9698 Jasper Ave
Edmonton, AB T5H 3V5Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hardwaregrill.com/
- Phone: 7804230969x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Canadian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Larry Stewart
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Red Wine Cellar can accommodate groups up to 16 people. It comes with an exclusive server, and a wall-mounted HDTV for presentation and entertainment purposes.
There are three available menus.
Room charge is waived for groups of eight or more.
The Red Wine Cellar cannot be booked online--please call to reserve.
- Private Party Contact: Margo 7804230969x
- Special Events: "Edmonton has the best restaurant in Canada, the Hardware Grill.
The room is Frasier-and-Niles chic, but the lack of pretension is pure Martin Crane."
Local owners Melinda and Chef Larry Stewart have a hand picked brigade to offer culinary grace in an elegant casual setting with professional, convivial service.
Located in the heart of the Arts District, the Historic Goodridge Block is the perfect home for this restaurant that has come to epitomize contemporary regional cuisine at its best.
For groups of 9 and over, or the Chef's Table, please contact the restaurant for availability.
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
- Excellent all around!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014The servers were friendly and attentive . The portions were generous and the cost reasonable. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the evening was a successDennisVIPDined on 10/17/2014The waiter did an excellent job, knew the menu and was available when needed or when the various courses had to be presented. Some of the spices/flavors were over bearing and took away from what I had expected the meal wouls taste like. Overall, the portions were large enough but next time I would spend more time with the waiter and ask about the spices , etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friday night at the hardware grillsoulouDined on 10/17/2014our dining experienced, long-awaited, was 10 stars on all levels. the food is of course pricey but with the quality offered, the price does not matter. our waiter shane was absolutely charming, one that we would like to have again. we had the beef carparccio for two and it was delightful. my husband had the bass and i had the duck breast; both dishes were absolutely fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A meal fit for a king.Yeyguy1986Dined on 10/11/2014Hardware Grill has a fantastic menu. Truly meals fit for a King. Just expect a king size bill at the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceJimmyEatsDined on 10/11/2014This was my second experience at this restaurant; my first being a late business dinner. This experience was for my wifes birthday which did not disappoint. The food, service and staff knowledge of their restaurant and their menu is commendable from wine pairing to how the restaurant is run and the experience of the chef/owner. Prices are fair in regards to the quality of food you receive; I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a quiet evening as a couple or with friends. The next time I will most definitely book the Chefs table as that experience looks very interesting.Special Features:
- Great service and food.FelixDined on 10/9/2014Great food great service overall. Server was amazing. Not enough time between meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaligatorDined on 10/4/2014We booked a reservation for our 31st Anniversary. Service was attentive, but we felt a bit rushed. Would like to have had more time between the main course and dessert. Appitizer was Excellent. This could have easily been for 3 to 4 people was too much for 2. Main course of Sea Bass was amazing. Throughly enjoyed that. My husband had the Beef and Elk. Beef was done to perfection, the Elk not so much. Dessert was nice, but came too soon - we told the waiter we'd like to wait but he decided to bring it out with my second cup of coffee. $4.50 for a cup of coffee is a bit steep. But being charged the same for a refill is offensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dinningChildfreeparentsDined on 10/4/2014Wonderful wine menu, excellent service and creative food combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always.boldtmanDined on 10/3/2014Great food and service. Always love an evening out at Hardware Grill.Special Features:
- always a favoriteMomma76Dined on 9/27/2014A favorite for always! The wine list and sea bass have to be the best. I've always been impressed with the wine paired by recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnetteDined on 9/27/2014This is our "go to" restaurant every year for special occasions (birthdays, anniversary etc). You never feel rushed....always a comfortable environment, great service, fabulous food. Although, the elk was a little under cooked for my liking, everything else was delicious. Wasn't sure if I would like the beet/goat salad, but it was divine. The ginger/tomato drink....well...it was an interesting flavor. Definitely prefer the Ceasar. Overall...fabulous and "yes" we will be back!Special Features:
- Never disappoints!WinterlandgirlDined on 9/24/2014We went for an early dinner. One nice option for this time was being able to choose off their early dinner 3 course menu -- a terrific way to enjoy a delicious appetizer & dessert with the meal. In the past I've only stuck to only ordering a main course due to the size of the portions & keep the price of the meal down. This was a really nice treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hands Down the Best Meal I've EatenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014From the service to the food, I couldn't have asked for anything better to celebrate my 26th birthday with my boyfriend. Our waitor Kyle was unbelievable, the best service I've ever had in my entire life. The food, wow. I was absolutely blown away with the food and how deliciously perfect it was. We had the bacon wrapped scallops to start, sea bass, and the bacon wrapped elk/short rib as our main course, and the creme brule for dessert. Pricey, but worth every penny and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic MealHernandez15Dined on 9/22/2014Always a great place to go for a special occasion. The service, food, at atmosphere are wonderful. Very romantic.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner - No RomanceBellepeppaDined on 9/19/2014This has been one of our favorite restaurants for special occasions or when we're dining downtown. I always request a table off to the side of the restaurant, explaining that my husband is hard of hearing. We were sat between two large tables that seemed more interested in drinking than the dining experience at this excellent restaurant. Our server was embarrassed as he knew it was our anniversary, but could do little about the noise. We don't expect special attention but would appreciate a simple request being answered. We will not be returning for another anniversary dinner, and would not recommend it to friends or family for an intimate evening.Special Features:
- High end diningLuv2EatOutDined on 9/19/2014Great food. Menu was short but with quality and high-end options. Wine list was good, as were the cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!ilikelambinmytummyDined on 9/19/2014Everything was fantastic! Thank you. The lamb was perfect!Special Features:
- Favourite in EdmontonBertmerDined on 9/18/2014Been here twice now and have has amazing food and service both times. This is my favourite restaurant in Edmonton and I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another amazing meal at HardwarePharmerStacyDined on 9/18/2014While I wouldn't call Hardware "kid friendly" I did not feel uncomfortable bringing my 4 month old baby. That said, I planned ahead so she didn't need to be fed or changed while there (I had called ahead and was told the ladies bathroom didn't have a change table). I can't recall if there was a small sitting area in the ladies room that could accommodate a feeding and/or diaper change. I appreciated being able to enjoy a wonderful meal at an upscale restaurant even with a baby in tow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TymsdinnerDined on 9/17/2014Our group of 8 felt the food, service, location & extensive wine list made this a great dining experience. Attention to detail was fantastic to pouring the wine to refiliing the water glasses througout the night. Both fish dishes were excellent & portions were large. All dishes were well received by our group. Will consider this place for my retirement party as we really enjoyed the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good for special occasions.quieteaterDined on 9/16/2014Great service and pleasant surroundings. Reasonably private table arrangements. Great desserts which are suitable for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hardware grillAgainDined on 9/13/2014Great food, great service. Nice ambience. A little on the pricey side but you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalRomanticatheartDined on 9/9/2014Good was delicious. Service was impeccable. It was out anniversary and thy wrote "happy anniversary!" On a piece of chocolate and put a candle on it. Very nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderful!BeantheBakerDined on 9/9/2014I have never been disappointed at Hardware Grill. The food has always been fabulous. Great place to celebrate a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsQuashiemomDined on 9/6/2014Excellent as always. Shane was attentive but not obnoxious. Sea bass lived up to its reputation.Special Features:
- perfectly pleasantLJSyummDined on 9/5/2014My experience at the hard ware grill has never been anything but wonderful. The staff are kind and knowledgeable. I recommend it to anyone looking to try a higher class establishment than what they may be use to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to be the best!Duke4SaskDined on 9/4/2014We have been going to the Hardware Grill for many years now at least twice a year. The food is so awesome, fantastic service and huge, huge wine list. So much flavour. The Chilean. Sea Bass dish is to die for. This is how a quality restaurant should be. It never disappoints.Special Features:
- Great AmbianceWrobDined on 9/4/2014Great service, an extensive wine list and a varied menu to meet various tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobinDined on 9/3/2014What a wonderful way to celebrate my friend's 50th birthday. The meal and service was 5 star! The serving portions were actually on the large side. As a vegetarian, I often don't get a gourmet meal - what a wonderful surprise. I had difficulty deciding what to drink and asked the waiter to surprise me - he made an excellent martini choice! The whole meal was a taste bud extravaganza! I will definitely be returning for an excellent evening of fine dining. I have already been recommending it to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Talking About It The Day...!GrandePrairieFoodyDined on 8/30/2014During appetizers all my boyfriend I exchanged in conversation was "Mmmmmm!!!" And "Oh my god try this..." I don't know if words can actually justify how good the Seabass was; or how amazing the elk and veal were, knives were not needed at the table, everything just melted when you touched it. The service was exceptional, Shane was very knowledgable about the menu and joked around with us; he was just as much a highlight to our evening. The next morning in the car we found ourselves talking about the tortellini and smoked salmon in the car so booked our next visit.. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceMahargsEatOutDined on 8/30/2014As always, the service at Hardware Grill is outstanding. The staff/diner ratio and their attentiveness ensures a great dining experience. We never felt as though we needed to rush - plenty of time to actually enjoy our time! Cedar planked salmon and the gingerbread cake with mango ice cream - mmmmmmmm!!Special Features:
- good overall diningMarkieDined on 8/29/2014Wasn't over the moon but decent. Our Cesar salad was only mediocre and it took a long time to get our main course. The main was very good and our waiter was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodfoodie47474Dined on 8/29/2014Awesome atmosphere, great food, I had the sea bass which is delicious, my husband had the elk and short ribs. He had a steak there about a year ago that came with truffle fries which they took off menu... He said it's the best thing they had. He cannot find anything on the menu that is a suitable replacement but this meal was ok. We probably won't go back for a long time so he has the itch to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanielleDined on 8/28/2014Hardware Grill is consistently delicious. It is my favourite restaurant in Edmonton and has never disappointed.Special Features:
- Excellent food and services.SmilyDined on 8/28/2014We were celebrating my husband's 55th birthday and they do not allow outside food. We did not know, and was not allow to eat his cake there. It kind of starte the evening on the wrong food, but we still had a good time.Special Features:
- Another great dining experienceScottyDined on 8/27/2014It never fails...I always get an excpetional meal with exceptional service from a professional server. I also like to see what goes on in the kitchen. Full transparency of my food being cooked is a great bonus.Special Features:
- DeliciousSarahDined on 8/26/2014Restaurant was fairly quiet on a Tuesday evening. Food was vdelicious and with generous portions. I ordered the bacon wrapped scallops as appetizer, which just melt in my mouth. My main entree was duck and it was the best duck I've ever had. Pricing is a bit on the high end side, but it is a fine dining restaurant so it wasn't unexpected. I would definitely recommend Hardware Grill to friends and families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!Schulte11Dined on 8/25/2014Upon arriving, they found out it was my wife's birthday. They changed our table so we would have a view of the kitchen and get to watch all the food being prepared. My wife loved it! Our server was super nice, and very knowledgeable. It was also cool to watch the Owner of the restaurant, who is also the head chef, in the kitchen, putting plates together and being hands on.Special Features:
- Rude greeter out of sea bassJacquelineDined on 8/23/2014The man who greeted us , was very rude....we were ready to order sea bass, they were out! My veal chop was over cooked and tough. Not sure we will be back...used to love it here...Special Features:
- Have never been disappointedInFromLacLaBicheforATreatDined on 8/23/2014Over the last few years I've been to the Hardware Grill 10+ times and have never been disappointed. My visits have been for business with colleagues, with my spouse for an anniversary and with my spouse and then 7 year-old for a treat dinner out. Each time we have been treated extremely well, the food has never disappointed us and the ambiance has always been pleasant. The chef was kind enough to modify a plate for our daughter who declared it was the "best meal she's ever had". I have no concerns recommending The Hardware Grill to anyone who wants to have a superb dinner in Edmonton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.