Harold's and The Bayonet Room
1940 Ken Pratt Blvd.
Longmont, CO 80501Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harold's and The Bayonet Room
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.haroldsoflongmont.com/
- Phone: 3037747399x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4pm - 11pm, dinner served from 5pm - 9pm
Friday & Saturday: 4pm - 12am, dinner served from 5pm - 10pm
Happy Hour: 4pm - 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jef Forsberg
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Harold’s is available for private dining. We can hold up to 120 guests and are excited to discuss the possibility of working with you to create a unique and wonderful experience.
- Private Party Contact: Ben Wilson 3037747399x
- Entertainment: Entertainment provided occasionally. Please call the restaurant or check our web site for dates and times.
A word from Harold's and The Bayonet Room
We are a local, family owned, farm-to-table restaurant located in historic Longmont, Colorado. Connected to Harold’s is a quaint patio and 40's era craft cocktail lounge. Harold's uses organic local produce, beers and spirits whenever possible. Families welcome.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Harold's and The Bayonet Room reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance2.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)romantic (1)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Accepted reservation; was closed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Was closed for renovations. No mention on their own website, and still accepting reservations.
- CLOSED at our reservation time!?YayFoodDined on 7/5/2014My family planned a special 70th birthday dinner and try Harold's for my mother-in-law for her bday through Open Table reservations a few weeks in advance. We even received the reminded email days before. Family members from out of state met mom at Harold's that night to find the restaurant closed for the weekend??? No notice to reservation holders... Lovely! Happy 70th Birthday Mom! Thank goodness the Boulder Cork is always gracious and got us right in with a last minute "reservation" so mom felt special, even treating her to a crowd sized dessert and photographing the family for a keepsake! Time again we count on the Cork for holidays, special occasions, or just a good meal or happy hour! Harold's will continue NOT to get our business...
- Locked out on Saturday nightlockdownDined on 7/5/2014How dare you send a "How was Harold's? You locked us out with no notice other than the sign on the door, and no Sat night reservation anyplace else. Let me ask you. Are you well? Are you alive? Do you plan to take the CLOSED FOR THE WEEKEND sign off your door? We've never been, and I would guess this sentence will be final.
- A new addition to our rotationboulderfoodieDined on 6/21/2014Went to Harold's for a long overdue date night with my girlfriend. We live in Boulder and dine out regularly but haven't been on a relaxing date in a while. We wanted something different than our usual rotation of great places in Boulder and have driven by Harold's many times when visiting friends in Longmont. I've always commented to her that I'd like to try it because I think the sign looks cool. It was exactly as I was hoping it would be. Great food, comfortable, vibrant and uniquely designed bar environment, genuine hospitality, well-made drinks and very reasonable prices (especially compared to what we're used to in Boulder) We will be back many times and are excited to try some more of the menu.Special Features:
- Great gumbo!SkierColoradoDined on 6/12/2014Tried the gumbo and it was delicious. Just the right level of spiciness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestnotacookDined on 6/10/2014We went to Harold's on a Tuesday evening. They had no filet. The starter flatbread (crispy chicken with artichoke) was cold. The pulled pork tacos were good. The wedge salad had virtually no dressing on it. They did not have one of the desserts we wanted (pecan pie). There were only 3 tables with guests and yet our service was slow, at best. We will not go back.
- The following 65 reviews are from the Harold's and The Bayonet Room reviews archive.
- Don't judge a book by its cover!DisappointedInDenverVIPDined on 5/23/2014Intrigued by the reviews, we decided to give them a try. Excellent cocktails and food. Especially impressed with the turkey breast-- smoked, cooked sous vide, then lightly breaded and fried. Possibly the best turkey I've ever tasted. The Fig Pig flatbread made an excellent appetizer for two. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/22/2014I was very surprised that Harold's seems to be linked to the Best Western when we arrived and the place was pretty empty on Thursday 5/22/14 between 6pm-7:30pm. That made me nervous but were we ever surprised by the delicious very reasonably price food. The devilled eggs, potato salad, cheesy corn bread, and the fried chicken were some of the best I ever had. The blue corn grits and mixed greens with it were very good also. Will we be sure to take the rest of our family there when we return - we drove in from Allenspark, Co where we were staying.Special Features:
- Harold's rocks!ReadytoeatVIPDined on 5/3/2014On a friends recommendation we chose to venture out of boulder to enjoy a burger and libation in Longmont! The website is worthy of a peek, I recommend bar seating or outdoors for the vibe, food is farm to table and delish! Be sure to try the truffle fries and deviled eggs! The basil and the blackberry smash drinks were unbelievable. I highly recommend this joint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014Okay, confession first. The proximity of Harold's next to Best Western has kept us from going there in our first two years living in Longmont. However, since we heard good things about it, we finally gave in and were pleasantly surprised with a great meal. I'm guessing there's a life lesson in there somewhere. We had the barbeque deviled eggs as an appetizer which were awesome! I had the cheeseburger which was incredible and my wife had the mushroom risotto which good as well. (Although she said next time she'd try the Trout.) I think I might have to stay with the cheeseburger, but we shall see... The patio was nice and we had a beautiful day to enjoy it. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My sister and I had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/24/2014My sister and I had a wonderful 3 course meal and will definitely be back!! I had the Duck which was absolutely delicious!!Special Features:
- Stellar Soup and Good MealArlandoVIPDined on 3/7/2014The squash soup offered as a special starter was stellar in smoothness, taste and presentation and prepared without any cream or diary product.. A side of vegetables for sharing accompanied two Chicken Dinners which were served with grits. The chicken was prepared sous vide style for moistness and flash fried for crispy crunch texture. The grits were rather bland and could have been enhanced as cheese grits or spiced more. Dessert was a shared Romona's Bakery Chocolate Cake. The entire meal was accompanied by Left Hand Draught beer on tap for $5. The service was excellent with plenty of attention to our table.Special Features:
- very nice surprisemacthechefDined on 3/3/2014when we first walked in it was like any other motel chain dining room. a little brighter than romantic, a little nosier rather than muting carpet could handle. we ate in the bar where it was a little less bright even with the televisions on. however, all of that changed and didn't matter once the bartender came over. she was smart and funny and she really knew her liquor and drink combos. then, when we thought it couldn't get any better the first sampler of food arrived. this may not be the most romantic restaurant i've ever been to but as a food and drink place it was very very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad TimingfoxycleoDined on 2/26/2014Unfortunately, my husband and I did not have a good experience at Harold's. We had a reservation - when we arrived there was a large party (20+) of businessmen in the dining room. The restaurant had taken the party's reservation only an hour before their arrival. The small staff was overwhelmed. Late drinks, no food for an hour, wrong drinks. Food mediocre. Lots of apologies but the night was pretty much a disappointment. No offer to buy us a drink. Probably won't go back. In all fairness, some of our friends have had very nice experiences at Harold's.Special Features:
- Best in Longmont!DDH123VIPDined on 2/26/2014I have written about Harold before and will be brief this time. Harold's is simply the best restaurant in Longmont!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindDoni42Dined on 2/15/2014Harold's is a great bar with great food and even better drinks. You you haven't already, check out Harold's!Special Features:
- seating for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014While the food was tasty, we were not happy with the noise level. We reserved a table for 2. ( adults) We were placed in a Family dining area, and then a "group" arrived with people standing and the noise level became such that our dinner for 2 became intolerable and we did not stay for our dessert. So, we would not recommend for those wanting a "special" dinner" or a "quiet" dinner.. But, our compliments to the food !! It was different and worth our trying !Special Features:
- Valentine dinnerCorayDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I went on Valentine evening and had a very good dinner. It was a set menu but was well planned. Food and service was good especially for a busy day. The only down side we felt was the bar area, seems very confined and dark.
- Good...better with improvementsTroglobyteDined on 2/14/2014Thought the food was outstanding. We went for the Valentines day 4 course dinner. The 3rd course portions could have been larger but again, all courses were well prepared. You had the option of pairing your food with a particular wine or beer. This was good but the waitress failed to ask if we wanted a drink to start the meal off with...perhaps an oversight on her part...we later had a drink at the bar to check it out and the bartenders were busy but friendly and made good drinks. Overall, we would go back. TSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedLongmontianDined on 2/7/2014The food does not deserve the price tag it has. Everything is good, but nothing is great. I would however recommend the deviled eggs three ways. That was fun. Go in, have the deviled eggs and maybe the scallops and some drinks. They have some fun classic drinks on the menu. But the dinner was just OK.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceMikeDVIPDined on 2/1/2014We came here with another couple. We had been here before and recommended it. Good choice. Our friends enjoyed their meals. Service was very good too. I had the borsht and fried chicken. My wife had the lamb chop. Guests had the scallops and the lobster pasta. We ate early do the crowd was small. Place was filling up when we left. Saturday night includes a singer. He has a good voice, but pick a spot away from him if you want to talk.Special Features:
- unhurried and quietmmmspiceyDined on 1/3/2014Harold's was a nice setting for a special night with family we do not see very often. We had a secluded spot and were not rushed to finish our appetizers and drinks. The food portions were small, but tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a start..............ShellbellDined on 12/27/2013This restaurant has a great chef............I would say his creations rival most chef's in Boulder. That being said, what's with the awful music? My 80 year old mother even thought it was worn out.........try classical or jazz if you want to separate yourself from the masses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Day 2013RandyDined on 12/25/2013If you have not discovered Harold's it is awesome. The farm to table menu is truly great and very moderately pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Hidden GemmeggDined on 12/25/2013What a fantastic find. I gave this a try for Christmas dinner because everything else was booked. I was greatly rewarded with fantastic, local food at a way better price than many similar styles in Boulder. The staff was attentive and amazing. The owner goes beyond the call. The craft cocktails are sublime. I am eager to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lonliness in LongmontSaveurDined on 12/12/2013When we were seated at Harold's at about 7 p.m. on a holiday season Thursday evening, there were only two other people in the sizeable dining room. The silence was somewhat overpowering. However, a few other diners appeared later. The server was efficient, although she quickly denied a small special request without asking the chef. Everything we two ordered was beautifully presented, and was quite delicious. It's sad that the offerings of this talented creative kitchen apparently go largely unappreciated.Special Features:
- Harold's is great for the holidays!MsDorisCDined on 11/28/2013We went to Harold's for Thanksgiving. They had a tasty buffet spread (most of which my gluten free husband could enjoy). The green beans and brussels sprouts sides were deelish, and their boutique bar makes wonderful drinks. It was nice to keep things low key for a change, especially since we celebrated with friends the weekend before. Will definitely return to try other dishes on the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Thanksgiving experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/28/2013A huge THANK YOU to the kitchen and staff of Harold's for making our Thanksgiving special! We didn't travel to visit family this year, and nervously planned to eat dinner out instead. Not only was the food at Harold's amazing, but everyone was so warm and welcoming and the atmosphere was as close to being at someone's home as we could have imagined. We couldn't have dreamed up a more lovely experience, and will definitely be back for a "regular" dinner very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceAnonymousDined on 11/16/2013I had a wonderful time at Harold's. The food was excellent as was the service. It was a special occasion for a group of 5 and I was so pleased with our selection of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is both creativeJodaDined on 10/19/2013The food is both creative and down to earth. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceBuncoBabe1Dined on 10/10/2013Went to Harolds with some friends for a new place to eat, drink and be merry. The food was great. We started with the appetizer of sausage, which was great to share-enough for 4. I had the hanger steak, which was melt in your mouth good, 2 of my friends had the chicken which they said was great - though didn't seem to care for the blue corn polenta (I think thats what it was). The fourth person had the fish, which was thoroughly enjoyable. I had a cosmopolitan, which was ok, kind of pricey ($10.00) I don't know what the others were drinking or if I did, it must not have stood out because none mentioned being impressed. We would definitely go back for the food, but not just for drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitKatherineDined on 10/4/2013Had heard good things about the food - which didn't disappoint. I loved the halibut and seasonal grilled vegetables. My friend was disappointed in the chicken because of appearance (result of the cooking process which leaves the flesh pink). The dining room needs a better ambiance, but the bar area looks great. Will eat in the bar next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 80th birthday celebrationSuscooksDined on 10/3/2013What a nice time we had at Harold's! We wanted to have a special night with great food, good wine, and be able to bridge the generations. We did all those things! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely local findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2013The food was great (3rd time in 6 months). However, the lobster pappardelle was a little light on the lobster......probably about an ounce. The fresh pasta and sauce were great, as was the beet salad.Special Features:
- Great Food; Poor Servicesmokybuff9Dined on 8/14/2013The food is wonderful but the service was terrible. My husband and I came here for our 14th wedding anniversary. We had been here once before and it was fantastic. We picked this as our special place to celebrate based on our past good experience. The staff made us feel anything but special. We had 3 different waitresses and each one was as inattentive as the next. They were unable to answer questions about the menu and they had no idea what "gluten-free" meant even though this is part of their menu. They tried to rush us through our meal and slammed the check down on the table before we were even done eating. We were not offered dessert and the waitress seemed offended when we attempted to order dessert after the bill had been tallied.Special Features:
- Best in LongmontMikeDVIPDined on 8/7/2013Great food. Quick efficient service. We had the deviled eggs app. I had the sous vide fried chicken with grits. Chicken was wonderful. Full of flavor and moist. No greasy taste. Grits were OK but not outstanding. Outdoor patio was pleasant. By far the best food in Longmont! Eggs were delicious.Special Features:
- Best cocktails ever!YumSeekerDined on 7/18/2013...and the food ain't bad either! Arguably one of the best burgers ever. Risotto was a phenom. Delicious Deviled Eggs. Oh and the Truffle Fries! I have been here on several occasions. I have not been disappointed yet. They take pride in what they do and it shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bar!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/29/2013The four of us sat in the very cool retro bar as one of our party was a 4 mo old infant and the bartender was very attentive to our dinner needs. The beet salad was one of the best I have had and the cheeseburger was the BEST I have ever had and this is coming from an Iowa farm girl! We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience!BingerDined on 6/29/2013The food, service, and atmosphere at Harold's was excellent. The young lady who served us was not only knowledgeable about the menu items and wines but shared with us some of the background on the restaurant. We will definitely return for dinner and plan to try out the lunch menu very soon. Thank you.Special Features:
- We'll visit it againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2013My wife and I went here for our 14th anniversary and because we wanted to try a new place. We sat outside on the patio. We plan on visiting it again someday to see if some elements improve, namely the service was a little slower than we'd like. We shared the deviled egg appetizer and the chop salad to start. Both were very good, but I sometimes have problems with pricing at these types of places. The deviled eggs were unique and delicious, but $11 for three half-eggs? She ordered the halibut main dish and I ordered the pork dish. Her fish was very good, my pork was excellent. I also have problems paying $5-6 for a beer I could buy in a 6-pack for $10 and $11 for a cocktail that was remarkably small. I'll never get used to this practice.Special Features: