Harbour Town Grill
11 Lighthouse Lane
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Harbour Town Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seapines.com/dining/the-harbour-town-grill.aspx
- Phone: 8433638380x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Ramey
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch
A word from Harbour Town Grill
Join us for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Sunday Brunch at the Harbour Town Clubhouse. Our dinner menu features char-grilled ribeyes, filets, sirloins steaks, and fresh seafood specialties. The Harbour Town Grill overlooks the famous 9th hole of Harbour Town Golf Links and features and extensive wine and bar menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Harbour Town Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great MealLisaLDined on 4/15/2014Dined here during the RBC Heritage tournament week and had a fabulous meal and our server, Justin, was great too. Great 'golf course' view and ambience. Looking forward to seeing it after they rebuild it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HTGTom2Dined on 4/10/2014Enjoyed this place. Going to tear it down and rebuild. Hope you don't lose your appeal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spottunesDined on 4/2/2014We went to it by accident the first time as we were looking for another restaurant and the gps couldn't find it, food was great and service was great. We ended up going back later in the weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food tasted great (smallFirsttimerDined on 3/29/2014The food tasted great (small portions for the price) and the food presentation was fantastic; the staff did an excellent job waiting on our group of six. I look forward to my next visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing scenery and great food!mgosmanDined on 3/20/2014We really enjoyed our experience at Harbour Town. The service was top notch and the view from both inside and on the patio was a perfect setting for an enjoyable meal. A must do for anyone visiting the area for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/Fabulous ViewSuperbVIPDined on 3/7/2014What a great find ! The view of the Marina & Bay at Harbour Town is the best! We were there at sunset. My husband had redfish - very very good; I had fried oyster and great cesaer salad. We shared crab soup - excellent. The wine choices were also good. Will return on next vaca in HH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialSuperbVIPDined on 3/6/2014We took advantage of the Price Fixe dinner. I had the salmon, steak was the other. Both very good along with the service and view. Will return again on our next trip.Special Features:
- Winter Menu Great ValueClaraandJimVIPDined on 2/3/2014My husband and I took advantage of a great deal. There's a winter fixe priix menu that' includes 2 courses for $21 or 3 courses for $25. With 2 of these dinners, you get a free bottle of Robert Mondavi Special Reserve wine, your choice from 3 red and 3 white wines. The options of appetizers, main course and desserts are excellent as is the view if you get there before dark. The servers are very attentive and friendly.
- What a treat!mizeggDined on 1/5/2014My husband and I took advantage of the Pre-fixe selections for our dinner and were pleased with the choices available. Meal was exceptional and presentation was wonderful. Hope to get back before our trip is over to try some of the other offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Questionable 'Special' menuOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/28/2013Saw in a local restaurant magazine that they offered a pre-fixe dinner special along with a wine special. Great, we had eaten here for breakfast and the food was good so we decided to give it a try. We were given a regular priced menu with no mention of any specials. We inquired and the waiter wanted to know where we had heard of the special. Apparently it's only offered if you ask for it and then reluctantly. I had seen the pre-fixe dinner menu on Open Table so I'm not sure why this isn't just offered along with the regular menu. The end result was it made us feel uncomfortable and not welcome since we had chosen 'discounted' food even though only one of the four diners chose this option.
- Our Christmas TraditionRoyWDined on 12/25/2013We discovered this place several years ago where we had Christmas dinner. We decided to make it a tradition when we spend. Christmas in Hilton Head (Sea Pines). Everything about the place is perfect. We were a little disappointed to hear that the place is going to be torn down. Although another place is being built to replace it. It just won't be the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our third year toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2013This is our third year to enjoy Christmas Day at Harbor Town Grill! We enjoy everything about being there. It was a lovely meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch meal at Harbor Town GrillDSSNCDined on 12/21/2013My wife and I took my mother out for all of our first trips to the Harbor Town Grill. Boy were we impressed! The food was exceptionally tasty and beautifully presented. And the service exceeded our expectations. We will definitely be returning whenever we are in the mood for a delicious steak.Special Features:
- Harbour Town ExtravagancehobbesDined on 12/21/2013I visited Harbour Town Grill on Saturday, December 21, 2013. Logan was our server and he never rushed us through dinner and checked on us often. I had the Pancetta Salmon, sauteed spinach and Fritas. The Salmon was cooked perfectly, the spinach juicy and the Fritas excellent. The atmosphere is cozy and the staff inviting. The Christmas decorations beautiful. I will diffently go back again and ask for Logan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseDrJohnVIPDined on 12/11/2013I took my wife here for dinner on her birthday, largely because we were staying in Sea Pines where relatively few restaurants were open during the December off-season. We were very pleasantly surprised by the food, wine, and service. We viesed the Harbour Town Grill as only a post-golf dinner spot, but it provided much more. The entrees were of very high quality, the wine choice excellent, and service attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Golf Views, Friendly, Great FoodriteditDined on 10/25/2013Overlooking the famous Sea Pines links, this restaurant is an ideal place for a dependable, excellent meal -- whether breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. It is always on my list when in Hilton Head (Sea Pines area).Special Features:
- We always dine at the HarbourtownEllieDined on 10/9/2013We always dine at the Harbourtown Grille when at Sea Pines. The dinner meal was good this time but not great. We also had breakfast which was outstanding. Service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hilton Head visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2013Always love ending our HHI stay with dinner at Harbour Town Grill. Food is reasonably priced and very good quality. Scrimp Cocktail was excellent. Would have liked more scrimp as was so good. Also filet was so tender could cut it with my fork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, other noisy dinersNellyVIPDined on 8/4/201315 minute wait for the table to be ready despite booking ahead. Noisy guests on adjacent table spoilt the ambiance. However excellent food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food - great settingTDMMDined on 7/20/2013The grill room is nothing special except it is part of a famous golf course! There are paintings around the grill room and lobby that are great for the avid golfer. The food was very good and well prepared. The staff is extremely friendly and inviting. We had an excellent meal and a memorable evening.Special Features:
- UnimpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/10/2013This is a great place to grab a drink after a round of golf. This place is not ideal for a special occasion. I took my wife for our anniversary and I was able to sneak away for a minute to ask for 2 glasses of champagne with our dessert. I should have planned better. Anyways our champagne came out with our main courses. I thought this was really poor planning concerning I was paying $40+ per entree. All I wanted was a surprise glass of champagne for my (super low maintenance) wife with dessert on our anniversary. They lost points on this. That being said, the steak was decent, the crab cakes were great, the arriabiata sauce on my wife's pasta was terrible. All in all I'd grab a drink here post- golf, but not dinner ever again...Special Features:
- Gluten-free offerings. Great meal.glutenhaterDined on 7/10/2013We come to Hilton Head every year and our family of 6 always looks forward to eating here. This past year we learned that our son has celiac disease and we were worried that this place might not be gluten-free friendly. We were pleased with the awareness of the staff. The restaurant even offers a gluten-free pasta. We had a great meal as usual. Very pleasant staff. Great steaks and blackened grouper. Veggies are great as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2013We've always loved the Harbourtown Grill, have been going back for years. This latest visit was such a disappointment. My husbands rib eye was inedible (over-cooked, under-seasoned and tasted like gas from a grill), and the rest of the food was just ok. I doubt we will be going back :(
- DisappointedHHvisitorDined on 7/5/2013This was our first time trying this restaurant even though we have been to Hilton Head numerous times. We were very disappointed with our experience. The person seating us was not friendly. The waiter was okay, but not very personable. 3 of us got the filet mignon and it was good. 2 of us got the chicken carbonara and it was horrible. The manager stopped by so quickly and briskly, we didn't even have time to tell them what we thought of the meal, and I don't think he cared. We won't go there again. The Topside restaurant at the Lighthouse on the other hand, was wonderful. Go there instead!
- We have been coming to HiltonBubalaDined on 7/3/2013We have been coming to Hilton Head Island for 25 years but have never been to the Harbour Town Grill -- it was excellent!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/2/2013We've vacationed at Sea Pines for 15 years and always dine at the HTG each year. We have never been disappointed. We highly recommend the Chateaubriand and Salmon.Special Features:
- The food and service wereBJoeDined on 6/22/2013The food and service were speculalar and at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Fabulous food. Nice quiettwospidursDined on 6/21/2013Fabulous food. Nice quiet atmosphere. Was a relaxing way to end a day at the beach.Special Features:
- The food was good!!! The serviceSpmccarl78VIPDined on 6/19/2013The food was good!!! The service was horrible. With a restaurant that small I would have expected a rythum of supporting one another. It wasn't there, it seemed like each person was working alone. It took us 20 min to get our bill to pay. Last impression was not good!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful food. Lovely ambience.WissmaahDined on 6/18/2013Harbour town grill was wonderful. The service was friendly and attentive. The country club atmosphere was quiet, relaxed and very nice. Best of all the food was delicious!! I had 3 of my children (who are happy to sit at the table and play quietly) with me and they were welcome. I will definitely be returning for a quiet evening with my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/18/2013We have enjoyed the Harbour Town Grill many times, and every time we go we wonder why we do not go more often. The service is impeccable and the view over the 9th green and practice tee of the Harbour Town course is impressive as well. The food is very dependable and service is outstanding. Everything is always served at the proper temperature. Drinks are generous. We enjoy the wine list as well.Special Features:
- Couldn't have had better foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2013Couldn't have had better food or service. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/1/2013We were disappointed in this restaurant. We were on vacation and got lost which made us 15 minutes late. The restaurant was half empty, but the hostess seemed annoyed by our delay. She immediately told us we would have to sit in the back room, despite there being four empty tables in the main room. These she said were reserved. I would not have thought anything about sitting in the back room, but she brought the "punishment" up. The food was okay, not great. The greeting we received really put a damper on the whole meal and in hindsight we should have probably left before ordering. Unfortunately, one never thinks to act until after it is too late. Oh, yes, on the way out there were still three empty tables in the front dining room!
- First Stop on the IslandAnonVIPDined on 5/24/2013Good food, great service always. Must try the flash strawberries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to find first time; locatedJimHDined on 5/17/2013Hard to find first time; located a block over from Harbor Town basin. Actually, the grill at Harbor Town gold club. Limited seating in bar. Food and service were good, not great. View overlooks ninth green is pretty good. Dark wood ambiance and relaxed and quiet.
- SURPRISE!Traveler2VIPDined on 5/12/2013Have dined here many times and is usually a very good restaurant. However, definitely not for Mother's Day dining! Our reservation was for 12:00 noon and I had called before making the reservation to confirm that both brunch and lunch menus would be available on Mother's Day. I was assured that both would be used. However, once we were seated, we were informed that only the brunch menu was being served! This was quite a surprise to us all, especially since the offerings were very limited and there were several men in the party. Food appeared to have been pre-prepared and then warmed. A very surreal experience for an otherwise reliable restaurant!
- Quiet eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/30/2013Great food and service a quiet nite to enjoy with FriendsSpecial Features:
- Fun experience for golfers...tennisladyhhiDined on 4/26/2013If you have golfers in your party who want to see the course where the Heritage is played, this is a great choice for lunch. Portions are fairly generous so can be split if you're not extremely hungry and that brings the entree/sandwich prices more in line for lunch. Most tables are by the windows so the views are nice. The air conditioning was icy when we were there and all at our table were complaining of it, but the staff were accommodating in turning it down when requested, although shortly after, it was turned back up. Food was good and service was average. Still a fun spot for visitors to Harbourtown.Special Features:
- Great place for a group dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/3/2013Great place for a group dinner that includes 2 kids. Lots of menu options for steak & seafood. The fried green tomato caprese was Amazing! Had a unique dessert of panko fried strawberries served with vanilla ice cream. What a surprisingly delicious texture & taste! We loved it so much for dinner, we came back for Breakfast the next morning! (Dinner options were better than Breakfast, but still good)Special Features:
- Run, don't walk away!CruiseGuyVIPDined on 3/31/2013We felt that we had walked into a bad re-run of Caddyshack, where Bushwood Country Club was alive and well. Food was awful, completely tasteless. Wait staff was nice enough and did the best with what they have. For what this place charges, and for what you get, don't even consider it.