82 Seaview Avenue
East Norwalk, CT 06855Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harborlightsrestaurant-ct.com/
- Phone: 2038663364
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:45am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:45am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer on site catering of up to 150 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Maximum of 70 seated guests in a beautiful room with panoramic waterfront views of the Norwalk Harbor and the Norwalk skyline.
- Private Party Contact: Chris 2038663364
A word from Harbor Lights
Harbor Lights is the premier seafood house located in East Norwalk, CT. Located on the Norwalk Harbor, it offers well-prepared, attractively presented and sophisticated fare. Open year round, the glassed-in terrace allows for a comfortably heated dining experience in the winter without losing the outside dining experience in the summer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Harbor Lights - Best Restaurants in Norwalk ›
Harbor Lights reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (86)special occasion (36)great for outdoor dining (30)romantic (29)neighborhood gem (23)great for lunch (22)fit for foodies (20)great for brunch (20)good for groups (17)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Outstanding!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Great place, great food, great service, great view, great from "soup to nuts!!!" Would definitely recommend for any occasion or just a bite out! Looking forward to my next (hopefully very soon) Harbor Lights dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and lovely settingauntkateDined on 8/17/2014We enjoyed a excellent brunch (lobster roll and citrus salmon salad) good service at lovely setting, and a great decor. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemChrisMDined on 8/16/2014Located on the edge of a residential neighborhood, Harbor Lights has a great view of the harbor. But the greatest attraction is the consistently good food.Special Features:
- Restaurant with a water viewNew2townDined on 8/15/2014Shared a lovely table at the window with a view of the water. The service was excellent, drinks were very good and dinner just to our liking. The whole trout was done perfectly and clam chowder was delicious. Lovely place for a special evening although as it becomes more crowded the noise level can be a little difficult. All in all we enjoyed ourselves and look forward to more dinners there.Special Features:
- Avoid the rack of lamb!SabinaVIPDined on 8/15/2014I have eaten here many times before and was never disappointed until the last visit. I had the rack of lamb. It was tough and had no taste at all. My husband's scallops and our friend's strip steak were fine.Special Features:
- A Neighborhood Gem!luvgoodfoodVIPDined on 8/10/2014We have been to this restaurant several times. The food is always wonderful. The variety is good. At times, it CAN be noisy, but most of the time it is moderate. It is a terrific place to sit inside and feel like you are outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rules are rules!OpsimathDined on 8/8/2014I am more than willing to pay for an overpriced lunch but the haughtiness of the staff ensured my never returning to Harbor Lights. We were a party of two arriving at a less than one-third filled restaurant where we were restricted to table-for-two only. Placement of these tiny tables was unappealing but the rule is ... two people cannot take a table-for-four even if most of them are empty and the lunch hour is over. Aside from that, our $20 sandwiches were nice - simple wraps with a side of french fries. Nothing special, just nice. Oh, but the harbor view is lovely. If you go, it is really only worth it if you can get a window table.Special Features:
- TILEMANVIPDined on 8/7/2014OUR WAITER (SEBASTIAN) WAS PERSONABLE, FUNNY AND VERY EFFICIENT, WE LOVED THE FOOD AND THE RESTURANTSpecial Features:
- Exactly what I expecteddinner4twoDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I were immediately greeted when we entered the restaurant. Our seats were by the water which is what I requested in my reservations. Our waitress was great, she made our first time experience a good one. The food was good, the view was even better. I think my salmon was gone in 60 seconds and the key lime didn't stand a chance. It's also smart that the ice cream shop is right across the parking lot. We loved it and we would definitely recommend this place to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerRkraftDined on 8/2/2014Wonderful setting ,the waitress was one of the best made us feel like family food was the best seafood thank you for a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scottVIPDined on 7/28/2014we were hoping to enjoy a beautiful summer evening . and while the views were excellent, the windows had to stay closed because the a/c was on. while i understand that, we wished we could have enjoyed the summer breezes. net,net...it was good but not great.Special Features:
- Great food great service great findDawnMDined on 7/26/2014We were pleasantly surprised! Great octopus, 2/12 lb lobster, and swordfish. Excellent waiter. Very attentive and spot on with recommendations. Outdoor feel despite being inside. Would have preferred an "outdoor" window table. Maybe next time. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceCady9Dined on 7/22/2014The food was very good. We had the sea bass over a Greek salad. The bass was sliced thin and grilled making it very light and refreshing. The view of the harbor is really nice.Special Features:
- Great Dinner ExperienceLuv2eatDined on 7/19/2014I had the clams casino as an appetizer and it was great! I also had the seafood jambalaya and it was fantastic. Our waitress was phenomenal! Will go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerPeterCDined on 7/19/2014Our waiter Sebastian gave us plenty of time to order; did not rush us a bit. He gave my friend advice on what to order. Everything was deliciously and well presented. Very quiet with views of the Norwalk harbor. Good value for the quality of the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Views!!!jlminvVIPDined on 7/18/2014Reservation on time. Got last water view table. View and sunst were beautiful. Service was very good. No rushing. Food is just slightly above average. Go for the views, nothing else matters once you get there.Special Features:
- Harbor Lights is a Bucket Lister!cyp24Dined on 7/18/2014It was a beautiful summer evening and eating at Harbor Lights made it truly a memorable evening. The setting was wonderful watching the boats go by and the food was amazing--both presentation and taste! Thanks for a wonderful way to wind down from a busy week.Special Features:
- ShamDined on 7/13/2014Seafood is great. Not many choices if you don't like seafood. The view of the water is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful ViewIsabelDined on 7/11/2014Great view of the sound. Lovely decor, great service and great food. Felt as if I were on the Cape on vacation.Special Features:
- RelaxingCarolDined on 7/6/2014We arrived early on a Sunday for brunch, so pretty quiet. Waitress was very friendly. Decor was pleasing. View was good.Special Features:
- Excellent seafood with no NYC tripvintage911racerDined on 7/5/2014We favor Oceana and Aqua Grill for seafood, but those restaurants involve a trip to NYC, never a hardship, but . . .. We have been to Harbor Lights before but not closely juxtapositioned to our NYC seafood favorites. This time, we said, "Oh wow, excellent food, well prepared, fine service from a probably new but refreshing young waitress, and - of course - a water view (at high tide). What's not to like here, just 15 minutes from home." We're going back this week. We recommend you try it. Ask for Veniza if you prefer a very attentive and very pleasant waitress.Special Features:
- As alwaysDrJohnVIPDined on 7/5/2014This restaurant remains as one of our top three restaurants. The only disappointing thing about the restaurant is that it has removed Oysters Rockefeller from the appetizer menu. Otherwise - fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive ice tea/mediocre foodFoodieDined on 7/2/2014Food was acceptable. What I found unacceptable was being charged $3 for a refill on our ice teas. The waiter was right there every time we finished our medium size ice tea (mostly ice of course, it's ICE tea) asking us if we would like more. It was a hot day & refreshing but I had no idea that we were being hit with a $3 charge for a refill. I was shocked when I got the bill, those ice teas really add up. Won't go back, feel tricked & taken advantage of.Special Features:
- Very nice on the waterJosieDined on 6/29/2014We had a great dinner it could have been a bit less pricey but it was fantasticSpecial Features:
- The food was good.Bradybunch6Dined on 6/28/2014The appetizers were good not great. My fiancé had lobster as did my son and were both happy with it. My fish was a bit dry but not awful . Three other main courses were good. We felt rushed out which was a bummer since we were celebrating my bday. We figured most of Norwalk is alive and fun especially on a Saturday night. We left at 11 and definitely felt as though the staff couldn't wait for us to leave Shame as the space overlooks a piece of the harbor and is pretty even in the dark .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful summer settingSallyDined on 6/24/2014Harbor Lights is a beautiful spot for a summer evening. Though you are not technically 'outside,' you overlook the harbor in a room completely wrapped in windows, many of which are open and breezes blow through the dining area. Best of both worlds in case the weather changes. Lighting is pretty inside when it gets dark - ambiance is great. Service is quick and very accommodating - thoughtful staff. Food-wise, a bit average. Lobster bisque was dark and not creamy - odd flavor; our fish entrees though attractively plated and creative with sides, was a bit overcooked and dry. Caesar salad was good - so was the basket of bread and calamari. Nice wine selection and specials menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedDiner0619Dined on 6/22/2014My husband and I went to dinner to celebrate my birthday, and we were extremely disappointed with both the atmosphere and the service. Kids from another party were running around the restaurant and sitting on the window sills next to our table. I don't mind family dining (as a parent myself), but I would never let my kids interrupt someone else's dinner like that. The waitstaff should have asked the parents to keep the children at their own table vs. allowing them to come to our table and continuously interrupt us. We couldn't even have a conversation because the kids were so distracting. In addition, our waiter forgot to bring my drink -- I had to ask twice. Our table was shaky, and after asking multiple times, it was never fixed.Special Features:
- great sea foodlovepuppyVIPDined on 6/22/2014Returned to restaurant after great sea food meal a few days earlier. Best fish entrees around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must for waterfront dining!SueandJimDined on 6/21/2014The view at Harbor Lights is lovely- there is no better place to feel more relaxed than dining by the water. We were in a corner overlooking a tiny cove and were delighted by the arrival of majestic herons and egrets. It was a crystal clear, cool day and the breeze was a bit much, so the waitstaff were more than happy to close the oversized windows. The food was excellent and our server was very attentive, desire being so busy on a Saturday night. We feasted on swordfish, halibut and tuna and everyone enjoyed their meals. I would highly recommend Harbor Lights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely views. Fantastic food!JSimonDined on 6/16/2014We went to Harbor Lights for a Corporate Dinner. The views were outstanding! Moreover, the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go hungryLobijVIPDined on 6/15/2014We've been to Harbor Lights a few times for dinner but never for lunch. There was a special Father's Day brunch menu with a fairly high fixed price per person. We know the food is consistently good, so we went ahead with the brunch. Very generous portions of delicious, albeit rich, plates started arriving within minutes. The day was perfect, it was high tide, boats were passing by, the restaurant windows were wide open allowing a nice breeze to keep us cool while we ate a three-course meal. Way too much food for lunch, but we brought home the leftovers for a second meal later.Special Features:
- Cannot recommend enoughHarborLightsDined on 6/14/2014What a wonderful time we had at Harbor Lights. The location is fantastic and the views are serene and beautiful (and the big windows and stylish interior decor only enhance these views). I'd eat here for the views alone but the food is really fantastic too. The steak was some of the best steak I've ever had, including at fancy steakhouses. Portions were big and everything was delicious. All in all, a wonderful experience. Will return!Special Features:
- Great dining experienceRoeyDined on 6/14/2014We were very pleased with our first visit. Staff was very friendly. We were a table of four. Our reservations were honored on time. Our server was awesome , offered suggestions when asked. Friendly and efficient! All our dinners were terrific. We all agreed to return very soon. The setting is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We can't wait to eat here again.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We all loved the Harbor Lights Restaurant. Food was wonderful. I had a delicious sea bass and we had the calamari and octopus appetizers to start of with. There were 8 of us and every single one of us loved it. The view was gorgeous and our table was light and clean. A plus!Special Features:
- Good But not greatDiver1Dined on 6/8/2014Great location, service is good mostly (Fathers day meal was not worth the fixed fee and the service was terrible) and the food is good, but somehow it just lacks atmosphere No Wow factorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!ragmanDined on 6/8/2014I took my wife here for dinner to celebrate her birthday and it couldn't have been any better. We were seated right next to the giant open air window with a full view of the harbor life. The server was very friendly. The food was excellent. The open air experience was simply sublime because of the weather and the proximity to the water. I will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meal with scenic viewCRK06897VIPDined on 6/7/2014It was an exceptionally beautiful day, so we decided to experiment and give Harbor Lights a try when we had family visiting from California. We were seated by the window with a lovely view of the Norwalk Harbor. We dined on Caesar salads, scallops, mussels, calamari, lobster and sea bass. Everything tasted very fresh and my teenage sons really liked the fried calamari since it wasn't greasy. Service was pleasant and prompt. We'll definitely go back again.Special Features:
- As alwaysDrJohnVIPDined on 6/7/2014This restaurant is one of our favorites and as always, it was not a disappointment dining here. There service is great, the menu great and a great dining experience. We recommend this restaurant whole heartedly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently pleasingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/6/2014Harbor Lights is the exception to the old saw that "the quality of the food is in inverse proportion to the view".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with out of town guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2014I specifically chose this restaurant bc I was bringing out of town guests who love seafood and would enjoy a water view. The food was great also the wine. However, we were sat next to a table of 10 who were celebrating very loudly I should think the host would have thought to seat us away from a large group having fun( no problem with them having fun) but we could not carry on a conversation. I had made reservations and specifically asked for a table close to windows and water. We were seated "in" and not near the windows. We also went early to avoid a crowd. That didn't happen. However, it was a beautiful night and the ocean breeze came through. I rated vy good but would have rated outstanding had it not been for the noiseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.