550 N. Harbor Dr
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harborhousemke.com/
- Phone: 4143954900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Sunday only 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Zach Espinosa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Harbor House can create the perfect social or business event for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Molly McCarthy 4143954900x4904
- Entertainment: We have music on our patio every Sunday from 4-7 pm from June through August.
- Special Events: go to http://harborhousemke.com/events/ to see our most recent events at Harbor House!
A word from Harbor House
Located on the shores of Lake Michigan in Downtown Milwaukee, Harbor House replicates a New England style seafood restaurant commonly found on Cape Cod and Nantucket. The menu features a wide array of fresh seafood, salads, sandwiches, pastas, steaks, and chops. Additionally, Harbor House features two outdoor patios.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Harbor House - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Harbor House reviews from OpenTable diners
448 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (392)special occasion (323)romantic (235)fit for foodies (157)great for outdoor dining (156)notable wine list (112)good for groups (101)great for brunch (99)great for lunch (88)neighborhood gem (51)vibrant bar scene (41)hot spot (40)kid-friendly (20)late-night find (16)Show More
- Perfect lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/16/2014The view, the service and the food were perfect. The Crustacean Bisque was exquisite. The Creole Shrimp with polenta was a delicious well crafted dish with in interesting variety of textures and flavors. I highly recommend both.Special Features:
- the harbor house, milwaukeek12456216Dined on 9/15/2014this is a great place to eat and socialize, be it formal or casual. the food and ambience are exquisite. bit pricey but you feel goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentChili73foodieDined on 9/14/2014One of Milwaukee's finest restaurants. I have never been disappointed with my dining experience. The service was exceptional and our brunch was in credible. Best place for brunch in Milwaukee and worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harbor House a Milwaukee Must!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Another Bartolotta home run! I surprised my wife with an anniversary dinner at Harbor House this past weekend. We were married last year at Bacchus, another of their stunning venues. I called ahead and asked for their recommendation for a florist to provide a table centerpiece and again, they did not disappoint. The staff recommended The Flower Lady, who created and delivered a beautiful arrangement done in our wedding theme. The staff was amazingly pleasant and attentive to the smallest of details. Our window-side table pre-set with the centerpiece provided the perfect romantic setting with a spectacular late summer view of the scenic lakefront. Our severs (yes, there were two) were amazing, as was the food and general atmosphere. 5 Stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Solid food, pretty expensive, but felt it was worth it given the environment and the beautiful views. Also, right next to the Art Museum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- James party of 4LuveatingoutDined on 9/12/20145 star --now my #1 Milwaukee restaurant--must B on your dining experience list if U haven't been there--- also luv the free valet parking--a real do- overSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!EatingthroughlifeDined on 9/11/2014Everything I ate was delicious - the shrimp, calamari, bisque, and trout. I also like how most of the tables are right on the window. For a special occasion, I will definitely return. Servers were nice and attentive as well.Special Features:
- harbor houselatenightersVIPDined on 9/11/2014always enjoy the Harbor House, fresh oysters with the chef's selection, you can't lose. service was prompt, our server had her hands full with a large party next to us but managed to be at our table for all our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding Anniversary DinnerMarty719Dined on 9/10/2014The restaurant did a nice job of recognizing us on our Anniversary. Service was attentive but not rushed. All items were well prepared and there was lots of food. I really like the Bisque though my Creole Shrimp was a little too bland but still fairly tasty. Overall a good experience and I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always good.PaulRVIPDined on 9/9/2014There are a great deal of critical reviews out there for this restaurant, but I frequent Harbor House fairly frequently for a non-resident, both for business and pleasure, at lunch and dinner. Both clients and my wife have commented on the clean, simple preparation which is always focused on the quality of the main course. Today was no different for my 6 guests. My yellowfin tuna was great, but you must like the fish, as it's not drenched in a sauce or caked with spices and salt. If you love seafood for the flavors of the seafood itself, this place is great. If you're looking for seafood complimenting other flavors, go for the fish tacos. They're good too, according to two of todays guests!Special Features:
- Wedding Anniversary DinnerElizabethDined on 9/7/2014The filet mignon and king crab were amazing. I'm still thinking about how delicious the food was! I'm glad we got to celebrate our wedding anniversary at Harbor House. The views were spectacular and the overall experience was great. Thank you for helping us make our anniversary special.Special Features:
- justthe2ofusDined on 9/7/2014Very nice scenic view overlooking Lake Michigan! Even our teens enjoyed the dinner-The only down side was that they were all out of whole Lobsters when we ordered...however we plan on going back and hopefully we will be able to try them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience with special careDaveDined on 9/7/2014I took my girlfriend to the Harbor House this past Sunday for our 1 year anniversary from our first date. I mentioned this in my OpenTable reservation in "note section" and was not sure anyone had seen it. We were seated at on of the larger booths meant for 6 people. This provided an intimate and private dining experience, while still having a great view of the lake/skyline/art museum. Our server brought us a champagne toast and said she understood we were celebrating a special day. This was an awesome touch, and one that my girlfriend really enjoyed. At the end of the meal, the server brought us a free dessert, and these special touches weren't reflected in our bill. The food was great and the experience was one to remember. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great way to enjoy MilwaukeeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014The food was of high quality and such a great variety. The view from inside or outside is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notch Sunday seafood brunchtubman74Dined on 9/7/2014beautiful views of the harbor, art museum, and Lake Michigan. Loons, geese, and ducks easily in view. The cold and seafood salads, raw bar, and the charcuterie and cheese were highlights of this fantastic brunch buffett. Steep price tag at $39, but worth every penny if you're hungry. Crab legs and eggs benedict of several varieties available and included thru the server and kitchen. Desserts a bit disappointing in choice, but couldn't hold much more anyway.Special Features:
- Great view and servicemkeclemsDined on 9/6/2014We went there for our anniversary wedding with our kids and the service was perfect. We were sitting outside and the meals were perfect. We were offered the dessert, really nice of you. I would recommend to upscale a little bit the ambiance outside with candles onto the tables, undirect colored lights in the patio, etc... that will bring more intimacy and romantism to this place wich has already an extraordinary view !Special Features:
- SkipDined on 9/6/2014Everything about the experience was seamless. Great atmowphere; great food; and great service. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great Place for a casual dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014This is a top notch service. OK service but on a packed day can be a little slow but they're is two servers per table. Food is goodSpecial Features:
- Slow Start, Great FinishAnonymousVIPDined on 9/6/2014Decided to celebrate my Mom and Dad's 60th anniversary at Harbor House. We have dined here before as well as all of the other Bartolotta restaurants in the city and we were expecting a great experience. Since we arrived early, we wanted to have a drink outside prior to dining inside. We sat at a high top table and waiting 10 minutes while server after server walked past us. Walked over to the bar to order drinks and the person there said, "I am not a bartender" and said he did not know where his bartender was? Finally someone came to take our drink order. Very uncharacteristic start for a Bartolotta establishment. Things got better from there and the dinner was very nice, with the wait staff acknowledging the special occasion.Special Features:
- CHickenluv2eatDined on 9/6/2014The roast chicken was unbelievable! The main lobster was great and the filet was ok, I have had better!Special Features:
- Good times at Harbor HouseEatWell1Dined on 9/6/2014My family of five recently had a great dinner at Harbor House. The service was excellent, and the food was very good. I had the Maine lobster, and my only criticism was that it was a bit overcooked. Drinks, appetizers, salads and desserts were excellent. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Don't Sit OutsideJerseygirl70Dined on 9/6/2014Our 3rd visit here since Jan. It was a lovely sunny day so we asked to sit outside, guess everyone else did also. Once seated, we sat for 10 minutes without so much as eye contact from any servers, who were very busy but how long does it take to say "I'll be with you in a moment" After 15 minutes the hostess came by the table plunked down two glasses of water and walked away. Again no communication not even "someone will be with you shortly" After sitting for a half hour we got up and went inside and asked to be seated. Doing this required us walking past the hostess who delivered the water, she just looked at us, again no communication. Once inside the service was attentive, and the food was good. We'll go back, just not outside.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/6/2014It took our server 10 minutes to first come to our table and basically she set our water down, said she would be our server and left without taking a drink order. It took 10 min more before she came back and asked if we wanted something to drink. At this point, we ordered everything at one time since we were worried we would not see her again. I ordered the crab cake sandwich. Crab cake was about 1/2 the size of the bun! For $15! I had asked for mayo on the side, did not get it asked her to bring it. My husband had asked for sour cream too. I sat there letting my sandwich get cold took 5 min. Still did not have the sour cream. Had to ask again. At the end we had to get up and go to the recept area to get our check
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014My wife and I were traveling for her birthday and this place was recommended by a freind in the area. The food was delicious and the drinks were very tasty. The service outside was sketchy at best as the workers didn't seem interested in waiting on people. Inside was a different story, the bartender was friendly and made several recommendations of local brews to try. At dinner our two servers were excellent as they were able to accomodate changes to the menu and their service was impeccable. They topped the meal of wonderfully with a complimentry champagne toast and dessert for my wife's birthday.Special Features:
- Cheaper food optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Our group wanted the ambiance, without the more expensive dishes, so we all ordered from the sandwhich menu. Lobster rolls were decent, but toasted roll was cold. Fish sandwhich was decent. I'm sure the more expensive dishes are better.Special Features:
- Nice Romantic RestaurantJordanDined on 9/2/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary and the view and food was excellent along with the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood;attentive wait staffTrishaDined on 9/2/2014Birthday dinner for my husband Great table at window with terrific views of Milwaukee skyline. Delicious seafood, attentive servers. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food with a view!Blueskies51Dined on 8/31/2014All you can eat buffet for set price with alcohol the only extra. Impeccable service, delicious food with something for everyone. Quite simply the best brunch in Milwaukee.Special Features:
- Lacking for a Birthday CelebrationFoodie247VIPDined on 8/30/2014As a seafood lover I have a wide variety of food places I have dined previously and am an amateur chef who enjoys cooking fish. I ordered the yellowfin tuna and my girl friend ordered mahi mahi with salads and a few glasses of wine. We received our salads 45 minutes later, which were good. The service here is way below expectation for a high end restaurant. I ordered my tuna rare after being asked by our server Chris. Both dishes had good presentation. The tuna was cooked medium to medium-well, lacked flavor, and had me feeling like anyone with a Pinterest account could make a more flavorful yellowfin tuna dish. The mahi mahi was more flavorful and was more of a tropical recipe my girlfriend liked, but I didn't care for as much.Special Features:
- Excellent with a caveatrick1Dined on 8/30/2014Other than texting me a fay later saying I didn't keep my reservation everything was excellent. Very disappointed that a restaurant like H House can't keep track of who shows up and who doesn't. Has that issue been rectified?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!Table33Dined on 8/29/2014First experience with Harbor House and it was AWESOME!!!!! Food was excellent and so was the service. Clarissa and Joelle were wonderful. Chef Zachary has definitely made Harbor House a great dining experience. Will definitely go again!Special Features:
- Winner winner seafood dinnerZakRDined on 8/27/2014Fantastic experience in all aspects. We arrived early for our reservation and were offered to wait at the bar. Had a couple of very well made cocktails and then the hostess seated us in a timely manner. Wait staff was knowledgeable and very friendly. Very attentive even though it was busy. Food was outstanding and worth every penny. This was for my wife's birthday as I had noted in my online reservation and they brought out a meringue dessert on the house, which was also really tasty and perfect to share. Pricy for us, but great for special occasions. Overall, outstanding experience and will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodating MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014We really enjoyed our meal as always and the waitress brought a dessert surprise to the birthday person and the waiter was very helpful making accommodations for vegetarian daughter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with a great viewolderwiserVIPDined on 8/27/2014More pros than cons. Excellent choices of lunch entrees with a nice emphasis on seafood. Express menu entree items not as desirable as the rest of the menu. Beautiful view of the Milwaukee skyline and Lake Michigan. Convenient valet parking for a small fee. Cons: I did not expect to be required to call the restaurant the day before our reservation to confirm. That was somewhat of a nuisance, but I feared losing our Open Table reservation if I neglected to make the phone call.Special Features:
- Harbor Housemm1234Dined on 8/25/2014Have been there twice recently and service was just okay both times. This visit the server seemed very uninterested and not real friendly. Food was good, as is the ambiance. Best locations are by the windows or in the room closest to the lake. Not sure it is worth the price, as there are better restaurants in Milwaukee. However, strictly for the location and/or the many seafood choices this is a good choice.
- Underwhelmednew2baysideDined on 8/24/2014Service was slow although we had two servers. The food was average - nothing extraordinary for the price. The spinach was very salty. I will say that since we were celebrating two birthdays with out of town friends, our shared dessert was complimentary. I don't know if the valet parking is in place all the time or if it was needed because of Festa Mexicana. It was the only way we could park that evening. We are not really motivated to return any time soon.Special Features:
- Really Good BrunchBeaJVIPDined on 8/24/2014The variety of foods offered at the Sunday brunch is definitely worth the price of this dining experience. The only thing that I sort of struggled with is the hostess seating our party at a booth. Now this is not a "bad" option for dining that doesn't require getting up/down, sliding in/out for each trip to the buffet line(s), but when the party of 5 includes 2 elderly diners (one with an assistance stick), the booth is not the better choice. Overall, the ambiance is stellar and the food options are worth going back to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestBrunchingDined on 8/24/2014Brunch is the best! The seafood is fresh and plentiful! The salads and omlettes are delicious! There are items I have not even tried yet. The view is spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not so great serviceSireatalotDined on 8/23/2014Bar staff - not particularly attentive or efficient upon arrival. Freddy was great at accommodating our table request but the wait staff lacked any personality at all. Nice view and ambience and food was great. If service could match the quality of the food this would be a very good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Wonderful food and great table. Could have used a coffee refill and better clearing of dishes but overall a very enjoyable nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.