9698 Jasper Ave
Edmonton, AB T5H 3V5Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hardwaregrill.com/
- Phone: 7804230969x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Canadian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Larry Stewart
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Red Wine Cellar can accommodate groups up to 16 people. It comes with an exclusive server, and a wall-mounted HDTV for presentation and entertainment purposes.
There are three available menus.
Room charge is waived for groups of eight or more.
The Red Wine Cellar cannot be booked online--please call to reserve.
- Private Party Contact: Margo 7804230969x
- Special Events: "Edmonton has the best restaurant in Canada, the Hardware Grill.
The room is Frasier-and-Niles chic, but the lack of pretension is pure Martin Crane."
Local owners Melinda and Chef Larry Stewart have a hand picked brigade to offer culinary grace in an elegant casual setting with professional, convivial service.
Located in the heart of the Arts District, the Historic Goodridge Block is the perfect home for this restaurant that has come to epitomize contemporary regional cuisine at its best.
For groups of 9 and over, or the Chef's Table, please contact the restaurant for availability.
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
- Still Talking About It The Day...!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014During appetizers all my boyfriend I exchanged in conversation was "Mmmmmm!!!" And "Oh my god try this..." I don't know if words can actually justify how good the Seabass was; or how amazing the elk and veal were, knives were not needed at the table, everything just melted when you touched it. The service was exceptional, Shane was very knowledgable about the menu and joked around with us; he was just as much a highlight to our evening. The next morning in the car we found ourselves talking about the tortellini and smoked salmon in the car so booked our next visit.. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014As always, the service at Hardware Grill is outstanding. The staff/diner ratio and their attentiveness ensures a great dining experience. We never felt as though we needed to rush - plenty of time to actually enjoy our time! Cedar planked salmon and the gingerbread cake with mango ice cream - mmmmmmmm!!Special Features:
- good overall diningMarkieDined on 8/29/2014Wasn't over the moon but decent. Our Cesar salad was only mediocre and it took a long time to get our main course. The main was very good and our waiter was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodfoodie47474Dined on 8/29/2014Awesome atmosphere, great food, I had the sea bass which is delicious, my husband had the elk and short ribs. He had a steak there about a year ago that came with truffle fries which they took off menu... He said it's the best thing they had. He cannot find anything on the menu that is a suitable replacement but this meal was ok. We probably won't go back for a long time so he has the itch to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanielleDined on 8/28/2014Hardware Grill is consistently delicious. It is my favourite restaurant in Edmonton and has never disappointed.Special Features:
- Another great dining experienceScottyDined on 8/27/2014It never fails...I always get an excpetional meal with exceptional service from a professional server. I also like to see what goes on in the kitchen. Full transparency of my food being cooked is a great bonus.Special Features:
- DeliciousSarahDined on 8/26/2014Restaurant was fairly quiet on a Tuesday evening. Food was vdelicious and with generous portions. I ordered the bacon wrapped scallops as appetizer, which just melt in my mouth. My main entree was duck and it was the best duck I've ever had. Pricing is a bit on the high end side, but it is a fine dining restaurant so it wasn't unexpected. I would definitely recommend Hardware Grill to friends and families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!Schulte11Dined on 8/25/2014Upon arriving, they found out it was my wife's birthday. They changed our table so we would have a view of the kitchen and get to watch all the food being prepared. My wife loved it! Our server was super nice, and very knowledgeable. It was also cool to watch the Owner of the restaurant, who is also the head chef, in the kitchen, putting plates together and being hands on.Special Features:
- Rude greeter out of sea bassJacquelineDined on 8/23/2014The man who greeted us , was very rude....we were ready to order sea bass, they were out! My veal chop was over cooked and tough. Not sure we will be back...used to love it here...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014We had a great evening! Our server was fantastic, explained the menu and gave us some suggestions! We went to celebrate our 17th Wedding Anniversary it was the best meal hands down! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!nav1Dined on 8/23/2014Loved it!! Food was great and service was extraordinary. Really enjoyed the night out!Special Features:
- Hardware GrillCindyDined on 8/20/2014Excellent food. Great service! Beautiful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience!ggillis15Dined on 8/20/2014An all around amazing dining experience. From the moment you walk in the door and greeted with a warm smile to the moment you have finished the last morsel of an unbelievable meal you feel utterly satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gourmet dinner in EdmontonnancarDined on 8/19/2014Everything about our dinner for our group of 9 was excellent. Food choices,polished service great wine list flexibility-I had to increase the number twice. Privacy We had an amazing eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFlashDined on 8/16/2014First visit to the Hardware Grill for my girlfriend and I. The wine list had a good selection. We both has appetizers which came out really fast and hot. My pork cheek risotto was very good and the portion size was quite generous. For our main course we both commented on the quantity of food which was more than we were used to from a fine dining restaurant. Both our meals were very good. Our waiter was prompt and helpful the whole night. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Food is always good, waiters are always patient, courteous, prompt and very helpful with menu items or suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in the city!EldodDined on 8/16/2014Edmonton has a number of fine dining establishments but there is no doubt in our minds that the Hardware Grill is the finest restaurant in the city. Our favorite dish is the crab crusted salmon. The best dessert in the city is the warm Prairie gingerbread cakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantEnr13Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent food, service and ambience! Our family was celebrating a couple of events and we had a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Great Meal, Great Service, A+ ScoreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014We visit Hardware Grill about 4 times a year! We had the Salmon and the Angus Beef, cooked to perfection! The Gingerbread dessert was to die for, it can't get any better! Lots of food, come with a big appetite. Michele St. AlbertSpecial Features:
- the worst meal everOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014don't waste your time and have supper somewhere else. the worst service ever and the worst food. this place is overrated. we both return our main courses. the veal liver and pork belly was burnt close to incineration. the server was extremely rude. the only positive comment is about the host. this restaurant should be rated minus 10.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Atmosphere is tranquil, classic, and relaxing and refreshingly quiet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Our family went to the Hardware Grill to celebrate my wife's birthday. Had requested a table close to the kitchen so our daughter could what the food preparation. Absolutely wonder nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried Something Newboop30Dined on 8/9/2014Normally we stick to regular restaurants for dinners and special occasions. This year for my brothers birthday I wanted to switch it up. I wanted to enjoy a new experience. And that we did and we left smiling and talking about it. We would also recommend it to our friends and family. The only thing I would recommend is more prompt service. We waited a while for our initial beverages and appetizer order to be taken but overall the food was phenomenalSpecial Features:
- Great place!MEC31Dined on 8/9/2014Hardware grill has a unique menu. We tried the veal chop, crusted chèvre and the sea bass, all tasted delicious !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for a datemahoney16Dined on 8/9/2014great place for a date or special occassion, a little more pricy though well worth it, food was fantstic and well portioned,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Was outstanding , better than expected ! First visit and will be going back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a wonderful restaurant!cajunpeggyVIPDined on 8/9/2014I hadn't been to this restaurant in 15 years. Cool venue in an old hardware store. Outstanding service and food. We all had the crab-encrusted salmon. Salads are large enough to share, which is what our waiter recommended. We all shared the hot gingerbread cake with saskatoon berry/rhubarb compote and vanilla ice cream. Wonderful!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/7/2014Food was really great but the ambiance is a little sad and service "cold".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We brought friends from Nova Scotia for a special dinner. I could not have been more pleased with the service and the food. Our friends loved the feeling of having a "special evening" of fine dining with a friendly atmosphere. My friend raved about her lamb dinner and my salmon dish was wonderful. Everything was perfectly served. Our waiter was friendly and helpful without being intrusive. We had a marvelous dining experience.Special Features:
- First time, won't be the last time!bbradle3Dined on 7/31/2014What a hidden gem. With the construction on the street, you would be hard pressed to notice a restaurant behind the scaffolding. I have wanted to try the Hardware Grill for some time now and I am so happy I did. Warm greeting by the host and we were promptly taken to our table. Offered a cocktail while we waited for the rest of our party. Nice choice of cocktails. When the rest of our group arrived, the service really kicked in. After we ordered, bread arrived and our appetizers soon after. All our food (appys and dinner) arrived perfectly and together. We had a real nice Malbec with dinner. Nice wine list and the waiter seemed knowledgeable of the menu and wine list. Desert was great too. Excellent food, ambiance and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014I have never left Hardware Grill anything but extremely satisfied. The atmosphere is inviting, the seating is spacious, the food is delicious. Might be time to change up some menu items.. Fois Gras is on the menu :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestspukspukVIPDined on 7/26/2014I've been waiting to go back, its been several yr., and months. Wow, i know why this is the best food in town. The staff are always on top of the show.Special Features:
- Anonymouseater1Dined on 7/26/2014Dining at the hardware grill is like a trip back in time to attentive, knowledgable service you could find in New York where the customer was made to feel special. It also had a menu that had surprises and food that lived up yo the expectations created by the menu descriptions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The restaurant was nicely appointed and comfortable. The service was good to average but we felt a little ignored after a large group was placed in the same area. Value was average for a $200.00 meal for two people. Overall it was a nice dinner but I left wanting more for what I had paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best for a reason.ArmyVeteranDined on 7/25/2014Each time my wife and I have a meal at HWG it's a truly great experience. The moment you walk in you feel welcome and very appreciated as a customer. The service is human, your greeted and treated as welcomed friend. The food is very well made and it shows in every dish that every hand which touches your plate does so with the sole purpose to make that meal fantastic. My only wish to ask of the chef is to bring back the lobster risotto. My wife always has the sea bass and I always have the bacon wrapped elk and beef short rib. Treat your self to a special night and go here. You will not regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!Roberto48Dined on 7/25/2014We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary with a couple that we with us at our wedding and had a fantastic meal, service and overall experience. The food was very tasty, right size portions and the meal was not rushed.Special Features:
- A Great Dining ExperiencehatetocookDined on 7/18/2014This restaurant has been a favorite for years and I love its historic charm. My husband and I celebrated our 23rd Wedding Anniversary by dining here. We were seated promptly, and service was excellent. Our waiter was attentive and informative - had a great personality and was knowledgable about the dishes. We both enjoyed the appetizers and the wine selection was excellent. Our main courses were cooked to perfection and very tasty and the dessert was a great finish to a satisfying meal. Would definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HW Grill: Excellent Any TimeFoodExperienceDined on 7/17/2014Great Value and dining experience. The quality and consistency of the Harware Grill is always at such a high level. In my opinion they continue to be ranked in the top 5 fine dining establishments in EdmontonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!AlbertanDined on 7/14/2014Always good food always good service I dislike the classic move where they cram everyone in to one section even tho the restaurant isnt busy but thats ok food is great!Special Features:
- Table for 2PartyofFiveDined on 7/14/2014The food and service is always consistently excellent at the Hardware Grill and definitely worth the splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.