32 East 21st. St.
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hardingsnyc.com/
- Phone: 2126002105x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday
11:30am - 3pm
Monday - Friday
12pm - 3pm
Monday - Saturday
6pm - 11pm
Monday - Friday
12pm - close
4:30 - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joel Zaragoza
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering & Take-out Available
- Special Events: For information regarding semi-private or private events in our lounge, upstairs mezzanine and private den, please contact email@example.com.
A word from Harding's
Located at 32 East 21st Street in Manhattan’s vibrant Flatiron District, Harding’s offers a selection of artisanal American cuisine and craft spirits in a chic and rustic setting. With an emphasis on fresh, local ingredients, Executive Chef Joel Zaragoza’s menu celebrates seasonal American fare. Harding’s also offers an extensive American beer and wine menu, as well as an array of classic cocktails created by the restaurant’s expert mixologists. Exposed brick walls, antique mirrors, vintage chandeliers, and an oversized, century-old American flag evoke an air of nostalgia in this two-level landmark building.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Harding's reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (21)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (18)special occasion (11)hot spot (11)great for brunch (10)romantic (10)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (7)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014excellent food and service. will have to try the drinks next time. its very pretty inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid as alwaysalivDined on 9/3/2014Dining at Harding's earlier this week was a delightful treat - as it always is. The food was delicious - we enjoyed menu items and a few delicious specials, including lobster mac 'n cheese, the service was charming and attentive, and the ambience was perfect for catching up with a friend as we get back into the swing of fall in the city. What fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was amazingBDOGULASSDined on 8/14/2014Never knew this place existed, but went there for restaurant week and had an amazing meal! Started with an amazing tomato soup, followed by the roasted chicken over cole slaw (with a delicious dijon mustard dressing over top) and finished it off with the apple crisp which was great, not to sweet. Definitely recommend this place for anyone looking for some great "new american" food.Special Features:
- Fun placeDodgersWillVIPDined on 8/13/2014Unusual decor. Solid menu. Attentive service. Very lively bar scene. I will return.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantEileenDined on 8/12/2014Had a great dinner with a friend. I've passed the restaurant several times while out during lunch noting it as a "must go" on my restaurant list. We both really enjoyed our food and the waiter was great. I will be goin back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bad chocolate flourless cake?jenksnycVIPDined on 8/12/2014Harding's is in my neighborhood so I was hoping I found a new local gem. First of all, fantastic service all around. Attentive, knowledgeable, friendly - from the waiter and manager. I ordered the tomato soup to start. Deliciously creamy but not too rich. As an entree, I ordered the pork tenderloin. The sides were fantastic - grits, spinach and tomatoes. When all eaten together, it was wonderful. But the pork alone was quite dry. I was extremely disappointed with dessert. It was supposed to be a flourless chocolate cake. Easy, right? It was a frozen puck that was almost impossible to cut into. I ate one bite. It saddened me that I ended my meal that way and it soured me on the place. I probably won't be back.
- Restaurant Week ExceptionjavasaurusDined on 8/5/2014I lower my expectations this time of year, and have taken that into account for this review. That said, the menu choices were adequate, but the time elapsed between first and second course was easily 20-30 minutes. I'm all for relaxed dining, but we had to work hard to not finish our wine before our food arrived. When it did arrive it was nice and hot and very tasty. Dessert was disappointing, and I have no idea what showed up in my coffee cup when I specifically asked for an espresso macchiato. It was some form of undrinkable cappaccino, which is sour way to end an otherwise decent meal. High ceilings make for a very noisy atmosphere, and our poor waiter was way over worked, and not really able to attend to us. But it's restaurant week.
- Sloppy bros at happy hour?SpaceJammyDavisJrDined on 7/30/2014The bar at happy hour was pretty loud, and people were kind of sloppy. I will say though, the food was delicious. And the waitstaff were very courteous and friendly. The main downside, was that the bar goers were a obnoxious and loud. Some guy kept bouncing around the bar bumping into the back of people's chairs that were seated at tables. It really disrupted the meal for people seated and made it seem like we were having an expensive dinner in the middle of a sports bar.Special Features:
- Excellent food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/26/2014This is the second time we have dined here. Once for brunch and once for dinner. We love it. The food is particulalry good, inventive preparation and well served. The service is friendly and professional. We live in the neighboorhood, so we plan to add this to our line-up of restaurants.Special Features:
- Lackadaisical serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014The food is great but the service is terrible. The waiter took our order and we never saw him again. I finally had to get the check from the maître d.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night with a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/10/2014Went to Harding's for a birthday dinner with 8 of us. Was nice that there was a good after dorm scene that was energetic and fun yet easy enough for us to talk and enjoy our food at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud to talkCCLLDined on 6/24/2014We came here for an early dinner for 6 people. The food was fine, the service friendly, but the noise level was absurd. The happy hour noise reverberates throughout the entire dining space, and after yelling in order to be heard across the table for two hours, we were too worn out to appreciate the otherwise lovely food. Alas.Special Features:
- Great vibe and fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/16/2014Hardings just keeps getting better!!! The atmosphere in the evening is great...I almost wished I was sitting at the bar or at the cool mixology class going on at a large table nearby!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedZachDined on 6/13/2014Have been wanting to come here for a while -- and was a little disappointed. My wife and I thought we'd be coming back here again and again since it looked great, had a good menu, and the drinks sounded great. The drinks were delicious, and the ambience (and service) were great, but my wife got the vegetarian dish and didn't love it (no ramps even though it was on the ingredient list) and my burger was pretty gristle-y (great flavors, but kept finding gristle). We would go back for sure for drinks -- but might have a spot picked after to eat.Special Features:
- Sexy and delicious!NYCFood23Dined on 6/12/2014This was my third visit to Hardings, and I continue to be impressed, both with the food and ambience. It is such a great looking restaurant with a glamourous but relaxed vibe, perfect for cocktails and dinner with friends or a real celebration. We started with a bubbly rose that was as good as it looked. The food is delicious, we had fig toast, the kale salad and the octopus, all really great. For dinner i had the shortribs which were tender and hearty just like shortribs should be. We shared some desserts, griddle cake and the apple crisp and were licking our plates (ok, well just me, cause after a few bubbly roses, I have no manners). I will definitely be back and see Hardings becoming a perfect staple to my restaurant roster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Weekend SpotLizzDined on 6/1/2014This is a charming place with a flavorful menu. Very reasonably priced and delicious. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okDunkabearDined on 5/30/2014Nothing outstandingly about this place. Competent and good place to come with parents. The atmosphere is very cool but them lights were really bright, even at 9pm on a Friday night. Dimming them would make a big difference in how the place feels. Fig toasts were good and the Branzini was very tasty and paired well with cannelloni beans. Everything else (grilled romaine salad and roasted chicken) was good. Would have liked more easily shareable appetizer options on the menu.Special Features:
- The following 178 reviews are from the Harding's reviews archive.
- Great NightChefDaveDined on 5/23/2014Had a great night at Hardings, Spencer one of the owners came over and welcomed us and we had such a great experience. The food and wine were excellent and portion sizes and pricing were a great value for the quality that we received. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014Randomly found this place when searching online, and very glad I did. The good, drinks, service, and everything else was amazing. Try the goat cheese and fig bread, and the fries are pretty good too. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/14/2014I used to love this place, they seriously had the best burger ever, almost as good as the spotted Pig, but when it comes over cooked, which it did it just was not as good. Also the salmon we ordered Rare came well cooked.... The chief was obviously not that busy as the restaurant was 1/2 empty so they should be reminded that we come there to eat amazing food cooked if asked how we want it prepared, meaning rare, or med rare should be that way......Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2014Really good food. Everyone raved about at least one thing and nothing disappointed. The place was busy for a Wednesday night; lots of energy, but still could hear others at the table talk. Just right!Special Features:
- Girls night dinnerAngMackDined on 4/29/2014I had dinner with a girlfriend I hadn't seen in several months. We had a great dinner. I'm vegetarian and enjoyed the wonderful beet salad and the tagliatelle pasta dish. Service was nice, could have been a little more attentive but our server was pleasant and knew the menu and wines. Sorbet was nice, interesting flavors - apple was delish,I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience...NancDined on 4/3/2014This is the perfect place for a light lunch with a business friend. The room has a great feel, music is at the right volume and the food is served in small portions... Great to have a quick business meeting and head back to the office.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food didn't match thepmccroskVIPDined on 4/1/2014the food didn't match the upscale decor. would not return
- Flatiron's GemOdessaVIPDined on 3/31/2014This restaurant has been around a little over a year and they are the best kept secret in flatiron. Food and service was excellent. The owner came over to the table to check on us and I recommend this place to anyone for work or pleasure.Special Features:
- Overall Pretty GoodKimmyGDined on 3/30/2014I like this place a lot for its service and the steak and eggs were delicious. It is not great on variety but if you like eggs this is definitely the place to come as they prepare them in a variety of ways.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but room for improvementAldrichDined on 3/30/2014The food varies, as does the service. In times when it was been crowded I received my food quickly, and at times when it is empty it has taken 30 minutes. Overall a reliable neighborhood spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Awesome BarJShapVIPDined on 3/20/2014The food was excellent. I had a filet mignon special that was absolutely delicious. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend this place and I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againKMCnycVIPDined on 3/6/2014I'm shocked that Harding's got decent reviews here. I went for a business lunch with colleagues - every single one of us was disappointed with our meals. Two couldn't come close to finishing our "house specialty" burgers (more like hockey pucks). Our dishes were never cleared from the table, and the food took forever to get to us in the first place. I will not be returning and would caution friends to avoid all together.
- Should've listened to the reviewsLaurenVIPDined on 3/5/2014We wanted to like this place, but everything was just mediocre at best from the service, to the drinks to the food. The place has a good vibe and the bar scene seems pretty cool but as for dinner we will not be going back.
- Great Brunch!Blue6678Dined on 3/2/2014Quiet, not too busy brunch spot on a Sunday afternoon. Food was good and the drinks were better. Really sweet wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't recommend Harding's enough!fatlittlehippoDined on 2/27/2014Fantastic atmosphere, delicious food and the service is impeccable. Great for birthdays or date-night and you can rent out areas for large groups or parties. Bartenders are fun and personable, not to mention wiz kids with mixing drinks!! I would go every day if it was possible :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so and overpricedIngerDined on 2/22/2014I will not be coming back here. Might return for drinks, but definitely not for the food, which was mediocre and overpriced. I had the quinoa salad with chicken (chicken was dry), my sister had the scrambled breakfast special (v boring), and my other sister had the burger, which was the only thing I would ever order again. We were the first ones in the restaurant for brunch and it was empty, but they waited to bring out the bread/muffin basket until our food arrived. I had a Bloody Mary, which was delicious but small. The restaurant is gorgeous, but there are plenty of other visually appealing restaurants that actually serve good food for a lot less money.
- Cool Ambience, Food Not so GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/31/2014Loud bustling place with plenty of space and great service, but the food was not great. Octopus in the octopus salad was rubbery and fishy. Risotto was chewy, buttery and milky--not creamy, slow cooked risotto. Host was very nice and offered to buy us drinks at the bar when we lingered at the table.Special Features:
- Great spot in Gramercy/FlatironInTheNeighborhoodVIPDined on 1/28/2014I've been to Harding's a few times. Always outstanding. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2014Nice ambience. In attentive service. Overcooked burgers. There are other much better options for brunch in NYC.
- Training Neededjeremy967VIPDined on 1/25/2014After walking by Harding's many times we finally had a chance to try it last night. Great looking restaurant and bar area, great music, cool semi-private table for larger groups lofted in the back. Nice all-American wine list at reasonable price-points. Unfortunately, that's where it ended. Hostess could not have been less hospitable or interested in any of the tables...she thought she was on display. Fine. Our server and bussers were enthusiastic enough but seemed to have only recently entered the restaurant business, struggling with wine service and to manage the courses. Food was interesting, but bland and not hot. "Management" was non-existent--just 3 guys walking around like a frat party, oblivious to service and food issues.Special Features:
- The food was great- minusOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/17/2014The food was great- minus the grains and barley! They did NOT add the truffle oil and the dish was bland and quite heavy.Special Features:
- Great Night Out With FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/10/2014I booked this place with a group of 8 girls for a Friday night out. Was jam packed with people so when we arrived I assumed they just shoved us in a table somewhere. Nope they gave us the private back room! I am happy they gave this to us because I had no idea it existed. Off to the side so the noise from the bar area just seemed at a good distance. Every dish we had was better than the next....out server was great about getting us whatever we needed, including adjusting the temperature of the room. The only complaint was that they seemed understaffed at the bar. Packed restaurant/bar and only 2 bartenders...I hope that isn't their norm. I will definitely be back and recommend this place to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome brunchLaur484Dined on 1/5/2014Came here with family from out of town for the first time, and was more than pleasantly surprised by the brunch menu, cocktails, and delicious food. My husband said it was the best steak and eggs he has had in the city (and he is picky!). The griddle cake is a must! Only complaint was the coffee was not hot enough, but when we told our waitress, she made sure the next round was plenty hot and rectified the situation. Great service, food, and vibe. Will definitely be coming here time and time again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.