210 Stearns Wharf
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.harborsb.com/
- Phone: (805) 963-3311
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Weekends: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Weekends: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Carlos Santiago
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Any of the items on our menu are available for an off-site catering job.
- Private Party Facilities: We have many areas that are conducive to private parties.
The Harbor room can hold up to 100 people and is available for weddings, parties, corporate dinners etc.
The Captains Room is very private and is located in our exclusive wine room. It hold ups to 18 people. The terrace room can be closed off and is available for private parties up to 35 with an amazing ocean view.
- Private Party Contact: Robyn 8059333311
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
- Great location and delicious food!NanacarDined on 11/16/2014Great location and the lobster was wonderful! The only down side is the price of the drinks, they are way over priced! We still had a great time and enjoyed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!NewtoSBDined on 11/12/2014Been here a few times in the last 14 months. Always outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-concert DinnerFunspiritDined on 11/10/2014We were welcomed with smiles and received a window table as requested. The clam chowder was an excellent first course. The local fresh red snapper was perfectly cooked served with a delicious sauce. The vegetables were fresh and briefly cooked to retain their nutrients. Creme Brulee with raspberries scattered over the caramelized sugar crack top was worth all of the calories! We requested that we be served rather quickly for we had a curtain to catch and they respected our wishes for prompt service. The parking attendant had our parking pass validated and the car was ready to go on time. It has been one of my favorite restaurants through the years! I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- DisappointedGoodfoodDined on 11/10/2014I just wrote a great review after dining there on a Saturday night. Monday was more than disappointing. They have a $19.95 lobster & steak special. The steak was tough, the food was cold & the waitress was uninspired. I sent back my food; it wasn't much different, but there was a new hot potato. The waitress didn't come back & ask how it was. She asked my husband if he wanted a drink refill as she asked us if we wanted dessert. We've had great desserts there in the past, wasn't interested this time. I don't know if it's the difference of weekend to weekday, but we were very disappointed in our favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Beautiful spotNookaronisDined on 11/9/2014Beautiful spot Took the train up. Easy walk. Relaxing and so Santa Barbara. Food delicious. Service excellent. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views, food & service!YUMMERSDined on 11/8/2014We went here to celebrate running a marathon. It was a beautiful view, the service was knowledgeable, and the food was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeGoodfoodDined on 11/8/2014Food, staff and service were exceptional. Would recommend this place for special occasions & for just escaping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful view decent foodAmberzdelightsDined on 10/26/2014You just can't beat the view. The staff is very accommodating. Lunch is decent, brunch is great. When there are larger groups, it can get noisey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Day tripGxrayDined on 10/18/2014The hostess was accommodating. We arrived early and she allowed us to be seated before are reserved time. The waiter was excellent. He was very attentive even though he had multiple tables to take care of. Overall everything was nice and went well for me and my date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014The waitress took an order for iced tea and never brought it. When lunch was over we asked busboy to bring some. Everything else was great except I thought the French Fries were lousy.Special Features:
- ..speciale..gaetanor6Dined on 10/2/2014Locale molto molto carino..sopratutto se riuscite a farvi dare un tavolo vicino alla vetrata. Vista al tramonto stupenda. Cibo molto buono .Aragosta perfetta e ad un prezzo molto ragionevole. Il salmone alla Wellington e' stupendo. Una bottiglia di vino, un'aragosta e un salmone alla wellington 110 dollari. Porzioni abbondanti. Ne e' valsa la pena. Gestori molto disponibili. Ringrazio ancora la ragazza in gravidanza che mi ha assegnato un tavolino stupendo quando sono passato nel pomeriggio a prenotare.Special Features:
- Santa Barbara, must seelj4400Dined on 9/20/2014I made the reservation for our friends visiting SB from NYC, both were born in Europe. They were quite pleased. The Harbor Restaurant on Stearn's Wharf is always good and is on the Santa Barbara "must see, not to be missed" list. Always good for an evening with a "special someone".Special Features:
- Beautiful view. Good foodnewtiDined on 8/30/2014It's nice to watch the sunset from the Harbor Restaurant. You are actually looking back at the town and mtns. as the lights go on and the sun sets. The food is very good. Lots of choices from moderate prices to the surf and turf $$$. I wish people wouldn't bring babies and kids to the place but it has enough room so that you can find a quiet table if you'd like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Below AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Their Air Conditioning was not on, and it was extremely uncomfortable. The food was not very good and very expensive.Special Features:
- ostatekimOstateKimVIPDined on 8/28/2014Actually, it was better than I was expecting, considering the location on a pier in tourist spot. Food was good, service was very good.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014After 50 years of going to the Harbor restaurant for special occasions, I will not return again. The temperature in the dining room was 80 degrees after the manager came and turned off the AC. He then refused to turn it back on because someone in another part of the restaurant was cold. I felt this was unjust, and that some sort of compromise could have been reached. The server tried to accommodate us but was not successful. He was friendly and competent. The manager didn't even bother to talk to us about the situation or compensate us in any way. It was supposed to be an anniversary celebration and turned out to be very unpleasant.Special Features:
- Shame on the ManagementExperiencedDined on 8/6/2014your typical high demand tourist spot and the management delivers a worn out restaurant and young inexperienced servers. This place could be fantastic but management here is raking in cash with high prices and small plates...we paid $69 for lobster and got a 4 oz tail...good but come on 4oz - really. Shame on the mgmt
- Excellent food with amazing view!Kw2013VIPDined on 8/2/2014The Harbor Restaurant was an excellent choice for a delicious seafood dinner. We ordered off the special menu for the evening. We enjoyed every bite. The staff was very attentive, friendly and helpful. They have the best view of the sunset in Santa Barbara. It is the type of restaurant where you can go for a casual night out or for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great Food & Great ViewsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/1/2014great basic seafood with a solid menu. Seafood tower is amazing. A great choice while in Santa Barbara.Special Features:
- eat with gustoeatwithgustoVIPDined on 7/31/2014If you want a scenic view this is the place; food, however, is very average at best. Service was good but it was very, very loud (table of 10 next to us). Haven't been there in years because of the mediocre food and it was exactly the same as it was many years ago. I splurged with the lobster appetizer (27.00). It was a lot of coleslaw base and very wet with too much cocktail sauce in with the lobster and mixed in with the coleslaw. Basically a suggestion of lobster was there. Disappointed in the local mussels...pithy with not much meat. The clams were OK but way to much salt. I wish I could say better things about this restaurant except that it has one of the best views of all SB restaurants.Special Features:
- The following 174 reviews are from the Harbor Restaurant reviews archive.
- Wedding AnniversaryspecialdayDined on 7/27/2014We celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary at dinner. We've celebrated our anniversary at The Harbor now 3 years and a row and will probably be back next July 27. Lovely view and fun to watch the sun go down and see the lights of the city come on. A very romantic setting and good food. The waitress was great and decorated our Mud Pie (which is outstanding) with "Happy Anniversary." A wonderful evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/16/2014We were dubious about this restaurant because of its touristy location on the pier at Stearn's wharf, but other reviews persuaded us to give it a try. The restaurant did not disappoint - it is reasonably priced, the food is above average and the setting is excellent. We would go again if we are in Santa Barbara again.Special Features:
- Nice View and Decent FoodMarleneVIPDined on 7/14/2014Dined here on a recent Monday summer evening, and there was a decent crowd. Had one youngster in our group of adults, and she seemed happy with the kid's meal selections. The wine list is good and represents the area fairly well. Plenty of meal and appie selections to satisfy every taste. Food came out promptly and was tasty. Nothing over the top here, but consistent. Service was friendly and overall, no complaints. Probably one of the better restaurants in the area with scenic views.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencecfromtxDined on 7/13/2014My aunt suggest your restaurant to meet her at. We are from Texas and enjoyed the whole dinning experience with y'all. The waiter was friendly and did not rush us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Beautiful view and great food. Easy to make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch in SB!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2014great for brunch with an incomparable view!!! Nice service, $10 bottomless mimosas or Bellinis..can't beat it for the value!Special Features:
- Great view, good food, ok servicejimbo20000Dined on 7/5/2014It was a bit surprising that an expensive place like this would not split the plates in the kitchen. We've we've even had Denny's and Chilis do this for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The harbor for dinner.EdicusDined on 7/3/2014The calimari was excellent. A couple of the fish dishes were dry. The salmon Wellington was excellent. The service was very slow. My drink was empty befor my meal and I did not get a refill until the meal was complete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View and FoodNatalyaSVIPDined on 7/2/2014Good food with a great view is a rarity, so we were lucky! Panoramic ocean view, fast service and good food, it all you need to have a happy dinner with kids. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VonnieDined on 6/30/2014Made my reservations online. Our waiter was great! Excellent service. The food was very good. Everyone liked their lunch. We all had a very nice day. We were not rushed to leave and spent a couple hours chatting.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOldlady43Dined on 6/24/2014I live in Los Angeles and have taken the train on several occasions with family and friends just to dine at this location. The food is superb and the view of the ocean incredible. I highly recommend this restaurant for any and all occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedRZ28Dined on 6/22/2014Great loc on the pier, very friendly staff, delicious food. Will def go back. Open Table, however, let me make 10pm res online. Luckily I called the restaurant anyway because they close at 10 and they did not have my reservations. Will likely not use Open Table again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvtoeatDined on 6/19/2014The prime rib was excellent. We went early 5:30 and it was very quiet. My husband had the seafood platter and said it was the best he had ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Food & ViewsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014We had 4 adults, 2 teenagers and a 9 year old. We all found the food to be delicious, the atmosphere relaxing and the views entertaining and ever changing. Service was quick and efficient. Valet parking was quick and efficient as well. Will dine here every visit to the Santa Barbara area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Outstanding views.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014Located on Stearns Wharf...complimentary valet (with no wharf fees as I was there on a Sunday). No hassle to park at all. Food was very good...seared tuna just right. Wedge salad was a little heavy on blue cheese (am I complaining?). Go-to place when I'm in SB, and easy to get in to. Even last minute.Special Features:
- Bad service, ok food, nice viewValentinesDelightVIPDined on 6/14/2014This place had horrible service. When we were ordering wine the waiter rushed us and did not provide any insight into their selection and then rushed off before I could provide an answer. Throughout the dinner we never had our waters refilled or checked on to see if our food was good or if we needed anything. The food was marginal at best. The chef is not creative and could not execute on the preparation of the food very well either. I understand that you are paying for the view and location of the restaurant but the prices were very high for the food and service quality. If you are not particularly into great food or being treated well, then this place would be fine for you. The view is very nice and its a large noisy venue.Special Features:
- DinnerChrisDined on 6/14/2014We went to Harbor Restaurant on Saturday night to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary. I asked for a window seat on Open Table. We arrived a half hour early and were immediately seated at our window table in time to watch the sunset. The service and food were wonderful. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A choice location in Santa BarbaraLonestar1Dined on 6/14/2014The welcome was friendly and the staff efficient. The booth was good with lots of space and a great view out over the Marina. A good choice of food and drinks, but maybe a little short of options for Fish & Seafood. For a restaurant on the pier, I was a little surprised not to have more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014I made a reservation for a party of 8 - for Friday June 13th. It was our son's graduation from UCSB and we were looking very much forward to this event. The view was amazing, huge picture windows... The menu looked as if it had been printed out for this weekend - and was very expensive! The salad which was a la carte was just okay, some of the greens were wilted. Some of us ordered the fish, it came and was on the dry side because it was overcooked. I asked for any sauces to be served on the side, the fish came in a pool of sauce. So there you have it. Would I return? No. The following night we ended up at a French restaurant and had a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014enjoyed dinning here and I would go back. Main course was delicious. cheesecake tasted awfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.