2153 Frederick Douglas Blvd
New York, NY 10026Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.harlemtavern.com/
- Phone: 2128664500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music on Tuesday and Wednesdays. Jazz Brunch on Saturday and Sunday
A word from Harlem Tavern
New York City"s Harlem Tavern, Frederick Douglass Boulevard's latest addition to Harlem's Gold Coast, is a neighborhood bar, restaurant, & beer garden situated on the corner of 116th St. Just blocks from the area's treasured Morningside and Central Parks, Harlem Tavern is an inviting American bistro-cuisine establishment. Not only does the savory menu offer exciting items like Crispy BBQ wings and Cedar Planked Salmon and a fun Kids Menu, but the extensive craft beer and wine lists have something for everyone. Whether you're looking to plan a corporate event, birthday party, reception, game watch, or get-together, Harlem Tavern has community tables, booths, and a bar area adorned with nostalgic design and 21st century amenities to suit your needs. The massive outdoor beer garden and patio lined with beautifully restored brick is the ideal setting to host any of your events, parties, and dining experiences. Our staff is ready to accommodate your group of up to 300.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Harlem Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)good for groups (3)hot spot (2)neighborhood gem (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Great experience!magsDined on 8/30/2014I chose the Harlem Tavern to celebrate my son's 25th birthday. The food and service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placePatriciaDined on 7/8/2014I had passed the spot several times but never dined there until recently. I love it! Good food and reasonable prices. I am sad that I just recently got aquatinted with the place - if I had known of it before I would have taken all of my friends there the past 6 months I've been living in New York. You have to try it out :o)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 11 reviews are from the Harlem Tavern reviews archive.
- Great Get-together for friendsPhillysBest215Dined on 5/17/2014Had a reservation for 11 and was seated within 5 mins of everyone's arrival. The service was slow because the wait staff appeared to be managing a large number of tables; however the server was professional in every aspect, displayed signs of being rushed. This place is great for meeting with friends and throwing a few back. The food was basic and general. Several people in my party complained that it was bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harlem TavernlisJVIPDined on 5/17/2014Love the food. Noisy but it lends itself to that with the televisions and bar. Excellent wait staff. Bathroom attendant rocks!Special Features:
- GoodHlawDined on 5/17/2014Good food. My waiter was great. The first woman at the front kept me waiting as she exchanged contact information with someone. However, another woman came over to seat me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutsunshynOutDined on 5/1/2014A pleasant surprise for drinks and dinner in Harlem. Good drinks, good food, and outstanding service from our waiter Cass. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!KHyeDined on 2/8/2014Was looking for a place in Harlem for brunch and looked at all the classic places who either wouldn't take Saturday reservations or who were booked until Monday, then stumbled upon Harlem Tavern's brunch menu online. The menu looked great and all brunch items were flat priced and came with a mimosa, Bloody Mary or beer. We were able to make a reservation within the hour and upon getting there were impressed with the beer garden feel (will definitely return in the spring for that experience) and the live music. Really enjoyed brunch and the mimosas were great! Will be back for sure.Special Features:
- great brunchsdb123Dined on 2/1/2014I had a burger which taste great, my friend had the spring omelet (with shrimp, lobster, and veggies) and she thought it was bland. Brunch came with a drink so I ordered a cranberry and orange juice mix which they got perfectly and served in a small mason glass. cuteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #1 Tavern in Harlem !MBellDined on 1/10/2014I have been here several times to hang out with groups of friends and the food and drinks are always very good !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was pretty flavorfulCriticizerVIPDined on 12/19/2013The food was pretty flavorful with higher end tasting versions of standard bar/diner food. However, the service wasn't great as our waitress took a long time to return to the table to check on us for drinks and bring the bill. Even with an Open Table reservation they sat our party of 7 at uncomfortably placed table where one side of it was backed up right against on the bar tables and the bar patron's butts. They made a point to call me earlier in the day to make sure we were coming but failed to mention they had rented out most of the place for a private (and very loud) holiday party. Overall, it was okay but not what we had hoped for.Special Features:
- Always a good time at Harlem TavernJro529Dined on 12/18/2013I've been coming to Harlem Tavern since last year and have never been disappointed. Every time I visit the food is well-prepared and the staff is welcoming and provides great customer service. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor attitudeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/28/2013Normally good for beers, brunch but these guys were grumpiest ppl I've ever met
- Thanksgiving - Prix Fixmsar56Dined on 11/28/2013Excellent - Attentive Service - Reservation Follow up - ALso select fro regular menu we were not rusded and enjoyed it allSpecial Features: