550 N. Harbor Dr
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harborhousemke.com/
- Phone: (414) 395-4900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm
Brunch: Sunday only 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Zach Espinosa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Harbor House can create the perfect social or business event for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Molly McCarthy 4143954900x4904
- Entertainment: We have music on our patio every Sunday from 4-7 pm from June through August.
- Special Events: go to http://harborhousemke.com/events/ to see our most recent events at Harbor House!
A word from Harbor House
Located on the shores of Lake Michigan in Downtown Milwaukee, Harbor House replicates a New England style seafood restaurant commonly found on Cape Cod and Nantucket. The menu features a wide array of fresh seafood, salads, sandwiches, pastas, steaks, and chops. Additionally, Harbor House features two outdoor patios.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Harbor House - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Harbor House reviews from OpenTable diners
403 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (340)special occasion (298)romantic (209)fit for foodies (162)great for outdoor dining (115)notable wine list (103)good for groups (90)great for brunch (65)great for lunch (64)neighborhood gem (49)hot spot (42)vibrant bar scene (31)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- A perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Easily the best restaurant I have been to in the entire city. Took my girlfriend as a sort of mini celebration and we were blown away by the professionalism shown by the staff as well as the deliciousness of the food. Immediately recommended to all of my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appeared to be 2 different restaurantsEkeckoDined on 11/14/2014We had 2 quite different experiences on the same night. We started out at the bar for happy hour and were extremely pleased with the service and the food. The oysters were fresh and the chef gave us 2 different varieties for 89 cents ea. I also had the 'peel and eat' shrimp which were large and cajun spiced - very good. The special drinks were good but a little on the sweet side. The waiter offered to have them remixed but we refused - next time I'll ask the bartender to go a little easy on the sugar syrup. Overall, a great experience. We then moved to the dining room for dinner. They did not have the wine I was expecting from the website (we were told they never update the website). The waitress described the special, which my wife had, but it was nothing like the description. When asked, the waitress shrugged of the question as if it didn't matter. The servings were very small for the price and the other plate items were not very good or well prepared - a simple steamed vegetable would have been much better. The dining room service (we had 2 people) was slow and not very attentive. In summary, I would strongly recommend the restaurant for the lake-side ambiance and decor but I recommend only going for happy hour (4-6) and eat only at the bar - you will have a very enjoyable time if you skip the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreetaVIPDined on 11/13/2014Had a geat business lunch here. It is very convienent as there is valet parking for free during lunch. The food was very good. I especially enjoyed the fish dish I had which was recommended by my server (walleye)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShevyDined on 11/10/2014We all enjoyed our meal. However, the roasted potatoes were rock like and the beans were undercooked. The soup was delicious and so was the trout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Great food, great scenery, nice ambiance - perfect Saturday night out.Special Features:
- First TimervoxxDined on 11/7/2014Greatest steak and Salmon I had the pleasure of eating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2014We always enjoy going here. Seafood is great- the ambvience is excellent.Special Features:
- luckiDined on 11/7/2014It was a great experience except, my crab cake was delicious but the bun was too cold and tasteless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view & wonderful mealrickDined on 11/6/2014The restaurant has a beautiful view and the service cant be beat. The trout was excellent and superb vegetables, perfectly cooked. The wait staff was courteous, helpful and there for all your needs. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableAnnieDined on 11/6/2014Scrumptious food, gorgeous lake views, impeccable service. I'm still dreaming about that Crustacean Bisque!Special Features:
- good viewdodoDined on 11/6/2014Nice place with a wonderful view from lake Michigan am Museum. Food was ok. Maybe I ordered the wrong plate.Special Features:
- Still the BestBadgerRicDined on 11/4/2014Milwaukee's only restaurant on the lake is still the finest eating establishment the city has to offer for those who prefer seafood. Set right on the lake Harbor House offers a gorgeous interior, the city's finest views, and fabulous seafood. It's romantic yet vibrant and affords patrons anything from a quiet business-dinner atmosphere to a warm family gathering spot. Just the best!Special Features:
- ServiceAm66jaDined on 11/2/2014The waitress seemed to have forgot we were there. She never came to check on us or ask if we needed anything. She never refilled our coffees. Very disappointed in the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not as good as the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/1/2014Although the food was excellent, our banquette table was romantic, and our reservation time was respected, the service was just fair. They seemed so rushed and never checked on us while we were eating our entrees. This is really a must, which they missed. When paying $50 for an entree I expect an equal level of service.Special Features:
- FabuloushappycamperDined on 11/1/2014Loved our Harbor House experience, the food, the view, the service, all were outstanding. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful -- all of it!NeighborhooddinersVIPDined on 10/31/2014We totally enjoyed the whole experience. The Branzino whitefish was fantastic. The peppers and anchovy accompaniment was perfect for the fish. The maine lobster and filet was also delicious, as were the West Coast oysters and carrot cake for dessert. Service was impeccable and the decor and atmosphere was very much like a restaurant on Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. The night view of the Milwaukee Art Center was lovely. It was a special anniversary dinner for us so the whole experience was simply perfect!Special Features:
- Awesome Experience!MajorfoodieDined on 10/31/2014We hosted guests for dinner at Harbor House, and they enjoyed all aspects of the experience--food, wine, service, ambiance, view--as much as we did. Great to have this gem on Milwaukee's lakefront!Special Features:
- Gem on the lakefrontMimi5Dined on 10/30/2014Wonderful restaurant. Fabulous views of the lake and downtown. Only restaurant right on the water. Great decor. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Wonderful experience! Service was amazing. Food was very tasteful. Steak was so tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely Family DinnermiltownbrewfansDined on 10/23/2014A dear friend gave me a generous gift card which allowed me to treat my family to a lovely dinner and celebrate my husband's birthday. All of us were pleased with our seafood selections and the service was excellent. The server brought my husband a special birthday dessert along with 4 spoons so we all had a taste of a delicious merengue with chocolate gelato and fresh berries. It was a treat for all of us and we appreciated the gesture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced for what it is1964KJDined on 10/22/2014The restaurant itself boasts a impression that you have food like you've never tasted before. In my opinion it was ok but nothing to write home about and for sure overpriced. There are alot of restaurants around town, where the food and service are mucj greater and a lesser cost. Its obvious that you are paying for the name.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014This is a great location. The Sunday brunch was outstanding. Lots of seafood options as well as all of the standard brunch options. The view is one of the best in Milwaukee.Special Features:
- Great Place for Special Occasions!FoodieWannabeDined on 10/19/2014I have dined at the Harbor House twice in the past two months to celebrate wedding anniversaries. The service is outstanding and the view is spectacular. I'll be going back many times in the years to come. Love, love, LOVE this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, decent experienceSeafoodsteakDined on 10/18/2014We had 8:15 reservations and were sat immediately. We were greeted by 2 waitresses who would be taking care of us for the night. One waitress was friendly, outgoing while the other could care less if she was there. We placed an order for drinks, appetizers and oysters. It took about 20-25 minutes for the oysters to arrive. We finished the oysters and apps and still had not heard from the waitress to take our order. Finally ordered and the food came in good time. I ordered the steak medium rare and it came medium well. The scallops were perfect and the clam chowder was great. Overall it was a good night out but I don't think I would return. There are better options in Milwaukee for the overall service, quality and price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood and ViewLejieDined on 10/18/2014Like it says, Great Seafood and View. You are on the lake, just beautiful. We had Stone Crab Claws ( in season) , Mussels, Lobster Fricassee, and a 2lb Lobster. Everything was fresh and cooked perfectly. Only drawbacks were stone crab a little pricey ( but they told us and we agreed) and a longer than normal lull between appetizers and our entrees, but the company was great and so were the views so we didn't mind too much. If you want seafood in the land of sausages and cheese ( not that there is anything wrong with sausages and cheese), this is your place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointedHighHopesDined on 10/18/2014After hearing good reviews overall, plus being a Bartollota restaurant, we assumed it would be great. The two servers we had were excellent, but the food was fair at best. Lobster tails overcooked, and hard to extract from the shells. Should have been done for the guest. Oyster medley, one out of the three were good, the other two, poor flavor and did not seem very fresh. Sad when the carrot cake was the highlight of a $150 meal.Special Features:
- Great Night OutHappyDiner2252Dined on 10/18/2014If you are looking for a great "Date Night" place, Harbor House is definitely a must! The atmosphere is perfect for a romantic night out, you have the art museum and lake as your views. The food was amazing and service was spot on! I must recommend the Apple/Pear martini, to good for words.Special Features:
- Sea BassDomscjDined on 10/17/2014I think it would have been better if the fish had been filleted.Special Features:
- great service good food nice viewDinerdaveDined on 10/17/2014The service was great, the food was good, drinks were excellent, love the interior of the place and the view is great. We would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuAlexDined on 10/17/2014The menu is fantastic. I ordered the steamed salmon with polenta and it was phenomonal. I normally do not like salmon. It just melted in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunch and Diningtorbie65Dined on 10/16/2014I loved this place. I can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Raw Bar YummymichelleDined on 10/15/2014I go here once a month for Oysters and end up getting appetizers or a main course - I have never had a meal here I didn't like! The service is always friendly. I love this place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Great place for a special occasion. wait staff was extremely friendly very informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view.CindyDined on 10/12/2014Loved the view at the restaurant. The food and service was very good. I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerbillDined on 10/12/2014everything was excellent..the view of milw lakefront, the service, the food, all were very,very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchMelissaDined on 10/12/2014This is our favorite spot for brunch. Seafood selections are fresh and delicious. The view is lovely and the service is perfect.Special Features:
- A great seafood dinnerDbabbDined on 10/11/2014Seated promptly at our reservation time (8:00), and service was great from start to finish. Fresh seafood was clearly their specialty. I had a whole branzino cooked perfectly and my husband loved his cioppinno. We would love to go back when the weather is warm to sit outside. It is a bit pricey, but we felt it was worth it. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJustKookinDined on 10/11/2014Visited Harbor House for my mother-in-laws birthday. The night was amazing. Can't wait to head back and do it all over again!Special Features:
- We arrived early and waited at theDavidhDined on 10/11/2014bar for five minutes until the bar crew noticed we were there and another couple of minutes to take our order. The appetizers were good and we were seated on time. We ordered off the menu and it took two hours from when we ordered until when we left the restaurant which was 45 minutes longer than necessary. The wait staff team we had huddled by the bar half the time instead of attending to our needs. Food was fair not great.
- Like visiting an old friendMcFoxyDined on 10/10/2014Having moved away from the area It is so nice to return to one of our favorite Bartollotta Restaurants, the Harbor House. It's like visiting an old friend who happens to have a stellar wine list and amazing chops in the kitchen. Never disappointed.Special Features: