550 N. Harbor Dr
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harborhousemke.com/
- Phone: 4143954900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Sunday only 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Zach Espinosa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Harbor House can create the perfect social or business event for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Molly McCarthy 4143954900x4904
- Entertainment: We have music on our patio every Sunday from 4-7 pm from June through August.
- Special Events: go to http://harborhousemke.com/events/ to see our most recent events at Harbor House!
A word from Harbor House
Located on the shores of Lake Michigan in Downtown Milwaukee, Harbor House replicates a New England style seafood restaurant commonly found on Cape Cod and Nantucket. The menu features a wide array of fresh seafood, salads, sandwiches, pastas, steaks, and chops. Additionally, Harbor House features two outdoor patios.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Harbor House - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Harbor House reviews from OpenTable diners
428 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (365)special occasion (313)romantic (230)fit for foodies (164)great for outdoor dining (131)notable wine list (108)good for groups (91)great for brunch (83)great for lunch (73)neighborhood gem (51)hot spot (40)vibrant bar scene (37)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- Over priced for what it is1964KJDined on 10/22/2014The restaurant itself boasts a impression that you have food like you've never tasted before. In my opinion it was ok but nothing to write home about and for sure overpriced. There are alot of restaurants around town, where the food and service are mucj greater and a lesser cost. Its obvious that you are paying for the name.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014This is a great location. The Sunday brunch was outstanding. Lots of seafood options as well as all of the standard brunch options. The view is one of the best in Milwaukee.Special Features:
- Great Place for Special Occasions!FoodieWannabeDined on 10/19/2014I have dined at the Harbor House twice in the past two months to celebrate wedding anniversaries. The service is outstanding and the view is spectacular. I'll be going back many times in the years to come. Love, love, LOVE this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, decent experienceSeafoodsteakDined on 10/18/2014We had 8:15 reservations and were sat immediately. We were greeted by 2 waitresses who would be taking care of us for the night. One waitress was friendly, outgoing while the other could care less if she was there. We placed an order for drinks, appetizers and oysters. It took about 20-25 minutes for the oysters to arrive. We finished the oysters and apps and still had not heard from the waitress to take our order. Finally ordered and the food came in good time. I ordered the steak medium rare and it came medium well. The scallops were perfect and the clam chowder was great. Overall it was a good night out but I don't think I would return. There are better options in Milwaukee for the overall service, quality and price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood and ViewLejieDined on 10/18/2014Like it says, Great Seafood and View. You are on the lake, just beautiful. We had Stone Crab Claws ( in season) , Mussels, Lobster Fricassee, and a 2lb Lobster. Everything was fresh and cooked perfectly. Only drawbacks were stone crab a little pricey ( but they told us and we agreed) and a longer than normal lull between appetizers and our entrees, but the company was great and so were the views so we didn't mind too much. If you want seafood in the land of sausages and cheese ( not that there is anything wrong with sausages and cheese), this is your place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014After hearing good reviews overall, plus being a Bartollota restaurant, we assumed it would be great. The two servers we had were excellent, but the food was fair at best. Lobster tails overcooked, and hard to extract from the shells. Should have been done for the guest. Oyster medley, one out of the three were good, the other two, poor flavor and did not seem very fresh. Sad when the carrot cake was the highlight of a $150 meal.Special Features:
- Great Night OutHappyDiner2252Dined on 10/18/2014If you are looking for a great "Date Night" place, Harbor House is definitely a must! The atmosphere is perfect for a romantic night out, you have the art museum and lake as your views. The food was amazing and service was spot on! I must recommend the Apple/Pear martini, to good for words.Special Features:
- Sea BassDomscjDined on 10/17/2014I think it would have been better if the fish had been filleted.Special Features:
- great service good food nice viewDinerdaveDined on 10/17/2014The service was great, the food was good, drinks were excellent, love the interior of the place and the view is great. We would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuAlexDined on 10/17/2014The menu is fantastic. I ordered the steamed salmon with polenta and it was phenomonal. I normally do not like salmon. It just melted in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunch and Diningtorbie65Dined on 10/16/2014I loved this place. I can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Great place for a special occasion. wait staff was extremely friendly very informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view.CindyDined on 10/12/2014Loved the view at the restaurant. The food and service was very good. I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerbillDined on 10/12/2014everything was excellent..the view of milw lakefront, the service, the food, all were very,very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchMelissaDined on 10/12/2014This is our favorite spot for brunch. Seafood selections are fresh and delicious. The view is lovely and the service is perfect.Special Features:
- A great seafood dinnerDbabbDined on 10/11/2014Seated promptly at our reservation time (8:00), and service was great from start to finish. Fresh seafood was clearly their specialty. I had a whole branzino cooked perfectly and my husband loved his cioppinno. We would love to go back when the weather is warm to sit outside. It is a bit pricey, but we felt it was worth it. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJustKookinDined on 10/11/2014Visited Harbor House for my mother-in-laws birthday. The night was amazing. Can't wait to head back and do it all over again!Special Features:
- We arrived early and waited at theDavidhDined on 10/11/2014bar for five minutes until the bar crew noticed we were there and another couple of minutes to take our order. The appetizers were good and we were seated on time. We ordered off the menu and it took two hours from when we ordered until when we left the restaurant which was 45 minutes longer than necessary. The wait staff team we had huddled by the bar half the time instead of attending to our needs. Food was fair not great.
- Like visiting an old friendMcFoxyDined on 10/10/2014Having moved away from the area It is so nice to return to one of our favorite Bartollotta Restaurants, the Harbor House. It's like visiting an old friend who happens to have a stellar wine list and amazing chops in the kitchen. Never disappointed.Special Features:
- luv2dineOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014excellent food and service. noise level pretty highI would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary TreatJannyDined on 10/10/2014The food couldn't have been better. We were looking for a place for seafood and Harbor House was an excellent choice. Our server had great recommendations, and definitely knew the menu. Service was top-notch, quick and courteous. Will recommend to our friends and family. The view and overall atmosphere just added to the great experience. Thanks to allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood selection & view.BeckyMaeDined on 10/10/2014The selection for seafood is wonderful at Harbor House. My husband had the Great Lakes Walleye and said it was prepared and tasted very good. Portions were small in our opinion for the price, but the chicken I had was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuncheonworldwideDined on 10/10/2014Scenic view, waitress was kind but service was poor, food was average.Special Features:
- Amazing sea foodMkedinerDined on 10/9/2014Every bite made me smile. We had the mussels as an appetizer, my girlfriend had the cioppino and I had the herb crusted cod. It was hands down the best I've ever tasted. The view was beautiful as always and the service perfect from the valet parking to the wait staff.Special Features:
- Excellent diningHungrydogDined on 10/7/2014This was our first time a Harbor House and came for our anniversary. We were seated immediately and had excellent service throughout the evening. The food was great. The crabcake appetizer was the best I'd had outside of Maryland. Seared yellowfine tuna was grilled to perfection, medium rare just as I ordered. Creole shrimp was great too. And of course the view of the lake and city skyline are best in the city. Harbor House was an excellent choice and the made our anniversery evening very special.Special Features:
- luv2eatDined on 10/7/2014the service was fantastic so was the food I will come there again for birthdays anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- starving6Dined on 10/5/2014The food varied from plate to plate. The walleye with vegetables was very tasty. The cod was described as herb crusted. It was a pesto green paste instead and was not anything special. The salmon and filet was okay. The clam chowder and crustecean bisque were terrific. If I hadn't had the soup, I would be much less impressed. The atmosphere was very pretty with a great lake view and Art Museum in sight. The waitstaff was very polite and approachable, but a major mistake was made on serving us another table's food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seared Yellowfin Tuna - AMAZINGjosephDined on 10/3/2014Great date restaurant. Food was amazing, great wine list, and had the perfect level of noise from surrounding tables where you could tell everyone was enjoying themselves but it did not disturb conversation at your table. Wish we didn't go after sunset as the view looked to be spectacular.Special Features:
- RazzyawesomeRazzyAwesomeDined on 10/3/2014I have been to Harbor House numerous times and it always is an excellent experience. The seafood is outstanding. The view of the city is breathtaking. This is an A+ restaurant not to be missed.Special Features:
- Birthday done wellChristopherandDeannaDined on 10/3/2014My seating assignment was honored and birthday was handled well service was great food was good see you next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigfoot619Dined on 10/3/2014The hostess were articulate and well informed to our time arrival with guess; she was prompt in seating us upon arrival of the birthday guess. She also made sure that our waitress was informed of my special request. Very Good Job!!!!!!!bSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FloridahDined on 10/3/2014Great food and scenic view. One of the best restaurants in Milwaukee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- COLD FOODPoppyDined on 10/3/2014Husband orders a medium filet which was well done and my Lobster Fricasse was cold. Servers love the BAR area and couldn't figure out who had our table.....Devon and Carissa finally came. Didn't complain about the cold food or well done steak because we could not get their attention until halfway through the meal. We were not looking for a free-bee so didn't complain to management but for the prices you pay you should have " runners" in the kitchen get the food out before this place looses their reputation.Special Features:
- Great late dinnerCatfanVIPDined on 10/1/2014We were at an event at the art museum and last minute decided to go out to dinner. We made a late reservation, were happy to see the restaurant still fairly full when we arrived, and we were glad we chose Harbour House over our other options. Wonderful pre-dinner cocktail, we both had the roast chicken (delicious) and some great wine from their fairly extensive list. Service was a little off on this visit, but the food more than made up for it. Great view, day or night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!megpal1979Dined on 9/30/2014My husband picked Harbor House for his birthday dinner. We had never been there before, but wanted to try it out based on the reviews. I have to say we were very impressed! For a date night place this is perfect, we had our 3 kids with us who are quit young yet...I really wouldn't recommend this place if you have very young kids as the atmosphere is geared more to adults. They did have a nice kids menu though. The service was amazing! We had two servers who were very attentive we didn't have to wait for anything. The view from the windows was also very relaxing and pretty. Can't wait to go again without the kids!Special Features:
- Nice eveningPortionControl1Dined on 9/29/2014Really enjoyed this restaurant food was good, service was adequately attentive and timely without being overdone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really NiceBeaJVIPDined on 9/28/2014A really great gathering place for a family brunch. Having visited a few times now, I would like to see the menu expand to include a couple different dishes, even on a rotating basis, however, there is plenty to choose from. If I may make a suggestion, a bottomless drink (Mimosa, or Bloody Mary or Champagne (maybe)) would be such an added bonus (just saying). But Harbor House is such a nice alternative to the other options in the city.Special Features:
- Memorable Anniversary BrunchSupperSallyDined on 9/28/2014We chose Harbor House Sunday brunch for our 29th anniversary celebration. We love the Lake Michigan view. They do seafood right! It's special occasion lunch/brunch affordable. My husband loved the raw oyster bar. I loved the different food stations with signs stating the ingredients (I am a pescaterian & do not eat pork or beef). Everything from the "seafood pot pie" (a bisque) to the green salads, fresh fruit, lox, small-sized desserts including key lime parfait, is terrific. Carnivores may enjoy a generous carving station. It's fun to see families and other diners dressed in their Sunday best. Our waiter did not keep our water glasses full or silverware replenished; he was busy with large groups. Overall, he did a good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Abysmal ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014The overall experience was very disappointing. Service was abysmal
- This is a Bartolotta's?!Buttercup06Dined on 9/27/2014Lake Park Bistro is our favorite so we thought we'd try this Bartolotta's restaurant (even though the rewards card isn't good here for some reason). First, they have $4 valet parking which we didn't like right off the bat so we drove around trying to find a free parking spot. Then we sat at the bar for about 20 minutes waiting for a table (even though there were plenty of open tables). None of the 3-4 bartenders even looked at us while we sat at the bar for the first 15 minutes. Very noisy and expensive (but not worth it) restaurant. Very disappointed. We will never go back.Special Features: