harbourstone sea grill & pour house - Halifax Marriott Harbourfront
1919 Upper Water Street
Halifax, NS B3J 3J5Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$30 and under
harbourstone sea grill & pour house - Halifax Marriott Harbourfront
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.harbourstonerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (902) 428-7852
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30 am - 11:30 am; Saturday - Sunday: 7:00 am - 11:30 am
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 am - 5:00 pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Lounge open until 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Trevor Simms
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Cross Street: Barrington
- Public Transit: Harbourstone is located within a few minutes walk from the public bus transportation system and several bus terminals it is also conveniently a short 5 minute walk to the downtown ferry terminal.
Ferry .25 mile(s)
Barrington Bus Terminal .25 mile(s)
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is conveniently available at the hotel underground parkade which is located on the hotel's lower level.
On-site parking, fee: 19.95 CAD daily
Valet parking, fee: 25 CAD daily
Off-site parking, fee: 3.5 CAD hourly
Limited oversize vehicle parking available (Valet Only). Off site available.
A word from harbourstone sea grill & pour house - Halifax Marriott Harbourfront
Welcome to harbourstone sea grill and pour house. Join us in a truly inviting social atmosphere while savoring the locally inspired cuisine. Executive Chef Trevor Simms features a menu that speaks to his dedication for fresh local products, sustainability and a commitment to the community. Harbourstone brings together local artisans and culinarians to provide coastal cuisine featuring fresh dayboat seafood, local inspired dishes, refreshing salads and light sandwiches which are truly delicious. Harbourstone also features classic inspired Bar Arts cocktails, showcasing local favourites and creative cocktails using fresh juices and premium beverages. From the Apricots Between the Sheets to the Last Word they all are made with the same commitment to quality and creativity.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
harbourstone sea grill & pour house - Halifax Marriott Harbourfront - Best Restaurants in Halifax ›
harbourstone sea grill & pour house - Halifax Marriott Harbourfront reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (5)good for groups (5)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (3)romantic (2)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- ajohn741VIPDined on 11/14/2014Fun, hip place. Lots of different seating types so you can pick what you like. Great staff to greet you and the greatnes continues through to the bar staff and the servers! Congrats to the kitchen team and Chef for putting together fantastic menus.Special Features:
- One word..... DeliciousFerreiraDined on 10/31/2014Food was yum.... Service was great.... A very comfortable dining experience..... Presentation od food was very niceSpecial Features:
- Great find!ErickstonesDined on 8/29/2014Although this is in the middle of a big hotel, they have done a great job at creating a fab dining and drinking spot!Special Features:
- Great for Lunch!eddieDined on 8/15/2014We had lunch here a couple of days ago. I had the Grouper sandwich- YUM! It's a difficult to find fish and one of my favourites. At Harbourstone they serve it in grilled pita with a Greek twist- diced tomato, cucumber, feta and a lemon oregano dressing. My friend ordered the Cauliflower Steak which may sound a bit different. It too was fantastic. A thick slice from a whole cauliflower that is seasoned and grilled and served over creamy curried chickpeas, with basmati rice. I could have devoured just a bowl of the curried chickpeas, they were so good! The service was attentive although more info on the menu items would have been helpful. Everything came out of the kitchen fast which is appreciated when you only have an hour for lunch.
- Always welcoming!ajohn741VIPDined on 8/11/2014Harbourstone Sea Grill and Pour House is an amazing restaurant! Everyone is always welcoming. The staff working there are always smiling and everyone goes out of their way to help. Of course...the food is oustanding! Great for all ages! :)Special Features:
- The following 38 reviews are from the harbourstone sea grill & pour house - Halifax Marriott Harbourfront reviews archive.
- Very very goodTreatsnEatsDined on 6/15/2014Great atmosphere and décor. Great service...attentive, quick and polite. The food was fantastic. Have been there for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Always a great experience. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- ExcellentRogdodgeDined on 6/6/2014Always a little concerned about in house restaurants in major brand hotels but the food here was terrific! And the service really helpful and friendly but not overbearing. Flatbreads, salads with scallops and Caesars salad all excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peeweeDined on 6/2/2014All was good with our breakfast, certainly book again.Special Features:
- peeweeDined on 5/29/2014I had a wonderful dining experience and I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BreakfastpeeweeDined on 5/22/2014My group and I had a great breakfast, good was good and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014My husband's dinner (Halibut) was dry and overcooked. We were given a package as a wedding gift for a night's stay including the 3 course meal each. We were very disappointed in the meal itself.
- excellent luncheddieDined on 4/24/2014This is a great open space with lots of booths and different seating niches including high top tables. I had the 'Dayboat' feature which was a whole sea bass, perfectly cooked and simply seasoned with salt and pepper and a grilled lemon. My companion had the halibut tacos to start- he wished he'd ordered a double portion! Then he had the filet of beef with chimichurri. The sauce really brightened a very tender but slightly underseasoned steak. Friendly and attentive service. I'd definitiely go back.
- Good Place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014I had a dinner with a friend of mine food was great restaurant and hotel seems not bussy at all.Great combination of food even though the menu was small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loving the Lentil BurgerLisaDined on 4/8/2014I am not strictly vegan or vegetarian but I do eat a number of meatless meals a week. At home, I make a mean chickpea burger so when I read the menu and saw the lentil burger, I was curious. I am often a bit timid to order such foods in restaurants, as the meatless options are often bland. This "burger" was incredible! The spicy tahini really kicked it up a notch and the "burger" itself was thick and satisfying. I would order this meal again and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a meatless option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Captive hotel audienceKennethDined on 3/25/2014Limited menu selection typical of lower volume captive hotel restaurants. Full clams shells in the chowder was hard to consume.with etiquette. Open concept makes for noisy dining. Staff was courteous and responsive. Gluten free option was appreciated.
- We'll be coming back for sure!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014From the time you see the restaurant coming down the stairs until the time you leave it is like being on vacation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wow Brunch with my Gal PalzCathyDined on 3/2/2014We all arrived a couple of minutes after our reservation and the hostess knew who we were right away. She showed us to our set table and then our server came directly over to greet us and continued to be very attentive providing us with exceptional service. We were all wowed by the food selections at the buffet brunch and Joyce at the omelet bar took very good care of us! We enjoyed every moment and mouthful and will definitely be back. I have already spread the word how we were all wowed and cannot wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have never been there before,LindaDined on 2/7/2014I have never been there before, but would definitely return. The food was great, the people extremely helpful and friendly. The place was clean, and very quiet (except when our group got a little loud!). I saw all types of people there - couples, groups of friends, mother and baby - it was just a great overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!peeweeDined on 1/24/2014We have a very enjoyable dining experience on Friday night and we would recommend this restaurant to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience!!DontGetOutMuchDined on 12/30/2013We took the in-laws to dinner during their recent visit. The Harbourstone was excellent!! The food was great and they were quick to accommodate the allergies at the table. The service was fantastic and the prices were good. We will go back. Good spot for dinner prior to a visit to the casino too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Xmas eve findmexicowilkieDined on 12/24/2013We were very pleasantly surprised by the level of food quality. Two outstanding appetizers, dry ribs and the nachos, were a real surprise. I had he steak frites and, with the exception of being a little heavy on the salt, this was excellent. My daughter and son in law really enjoyed the back ribs and my other daughter and her husband had equally delightful chowder. Our experience was completed by the service and attention provided by our server and the maitre d'. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- modern ambiance and good foodthetravelerDined on 11/15/2013Generally the food was good and the ambiance and service were excellent. Had the med. dip which we found was on the bland side, but otherwise all was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We made reservations on-line,tapperDined on 10/25/2013We made reservations on-line, prior to seeing the restaurant. When we walked by the restaurant the night before our planned lunch, we were not sure if we would like the location in a busy hotel. However, once seated we felt as if we were separate from the busy hotel. The food and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday afternoon..birthdaygurlDined on 10/5/2013really enjoyed our afternoon at harbourstone Sea Grill... a couple of girls had never been, and said that they will def. return .. for business and/or pleasure food - was great, we ordered appies and the presentation was amazing along w. the portions and taste service was amazing - Elizabeth was very friendly, attentive and informative about the menu ambience - quiet afternoon .. and very comfy .. love the bench w. pillows THANKS for a great b'day experience .. enjoyed by allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was great!peeweeDined on 9/5/2013Everything was very good, the service, the food, everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will return many timesHalifaxboyDined on 8/31/2013This restaurant was recommended by a friend who knows I tend to frequent a very select number of restaurants and decided to follow his advice. The overall experience was great and memorable. The servers were top notch and my impression was that they really enjoyed working at this restaurant and I could not have expected better service. All four of us loved the food as well and I will return many times I hope.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had another great experiencebestdishesDined on 8/27/2013I had another great experience at the harbourstone restaurant at the Halifax Marriott Harbourfront. The food was delicious - fresh and bountiful. Each item was presented so nicely as well. The desserts were really good, especially the brownie! Our server, Sattina was very pleasant and was knowledgeable about the menu. She was able to provide us with great suggestions and options.Special Features:
- Fantastic luncheddieDined on 8/19/2013I had lunch with a business colleague at harbourstone and the food was excellent. So reasonably priced-not what one expects from a hotel restaurant. The Seafood Tower is the steal of the year at $16 with shrimp, scallops, fresh oysters, lobster and whatever the fish of the day is. Awesome deal. I had the Cioppino which was perfectly cooked. It was so simple with seafood 'just' cooked and a delicious broth- a high recommend. My colleague had the Lobster roll which was stuffed with large chunks of fresh lobster. Needless to say we were stuffed! Unfortunately no room for dessert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Lunch MenubestdishesDined on 7/17/2013I often eat at the Harbourstone and was happy to see a new menu. I was happy to see some new menu items but even happier to see that the Chef kept the more popular ones like the fish 'n' chips and the lobster roll. I tried the lamb burger with the garden salad. The burger was smoothered with dragon's breath blue. Very sharp and tasty. I cannot comment on the roll / bun as I ordered my meal without that. My friends had the fish'n'chips and the pasta and both said they were fantastic.Special Features:
- Great service, varied menu,LynnDined on 7/8/2013Great service, varied menu, excellent food quality and beautiful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchJordonDined on 7/3/2013THE BEST haddock ever. Had Fish & Chips but subbed the chips with a salad. Tempura battered... just perfectly cooked. Had lots of awesome items to choose from but just felt like fish&salad. Going back to try some of the other items like those Lamb Sliders. Fast service. Very cool atmosphere. Thought I was in mainstream New York without the high prices!!! How do you guys afford to stay open with prices so good?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chowder Hounds DelightLobsterRollDined on 7/2/2013Stopped in for lunch on my way back to the office as the room seemed to be buzzing. Great menu selection and after changing my mind twice went with the Seafood Chowder and a Kale Salad. It was a FANTASTIC choice! Chowder was rich with big chunks of meat and the salad combined with a fish cake was fabulous. Happy to have this new addition to my local area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a busy lunch spot.eddieDined on 6/28/2013This is a busy lunch spot. The place was packed on Friday. We had pork sliders and the special which was a kind of surf and turf of steelhead trout with lamb chops. Everything was excellent. Generous portions and attentive service. The bartender created a special mocktail for us too with fresh juice- summer in a glass!
- Impressed!LobsterRollDined on 6/26/2013Came in for lunch and the only challenge was trying to pick only one item off a GREAT menu - so nice to have this new option near workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new restaurant!travel123Dined on 6/13/2013I recently had my first visit to harbourstone restaurant and it did not disappoint! It was very busy but the staff were attentive and we didn't have a long wait for our lunch to be served. I had the lobster roll which was loaded with delicious lobster while my friend had the chicken digits. Very clever on the presentation! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 'dayboat' luncheddieDined on 6/13/2013We had the Faroe Island Salmon that was the 'dayboat' special. WOW! I have never had salmon that good. It was seared till the skin was crisp and finished with lemon zest, salt and pepper. Super simple so the quality of the fish shone through. It absolutely melted in your mouth. I am from the west coast of Canada and have had my share of salmon but this was the best I think I've ever eaten. The cold water of the Faroe Islands (off the coast of Denmark I think) must make for such a rich unctious fish and the simple preparation was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loving The New Kid In TownLobsterRollDined on 6/11/2013Food and Service were outstanding - Price was in line with this style of Restaurant in the city - Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was excellent.likestoeatDined on 6/7/2013Everything was excellent. Food service! Will be back!Special Features:
- Enjoyed my dining experiencepeeweeDined on 5/31/2013I booked this reservation on behalf of my client and spoke with him later that evening. He thoroughly enjoyed his dining experience. Thanks. Lea. ValiantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is normally great,LoriDined on 5/29/2013The food is normally great, my burger was burnt unfortunately. As well, the super high chairs are not conducive to short people and are difficult to push in and out - not sure if it's the table combined with the chairs but I will ask not to be seated there again. Otherwise, the servers were fantastic and the ambiance is cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.