5025 Harding Road
Nashville, TN 37205Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hardinghousebellemeade.com/
- Phone: 6153560096
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday, Wednesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Tabor Luckey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Kasey Hills 6155165877
A word from Harding House
Elegantly nestled in the heart of Belle Meade, Harding House is quaint location for a classic southern brunch or lunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
Harding House - Best Restaurants in Belle Meade ›
Harding House reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (24)great for brunch (19)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (13)special occasion (11)kid-friendly (10)fit for foodies (9)scenic view (5)romantic (4)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Hidden Treasure= Yummy BrunchmusiccityDined on 9/27/2014I love taking out-of-town guests here. Each time, the food is delicious and the menu is filled with different things not seen everywhere. It is great to be able to make brunch reservations. I think that Nashville residents don't think of going to Belle Meade Plantation to eat as it is a tourist spot. But you should go! Our guests from Florida loved their Southern Eggs Benedict which had cornbread topped with pulled pork, blueberry barbecue sauce and topped with the traditional egg. We enjoyed skillets with bacon and home fries. Plenty of hot coffee- and there are mimosa's if you wish. It is free to stroll the beautiful grounds after brunch and we visited with the 1812 War re-enactors. It's a great neighborhood treasure to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Tasty!ColoradoDined on 9/21/2014There were 4 of us & we all thoroughly enjoyed our experience: delicious food (I had a fabulous Belgian waffle & tasty bacon), the best Bloody Mary we've ever had (we ordered the 'Half & Half' one made with cucumber infused vodka), & a happy, cordial staff...all at a reasonable price! Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- fun timesunshineDined on 9/17/2014Took family and two food newspaper critics to lunch. First we had fried green tomatoes. They were a real hit, full of flavor, delicious. We all ordered something different, tasted each others and loved it all. Our server was wonderful. Even got one of us a taste of the soup to help make her decision. Thank you Harding House for a lovely lunch. Will absolutely be back.Special Features:
- Not at all SpeciallovedessertDined on 8/27/2014We were disappointed since we expected something special. The food was okay but you would get the same at any average restaurant. We went at noon and there were diners at only 2 other tables. They charge an extra $2 to share a plate as well as a dessert. Now I understand the extra charge to share a plate but many diners will share a dessert after a meal and I find a $2 charge to share a dessert offensive as well as short sighted by the restaurant since like my party people will just not order a dessert.
- Average at bestJPNashvilleVIPDined on 8/24/2014Nothing awful or to be ashamed of...but this place is just average on its best day. Why does every restaurant in Nashville get a 4 star rating on Open Table? Hint...they don't all deserve it.
- texasbelletexasbelleDined on 8/23/2014Great place to grab brunch or lunch while touring the Belle Meade Plantation. Sandwiches are not your average sandwich. Unusual breads and cheeses used. Don't forget to try their baby biscuits homemade jelly. Make reservations and you won't have to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantStrayhornVIPDined on 8/10/2014Nice place for brunch. The food is not fantastic, but it's reasonably good. We had to wait even though there were open tables. They ran out of preserves because the kitchen burned them. The waiver was very helpful. So, this place is not flawless at all, but it's pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Brunch!PeterSNYDined on 8/3/2014What a fantastic brunch we had today! Innovative menu, expertly prepared! Not to be missed!Special Features:
- Part of a Nice ExperienceNASHVILLENATIVEFOODIEDined on 7/29/2014The restaurant is located at Belle Meade Plantation and it is a very enjoyable experience to have lunch there before or after touring the plantation. The variety of food is good and resonably priced, and the service was excellent. Makes for an overall nice adventure in the history of Tennessee and Nashville.Special Features:
- Excellent choice!!TrixieDined on 7/24/2014Visiting from California on business and decided to take a tour the mansion. Chose this spot for lunch because it was close but it turned out to be an excellent place to eat. The service was great the staff was very friendly and the other local patrons were helpful as to what was good on the menu. Really enjoyed my lunch there. One of the costumed docents was happy to take a picture with. I finally got my fried green tomatoes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SevenDined on 7/12/2014The food was marginal, I had the Cobb salad, it had a scant amount of greens on the plate and the pulled chicken was rather tasteless. My guest's turkey sandwich was bland. However the fried green tomatoes were delicious.Special Features:
- Tasty LunchCodonDined on 7/1/2014Do yourself a favor and plan a lunch at The Harding House after a tour of Belle Meade Plantation. Both are worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Averagefoodie52Dined on 6/21/2014The atmosphere was quite nice, but I would only rate the food as average at best. The fried green tomatoes were not very good, which is a big no-no in the south. They were bland and the texture was off. The biscuits were good. The turkey and brie sandwich was average.I found it to be disappointing and would not go back.Special Features:
- Harding House is GreatEatMoreVeggiesVIPDined on 6/6/2014Consistently delicious food served by caring and experienced staff. Quiet and a lovely setting.Special Features:
- The following 91 reviews are from the Harding House reviews archive.
- fantastic afternoonL02118VIPDined on 5/26/2014In Nashville with friends and we decided to go to the Belle Meade Plantation. We were really happy that they had a restaurant on site. We were very, very impressed with the quality of food, drinks and service. If you're visiting the Plantation, save time for a meal at the restaurant. You'll be glad you did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost thereBonoz76Dined on 5/23/2014Nice venue for a quick bite to eat and 3 out of 4 meals were good. Pulled chicken was very good but chicken salad sandwich was bland and iced tea was watered down, like it had been sitting on ice for awhile. However, service was good and a nice end to our tour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- typically a great place butmae1Dined on 5/18/2014typically a great place but this day they were off their game. Long wait even with reservation
- Very accommodatingNashvillegirlDined on 5/11/2014I took a party of seven here for Mother's day and the service and food were excellent. We had a later reservation (2:15) and by then the crowd was beginning to thin. The food was great, and our server was tremendous.Special Features:
- Harding HousechataboutthatVIPDined on 5/11/2014Harding House is consistent. It's not going to set the world on fire, but it's good food at a good price and the service is good.Special Features:
- Very 1st poor experienceSunshineSallieDined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day, treating 85 yr old frail mother. Very back, small table. Abundance of squealing children. Seated over a cold A/C vent and Eggs Benedicts served before our Bloody Marys. Very polite servers and parking guide. I'll be back but it was just not a happy experience this time.Special Features:
- Mothers day weekend brunchBritdineVIPDined on 5/10/2014We had brunch here, made an early reservation thinking it would be really busy for the mother’s day weekend but, we were the only ones there! So, was a little concerned what it was going to be like. The service and food turnout to be really good, the scratch biscuits were awesome, by the time we left the place started to fill-up. Also a great location at the plantation beautiful place to walk around afterwards to work of some of that food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special ;-(yummumDined on 5/1/2014I was so looking forward to enjoying a special lunch while visiting Belle Meade. Should have read the fine print or at least the menu as there was nothing special about this lunch. Somehow, I had gotten the impression that either the food and/or the atmosphere would reflect Belle Meade. The food was good but not great and nothing really special except for the chip dip and crackers, both of which I believe were made on site. On the negative side, the hostess greeted me with "Just you? Why would you make a reservation for yourself?" My being alone doesn't bother me at all but every hostess should have a little more savvy.
- out of town visitgr8timeDined on 4/26/2014great restaurant to enjoy after taking the tour of the plantationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Be BackTennesseeComfortDined on 4/23/2014Brought my daughter here for a birthday lunch and we were not disappointed! The atmosphere was very light & open.....a consistent flow of diners, but not overcrowded at all. The food was amazing! We started with the House Made Chips served with a Chive Crème Fraiche. I then had the delicious Blackberry Barbecue Chicken on Cornbread....a palate pleasing mixture of sweet, spicy & tangy. Not a heavy taste on any of the three. Finished off the lunch with a great house-made Bread Pudding. The service was excellent with an attentive waiter, but not once did we feel rushed or hurried. Definitely recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Beautiful Setting!swanneeDined on 4/20/2014We were there for Easter Brunch with the entire family (6 of us). It was a beautiful morning and were able to sit outside. Between the 6 of us we had a variety of different breakfasts (omelets, skillets, Salmon Benedict) and all were delicious. The Three Pepper Bloody Mary was the perfect addition to a great meal. If you are looking for good food & service in a beautiful setting (Belle Meade Plantation), you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Belle Meade RestaurantDebbyDined on 4/5/2014The food was very, very good. Overall great time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this place!BigFanDined on 4/5/2014We chose the Harding house for brunch after out son's baptism and couldn't be happier. The service was great and so was the food. The interior was nice and grounds were perfect for pictures.Special Features:
- Bachelorette lunchtravelerDined on 4/4/2014We were in town for a bachelorette weekend. This was one of the highlights on our trip. The food was great. The sweet potato soup was excellent. Very quaint atmosphere and easy to make reservations and we did not have to wait for a table. I would recommend using this sight for future reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we ordered wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/3/2014Everything we ordered was first rate and the service was excellent. Some of us had dined before so it was no surprise that the food had that special touch!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday brunch for twoTonyBDined on 3/29/2014My wife and I went to the Harding House for breakfast at 10AM on a Saturday, followed by a tour of the Belmeade Plantation. The atmosphere was quiet and intimate, despite the fact that the gift shop is right downstairs. More people came in as the morning progressed. The service was top notch, and the food was great. It was a rainy day, so I don't know whether it might be busier or louder when more people are touring the plantation. We really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Great way to start off a SaturdayglutenfreegalDined on 3/22/2014Great way to start off a Saturday before the tour of the plantation! The staff was friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceHungryHippoDined on 3/14/2014Had lunch at the Harding House for the first time. Everyone agreed that the food was very good. Our waiter was polite and knowledgeable about the menu. We will definitely return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Bad, But Could Be BettervinceDined on 3/2/2014This was a spur of the moment lunch after church meal. The location of the restaurant couldn't be better at the Belle Meade Mansion. The food was very good and not too expensive, a great value. The ambiance inside the restaurant was stark. There were no decorations. Almost felt like a cafeteria. The servers were very nice, but the hostess was wearing army boots, which just didn't fit with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealPrimofoodVIPDined on 2/28/2014Brought out of town company and everyone had a grand time with wonderful food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Great service, food, wonderful experience. Will definitely dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014Best waiter ever.....even came outside after our meal to take a family picture for us! Food was wonderful...served hot and in a timely manner. Not rushed not waiting. Great mimosas! We will be back often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Belle Meade ValentineBellemeadeloverDined on 2/14/2014This was my second dining experience with the Harding house. My spouse's first. The service was excellent and the food was very tasty. We only had sweet tea to drink but it was just right and our glass was kept full by a most attentive server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, very goodDenaleighDined on 1/25/2014The food was very good. I had the fried green tomatoes, and a spinach salad. The fried green tomatoes were excellent, and the salad was pretty good. It would be nice if the restaurant stayed open later. We wanted to com back after the tour of the plantation, and the wine tasting for some more wine, and dessert.Special Features:
- ExcellentSpencerSpateDined on 1/5/2014This was a recommendation from a friend for brunch. Service was wonderful; the food was even better. Everything was fresh and well prepared would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asparagus soup was deliciousLive2eatDined on 12/30/2013Asparagus soup was delicious with nice presentation. The peach cobbler was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.