Harold's Bistro & Bar - Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
7551 Westminster Highway
Richmond, BC V6X 1A3Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Harold's Bistro & Bar - Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.haroldsbistro.com/
- Phone: 6042333969
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Buffet: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 10:30am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: From 11:00am
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
**Sunday A-La-Carte Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
***Lounge open 11:00am - midnight
****A-La-Carte Breakfast available all day on request****
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Prime Rib, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Vu
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can host your group in Harold's restaurant for 1-100! Interested in a reception, sit down lunch, dinner or afternoon meeting? Harold's is the place for your event. We can create a custom menu for your group.
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy an open room with floor to ceiling windows and a beautiful courtyard view!
We can accommodate your group from 1-100
- Private Party Contact: Tegan Farrell 6042333968
- Special Events: Join us for Canucks action!
Game Day specials!
Reserve a seat today!
Book your business lunch or after work event at Harold's! We can create a custom menu or choose from our group menu selections.
Where can you go 7 days a week for a Deluxe Breakfast Buffet?
We now feature our Prime Rib Special on Saturday, Sunday and Monday evenings from 5pm!
- Cross Street: Minoru Blvd
- Public Transit: The Bistro and Lounge can be easily accessible by transit buses or by taxi. We are a five minute walk from the Brighouse station on the Canada Line.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Complimentary parking for patrons of the bistro and lounge. Please register your license plate number with a restaurant associate.
A word from Harold's Bistro & Bar - Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
A contemporary restaurant & bar highlighting comfortable, globally inspired, casual dining supporting the green concept from farm to table. Harold’s has “Something for Everyone”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Harold's Bistro & Bar - Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Harold's Bistro & Bar - Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (13)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (7)special occasion (6)fit for foodies (6)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Terrible cocktailsCoconutVIPDined on 7/31/2014My girlfriends & I went to Harold's for drinks & appies & we were disappointed. The cocktails were atrocious- couldn't even drink them & sent them back. Our server happily took our drinks back but didn't recommend we order more cocktails- she suggested we stick to beer or wine. Also, the appies were not hot & bordered on cold. Would recommend for lunch but not for an evening out. However, the Bread pudding was amazing!
- Dinner for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Came here for a quick dinner after work. It was pretty late but I guess there was some meeting or celebration in the back somewhere, so the restaurant was a bit loud despite it being empty in the front. The staff was quick to serve us but our waitress did not seem attentive at all. She wasn't rude or anything, but she didn't seem friendly to us, just took our order and left (9pm, long shift?). We ordered the crab cake burger and the lamb shank. Both were really good. Overall, it was a pretty good experience, but I would have to save up a little bit more money before deciding to come back.Special Features:
- Mediocre food and ambiancewestcoasterDined on 6/22/2014The moment we were seated, we noticed service was lacking. Ambiance was lacking as well....it was dead on a Saturday evening. Despite it being a slow night, several servers walked by our table but none stopped to take our orders. We had to flag down a server in order for him to get our server to take our orders. The tuna I ordered was mediocre....it was encrusted with a nasty flavor...tasted like all spice to me....if it wasn't encrusted with that, my meal would have been perfect.
- FantasticAwesomeDined on 6/13/2014The food & service were better than last time. Service was terrific, Carly showed us her friendly smile & well-knowledge about the food. She didn't say no to our request, she'd try to accommodate ea of us. Carly, I hope to see you in the same restaurant near future. I have to mention the hostess who has blond long hair wasn't... 1st, I came in 20 mins earlier & she said, you were early. At that moment, I was?? As a hostess, wasn't she need to say, let me get your table ready/bring you in and it's not telling your customer you were way too early; unless you want me to come back in 20 mins?? I don't think it takes 20 mins to set a table. I made the res 3 weeks in adv and your res should have set and organize already & res wasn't 1/2 full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet business lunchperfectoVIPDined on 6/5/2014Nice quiet setting for business lunch.Service is super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place all around5starrestaurantDined on 5/21/2014We had never been to Harold's before, and were pleasantly surprised. The waitresses were second to none. We tried this restaurant as we were picking up someone from Vancouver airport and thought we would leave early and have a meal before 7 p.m. pickup time. We lost our way to the restaurant, so had to phone them. When we got there, we were told that the girl we talked to was concerned about us finding the place. We were seated by her and then met our waitress. What a pleasure. She was so pleasant, talked to us so freely, and was so interested in our lives. Didn't get her name, but she was originally from Fiji. Would certainly go back to this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!BelliniloverDined on 5/11/2014I really enjoy dining at Harold's. The hostess we had (Hillary) was extremely polite and welcomed us with a smile and friendly disposition. Our server (Kori) was also very helpful in answering our questions about the food. She too, was very friendly. I was only upset that your Bellini's, which I always enjoyed very much, are no longer served! BRING BACK THE BELLINI!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 72 reviews are from the Harold's Bistro & Bar - Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel reviews archive.
- NiceMartmanDined on 4/20/2014Had Easter Sunday brunch here. Aside from actually seeing Harold, this is a great neighborhood gem. Service is prompt but friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great buffet!maman2epiceeVIPDined on 4/20/2014The family and I were there for Easter Brunch and I have to say, this is the first time I have dined at Harold's since they did renovations and everyone was impressed with the selection and quality of the food. Dare I say, it is even better compared the the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver one! They had quite a spread with a good variety for brunch, and what impressed me even more is the attention to food levels, and the constant replenishment. You don't get food that has been sitting out for hours. Awesome service, friendly servers and great atmosphere. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Excellent choiceLindyDined on 2/15/2014We chose a restaurant close to River Rock Casino for dining prior to seeing Natalie Cole. We found this gem in the Entertainment Book. This little spot exceeded our expectations. We had the halibut burger and the crab cake burger. We thoroughly enjoyed both.. a good selection of wines and great service made for a lovely experience. The fact that they took care of our parking was a bonus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2014We went to this restaurant for my hubby's birthday. When I made my reservation online, I mentioned that it was my hubby's birthday and would appreciate if they prepare a small piece of cake with a bday candle. I did not want to expect anything. As soon as we entered the restaurant and mentioned about my reservation, the hostess greeted my husband a happy birthday. When we finished the main course and ask for the dessert menu, the server brought a slice of triple chocolate cake with a bday candle. I was delighted with the service and will surely come back. Food quality is not superb but it is very good and definitely met our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is OK. Service is a bit slowMisseightyDined on 2/13/2014Appy steamed mussels was delicious. Ling cod is spicy to the point that my fiancé can't eat it so I did. Alaskan black cod was really good comparatively. Service was slow. There was only one server and a manager so it was a long wait.Special Features:
- Good food, environment and serviceWinnieDined on 2/12/2014My friends and I enjoyed the lunch. It has great environment, great service and excellent food. I had the vegetarian ravioli (I'm a vegetarian). Thank you.Special Features:
- Dine OutJoodsDined on 2/2/2014My best friend and I decided to go to Harold's for dine out lunch on a Sunday. We heard rave reviews on the bread pudding so that sold us. When we first arrived, we were greeted immediately by the hostess and seated promptly. Then our server, Ashley came and introduced us their regular menu as well as the dine out. She was super friendly, had a good sense of humor and engaging to us and ALL of her other guests. The food was good but what made the experience memorable and worth coming back for is the service and the story behind Harold's. Did I mention that we got to meet the Harold himself? He's such a lovely gentleman. I can see why Harold has been a loyal guest for 35 years.Special Features:
- The food was not that great.hamhamDined on 1/29/2014The food was not that great. For the dollar spent on the quality of the food, it's not worth it. Would not dine here again for dinner, maybe just come here on a game night to watch a game and have a couple of beers...Special Features:
- Waste of Money, Worst dine-outdisappointedDined on 1/18/2014I chose this restaurant based on the decent menu options for dine out. I ended up going with a group of ten people, and was seated immediately upon arrival. First off the noise level was ridiculous because there was an enormous party of teenagers screaming and yelling non stop where the waiters did nothing to quiet them down. The food came around 30 mins after ordering. The food decently portioned but way over price considering the taste and quality. I ordered the ahi tuna from the dine out menu and honestly it was probably the worst tasting ahi tuna i've ever had in my life, and for dessert my friends ordered the white chocolate mousse or whatever and it tasted as if it was in the fridge for days, dry and with an awful after taste.
- Christmas lunch buffetHangerbcDined on 12/25/2013Great food & very reasonably priced buffet lunch - recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's worth the money valueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2013The price was very reasonable for the special occasion. The seafood especially the mussels were very fresh.Special Features:
- Surprising Find1morefoodieVIPDined on 9/10/2013We went with low expectations to this Sheraton eatery near the airport, and were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and service. Try the rice bowls -- butter chicken or teriyaki -- for something off the beaten path of hotel dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet setting; Food can be improvedSGVLDined on 9/10/2013We enjoyed having a quiet business lunch there. Service was great. Food was OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2013Went to Harold's for our daughter's 19th birthday celebration. We wanted somewhere elegant and quiet but sophisticated enough to make our daughter feel extra special and that was exactly what we got. Thank you, Harold's for a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's not just the food that's good!rise2lifeDined on 6/29/2013Can always expect great service and food from Harold's. The price is most reasonable. For a hotel, the atmosphere is elegantly relaxing. I like the idea of the variety in the menu, from burgers to prime rib. The restaurant is always clean, spacious and comfortable. Food presentation is part of the treat of dining at Harold's. The waitresses never forget you, they always come back to check in. It's for sure one restaurant where I wouldn't mind tipping, the ladies that serve us always always do a fantastic job. It's also a great place to meet friends for a quick snack and chat after work before going home. Location is great, easy to get to, lots of parking. Harold's is a thumbs up for my family and friends. Thank you Harold's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice quiet place where youperfectoVIPDined on 6/28/2013Nice quiet place where you can connect with friends and catch up with each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers Day BrunchMzshawryDined on 6/16/2013Came here for Fathers Day Brunch. There weren't too many filled tables inside but the patio was fairly busy by comparison as it was nice out. If you plan on dining on the patio be aware you will be next to the hotel pool and their patrons. We ordered fr the brunch menu. At first glance it seems a bit pricey but it does come with coffee/tea, choice of juice, assorted fresh fruits, and pastry. We each got a croissant and Danish. This was plenty of food! I've never had to pack brunch before but I just could not stuff another bite! The food was good. We had the skillet, omelette and meatloaf. It was fairly standard fare. We just wanted somewhere to go that wasn't overly crowded, had friendly service, reliable good food and we got exactly that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is my first good expedienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/22/2013This is my first good expedience at this restaurant, having written a couple negative reviews from my part experience dining here. I wouldn't say I'd recommend it yet, but at least I didn't regret my visit.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed their specialSGVLDined on 4/12/2013We really enjoyed their special feature "Lamb Sirloin". It was a pleasant surprise on how well the dish was done for all of us. Service is a little slow. We waited a long time for our dinner to come. Probably it was just a very busy Friday night.Special Features:
- Last time I was at this locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013Last time I was at this location it was still the Wayfaring Tree at the Richmond Inn. The place has been completely remodelled since then and it seems a lot less crowded. The staff were very attentive and were always coming round to fill our coffee cups etc. The food selection for brunch did not seem as large as it had been in the past but it was much better laid out and the food quality was excellent. I even met Harold, the 35 year daily patron, after whom the venue was renamed about 5 years ago. I would ceratinly go back there.Special Features:
- Abysmal serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2013We went to Harold's for dinner & received abysmal service from our waiter Henry D. Once seated he took forever to come to our table to take our orders & when we did receive our entrees he never came back to check on us. Twice I had to get up & leave our table to find a waitress in the bar area to get our glasses refilled with water because our waiter Henry D was nowhere to be found. Several times we had to wave over other waitresses for service because our waiter was still MIA. When it was time to pay he took forever to return the visa card given to him for payment. I paid my half with cash and when he returned to our table with my change he mumbled "here, you can go buy something with this" which I found to be quite rude.
- Its good...for RichmondBob2VIPDined on 2/20/2013For those who lives in Richmond, there are not too many western food available. This place is good especially for Richmond. I would recommend their spinach dip!
- I wasn't overly impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013I wasn't overly impressed with the food. I asked for a rare steak and received one that was medium done. My partner ordered a medium steak and received a well done steak. The extra mushrooms that we both ordered were nothing to rave about either, basically just mushrooms reduced in loads of butter. Anyone can make mushrooms like that at home, do something different that makes your food unique from how other restaurants cook or even how amateur cooks make a steak dinner at home. I was 2012's dine out winner and have had the great chance of experiencing what the awesome restaurants of vancouver have to offer, the service was great but take more pride in the food that you provide.Special Features:
- Good price with quality food!!!EddyDined on 1/27/2013Good price with quality food!!! Excellent with groups of friends..Special Features:
- We went for trying the DineTinaCDined on 1/26/2013We went for trying the Dine out menu, and found out the service and food were both not good. We made our reservation several days ahead and that's our first time dining in this restaurant. The waiter did come to our table several times but did not appareling friendly and fill up cups etc. Foods are normal but not so excited. Just like you go to food court eat something and that's it. The menu seems not worth at $28 value. Not even tea or coffee in the end and the dessert is way too sweet. Portions are not big and could fit normal adults.Special Features:
- We had a dineout menu there.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2013We had a dineout menu there. It was a surprise to us, the food was outstanding, good & tasty appetizers, steak is cooked to the perfect doness with the perfect matched peppercorn sauce, the doness of the halibut is also perfect with the spicy crusted. The chocolate cake is very rich and the bread pudding is soft & warm. A good place to dine out in Richmond. We will visit this place again for the prime rib special on Sat,Sun & Mon.Special Features:
- The food are good. The servicevicvicDined on 1/19/2013The food are good. The service is good. But the waiting timing is little long. The bread pudding will be my recommended dessert .Special Features:
- Large selection of meals.HungryBearVIPDined on 1/19/2013Large selection of meals. Food was tasty and nicely presented. The server was pleasant and attentive.Special Features:
- Attended Harold's for 2ndOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Attended Harold's for 2nd time re the Christmas Day buffet. Prices reasonable, food good although we would have liked a bit more choice, ie. hot pudding, pork or lamb roast, and roast potatoes or yams. No seniors rate available.Special Features:
- We were there for ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/25/2012We were there for Christmas dinner. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. This was my first time at Harold's. I'll be returning for a regular dinner and lunch!Special Features:
- 15% charge added not nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/13/2012The food and atmosphere were wonderful. I booked for the Richmond Diabetic Support group. We are all seniors and most are low income. We did not appreciate having 15% placed on each person's bill. It was great to see Harold and have him come say hello.We will probably look for another restaurant unless the practice of adding 15% to groups of 8 or more continues. The washrooms are also too far from restaurant.Joyce WalshSpecial Features:
- Perhaps it was the time ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/26/2012Perhaps it was the time of our meal, because when we got there at 2:30, we had to wait around 5 minutes before someone noticed us waiting by the hostess counter. We finally got a seat, and because we were on a bit of a tight schedule, we ordered our food immediately. We had one appie and two entree. The appie came after 20 minute, which seemed kind of ridiculous considering there were only us ad another table of 3 at the restaurant (and they already got their food before we sat down so it wasn't like they had to make their food before ours). The entrees took an additional half hour, making it a whole 50 minute before we even got to see our entree. In the end, we had to pack our entire uneaten entree to go.Special Features:
- I chose Harold's on the dayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2012I chose Harold's on the day as it had a choice for Thanksgiving Dinner. We had Prime Rib. Prime Rib Portion was small and perhaps not in the range of doneness we had asked for. Waiter was probably new, it took time to receive drinks, and dinner. But the after dinner service is when it all fell apart. The bill was in error. I couldn't get his attention to fix it. It wasn't busy. Asked a fellow waiter to fix it which she obligingly did. Then couldn't get his attention to pay for dinner. Which to me undermines the whole dining out experience. This space needs a supervisor to oversea that tables are being looked after, or seasoned staff who can self actualize.