32 East 21st. St.
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hardingsnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 600-2105
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday
11:30am - 3pm
Monday - Friday
12pm - 3pm
Monday - Wednesday 6pm - 10pm
Thursday - Saturday 6pm - 11pm
Monday - Friday
12pm - close
11:30 AM - close
11:30 AM - 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joel Zaragoza
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering & Take-out Available
- Special Events: For information regarding semi-private or private events in our lounge, upstairs mezzanine and private den, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word from Harding's
Located at 32 East 21st Street in Manhattan’s vibrant Flatiron District, Harding’s offers a selection of artisanal American cuisine and craft spirits in a chic and rustic setting. With an emphasis on fresh, local ingredients, Executive Chef Joel Zaragoza’s menu celebrates seasonal American fare. Harding’s also offers an extensive American beer and wine menu, as well as an array of classic cocktails created by the restaurant’s expert mixologists. Exposed brick walls, antique mirrors, vintage chandeliers, and an oversized, century-old American flag evoke an air of nostalgia in this two-level landmark building.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Harding's reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (26)vibrant bar scene (24)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (17)hot spot (13)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (10)special occasion (10)romantic (9)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- warm and friendly, great value and great quality..LericiDined on 11/23/2014The quality, selection, and portions of the brunch menu were fantastic. It was the first visit for us, I had always been attracted by the rustic appeal. It more than met our expectations. The Cobb salad was filled with all the right fresh ingredients and the bread basket was a truly special selection of breads and mini muffins. My husband had an omelette that was prepared perfectly and definitely a step above others he would have with brunch. Ambience perfect and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/22/2014The menu was great, the service was very good, high ceilings and a lot of open space made it feel ample and made it easy to speak at the table while there was still good energy in the place. The burger and fries were fantastic and cooked perfectly. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Awesome bar.InTheNeighborhoodVIPDined on 11/8/2014We live in the neighborhood and have been here a few times. Keeps getting better. The food is great. And the bar is awesome. Nolan, the bartender, is a great guy. Fun to chat with and a master mixologist. I highly recommend Harding's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for DinnerelowlDined on 11/5/2014After poring over Yelp for probably much too long, I settled on Harding's for a dinner with an old friend of mine. I work in Flatiron and she in Gramercy, so this was a really nice in-between spot for us. The ambiance was lovely, and the food was wonderful (I had the mushroom and spinach risotto). Good portion sizes on the dinner, wine and dessert (we split 3 scoops of ice cream), and our server was attentive but didn't hover over us, which I always appreciate. I would highly recommend it.
- festivetaddyDined on 10/30/2014good food, great service, fun spot. Definitely on the loud side.Special Features:
- Great Food. Friendy/Slow Service.thefeistyhouseDined on 10/30/2014I had the short rib sandwich at Harding's and my colleague had the BLT. Both meals were really, REALLY good. I'd highly recommend this place for a work lunch. Just make sure you have two hours to spare. Service is warm and friendly, but a bit slow. It's a great place to bring a colleague if you don't have any afternoon appointments after lunch.Special Features:
- Great findirishnewyorkerDined on 10/11/2014Dined here Saturday night and had a great time. All 8 of us were very pleased with our dining experience. Everyone enjoyed their meal and it was a great atmosphere. I would definitely return. The waiter was fun, very energetic and made us laugh. Service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new spotJTuckVIPDined on 10/10/2014Have been here twice now in two weeks. Great neighborhood spot with good music, great food and outstanding service. The music can be a little loud, so if you are looking for a quiet spot this place probably isn't for you but if you need a good date spot or a place to go with friends, this is it. Our waiter was amazing and so far the food has all been spot on. I really liked the scallop app and the salmon entree. Both delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014excellent food and service. will have to try the drinks next time. its very pretty inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and Beyond!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/18/2014My mom and I dined at Harding's a couple weeks ago and the staff was wonderful. I ordered a burger and asked for honey mustard. When our food was brought to us our waiter regrettably informed us that they did not have honey mustard. I said no worries, and began enjoying my meal. Five minutes later, the manager brought us honey mustard that he prepared himself. I was completely and pleasantly surprised! It was unnecessary but much appreciated! I'll be back!
- Splendid as alwaysalivDined on 9/3/2014Dining at Harding's earlier this week was a delightful treat - as it always is. The food was delicious - we enjoyed menu items and a few delicious specials, including lobster mac 'n cheese, the service was charming and attentive, and the ambience was perfect for catching up with a friend as we get back into the swing of fall in the city. What fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick dinner stopEatieVIPDined on 9/2/2014Tried this place to meet up with a friend for a quick hello and a bite to eat. We went on a slow night expecting to find a nice crowd at the bar but only a few tables and a few patrons at the bar which made the atmosphere very sterile. The food was good, not exceptional but nicely done for the price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was amazingBDOGULASSDined on 8/14/2014Never knew this place existed, but went there for restaurant week and had an amazing meal! Started with an amazing tomato soup, followed by the roasted chicken over cole slaw (with a delicious dijon mustard dressing over top) and finished it off with the apple crisp which was great, not to sweet. Definitely recommend this place for anyone looking for some great "new american" food.Special Features:
- Fun placeDodgersWillVIPDined on 8/13/2014Unusual decor. Solid menu. Attentive service. Very lively bar scene. I will return.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantEileenDined on 8/12/2014Had a great dinner with a friend. I've passed the restaurant several times while out during lunch noting it as a "must go" on my restaurant list. We both really enjoyed our food and the waiter was great. I will be goin back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bad chocolate flourless cake?jenksnycVIPDined on 8/12/2014Harding's is in my neighborhood so I was hoping I found a new local gem. First of all, fantastic service all around. Attentive, knowledgeable, friendly - from the waiter and manager. I ordered the tomato soup to start. Deliciously creamy but not too rich. As an entree, I ordered the pork tenderloin. The sides were fantastic - grits, spinach and tomatoes. When all eaten together, it was wonderful. But the pork alone was quite dry. I was extremely disappointed with dessert. It was supposed to be a flourless chocolate cake. Easy, right? It was a frozen puck that was almost impossible to cut into. I ate one bite. It saddened me that I ended my meal that way and it soured me on the place. I probably won't be back.
- Restaurant Week ExceptionjavasaurusDined on 8/5/2014I lower my expectations this time of year, and have taken that into account for this review. That said, the menu choices were adequate, but the time elapsed between first and second course was easily 20-30 minutes. I'm all for relaxed dining, but we had to work hard to not finish our wine before our food arrived. When it did arrive it was nice and hot and very tasty. Dessert was disappointing, and I have no idea what showed up in my coffee cup when I specifically asked for an espresso macchiato. It was some form of undrinkable cappaccino, which is sour way to end an otherwise decent meal. High ceilings make for a very noisy atmosphere, and our poor waiter was way over worked, and not really able to attend to us. But it's restaurant week.
- Sloppy bros at happy hour?SpaceJammyDavisJrDined on 7/30/2014The bar at happy hour was pretty loud, and people were kind of sloppy. I will say though, the food was delicious. And the waitstaff were very courteous and friendly. The main downside, was that the bar goers were a obnoxious and loud. Some guy kept bouncing around the bar bumping into the back of people's chairs that were seated at tables. It really disrupted the meal for people seated and made it seem like we were having an expensive dinner in the middle of a sports bar.Special Features:
- The following 188 reviews are from the Harding's reviews archive.
- Excellent food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/26/2014This is the second time we have dined here. Once for brunch and once for dinner. We love it. The food is particulalry good, inventive preparation and well served. The service is friendly and professional. We live in the neighboorhood, so we plan to add this to our line-up of restaurants.Special Features:
- Lackadaisical serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014The food is great but the service is terrible. The waiter took our order and we never saw him again. I finally had to get the check from the maître d.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night with a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/10/2014Went to Harding's for a birthday dinner with 8 of us. Was nice that there was a good after dorm scene that was energetic and fun yet easy enough for us to talk and enjoy our food at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud to talkCCLLDined on 6/24/2014We came here for an early dinner for 6 people. The food was fine, the service friendly, but the noise level was absurd. The happy hour noise reverberates throughout the entire dining space, and after yelling in order to be heard across the table for two hours, we were too worn out to appreciate the otherwise lovely food. Alas.Special Features:
- Great vibe and fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/16/2014Hardings just keeps getting better!!! The atmosphere in the evening is great...I almost wished I was sitting at the bar or at the cool mixology class going on at a large table nearby!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedZachDined on 6/13/2014Have been wanting to come here for a while -- and was a little disappointed. My wife and I thought we'd be coming back here again and again since it looked great, had a good menu, and the drinks sounded great. The drinks were delicious, and the ambience (and service) were great, but my wife got the vegetarian dish and didn't love it (no ramps even though it was on the ingredient list) and my burger was pretty gristle-y (great flavors, but kept finding gristle). We would go back for sure for drinks -- but might have a spot picked after to eat.Special Features:
- Sexy and delicious!NYCFood23Dined on 6/12/2014This was my third visit to Hardings, and I continue to be impressed, both with the food and ambience. It is such a great looking restaurant with a glamourous but relaxed vibe, perfect for cocktails and dinner with friends or a real celebration. We started with a bubbly rose that was as good as it looked. The food is delicious, we had fig toast, the kale salad and the octopus, all really great. For dinner i had the shortribs which were tender and hearty just like shortribs should be. We shared some desserts, griddle cake and the apple crisp and were licking our plates (ok, well just me, cause after a few bubbly roses, I have no manners). I will definitely be back and see Hardings becoming a perfect staple to my restaurant roster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Weekend SpotLizzDined on 6/1/2014This is a charming place with a flavorful menu. Very reasonably priced and delicious. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okDunkabearDined on 5/30/2014Nothing outstandingly about this place. Competent and good place to come with parents. The atmosphere is very cool but them lights were really bright, even at 9pm on a Friday night. Dimming them would make a big difference in how the place feels. Fig toasts were good and the Branzini was very tasty and paired well with cannelloni beans. Everything else (grilled romaine salad and roasted chicken) was good. Would have liked more easily shareable appetizer options on the menu.Special Features:
- Great NightChefDaveDined on 5/23/2014Had a great night at Hardings, Spencer one of the owners came over and welcomed us and we had such a great experience. The food and wine were excellent and portion sizes and pricing were a great value for the quality that we received. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014Randomly found this place when searching online, and very glad I did. The good, drinks, service, and everything else was amazing. Try the goat cheese and fig bread, and the fries are pretty good too. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/14/2014I used to love this place, they seriously had the best burger ever, almost as good as the spotted Pig, but when it comes over cooked, which it did it just was not as good. Also the salmon we ordered Rare came well cooked.... The chief was obviously not that busy as the restaurant was 1/2 empty so they should be reminded that we come there to eat amazing food cooked if asked how we want it prepared, meaning rare, or med rare should be that way......Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2014Really good food. Everyone raved about at least one thing and nothing disappointed. The place was busy for a Wednesday night; lots of energy, but still could hear others at the table talk. Just right!Special Features:
- Girls night dinnerAngMackDined on 4/29/2014I had dinner with a girlfriend I hadn't seen in several months. We had a great dinner. I'm vegetarian and enjoyed the wonderful beet salad and the tagliatelle pasta dish. Service was nice, could have been a little more attentive but our server was pleasant and knew the menu and wines. Sorbet was nice, interesting flavors - apple was delish,I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience...NancVIPDined on 4/3/2014This is the perfect place for a light lunch with a business friend. The room has a great feel, music is at the right volume and the food is served in small portions... Great to have a quick business meeting and head back to the office.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food didn't match thepmccroskVIPDined on 4/1/2014the food didn't match the upscale decor. would not return
- Flatiron's GemOdessaVIPDined on 3/31/2014This restaurant has been around a little over a year and they are the best kept secret in flatiron. Food and service was excellent. The owner came over to the table to check on us and I recommend this place to anyone for work or pleasure.Special Features:
- Overall Pretty GoodKimmyGDined on 3/30/2014I like this place a lot for its service and the steak and eggs were delicious. It is not great on variety but if you like eggs this is definitely the place to come as they prepare them in a variety of ways.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but room for improvementAldrichDined on 3/30/2014The food varies, as does the service. In times when it was been crowded I received my food quickly, and at times when it is empty it has taken 30 minutes. Overall a reliable neighborhood spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Awesome BarJShapVIPDined on 3/20/2014The food was excellent. I had a filet mignon special that was absolutely delicious. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend this place and I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againKMCnycVIPDined on 3/6/2014I'm shocked that Harding's got decent reviews here. I went for a business lunch with colleagues - every single one of us was disappointed with our meals. Two couldn't come close to finishing our "house specialty" burgers (more like hockey pucks). Our dishes were never cleared from the table, and the food took forever to get to us in the first place. I will not be returning and would caution friends to avoid all together.
- Should've listened to the reviewsLaurenVIPDined on 3/5/2014We wanted to like this place, but everything was just mediocre at best from the service, to the drinks to the food. The place has a good vibe and the bar scene seems pretty cool but as for dinner we will not be going back.