550 N. Harbor Dr
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harborhousemke.com/
- Phone: 4143954900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Sunday only 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Zach Espinosa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Harbor House can create the perfect social or business event for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Molly McCarthy 4143954900x4904
- Entertainment: We have music on our patio every Sunday from 4-7 pm from June through August.
- Special Events: go to http://harborhousemke.com/events/ to see our most recent events at Harbor House!
A word from Harbor House
Located on the shores of Lake Michigan in Downtown Milwaukee, Harbor House replicates a New England style seafood restaurant commonly found on Cape Cod and Nantucket. The menu features a wide array of fresh seafood, salads, sandwiches, pastas, steaks, and chops. Additionally, Harbor House features two outdoor patios.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Harbor House - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Harbor House reviews from OpenTable diners
453 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (401)special occasion (325)romantic (232)fit for foodies (148)great for outdoor dining (142)notable wine list (117)great for brunch (107)good for groups (103)great for lunch (93)neighborhood gem (51)vibrant bar scene (45)hot spot (44)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (18)Show More
- Food with a view!Blueskies51Dined on 8/31/2014All you can eat buffet for set price with alcohol the only extra. Impeccable service, delicious food with something for everyone. Quite simply the best brunch in Milwaukee.Special Features:
- Lacking for a Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/30/2014As a seafood lover I have a wide variety of food places I have dined previously and am an amateur chef who enjoys cooking fish. I ordered the yellowfin tuna and my girl friend ordered mahi mahi with salads and a few glasses of wine. We received our salads 45 minutes later, which were good. The service here is way below expectation for a high end restaurant. I ordered my tuna rare after being asked by our server Chris. Both dishes had good presentation. The tuna was cooked medium to medium-well, lacked flavor, and had me feeling like anyone with a Pinterest account could make a more flavorful yellowfin tuna dish. The mahi mahi was more flavorful and was more of a tropical recipe my girlfriend liked, but I didn't care for as much.Special Features:
- Excellent with a caveatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Other than texting me a fay later saying I didn't keep my reservation everything was excellent. Very disappointed that a restaurant like H House can't keep track of who shows up and who doesn't. Has that issue been rectified?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!Table33Dined on 8/29/2014First experience with Harbor House and it was AWESOME!!!!! Food was excellent and so was the service. Clarissa and Joelle were wonderful. Chef Zachary has definitely made Harbor House a great dining experience. Will definitely go again!Special Features:
- Winner winner seafood dinnerZakRDined on 8/27/2014Fantastic experience in all aspects. We arrived early for our reservation and were offered to wait at the bar. Had a couple of very well made cocktails and then the hostess seated us in a timely manner. Wait staff was knowledgeable and very friendly. Very attentive even though it was busy. Food was outstanding and worth every penny. This was for my wife's birthday as I had noted in my online reservation and they brought out a meringue dessert on the house, which was also really tasty and perfect to share. Pricy for us, but great for special occasions. Overall, outstanding experience and will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodating MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014We really enjoyed our meal as always and the waitress brought a dessert surprise to the birthday person and the waiter was very helpful making accommodations for vegetarian daughter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with a great viewolderwiserVIPDined on 8/27/2014More pros than cons. Excellent choices of lunch entrees with a nice emphasis on seafood. Express menu entree items not as desirable as the rest of the menu. Beautiful view of the Milwaukee skyline and Lake Michigan. Convenient valet parking for a small fee. Cons: I did not expect to be required to call the restaurant the day before our reservation to confirm. That was somewhat of a nuisance, but I feared losing our Open Table reservation if I neglected to make the phone call.Special Features:
- Harbor Housemm1234Dined on 8/25/2014Have been there twice recently and service was just okay both times. This visit the server seemed very uninterested and not real friendly. Food was good, as is the ambiance. Best locations are by the windows or in the room closest to the lake. Not sure it is worth the price, as there are better restaurants in Milwaukee. However, strictly for the location and/or the many seafood choices this is a good choice.
- Underwhelmednew2baysideDined on 8/24/2014Service was slow although we had two servers. The food was average - nothing extraordinary for the price. The spinach was very salty. I will say that since we were celebrating two birthdays with out of town friends, our shared dessert was complimentary. I don't know if the valet parking is in place all the time or if it was needed because of Festa Mexicana. It was the only way we could park that evening. We are not really motivated to return any time soon.Special Features:
- Really Good BrunchBeaJVIPDined on 8/24/2014The variety of foods offered at the Sunday brunch is definitely worth the price of this dining experience. The only thing that I sort of struggled with is the hostess seating our party at a booth. Now this is not a "bad" option for dining that doesn't require getting up/down, sliding in/out for each trip to the buffet line(s), but when the party of 5 includes 2 elderly diners (one with an assistance stick), the booth is not the better choice. Overall, the ambiance is stellar and the food options are worth going back to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestBrunchingDined on 8/24/2014Brunch is the best! The seafood is fresh and plentiful! The salads and omlettes are delicious! There are items I have not even tried yet. The view is spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not so great serviceSireatalotDined on 8/23/2014Bar staff - not particularly attentive or efficient upon arrival. Freddy was great at accommodating our table request but the wait staff lacked any personality at all. Nice view and ambience and food was great. If service could match the quality of the food this would be a very good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Wonderful food and great table. Could have used a coffee refill and better clearing of dishes but overall a very enjoyable nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harbor House on SaturdayTomandAnnetteDined on 8/23/2014This place still has one of the best views in town, and the interior décor / vibe is sophisticated, but casual. Well prepared fish and seafood, especially the whole branzino (European sea bass). Great selection of raw oysters. Very good wine selection, good draft beer selection, and some interesting mixed drinks. Usually very good service and timing of courses here, but this particular busy Saturday night seemed to put extra stress on the normally competent system. This resulted in very irregular pacing between courses and some unusual service misses. My wife received an excellent (complementary) schaum torte for her birthday. Still highly recommend trying this restaurant, but on a night other than Saturday for the best experience.Special Features:
- 3rd time a charm againPeterCDined on 8/23/2014This is the 3rd time I've eaten at the Harbor House while visiting Milwaukee. It's just a really great place with really great food. I'd recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Great view of the Art MuseumDrrobiVIPDined on 8/22/2014Nice patio and great view of the Art Museum and the wings closing at happy hour. Happy hour food was very disappointing. Service was great.
- Great food! Had to wait for it.CrossflyDined on 8/21/2014Our reservation was for 8:30pm but we were not seated until after 9pm. The hosted apologized several times and kept us updated. The guy at the desk could have acknowledged me when I walked up, I always think thats rude even if you are on the phone. The sevice was great once we were seated, serving staff was pleasant and cheerful even though it was late. We had a group of 8 and they gave us free apetizers because of our delay. I would go back again when in Milwaukee in the future.Special Features:
- Views great,,,Food disappointingEemsDined on 8/21/2014We took our out-of-town friends for lunch. The views are incredible BUT the food was mediocre at best. Eight meals all disappointing. Crab cakes, perch and the mahi fish tacos were all overdone and tasteless. Our guest said the fries were great. Unfortunately it's a fish restaurant! It appeared to us the Harbor House is living off its scenic views, not quality food. We won't be back.Special Features:
- HartzbobDined on 8/19/2014Wonderful food and experience for our first time visit.Special Features:
- FABULOUS!BurkeDined on 8/19/2014Our new favorite place! Best view, food, service, atmosphere and worth the hour drive!!! We always feel like we are back east in New England!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Very nice. Food was excellent. Oysters were a great start to our meal. Get a seat by the windows to watch the sailboats in the harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New TraditionDerekDDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Harbor House, and had a great experience. From the affordable valet parking to the outstanding service from John & Corey, the ambiance was spot on. The food was fresh, delicious, and the pricing was fair. The calamari was among the best we've ever had, the salmon was flakey, and the scallops were done perfectly. The night was capped with outstanding desert and courtesy champaign for our anniversary. Great job Harbor House, we'll see you again next year (if not sooner)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average experienceFoodloverDined on 8/16/2014I went to Harbor House with three friends for a special dinner. We had a reservation and were promptly seated outside when we arrived, even though we were early. The view outside is incredible, especially at night. We were all a little chilly, even in August, as there is no source of heat besides a fireplace along one wall. Our waiter seemed distracted. Since were a group of young (24) ladies, he probably figured he wasn't going to get a very good tip and didn't pay us much attention the whole night. We ordered the crab cakes and shrimp for appetizers which could feed maybe 2 people. Overall, drinks and food were good, service average. Order dessert!Special Features:
- Good but PriceyGertieDinesVIPDined on 8/16/2014Food quality was very good for the most part. Critic ran bisque was a little fishy tasting and lacking seasoning. Lobster Fricasee and steamed Salmon were great. A good place if you like raw oysters. For the entree price you should at least get a salad. List of wines by glass was Limited. Service was friendly and knowledgeable, but definetly slow. Go here for a special occasion and the view. Overall there are other seafood places with excellent food at a better value.(try the sail loft).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special anniversary dinnerEatwellDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed our first dining experience at the Harbor house this weekend. Everything about it was fabulous! The food was excellent, our waiter was very attentive and knowledgable and the champagne toast provided was a special touch! Thank you for helping to make this evening special for all of us. We will defininetly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great venue, good food, ok serviceAPinWIDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant has a nice upscale environment. The appetizer, salad, entrees, and desserts were very flavorful. Service could have been better. We had 2 servers for our party of 2; we speculated that each must have thought the other was taking care of us. 10 minutes lapsed between seating and taking our order. We were never asked if we wanted a second glass of wine or offered more bread. In a way, it was disappointing. Harbor House is a great venue and the food was good; but the servers didn't make it "an experience". The valet guys were actually more friendly and hustled more than the two who served our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seat in the houseSueBCDined on 8/15/2014The view from every Harbor House table is beautiful. This was our 3rd visit and we stayed with the seafood. Great presentation and delightful.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner for Two2forsummerDined on 8/15/2014Harbor House proved to be the perfect place to celebrate the occasion. The ambiance was delightful, the service was timely, efficient and the wait staff were not constantly hovering over the table. The view from our table was great and I noticed that the restaurant was set up in such a way that all tables were able to enjoy the view. The food selection offered a lot of choices and price variants. You could say there was something for everyone. We went with seafood choices of Alaskan King Crab combo with filet and Salmon. Both entrees were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingHollyDined on 8/15/2014The restaurant is beautiful, view spectacular. Our meal was good but very inconsistent. We both ordered our steaks the same way and it was completely different when you cut into them. They serve in teams here and after our main waitress dropped off our food she never came back to our table. We were done eating for over 20 minutes and had to ask to see a dessert menu. That took another 10 minutes to get and then another 15 to come back and see if we wanted something. We told the "helping" server no just give us the check. This was by far the worst device we have ever received at an upscale restaurant.
- Awesome all around!CatfanVIPDined on 8/15/2014This was our first time at Harbour House. We chose to celebrate my birthday here. We were greeted at our table with a friendly server wishing me a happy birthday. Great drinks before dinner. Food was awesome (we had the scallops and the chicken - both were amazing). Beautiful view. We will definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014They were able to make just about anything on the menu Gluten Free upon request. Very knowledgeable servers and great food.Special Features:
- Looking for The Right PlaceLUVspotDined on 8/13/2014I'm from Milwaukee and been moved for 10 years. I return each year for my Daughter birthday...she found The Right Place. Two years running and more to come! Excellence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- litesoutDined on 8/13/2014we had two problems-first was getting served to start the dinner-took about 10 min for water, 20 minutes for a drink order-I characterize it unusual but bad, the kitchen and the food, oysters, lobster steak, lobster and creole shrimp were excellent and timely, deserts great coffee etc when we exited for car for some reason valet shut our auto lights off and we had no lights on the vehicle for about 5 miles down the road-many of the new cars have setting on auto for all lights-no need to touch it-might be habit for valet but not a good thingSpecial Features:
- Birthday GirlLoveBirdsDined on 8/13/2014It was a lovely evening to look out at the Lake. Brought another couple that was visiting from Florida and they also enjoyed the scenic view. The service was just alright, could of been better for a nice restaurant. I enjoyed my rib eye, but my husband's mahi mahi was not up to par.Special Features:
- a perfect evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014We were looking to spend our 25th anniversary somewhere special and chose Harbor House. We were extremely satisfied all the way around from excellent food to outstanding service and very romantic ambiance. We took a stroll outside of the restaurant after dinner and enjoyed the beautiful Milwaukee night skyline as well as the romantic moonlight over Lake Michigan. It was a perfect ending to to perfect evening. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014We expected the food to be great and it was. We expected the view to be perfect and it was. The waitstaff is attentive but not fawning, just perfect. We could not improve on our experience, Thanks!!Special Features:
- Amazing!!!2lovebirdsDined on 8/11/2014We went to Harbor House for our anniversary... it was perfect! The food was amazing, service was very professional, and the atmosphere was calm and beautiful. We had the clam chowder, crab cakes, steak and crab legs... all of them were wonderful. I recommend Harbor House to anyone looking for great seafood in a relaxing setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Scallops were delicious but the bisque was on the cold side. Server could have been more attentive. Took second drink order from two persons at the table and never asked the third person if they also wanted a drink. Another server cleared our dirty dishes as our server disappeared but showed up to present the bill. Was extremely disappointed with the service. Not the usual service that I have received at other Bartolotta restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a night outNomnomDined on 8/9/2014Beautiful restaurant, the New England style is what attracted me to it, and I took my girlfriend of a year and a half here. Great food, and a wonderful ambience!! However the service was decent, mainly because we are both 19 years old and definitely felt that we weren't being treated as equal as the older adults there by one of the waitresses. Other than that, great place and a fun night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointeddisappointingDined on 8/9/2014Food was great and so was the atmosphere and view, the waitress sort of ignored us, we had to ask the secondary waitress about items and then were told the specials. We do fine dining monthly and more. The bad waitress dropped this restaurant out of our top Milwaukee 15. Very disappointed.Special Features: