Harbour House - Inn at Mystic
3 Williams Avenue
Mystic, CT 06355Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harbour House - Inn at Mystic
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.innatmystic.com/
- Phone: 8605368140
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday:5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Barry Correia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Check our calendar for live entertainment schedules.
A word from Harbour House - Inn at Mystic
The Harbour House will feature fresh, seasonal and local cuisine served in Mystic’s most spectacular setting at the Inn at Mystic. This iconic property is a treasured and historic place, and our restaurant reflects that magnetic ambiance amidst serene waterfront surroundings and hidden New England beauty. Offering an eclectic mix of casually elegant cuisine mingled with the traditional seafood staples we know and love, the Harbour House redefines the landscape of New England cuisine. Enjoy handmade wood-fired pizza from our brick oven and freshly shucked Ninigrets from the raw bar, or delve into our gorgonzola-crusted filet of beef finished with a savory malbec demi-glace. To complement your dining experience, the Harbour House bar features 24 beers on tap along with an impressive list of signature cocktails made with only the freshest of ingredients. Whatever appeals to your palette, the Harbour House offers something for everyone in a relaxed and comfortable setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Harbour House - Inn at Mystic - Best Restaurants in Mystic ›
Harbour House - Inn at Mystic reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (67)great for outdoor dining (41)special occasion (27)vibrant bar scene (21)romantic (19)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (15)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (9)hot spot (9)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- 1 hour wait for breakfast orderOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/20145 tables walked out when their orders never showed up. Will not make it through the winter
- Happy enoughBazookaDined on 9/22/2014I liked it, but didn't love it. I loved my app, but meal was about a B. Had the bone in chicken with tomatoe/marsala sauce. It was nothing special. But the Lobster crepes were to dye for, loved them. Atmosphere was great, had a table by the window as the sun was setting. Would go back again so I could try something different. My hubby like his grilled duck a lot. Limited deserts. Large selection of different types of beer which really impressed my hubby.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Disappointing, considering the potential. The food was tasty, but was barely warm when brought to the table. The noise level was acceptable at times, but a bit loud once the room we were in was filled with diners and it became unacceptable once the live music started in the next room. We would not recommend Harbour House for a full meal, but would for a flat bread pizza salad on the deck.Special Features:
- Spectacular Fish & Chips!BenStotnovaDined on 9/18/2014I love a good fish & chips, and this beer battered flounder was probably the best I have ever had. Batter enhanced the fish, rather than overwhelming it, and the french fried potatoes were remarkable, creatively shaped, crisp on the outside and creamy on the inside. The coleslaw was sweet and delicious, and even the tartar sauce was sophisticated and complimented the fish very well. The portion size was good, but the meal was so delicious that I have decided to order a double portion of everything on my next visit! My wife had the duck and said that it was terrific as well.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food and AmbiancehdtoolgirlDined on 9/12/2014My husband I and I went for a romantic date night. Food was excellent, service was very good. Very noisy on a Friday night, difficult to have a conversation and hear clearly across the table. Seems to be a very large happy hour following.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud but good food, great viewLocalMysticDinersDined on 9/8/2014We reserved a table for 3 via open table and when arrived, there was a table up in the lounge area by the entrance, nothing in the dining room. We opted for a high table in the bar area which was very noisy but gave us a great view of the outside patio and harbor and sunset beyond. It was crowded and service took a little while to get to us but overall the food was delicious, great scallop appetizer and the filet and swordfish were also excellent. Salad on a flatbread was also very good and it appeared lots of people around us ordered the flatbread pizzas, they looked great. Impressive beer selection as well. Will go back for drinks and light fare but for a full meal, I would request a table in the dining room where we can hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time back in yearsluvshorediningDined on 9/6/2014My husband & I brought our 2 friends to celebrate their anniversary. Pleasantly surprised at the remodeling, beautiful deck and views. The interior was lovely. Our waiter was very friendly & attentive. The drinks were great however the food was a little disappointing, not bad but not fabulous either. I will definitely go back to try some different selectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJoannaDined on 8/30/2014Came for dinner. Receptionist was confused and a bit wired. Sat down ordered shrimp dish made with pasta it came out ice cold. I was hungry staying at hotel. Then Monday when I was checking out of hotel wanted to grab breakfast. They would not serve breakfast to a hotel guest 11:15am had to go to the diner where they serve eggs all day long ...Special Features:
- harbor housegelatodogDined on 8/29/2014This is beautiful on a summer night. You can dress up a little and feel appropriate. Great service and elegant New England food.Special Features:
- Refreshing change/thank youLindaSDined on 8/29/2014We were fans of the old Flood Tide for more than 25 years and we were very disappointed through the years. Finally...a good restaurant to be proud of. We have been there for fun at the Bar, with Son and Hubby, and also with Daughter and her Husband...very pleased. The Raw bar is great with lots of choices...and the regular menu was wonderful. The Swordfish was excellent...as were the Fish Tacos....so many choices. We sat on the old deck, the view was still great....Had a great time.Special Features:
- very disappointedsbf80VIPDined on 8/23/2014we ate dinner at the Harbour House the evening before my son's wedding reception. We were a party of 10- many of whom had food allergies. After I made the reservation, I called the restaurant to make sure they would be able to accommodate all the allergies in our party and was assured that they definitely could and that we would be put in booth in a corner of the bar where we'd be able to talk. When we arrived, we were not seated at that table so we waited for an hour for a different table. Everyone's dinner was prepared incorrectly and one member of our party didn't eat at all because her meal was prepared incorrectly twice. Very disappointed in the food and the overall experience.
- Worst meal ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/23/2014Between the drenching I received with a carafe full of ice water (and management's inadequate response), to the poor service and mediocre food, it was the worst $160 we ever spent (dinner for four)!
- Third time - Portions have shrunk.BeernutDined on 8/23/2014There is a whole lot to like about Harbor House. They have an outstanding selection of tap beer, the wait staff is very knowledgeable about both food and drink and considering the surroundings, the food is very reasonably priced. Food quality is top notch but this last time, we were disappointed with the portions. I do see what I am saying in that the prices are very reasonable but the portions were too small but the previous two times that we have been there, the reasonable portions were reasonable. The inside is all hard surfaces (lots of glass to take advantage of the outstanding view) so it gets a bit loud. 4 stars for food only in the smaller portion. 4 star for ambiance is only in the ambient sound level. Nearly all 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden away on high...MysticNativeDined on 8/23/2014Set on top of a ridge, the commanding views of the Mystic River are only outdone by the quality of the local fresh seafood prepared at Harbour House. The lobster bisque was rich and flavorful, the Block Island swordfish first rate, and the Stonington Sea Scallops pan seared to perfection! Service was excellent. My only disappointment was that the clam chowder was sold out before the Saturday dinner rush...I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and redoBerniegisDined on 8/22/2014I've been here several times and am impressed by how nice the old Floodtide has been redone with a great view, deck seating and bright active bar with a great selection of draft beer. However the food portions are small and the quality of the food is poor to fair.Special Features:
- ceaser salad way too small!LillyDined on 8/21/2014The caesar salad was served on a narrow dish that should be used only for appetizers. Not only did this seriously limit the amount of salad it, made eating it a very slow process, seeing it was not a deep dish. The amount of chicken was less than half of a very small breast. After all there wasn't much room on the plate for it. As a matter of fact, there were more curtons than chicken, which I forgot to ask to have left off. Based on my lunch I will not be back, which is sad, seeing the restaurant is so lovely. This was not at all what I expected after hearing such nice reviews on the food from several other people.Special Features:
- Harbour House ReviewRazdinerDined on 8/19/2014I enjoyed the view from Harbour House. Try to get a window seat. There is plenty of room for diners at this locale. I was not totally satisfied with the food, but it was not bad. However, I had no complaints about the coconut gelato dessert. That was delicious. They served the main course too soon after the initial salad. The service was not bad though. I'd go back again and try something else on the menu. Very nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sbeachDined on 8/17/2014Food arrived cold. My swordfish was raw, sent it back to cook. When returned it was still cold along with the mashed potatoes. Poor lighting on deck when it got dark. Not a good experience, New restaurant needs improvement!!!
- Miss the Flood TideLuv2eatDined on 8/17/2014Our visit to the restaurant was our first and last. The food was not impressive, although the service and ambience were lovely.
- Perfect Evening777BLDRDined on 8/16/2014Food, Service, entertainment and view outstanding. It was a perfect place for the special occasion. A hot spot for visitors and locals to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ObservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The food was good, but we would recommend that the entre not be served as quickly as it was the evening we were there for dinner. I had just finished my appetizer, and my husband was still eating his when the entre was served. A little too rushed for us. A little noisy, but there was a large group with children seated behind us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must When In MysticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The Harbour House restaurant is very good. I have been there for dinner outside overlooking the water, sat near the pool with out-of-town friends for brunch, and had a lovely view while enjoying dinner with family. Everyone enjoyed their meal, the service, and the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be backrazorfacemadmanDined on 8/12/2014We really enjoyed our evening dining on the deck overlooking Fishers Island sound. The four of us split three apps, lobster crepes, bommer scallops with bacon, and the slab bacon. All were fantastic, you could easily make a meal out of j just them. We tried four different entrée. The fish and chips, duck, flat bread pizza, and shrimp parpadella, all were delicious. We finished off with dessert. We will definitely be back to Habour House.Special Features:
- Worked out NicelyNoNickVIPDined on 8/10/2014We were promptly seated in the back dining room, but away from the noise of the bar as requested. Our server was obviously very busy, but kept an eye on us...and some of the table runners filled in with water and bread when requested. One item requested was not available, but our ultimate choices were very good. Steak and fish were huge and nicely prepared. Berry/sorbet dessert we shared among four people was absolutely excellent. Staff seemed to be working very hard to get the bugs out of a relatively new restaurant, and eliminate issues noted in other reviews. Our only real negative was that the bread seemed stale, perhaps from repeat heating. Overall we were quite satisfied with the experience on a busy night in the town.
- Great New SpotmysticlocalfoodieDined on 8/10/2014Harbor House is a great new addition to the Mystic Restaurant scene. All the staff from the Hostess to the bussers were attentive,very friendly. and appeared to like what they were doing. This made for an excellent atmosphere. The view of the water from the hilltop location is spectacular! The food was fantastic! For appetizers we had Ahi Tuna Fish Tacos, Calamari (Tuscan Style), Bommers (Scallops wrapped in Bacon with a Balsamic Sauce), and Clam Chowder. All were great! The Prime Rib was seasoned perfectly and served to the exact temperature as ordered. It was unfortunate that we all ordered the same entree and could not sample other dishes, but that is OK because I will definitely be back to try the rest of the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not satisfied with treatmentswotDined on 8/10/2014My wife an I were at this restaurant for our anniversary. One of the things we were looking forward was to either eating outside, or sitting near a window. When we got there, we were taken outside. However, the only tables for 2 were high tops (there were no "regular tables" at all for parties of 2). My wife cannot sit at a high top. There were several regular tables for 4 that were empty (and not reserved). We asked if we could have one of those tables, but were told no...only 3 or more can sit there. We were seated indoors, by the bar, away from any view of the harbor. Incidentally, we never saw the other outdoor tables get filled up when I looked. Food was OK (nothing special). Treatment of "2" unsatisfactory.
- great place!shawnDined on 8/8/2014We had a great time there, it was our 1 year anniversary and I pick this restaurant last minute. The food was great the service was great and eatting on the deck was the beat choice to spend our evening. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrammyDined on 8/2/2014It was a great choice to celebrate my 80th birthday w/family. We each chose a different entree & all were excellent. The service was impeccable. The chocolate lava cake presented to me was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeDocSamDined on 8/2/2014Have been here once a year ago since Floodtide renovation. Better menu items this time around. Nice lobster bisque with a full claw & the fish and chips was tasty. Would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try HarderJim120253Dined on 8/2/2014This lovely setting deserves a first class operation. Service lived up to its reputation as being haphazard. A member of the party ordered a nightly special, Prime rib, which had to be sent back because it was full of gristle. (The owner/manager took the entree off the bill.) On the other hand, the seafood items were excellent, and desserts were surprisingly sophisticated (Key lime "tower").Special Features:
- Harbour House Inn - RestaurantMysticDined on 8/2/2014I visited the Harbour House Inn on Sat, Aug 2,2014. Manager, Ashley is personable and genuinely concerned consumers are enjoying good service, food and the view. Amanda,our server-excellent job accommodating our needs as patrons. The Lobster Bisque as an appetizer, HATS OFF to the Chef - best bisque ever! Scallops entree, spot on DELICIOUS! My hubby had H/H's Filet. I was lucky enough he shared a piece, BEST EVER! I strongly recommend the Gorgonzola cream sauce! On a negative, Bread. I did not feel the bread served was of the same quality as the rest of the restaurant. Suggestion to the bar, the spirits in my Martini were weak but overall a good taste. I would strongly recommend the Harbour House Inn at Mystic to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyJoAnn14Dined on 8/1/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere and food was delicious. We had 5 people in our group, but very hard to hear each other. Noise level was high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough to think I would go back...localDined on 8/1/2014Outside could be nice...the plastic tables and chairs take it down a notch....the appetizers were good...service was good initially then kinda went south. ordered a second drink and took forever to get. the initial drinks were...not so good...lacked a good bartender. overall...I probably would not go back...the inside is more of a bar scene which might be good for some...just not what I expected since I was thinking more flood tide atmosphere.Special Features:
- Bad dining experience....Julesrn1227VIPDined on 8/1/2014First time eating here. Won't be back. Waiter was barely at our table. The wrong food was delivered by the food runners. Ordered cherrystones and they were the size of a nickle. Waited 45 minutes for meal when manager came by and we mentioned the long wait. He said he would check on it, never to return. Food came out 20 minutes later. I had a salad with grilled chicken, chicken chewy and hard. Lost appetite and sent back. No apologies by waiter or manager. The rest if the meals were mediocre at best. Couldn't wait to get out of there.Special Features:
- Harbor House is excellentBirgitDined on 7/31/2014Excellent food,very good service, very nice atmosphere. Staff was very helpful and friendlySpecial Features:
- A Great New NeighborParticularVIPDined on 7/31/2014Rarely does a new restaurant produce quality product and service immediately upon its opening. Having dined here three times, we can say that each experience is excellent. The outdoor view is outstanding. Likewise, the variety of the food selections, wine opportunities and quality of preparation make this a "go to" location. We particularly liked the unique Caesar salad (with whole white anchovies), the barbecued half duck, the scallops, the lightly battered but well prepared fish and chips and the eight ounce cheeseburger (a great barometer to determine the quality of a restaurant) and the accompanying French fries - all outstanding. The fresh baked bread only adds to the experience. The wine list is also full of variety at good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 7/31/2014Portions ridiculously small, requested 'romantic table for anniversary' was seated next to a large group table having a party. Swimming pool to motel oddly connected to restaurant. Out of several choices on menu requested. Had to go to Sea Swirl after a $100 meal for 2 as we were still hungry with appetizers and entrees.
- Great View, Great Food, But...mddctDined on 7/27/2014We ate outside on a delightful summer's night. We thought we had made a wonderful choice. The view was spectacular, drinks and appetizer were very good. Then came the entrees. My dining partner had ordered the swordfish. Though presentation and taste were great, the swordfish portion was appropriate for a 4 year old. The filet??? was 1/4" thick and 4 inches long. When approached by the waitress, we mentioned the problem and she just stared at us, like what am I supposed to do. Otherwise everything was delicious. My duck was everything I was expecting and more. Portion size also was plentiful. Had to share though, so my dinner partner would not go home hungry. Overall, a very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Very nice but noisyFoodieDined on 7/26/2014The Harbour House was a pleasure except for when the music started. The area wasn't large enough for such loud music and it made talking to one another nearly impossible - and we were in the other dining room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Harbour HouseCourtney9474Dined on 7/22/2014Harbour House has done an amazing job completely renovating the old Floodtide. The out door dining area is beautiful and the service was great. Definitely recommend checking it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.