62-100 Kauna’oa Drive
Kamuela, HI 96743Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.princeresortshawaii.com/hakone-steakhou
- Phone: 8088801111
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Peter Abarcar, Jr.
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant
A word from Hapuna-Hakone
The Hakone Buffet features authentic Japanese cuisine with all of your favorites including assorted sushi, peel-n-eat shrimp, crab claws, shrimp tempura, tri-tip teriyaki steak, steamed clams, tonkatsu, dim sum basket, and much more!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hapuna-Hakone reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelQuiet
kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)romantic (1)good for groups (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Service was outstanding!3furybabiesmamaDined on 8/9/2014If you can get a table as soon as the restaurant opens I would highly suggest it. The selection of food was amazing. Sad to say that I didn't get to try everything but we made sure our plates were empty and ready for the second round. The staff were so friendly and very hospitable. Awesome view as you approach the main lobby and walk to the restaurant. Nice to hear live hawaiian music from the main lobby as you walk to the restaurant as well. We will book another dining experience at Hakone again. Mahalo!Special Features:
- The following 3 reviews are from the Hapuna-Hakone reviews archive.
- Could refill the sushi onPlanetRVIPDined on 2/2/2013Could refill the sushi on the buffet more frequently. Otherwise very good.
- The service was great butvolcanomanVIPDined on 1/19/2013The service was great but the quality of the food was not and the presentation was even worse. In my opinion, a sashimi plate should be a centerpiece to a Japanese restaurant, but it seemed like it was just a chore that the chef did not want, and the lack of effort showed in the lack of any style in the presentation. Shocking considering this is one of the highest priced restaurants, I really expected more.
- Japanese buffet not terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/5/2012Japanese buffet not terrific and pricey. More cafeteria style than buffet. Restaurant dark and gloomy. Just reopened but they need to upgrade food and presentation.