9698 Jasper Ave
Edmonton, AB T5H 3V5Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hardwaregrill.com/
- Phone: (780) 423-0969
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Canadian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Larry Stewart
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Red Wine Cellar can accommodate groups up to 16 people. It comes with an exclusive server, and a wall-mounted HDTV for presentation and entertainment purposes.
There are three available menus.
Room charge is waived for groups of eight or more.
The Red Wine Cellar cannot be booked online--please call to reserve.
- Private Party Contact: Margo 7804230969x
- Special Events: "Edmonton has the best restaurant in Canada, the Hardware Grill.
The room is Frasier-and-Niles chic, but the lack of pretension is pure Martin Crane."
Local owners Melinda and Chef Larry Stewart have a hand picked brigade to offer culinary grace in an elegant casual setting with professional, convivial service.
Located in the heart of the Arts District, the Historic Goodridge Block is the perfect home for this restaurant that has come to epitomize contemporary regional cuisine at its best.
For groups of 9 and over, or the Chef's Table, please contact the restaurant for availability.
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
- A Unique GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014A great restaurant with amazing food. The service is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great room for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/18/2014We had a large group for dinner, the wine cellar is excellent, it's private, well stocked and makes for great conversation. The food is excellent, it's is a set menu for the cellar, with great choices. I do recommend the 3 course as the portions are large. The staff was excellent and very accommodating. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014We love this restaurant , the food really is incredible. This time though our service was horrible, I had to get up twice to find the waiter and his whole demeanour was irritating. Because of the service this time it ruined our meal and the occasion we were celebrating. Disappointing !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSebastienDined on 11/8/2014What a great spot! Wonderful food beautifully prepared. Service was excellent - efficient and friendly. Rooms are large so a little noisy on a busy night - perhaps a few sound buffers might help. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- underwhelming for Price PointYEGGenYReviewerDined on 11/7/2014I liked the quite atmosphere of Hardware Grill. We were seated at a table/booth that reminded me of a dinner theatre setup and it was awkward because I wasn't facing my dinner companion and we coudln't help but stare at the table across from us. They do have regular tables and I recommend sitting at those. For an appetizer, we ordered Braised Pork Cheeks. Flavour was great but food arrived luke warm. For main course, we ordered Duo of Bacon Wrapped Elk and Slow Braised Beef short ribs and Grain Fed Alberta Veal Chop. Portions were generous and meat was cooked to perfection. We were so full, we didn't get to try dessert menu.Special Features:
- ChickenLoverDined on 11/1/2014I went to Hardwear Grill for an anniversary and can't say I'd go back. The atmosphere and service was perfect but it was disappointed that there wasn't one chicken option. I went with the vegetarian option; it was very rich but not worth $34 for a mushroom cap, a ravioli, beans, parsnip and some spaghetti squash.Special Features:
- Hard to beat the Hardware Grill !calgarDined on 11/1/2014Delicious food with a wide variety, impeccable service and all in a very pleasing setting...the Hardware grill did not disappoint! Pricey but worth it ! I would recommend the pork cheeks !Special Features:
- Amazing foodLindaDined on 11/1/2014The food here is amazing. Three of us had the sea bass and we all declared it one of the best meals we have had. The portion was very large. It was presented on a crepe filled with potatoes and lobster. Our other table mate had salmon (she had to take some home because the portion was so large). We started with the daily soup (2 of us said it was delicious) and the encrusted goat cheese on beet salad. Our server assured us that it wasn't a salad (with greens) but it was a fabulous appetizer although a bit too large a portion (it could have been shared). There was an excellent selection of wines. The service was attentive and quick but not overdone. Very professional.Special Features:
- Good Ambiance...Ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The food was good but far overpriced. It wasn't a memorable meal for the price by any means.Special Features:
- sunvirtueDined on 10/25/2014Second time customer and sad to say am going to find a different place to go to the next time we got out for a special outing. Sea Bass on the menu portion size was not proportionate to the high price - also fish was blackened and burnt on the outside and looked like a tossed out part of the fish that they decided to cook. We saw several other Sea Bass being served to customer which were not burnt and huge in portion size. Shrimp on the plate were cold and mushy as well. Normally not one to complain - but when paying for an expensive meal one does expect quality.Special Features:
- Outstanding GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014First time to the Hardware Grill for a special birthday occasion. The service was outstanding, the waiter made super suggestions for our group even down to the wine pairing. The food was outstanding. The price point is high but the quality of food / service makes up for it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Hardware Grill has always been a favourite and it is consistently great. Our food was fresh and hot and the timing was perfect.Special Features:
- Not impressedLeesaRiopelDined on 10/23/2014I brought my sons and a friend to this restaurant for one of my son's 21st birthday. We are all very familiar with high end dining. Our starters were okay. The Bass and the Salmon were both good. The elk and short rib were not. When our table was cleared each time it was obvious none of us enjoyed the meal as the plates went back almost full. The waiter did not once ask if we enjoyed our food and after he served dessert, he did not come back to our table until I asked him to bring the cheque. At which point we never saw him again. We waited almost 20 mins to be able to chat with him and in the end I decided we had had enough and left. The service was lacking and the food was okay, definitely not worth the almost $500 spent
- Excellent all around!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014The servers were friendly and attentive . The portions were generous and the cost reasonable. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the evening was a successDennisVIPDined on 10/17/2014The waiter did an excellent job, knew the menu and was available when needed or when the various courses had to be presented. Some of the spices/flavors were over bearing and took away from what I had expected the meal wouls taste like. Overall, the portions were large enough but next time I would spend more time with the waiter and ask about the spices , etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friday night at the hardware grillsoulouDined on 10/17/2014our dining experienced, long-awaited, was 10 stars on all levels. the food is of course pricey but with the quality offered, the price does not matter. our waiter shane was absolutely charming, one that we would like to have again. we had the beef carparccio for two and it was delightful. my husband had the bass and i had the duck breast; both dishes were absolutely fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A meal fit for a king.Yeyguy1986Dined on 10/11/2014Hardware Grill has a fantastic menu. Truly meals fit for a King. Just expect a king size bill at the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceJimmyEatsDined on 10/11/2014This was my second experience at this restaurant; my first being a late business dinner. This experience was for my wifes birthday which did not disappoint. The food, service and staff knowledge of their restaurant and their menu is commendable from wine pairing to how the restaurant is run and the experience of the chef/owner. Prices are fair in regards to the quality of food you receive; I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a quiet evening as a couple or with friends. The next time I will most definitely book the Chefs table as that experience looks very interesting.Special Features:
- Great service and food.FelixDined on 10/9/2014Great food great service overall. Server was amazing. Not enough time between meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaligatorDined on 10/4/2014We booked a reservation for our 31st Anniversary. Service was attentive, but we felt a bit rushed. Would like to have had more time between the main course and dessert. Appitizer was Excellent. This could have easily been for 3 to 4 people was too much for 2. Main course of Sea Bass was amazing. Throughly enjoyed that. My husband had the Beef and Elk. Beef was done to perfection, the Elk not so much. Dessert was nice, but came too soon - we told the waiter we'd like to wait but he decided to bring it out with my second cup of coffee. $4.50 for a cup of coffee is a bit steep. But being charged the same for a refill is offensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dinningChildfreeparentsDined on 10/4/2014Wonderful wine menu, excellent service and creative food combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always.boldtmanDined on 10/3/2014Great food and service. Always love an evening out at Hardware Grill.Special Features:
- always a favoriteMomma76Dined on 9/27/2014A favorite for always! The wine list and sea bass have to be the best. I've always been impressed with the wine paired by recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnetteDined on 9/27/2014This is our "go to" restaurant every year for special occasions (birthdays, anniversary etc). You never feel rushed....always a comfortable environment, great service, fabulous food. Although, the elk was a little under cooked for my liking, everything else was delicious. Wasn't sure if I would like the beet/goat salad, but it was divine. The ginger/tomato drink....well...it was an interesting flavor. Definitely prefer the Ceasar. Overall...fabulous and "yes" we will be back!Special Features:
- Never disappoints!WinterlandgirlDined on 9/24/2014We went for an early dinner. One nice option for this time was being able to choose off their early dinner 3 course menu -- a terrific way to enjoy a delicious appetizer & dessert with the meal. In the past I've only stuck to only ordering a main course due to the size of the portions & keep the price of the meal down. This was a really nice treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hands Down the Best Meal I've EatenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014From the service to the food, I couldn't have asked for anything better to celebrate my 26th birthday with my boyfriend. Our waitor Kyle was unbelievable, the best service I've ever had in my entire life. The food, wow. I was absolutely blown away with the food and how deliciously perfect it was. We had the bacon wrapped scallops to start, sea bass, and the bacon wrapped elk/short rib as our main course, and the creme brule for dessert. Pricey, but worth every penny and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic MealHernandez15Dined on 9/22/2014Always a great place to go for a special occasion. The service, food, at atmosphere are wonderful. Very romantic.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner - No RomanceBellepeppaDined on 9/19/2014This has been one of our favorite restaurants for special occasions or when we're dining downtown. I always request a table off to the side of the restaurant, explaining that my husband is hard of hearing. We were sat between two large tables that seemed more interested in drinking than the dining experience at this excellent restaurant. Our server was embarrassed as he knew it was our anniversary, but could do little about the noise. We don't expect special attention but would appreciate a simple request being answered. We will not be returning for another anniversary dinner, and would not recommend it to friends or family for an intimate evening.Special Features:
- High end diningLuv2EatOutDined on 9/19/2014Great food. Menu was short but with quality and high-end options. Wine list was good, as were the cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!ilikelambinmytummyDined on 9/19/2014Everything was fantastic! Thank you. The lamb was perfect!Special Features:
- Favourite in EdmontonBertmerDined on 9/18/2014Been here twice now and have has amazing food and service both times. This is my favourite restaurant in Edmonton and I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another amazing meal at HardwarePharmerStacyDined on 9/18/2014While I wouldn't call Hardware "kid friendly" I did not feel uncomfortable bringing my 4 month old baby. That said, I planned ahead so she didn't need to be fed or changed while there (I had called ahead and was told the ladies bathroom didn't have a change table). I can't recall if there was a small sitting area in the ladies room that could accommodate a feeding and/or diaper change. I appreciated being able to enjoy a wonderful meal at an upscale restaurant even with a baby in tow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TymsdinnerDined on 9/17/2014Our group of 8 felt the food, service, location & extensive wine list made this a great dining experience. Attention to detail was fantastic to pouring the wine to refiliing the water glasses througout the night. Both fish dishes were excellent & portions were large. All dishes were well received by our group. Will consider this place for my retirement party as we really enjoyed the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good for special occasions.quieteaterDined on 9/16/2014Great service and pleasant surroundings. Reasonably private table arrangements. Great desserts which are suitable for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hardware grillAgainDined on 9/13/2014Great food, great service. Nice ambience. A little on the pricey side but you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalRomanticatheartDined on 9/9/2014Good was delicious. Service was impeccable. It was out anniversary and thy wrote "happy anniversary!" On a piece of chocolate and put a candle on it. Very nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderful!BeantheBakerDined on 9/9/2014I have never been disappointed at Hardware Grill. The food has always been fabulous. Great place to celebrate a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsQuashiemomDined on 9/6/2014Excellent as always. Shane was attentive but not obnoxious. Sea bass lived up to its reputation.Special Features:
- perfectly pleasantLJSyummDined on 9/5/2014My experience at the hard ware grill has never been anything but wonderful. The staff are kind and knowledgeable. I recommend it to anyone looking to try a higher class establishment than what they may be use to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to be the best!Duke4SaskDined on 9/4/2014We have been going to the Hardware Grill for many years now at least twice a year. The food is so awesome, fantastic service and huge, huge wine list. So much flavour. The Chilean. Sea Bass dish is to die for. This is how a quality restaurant should be. It never disappoints.Special Features: