82 Seaview Avenue
East Norwalk, CT 06855Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harborlightsrestaurant-ct.com/
- Phone: (203) 866-3364
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:45am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:45am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer on site catering of up to 150 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Maximum of 70 seated guests in a beautiful room with panoramic waterfront views of the Norwalk Harbor and the Norwalk skyline.
- Private Party Contact: Chris 2038663364
A word from Harbor Lights
Harbor Lights is the premier seafood house located in East Norwalk, CT. Located on the Norwalk Harbor, it offers well-prepared, attractively presented and sophisticated fare. Open year round, the glassed-in terrace allows for a comfortably heated dining experience in the winter without losing the outside dining experience in the summer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Harbor Lights - Best Restaurants in Norwalk ›
Harbor Lights reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (53)special occasion (30)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (24)great for outdoor dining (18)fit for foodies (18)good for groups (17)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Harbot Lights--Awesome!cyp24Dined on 11/21/2014Harbor Lights is really a great dining experience! Their food is awesome, they always have creative and delicious specials and their service is friendly and professional. I've dined there 3 times and each time has been better than the last. Thank you for a wonderful time Harbor Lights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Harbor Lights on a Wedneday EveningPaulBDined on 11/19/2014Food we tried was good but not great but we only tried two different meals. Service and atmosphere was really very good. There was a large loud group there that evening and the acoustics in the dining area echoed the sounds around making it difficult to have a normal conversation. That may be a rare occurrence so that should not stop you from trying this restaurant.Special Features:
- A very nice restaurant and food was excellent.dedeDined on 11/15/2014The service was great and the manager came to the table to make sure everything was satisfactory. I would highly recommend this restaurant to my family and friends. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as last timelovepuppyVIPDined on 11/9/2014Went to lunch there for first time at lunch time and found it not as good as the two times we have gone for dinner. So-so service, ok food, rather expensive.
- Pure Excellence!sloperDined on 10/25/2014I love this place! Great atmosphere overlooking the Sound, really good food and food presentation and considerate wait staff. The matre 'd even chased after us when my girlfriend left her shawl behind. And the best thing - you can talk and hear each other unlike at so many New York City dining spots.Special Features:
- Singularly attractive spot.AkvavitDined on 10/25/2014Almost unmatched for lunch on a sunny day, docking our 24' boat and enjoying an excellent lunch, good view and good service at a harbor-side window table. Beet salad, shrimp+crab-meat and the local oysters were all excellent. Our umpteenth visit, and we'll be back many more times during future boating seasons.Special Features:
- great view with good foodjenreDined on 9/27/2014we went to celebrate a birthday. Restaurant overlooks the harbor and it was a gorgeous night. Food was very good and so was service. All made for a fun night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average foodnickDined on 9/27/2014We went there for fresh seafood and a water view. My companion had a limited view of the water and my seat looked out at the parking lot. The menu was very uncreative and the food was just average. The wait staff was very attentive.
- Definite WinnerChefBobVIPDined on 9/22/2014Thanks to Open Table for leading us to this great restaurant on the water. The view and the food is outstanding. Hard to believe we hadn't found this restaurant before. So good we took friends back the next day for lunch. The lobster special was super, and the sea bass special was excellent. The clams casino, were the perfect appetizer. McKevie our waitress was a delight. One of the best restaurants in the Westport area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The was great and the taste was fresh. Will recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marginal ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Marginally acceptable but don't go out of your way. While the staff was welcoming and genuine, the food was nothing special, a bit bland to be truthful, and quite pricey for what is was at $25 per entrée. And the view is hardly worth the billing. Simply put, I would neither repeat nor recommend
- enjoyable evening outcoloneleatsDined on 9/12/2014View was terrific, but had the sun in my eyes for the first 45 minutes we were there, which was distracting. Could not understand a single word spoken by the waitress about the special, so didn't try to order, which was a shame. In a new restaurant, I usually try the specials first to get a feel for what the chef thinks is good food. Bread was served with tapenade, which I enjoyed, but no one else at the table liked, so the wait person brought butter, but we had to ask for it. No lemon for the water, which is my favorite--and you'd think in a seafood restaurant, lemon would be readily available. Food came expeditiously, and was hot, and very tasty. One member of our party did not care for her risotto but the rest of us enjoyed the fishSpecial Features:
- Good SeafooddingoVIPDined on 9/7/2014The food all came out very good, just be sure to mention if you have any food allergies so the server can help guide you. The view of the Harbor was very nice especially during sunset.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL!!NancyDined on 9/6/2014Another absolutely outstanding culinary experience!!!! Again, cannot wait to go back! We celebrated our anniversary there, and I put in a request for a special table, especially since my husband had not had the pleasure, and again not disappointed!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mike RMikeRDined on 8/31/2014Great view of the harbor from the restaurant. Menu had several unique and well prepared selections all of which were very good. Our waitress was adequate but could have been much better.Special Features:
- GreatDrJohnVIPDined on 8/30/2014As always. Better than great. Fantastic would be more accurate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TILEMANVIPDined on 8/28/2014very consistant, great food & service, love the placeSpecial Features:
- Outstanding!!!NancyDined on 8/26/2014Great place, great food, great service, great view, great from "soup to nuts!!!" Would definitely recommend for any occasion or just a bite out! Looking forward to my next (hopefully very soon) Harbor Lights dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary couplelove2dineDined on 8/25/2014Thank you for making our 35th special! The food was delicious and the service spot on.Special Features:
- Good food and lovely settingauntkateDined on 8/17/2014We enjoyed a excellent brunch (lobster roll and citrus salmon salad) good service at lovely setting, and a great decor. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemChrisMDined on 8/16/2014Located on the edge of a residential neighborhood, Harbor Lights has a great view of the harbor. But the greatest attraction is the consistently good food.Special Features:
- Restaurant with a water viewNew2townDined on 8/15/2014Shared a lovely table at the window with a view of the water. The service was excellent, drinks were very good and dinner just to our liking. The whole trout was done perfectly and clam chowder was delicious. Lovely place for a special evening although as it becomes more crowded the noise level can be a little difficult. All in all we enjoyed ourselves and look forward to more dinners there.Special Features:
- Avoid the rack of lamb!SabinaVIPDined on 8/15/2014I have eaten here many times before and was never disappointed until the last visit. I had the rack of lamb. It was tough and had no taste at all. My husband's scallops and our friend's strip steak were fine.Special Features:
- A Neighborhood Gem!luvgoodfoodVIPDined on 8/10/2014We have been to this restaurant several times. The food is always wonderful. The variety is good. At times, it CAN be noisy, but most of the time it is moderate. It is a terrific place to sit inside and feel like you are outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rules are rules!OpsimathDined on 8/8/2014I am more than willing to pay for an overpriced lunch but the haughtiness of the staff ensured my never returning to Harbor Lights. We were a party of two arriving at a less than one-third filled restaurant where we were restricted to table-for-two only. Placement of these tiny tables was unappealing but the rule is ... two people cannot take a table-for-four even if most of them are empty and the lunch hour is over. Aside from that, our $20 sandwiches were nice - simple wraps with a side of french fries. Nothing special, just nice. Oh, but the harbor view is lovely. If you go, it is really only worth it if you can get a window table.Special Features:
- TILEMANVIPDined on 8/7/2014OUR WAITER (SEBASTIAN) WAS PERSONABLE, FUNNY AND VERY EFFICIENT, WE LOVED THE FOOD AND THE RESTURANTSpecial Features:
- Exactly what I expecteddinner4twoDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I were immediately greeted when we entered the restaurant. Our seats were by the water which is what I requested in my reservations. Our waitress was great, she made our first time experience a good one. The food was good, the view was even better. I think my salmon was gone in 60 seconds and the key lime didn't stand a chance. It's also smart that the ice cream shop is right across the parking lot. We loved it and we would definitely recommend this place to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerRkraftDined on 8/2/2014Wonderful setting ,the waitress was one of the best made us feel like family food was the best seafood thank you for a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 338 reviews are from the Harbor Lights reviews archive.
- scottVIPDined on 7/28/2014we were hoping to enjoy a beautiful summer evening . and while the views were excellent, the windows had to stay closed because the a/c was on. while i understand that, we wished we could have enjoyed the summer breezes. net,net...it was good but not great.Special Features:
- Great food great service great findDawnMDined on 7/26/2014We were pleasantly surprised! Great octopus, 2/12 lb lobster, and swordfish. Excellent waiter. Very attentive and spot on with recommendations. Outdoor feel despite being inside. Would have preferred an "outdoor" window table. Maybe next time. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceCady9Dined on 7/22/2014The food was very good. We had the sea bass over a Greek salad. The bass was sliced thin and grilled making it very light and refreshing. The view of the harbor is really nice.Special Features:
- Great Dinner ExperienceLuv2eatDined on 7/19/2014I had the clams casino as an appetizer and it was great! I also had the seafood jambalaya and it was fantastic. Our waitress was phenomenal! Will go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerPeterCDined on 7/19/2014Our waiter Sebastian gave us plenty of time to order; did not rush us a bit. He gave my friend advice on what to order. Everything was deliciously and well presented. Very quiet with views of the Norwalk harbor. Good value for the quality of the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Views!!!jlminvVIPDined on 7/18/2014Reservation on time. Got last water view table. View and sunst were beautiful. Service was very good. No rushing. Food is just slightly above average. Go for the views, nothing else matters once you get there.Special Features:
- Harbor Lights is a Bucket Lister!cyp24Dined on 7/18/2014It was a beautiful summer evening and eating at Harbor Lights made it truly a memorable evening. The setting was wonderful watching the boats go by and the food was amazing--both presentation and taste! Thanks for a wonderful way to wind down from a busy week.Special Features:
- ShamDined on 7/13/2014Seafood is great. Not many choices if you don't like seafood. The view of the water is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful ViewIsabelVIPDined on 7/11/2014Great view of the sound. Lovely decor, great service and great food. Felt as if I were on the Cape on vacation.Special Features:
- RelaxingCarolDined on 7/6/2014We arrived early on a Sunday for brunch, so pretty quiet. Waitress was very friendly. Decor was pleasing. View was good.Special Features:
- Excellent seafood with no NYC tripvintage911racerDined on 7/5/2014We favor Oceana and Aqua Grill for seafood, but those restaurants involve a trip to NYC, never a hardship, but . . .. We have been to Harbor Lights before but not closely juxtapositioned to our NYC seafood favorites. This time, we said, "Oh wow, excellent food, well prepared, fine service from a probably new but refreshing young waitress, and - of course - a water view (at high tide). What's not to like here, just 15 minutes from home." We're going back this week. We recommend you try it. Ask for Veniza if you prefer a very attentive and very pleasant waitress.Special Features:
- As alwaysDrJohnVIPDined on 7/5/2014This restaurant remains as one of our top three restaurants. The only disappointing thing about the restaurant is that it has removed Oysters Rockefeller from the appetizer menu. Otherwise - fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.