550 N. Harbor Dr
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harborhousemke.com/
- Phone: 4143954900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Sunday only 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Zach Espinosa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Harbor House can create the perfect social or business event for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Molly McCarthy 4143954900x4904
- Entertainment: We have music on our patio every Sunday from 4-7 pm from June through August.
- Special Events: go to http://harborhousemke.com/events/ to see our most recent events at Harbor House!
A word from Harbor House
Located on the shores of Lake Michigan in Downtown Milwaukee, Harbor House replicates a New England style seafood restaurant commonly found on Cape Cod and Nantucket. The menu features a wide array of fresh seafood, salads, sandwiches, pastas, steaks, and chops. Additionally, Harbor House features two outdoor patios.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Harbor House - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Harbor House reviews from OpenTable diners
440 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (383)special occasion (322)romantic (233)fit for foodies (159)great for outdoor dining (148)notable wine list (111)good for groups (98)great for brunch (93)great for lunch (83)neighborhood gem (51)vibrant bar scene (37)hot spot (37)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (16)Show More
- Nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Really enjoyed this restaurant food was good, service was adequately attentive and timely without being overdone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Anniversary BrunchSupperSallyDined on 9/28/2014We chose Harbor House Sunday brunch for our 29th anniversary celebration. We love the Lake Michigan view. They do seafood right! It's special occasion lunch/brunch affordable. My husband loved the raw oyster bar. I loved the different food stations with signs stating the ingredients (I am a pescaterian & do not eat pork or beef). Everything from the "seafood pot pie" (a bisque) to the green salads, fresh fruit, lox, small-sized desserts including key lime parfait, is terrific. Carnivores may enjoy a generous carving station. It's fun to see families and other diners dressed in their Sunday best. Our waiter did not keep our water glasses full or silverware replenished; he was busy with large groups. Overall, he did a good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Abysmal ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014The overall experience was very disappointing. Service was abysmal
- This is a Bartolotta's?!Buttercup06Dined on 9/27/2014Lake Park Bistro is our favorite so we thought we'd try this Bartolotta's restaurant (even though the rewards card isn't good here for some reason). First, they have $4 valet parking which we didn't like right off the bat so we drove around trying to find a free parking spot. Then we sat at the bar for about 20 minutes waiting for a table (even though there were plenty of open tables). None of the 3-4 bartenders even looked at us while we sat at the bar for the first 15 minutes. Very noisy and expensive (but not worth it) restaurant. Very disappointed. We will never go back.Special Features:
- tweninDined on 9/27/2014We had a great time... Except for the appetizer, shrimp cocktail had only four shrimp. Very dissapointing expecially when you pay about 14.00 for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday celebrationkris2Dined on 9/27/2014We were here celebrating my mom and I's joint birthday celebration. My family really likes to try new places and have a nice meal with a nice atmosphere for the birthday. Last year we went to a place with good food but awful service while we were the only ones in there and it ruined the evening. I surprised my family with this find and they can't stop talking about it! The food was impeccable, the atmosphere was lovely and they went out of their way to say Happy Birthday. The service was slightly lacking but nothing that was awful, just a little forgetful and slow, but the place was packed so it's to be expected anywhere. I will definitely be coming here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special OccasionsPeterBDined on 9/27/2014As a Bartollota restaurant, Harbor House is excellent. The food and service are always great when we dine there. A little pricey, but well worth it for our son to celebrate his 30 birthday. Only negative is we feel we are sitting with the people at the tables next to us (they are a little too close.)Special Features:
- happydiningDined on 9/27/2014Harbor House was a perfect spot to celebrate a special birthday. Food, service and view was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harbor HouseJGSorDined on 9/26/2014We had a great anniversary dinner at the Harbor House. The atmosphere was wonderful and the view of the museum was great, and the food, wine and deserts were all outstanding, and delivered with warm and professional service. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful evening!atomanDined on 9/23/2014Everything we ordered was excellent! Done to perfection. Wait staff was appropriately attentive, but not distracting.Special Features:
- Great Food - Sporadic ServiceWineLuvrDined on 9/22/2014Our party of three chose Harbor House to celebrate a special occasion. We were seated very soon after a large party (10-12 folks) that was right next to us. Our server was tending to the large party and pretty much forgot us for about 15 minutes. A secondary server brought bread and checked on drinks but beyond that we had to wait. Once our server came to our table her attentions were clearly more focused on the larger group next to us. We had to ask her to tell us about the special. Once our order was in and service began, it was a very enjoyable, well paced meal. The service assistant was conscientious. In all, while the evening started a bit rocky, it finished beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic SpotMidwestfoodieDined on 9/21/2014The food here is great. I've been twice and both times I have throughly enjoyed my choices. The view is absolutely beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDined on 9/21/2014The food was fabulous. I highly recommend the Crab Cake. The waiters were very attentive and responsive to special request. One of my guest had some food sensitivity, the chef and the waiter were able to identify what was contained in the preparation and made suggestion to accommodate her. The view of Lake Michigan is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mrs. Elovegreatfood1Dined on 9/20/2014This experience was wonderful. It is unusual for have outstanding (all) service, food, seating and information. We have been on the patio and inside and usually it can be hit or miss. But this time, it was perfection, I would not have changed anything. It allowed us to have a relaxed enjoyable evening without any stress what so ever. All the meals came as ordered, not rushed, no long delays, we did not have to ask for things and all our questions were answered about the menu and wine listing.Special Features:
- Sirk1234Dined on 9/20/2014Fantastic service and food. The wine list was great and out server recommended the perfect bottle for our meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationhorseladyDined on 9/19/2014We celebrated our son's 33rd birthday at Harbor House. The food was excellent, ambiance wonderful and the service impeccable. The valets who greeted us set the tone for the entire evening. They were friendly, professional and efficient. Everything was great. My only quibble would be that it was very loud and we felt we had to shout to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect lunchChristinaCDined on 9/16/2014The view, the service and the food were perfect. The Crustacean Bisque was exquisite. The Creole Shrimp with polenta was a delicious well crafted dish with in interesting variety of textures and flavors. I highly recommend both.Special Features:
- the harbor house, milwaukeek12456216Dined on 9/15/2014this is a great place to eat and socialize, be it formal or casual. the food and ambience are exquisite. bit pricey but you feel goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentChili73foodieDined on 9/14/2014One of Milwaukee's finest restaurants. I have never been disappointed with my dining experience. The service was exceptional and our brunch was in credible. Best place for brunch in Milwaukee and worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harbor House a Milwaukee Must!ChicagoMikeDined on 9/13/2014Another Bartolotta home run! I surprised my wife with an anniversary dinner at Harbor House this past weekend. We were married last year at Bacchus, another of their stunning venues. I called ahead and asked for their recommendation for a florist to provide a table centerpiece and again, they did not disappoint. The staff recommended The Flower Lady, who created and delivered a beautiful arrangement done in our wedding theme. The staff was amazingly pleasant and attentive to the smallest of details. Our window-side table pre-set with the centerpiece provided the perfect romantic setting with a spectacular late summer view of the scenic lakefront. Our severs (yes, there were two) were amazing, as was the food and general atmosphere. 5 Stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Solid food, pretty expensive, but felt it was worth it given the environment and the beautiful views. Also, right next to the Art Museum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- James party of 4LuveatingoutDined on 9/12/20145 star --now my #1 Milwaukee restaurant--must B on your dining experience list if U haven't been there--- also luv the free valet parking--a real do- overSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!EatingthroughlifeDined on 9/11/2014Everything I ate was delicious - the shrimp, calamari, bisque, and trout. I also like how most of the tables are right on the window. For a special occasion, I will definitely return. Servers were nice and attentive as well.Special Features:
- harbor houselatenightersVIPDined on 9/11/2014always enjoy the Harbor House, fresh oysters with the chef's selection, you can't lose. service was prompt, our server had her hands full with a large party next to us but managed to be at our table for all our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding Anniversary DinnerMarty719Dined on 9/10/2014The restaurant did a nice job of recognizing us on our Anniversary. Service was attentive but not rushed. All items were well prepared and there was lots of food. I really like the Bisque though my Creole Shrimp was a little too bland but still fairly tasty. Overall a good experience and I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always good.PaulRVIPDined on 9/9/2014There are a great deal of critical reviews out there for this restaurant, but I frequent Harbor House fairly frequently for a non-resident, both for business and pleasure, at lunch and dinner. Both clients and my wife have commented on the clean, simple preparation which is always focused on the quality of the main course. Today was no different for my 6 guests. My yellowfin tuna was great, but you must like the fish, as it's not drenched in a sauce or caked with spices and salt. If you love seafood for the flavors of the seafood itself, this place is great. If you're looking for seafood complimenting other flavors, go for the fish tacos. They're good too, according to two of todays guests!Special Features:
- Wedding Anniversary DinnerElizabethDined on 9/7/2014The filet mignon and king crab were amazing. I'm still thinking about how delicious the food was! I'm glad we got to celebrate our wedding anniversary at Harbor House. The views were spectacular and the overall experience was great. Thank you for helping us make our anniversary special.Special Features:
- justthe2ofusDined on 9/7/2014Very nice scenic view overlooking Lake Michigan! Even our teens enjoyed the dinner-The only down side was that they were all out of whole Lobsters when we ordered...however we plan on going back and hopefully we will be able to try them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience with special careDaveDined on 9/7/2014I took my girlfriend to the Harbor House this past Sunday for our 1 year anniversary from our first date. I mentioned this in my OpenTable reservation in "note section" and was not sure anyone had seen it. We were seated at on of the larger booths meant for 6 people. This provided an intimate and private dining experience, while still having a great view of the lake/skyline/art museum. Our server brought us a champagne toast and said she understood we were celebrating a special day. This was an awesome touch, and one that my girlfriend really enjoyed. At the end of the meal, the server brought us a free dessert, and these special touches weren't reflected in our bill. The food was great and the experience was one to remember. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great way to enjoy MilwaukeeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014The food was of high quality and such a great variety. The view from inside or outside is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notch Sunday seafood brunchtubman74Dined on 9/7/2014beautiful views of the harbor, art museum, and Lake Michigan. Loons, geese, and ducks easily in view. The cold and seafood salads, raw bar, and the charcuterie and cheese were highlights of this fantastic brunch buffett. Steep price tag at $39, but worth every penny if you're hungry. Crab legs and eggs benedict of several varieties available and included thru the server and kitchen. Desserts a bit disappointing in choice, but couldn't hold much more anyway.Special Features:
- Great view and servicemkeclemsDined on 9/6/2014We went there for our anniversary wedding with our kids and the service was perfect. We were sitting outside and the meals were perfect. We were offered the dessert, really nice of you. I would recommend to upscale a little bit the ambiance outside with candles onto the tables, undirect colored lights in the patio, etc... that will bring more intimacy and romantism to this place wich has already an extraordinary view !Special Features:
- SkipDined on 9/6/2014Everything about the experience was seamless. Great atmowphere; great food; and great service. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great Place for a casual dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014This is a top notch service. OK service but on a packed day can be a little slow but they're is two servers per table. Food is goodSpecial Features:
- Slow Start, Great FinishAnonymousVIPDined on 9/6/2014Decided to celebrate my Mom and Dad's 60th anniversary at Harbor House. We have dined here before as well as all of the other Bartolotta restaurants in the city and we were expecting a great experience. Since we arrived early, we wanted to have a drink outside prior to dining inside. We sat at a high top table and waiting 10 minutes while server after server walked past us. Walked over to the bar to order drinks and the person there said, "I am not a bartender" and said he did not know where his bartender was? Finally someone came to take our drink order. Very uncharacteristic start for a Bartolotta establishment. Things got better from there and the dinner was very nice, with the wait staff acknowledging the special occasion.Special Features:
- CHickenluv2eatDined on 9/6/2014The roast chicken was unbelievable! The main lobster was great and the filet was ok, I have had better!Special Features:
- Good times at Harbor HouseEatWell1Dined on 9/6/2014My family of five recently had a great dinner at Harbor House. The service was excellent, and the food was very good. I had the Maine lobster, and my only criticism was that it was a bit overcooked. Drinks, appetizers, salads and desserts were excellent. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Don't Sit OutsideJerseygirl70Dined on 9/6/2014Our 3rd visit here since Jan. It was a lovely sunny day so we asked to sit outside, guess everyone else did also. Once seated, we sat for 10 minutes without so much as eye contact from any servers, who were very busy but how long does it take to say "I'll be with you in a moment" After 15 minutes the hostess came by the table plunked down two glasses of water and walked away. Again no communication not even "someone will be with you shortly" After sitting for a half hour we got up and went inside and asked to be seated. Doing this required us walking past the hostess who delivered the water, she just looked at us, again no communication. Once inside the service was attentive, and the food was good. We'll go back, just not outside.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/6/2014It took our server 10 minutes to first come to our table and basically she set our water down, said she would be our server and left without taking a drink order. It took 10 min more before she came back and asked if we wanted something to drink. At this point, we ordered everything at one time since we were worried we would not see her again. I ordered the crab cake sandwich. Crab cake was about 1/2 the size of the bun! For $15! I had asked for mayo on the side, did not get it asked her to bring it. My husband had asked for sour cream too. I sat there letting my sandwich get cold took 5 min. Still did not have the sour cream. Had to ask again. At the end we had to get up and go to the recept area to get our check
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014My wife and I were traveling for her birthday and this place was recommended by a freind in the area. The food was delicious and the drinks were very tasty. The service outside was sketchy at best as the workers didn't seem interested in waiting on people. Inside was a different story, the bartender was friendly and made several recommendations of local brews to try. At dinner our two servers were excellent as they were able to accomodate changes to the menu and their service was impeccable. They topped the meal of wonderfully with a complimentry champagne toast and dessert for my wife's birthday.Special Features: