Hapa Sushi Grill and Sake Bar Lodo
1514 Blake Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Hapa Sushi Grill and Sake Bar Lodo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hapasushi.com/
- Phone: (720) 354-5058
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Hawaiian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Join us every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night for live entertainment. Starting at 9:30pm to midnight every weekend, we have a live DJ spinning the latest tracks. Enjoy our late night happy hour including half off appetizers, cocktail specials, and 2 for $7 rolls from 10pm to midnight!!
A word from Hapa Sushi Grill and Sake Bar Lodo
The name Hapa is derived from the Hawaiian term that describes a harmonious blend of Asian and American cultures. Like our name, our food reflects this dynamic combination. The menu is based on traditional Japanese cooking fundamentals which are then amplified, muted, or mixed with influences from many different styles of cooking until they are something completely new: they’re Hapa. We have stretched the boundaries of creativity to develop dishes that defy all the rules while holding true to our roots. We hope you will find our menu innovative, uninhibited, and distinctly fun! Incomplete parties will not be sat until complete.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Hapa Sushi Grill and Sake Bar Lodo - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Hapa Sushi Grill and Sake Bar Lodo reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (21)good for groups (17)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (15)late-night find (12)great for lunch (11)special occasion (8)vibrant bar scene (6)romantic (5)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Didn't even eat...DEEMVIPDined on 11/7/2014I frequent Hapa... always a good experience. Guess a bad one was bound to pop up. Busy night, so understandable, but service was awful. Food arrived but was taken away.. twice, they made a mistake to bring another table's food over. Eventually, 2/3 in our party ate. One never got the food. Took a long time. It was the waitress' first night so we'll cut them some slack. Spoke to the manager to cancel the 1/3 who still hadn't eaten an hour later... he apologized for the problems and hooked it up with a gift card for a future visit. We will be back and love Hapa but, again, just speaking the truth for a poor experience one night, which the manager did his best to amend.
- Very Fresh & tasty seafoodJLouiseVIPDined on 11/3/2014Highly recommend the sashimi combination platter. the attmsophere has a quantmess to it.Special Features:
- Definitely coming backTommyDined on 10/31/2014My wife and I came here last Friday night before a show and absolutely loved it. Polite service, ~50% off HH menu and very good/original menu.Special Features:
- not the best sushiasulzbachDined on 10/24/2014My husband and I have had sushi all around the usa and by far this was not our favorite. The nori was way to chewy and got stuck in out teeth. The sticky rice was dry and hard. We never had the "OMG this is so good" moment. The name of the rolls are fun but that's all that needs to be said about this restaurant.Special Features:
- YikesMcLovin76Dined on 10/18/2014We've been to a few of their other locations and were shocked at how poor the food was. Honestly I've had better sushi from City Market. One roll tasted like it came from the refrigerator from a few days ago. Perhaps they are seeing a drop in volume and therefore not able to order as much fresh fish?
- fun spotluvgr8foodDined on 10/17/2014Modern decor and fun! Great names for the sushi rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum HapaJohnsozaDined on 9/27/2014Very sushi. Much yum. Great fish. Great rice. Great flavors. Great beer. Date night win. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Sushi Never Disappoints!Mthede1VIPDined on 9/27/2014...also tried the noodle bowl which was delicious. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Happy Hour HavenDEEMVIPDined on 9/26/2014Good for late-night happy hour. Fine experience. Nothing special.
- Great sushi experienceKteamDined on 9/26/2014Great service, great ambiance. Good was prepared and presented perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Great Happy Hour deals and sushi. Service was spot on. She was slammed at the end of happy hour made sure everyone was happy.Special Features:
- Awesome service and good sushi!Foodexplorer24Dined on 9/19/2014I loooove when I get great service and the server has a great personality too! Carley was our server and was awesome! The guy who took me on the date here has a tendency to be needy/annoying and she handled it perfectly! If I was serving I would've lost my patience a while ago. (I did on the date) luckily her charm and the good sushi, beer and great atmosphere kept me happy! The sushi was really good and delicious, it did fall apart easily though. It's definitely not the best rolled but hey it's all going in your stomach anyways. I'll defintely be back but next time probably with a couple girlfriends or a group of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service AND great happy hour.DEEMVIPDined on 9/5/2014The waiter (a young man from NY, I believe) was REALLY nice and offered great service and even comp'ed some food on his own tab for us. Great experience.
- Excellent dinnerCaseyDined on 9/1/2014Staff was very friendly, waiter was very accommodating, environment was great. Food was amazing!! Look forward to my next visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WINELOVERDined on 9/1/2014I thought the service was a bit slow and impersonal. This location may have a bigger dining area but I feel the other location I've been to has a much better feel to it. The food was okay - sometimes ambiance can affect the taste of the meal. Probably won't go out of the way to go back to this location when I can have a better dining experience at the other ones.
- Love Hapa SushiJaneDined on 8/10/2014I had only eaten at the Hapa Sushi in Cherry Creek before, so it was great to find this location when we went downtown to attend a theater production. The tuna did not seem quite as fresh as usual, but then this was Sunday evening. Every thing else was very, very good. And the service was beyond outstanding: attentive, efficient, and gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerPamelaDined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed celebrating my son's birthday dinner with friends. Our waiter was very helpful and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentetcwestDined on 8/3/2014Visited on a Sun during Happy Hour, our server, Kortney, was awesome. She knew the menu and was very confidant suggested pairings. She was attentive with everything, we never had to look for her but she also wasn't overbearing. Food was decent tasting, quality and priced, I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.Luv2dineDined on 7/31/2014The good was good however we came during lunch and the service was not spectacular. It was kind of slow and took a while to get the checks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatEatsOutOnOccasionVIPDined on 7/30/2014It's been awhile since I have stepped into Hapa and I'm glad I had the opportunity. The food and atmosphere was great. The hand rolls were just right for lunch. Staff was nice and made sure I felt like old family coming back for a regular visit. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendly waiter and sushi chefMutantAsianVIPDined on 7/29/2014Attentive service. I was in a rush, sadly--the service was quick and friendly.
- The following 147 reviews are from the Hapa Sushi Grill and Sake Bar Lodo reviews archive.
- Always a good lunchjrichardDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I always enjoy our trips to hapa. They have good sushi and starters. Never disappointed by a lunch date with my bride at Hapa. Always a good choice.Special Features:
- Modern comfortable sushi spotTuorDined on 7/21/2014Quality sushi with surprisingly delicious soups and large saké list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingjj2denverVIPDined on 7/8/2014This restaurant should not be rated above two. They advertise valet parking which didn't exist. The waitress brought our order and then disappeared for long periods of time - we waited to order additional sushi, and we waited to get water refilled and we gave up on further cocktails. Only the bill arrived on time. The sushi was also disappointing though the fish quality was good. Rolls and nigiri both self destructed when we tried to pick them up. Skip this one.
- Excellent Happy HourChinofoodluverDined on 7/7/2014This was a restaurant picked from Open Table. It was very good. We were there for Happy Hour and could not believe the food we got for the money. Thank you for a great experience.Special Features:
- Interesting sushi selectionWorldwidetravelerDined on 7/5/2014The first time at napa sushi lodo. I found the food very interesting with new sushi items I've never seen before. The ambiance was nice with a friendly wait staff. The restaurant was very busy yet noise level was a 2level. It was quite enjoyable and I do plan to go back and try several other items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousStephODined on 6/28/2014I went here for dinner on Saturday night, and the sushi was delicious as always. It was pretty crowded, but the service was great. Definitely recommend it for anyone who likes sushi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun place for a night outLittletonFoodieDined on 6/28/2014Great place, with wonderful food! Always enjoyableSpecial Features:
- Great Happy Hour Menu!LilAmpDined on 6/20/2014Went here for an early dinner with an out of town friend. The happy hour drinks and food hit the spot!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- liyingguDined on 6/16/2014Just a traditional Japanese Sushi, nothing surprise or innovative.
- food was greatLisaMVIPDined on 6/13/2014We loved the Multiple Orgasm roll and the Rock N Roll spicy shrimp roll!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014There were many choices in the area for Sushi. Great selection and great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Date Night or Groupsjoeyg303Dined on 5/16/2014This place is a great spot for date night or to go with a group of friends. The sushi is outstanding and the names of the Hapa Original rolls will keep everyone laughing. I would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early DinnerTNazzVIPDined on 5/16/2014My wife and I decided to visit Hapa before the play Friday evening. The hostess asked if we would like to be seated to participate in Happy Hour and we decided to sit in the bar area. The food was great and the Happy Hour prices were even better. My wife enjoyed the evening that she can't wait to go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2014Always great service and consistent quality of food. Definite repeat customer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hapa SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Great sushi, service was quick and the people were nice. I really liked what I ate and they had a really good 12 yr aged Japanese whiskey.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoughtful and flexiblegradfamDined on 5/8/2014We had a graduation dinner, but did not know exactly when we would get there. We were running late and they worked with us. Good food, good service, great time! Parking was hellish and it resulted in us ending our dinner in a rush in order to make the meters...and that was all three cars. 2 hours, 2 blocks away. Barely made it, so watch out for the lodo site and plan for it.Special Features:
- Super fresh and gorgeous sushiGr8gmaDined on 5/1/2014I've had sushi before and hated it. I went along with the group preference for sushi at Hapa Sushi Grill and Sake Bar in Lodo, and it changed my entire opinion of sushi! I loved it! We had several selections all of which were delectable. And if you have the opportunity, choose Kourtney for your server. She was wonderful - so much so that we tried to hire her for our company!Special Features:
- The BEST!TampaGirlDined on 4/30/2014I went to Hapa while in Denver for a convention. My first thought was - sushi in land-locked denver, it can't be good! I was SO wrong. Not only was the service excellent, the food was amazing. The group I was with ordered a bunch of rolls for everyone to share. Every roll had its own unique flavor and was fresh, flavorful, and delicious. Our waiter was very knowledgable and helped us make some great choice. The Saki was also delicious…..the Fresh and Light was our favorite!!Special Features:
- Excellent SushiWinendinemeDined on 4/26/2014Great selection of "out of the box" sushi, service was awesome! Great place for couples date night or alone date night ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.