Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Landmark in Greenwood Village
5380 Greenwood Plaza Blvd. Suite 101
Greenwood Village, CO 80111Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Landmark in Greenwood Village
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hapasushi.com/
- Phone: 3032678744
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 5:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Hawaiian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Brookhart 7203523596
- Entertainment: Live Jazz - Tuesday 6:00pm to 9:00pm Sporting Events in Bar
A word from Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Landmark in Greenwood Village
The name Hapa is derived from the Hawaiian term that describes a harmonious blend of Asian and American cultures. Like our name, our food reflects this dynamic combination. The menu is based on traditional Japanese cooking fundamentals which are then amplified, muted, or mixed with influences from many different sytles of cooking until they are something completely new: they're Hapa. We have stretched the boundaries of creativity to develop dishes that defy all the rules while holding true to our roots. We hope you will find our menu innovative, uninhibited, and distinctly fun!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Landmark in Greenwood Village - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Landmark in Greenwood Village reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (37)great for outdoor dining (33)special occasion (31)neighborhood gem (30)great for lunch (29)good for groups (28)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (18)romantic (17)late-night find (16)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (9)notable wine list (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Love the tuna nachos!SandyDDined on 8/27/2014Fun, friendly,and great food! We go at least once a week. Definitely our go to place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly Top NotchBuckyVIPDined on 8/23/2014You know what you get when you make a reservation or drop in unannounced at Hapa. The fish quality and preparation are very good. The service staff are very attentive. None of the "all you can eat" shtick waiting for your next 2 pieces of arrive. This is a neighborhood staple for our entire family.Special Features:
- What happened on Sunday?OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/17/2014Went in Sunday before a movie. It was extremely crowded - despite having a reservation, we were given one of the worst tables in the restaurant. It was halfway into a walkway (did they just add it because it was so crowded)? Should have known that might have been foreshadowing of what was to come. Our server was friendly, took our drink order, brought drinks, took our food order...and disappeared. 30 minutes later we grabbed her and asked where our food was. She brought (most) of it out, wide-eyed and seemingly oblivious that we had been waiting for it for ages, and that our starter had never showed. When I mentioned that, her response was 'Do you still want it?', rather than any sort of apology. Pretty disappointing experience.
- Best Hapa out of them all!janeeyre96VIPDined on 8/17/2014This Hapa location is the best! Ample parking, ample space, the portion sizes for the tempura were huge. We have been to every Hapa and think this one is the crown jewel!Special Features:
- Girls Night OutColoradoDined on 8/16/2014Perfect for a fun Saturday night out with the girls! The sushi was really good...the waitress was however, not so super...but overall, we had a great time !Special Features:
- Always Outstanding!jhockDined on 8/15/2014A real treat to hit Happy Hour! Plenty of seating outside, if you want, and prices that are well within one's budget! My friend and I enjoyed sake for an unbelievable HH price and ordered four appetizers, all of which were basically half off during Happy Hour! Not that anything is bargain priced, but for high quality sushi and presentation, it replaces a dinner meal at a more reasonable price. Very attentive service focused on making our afternoon pleasurable. Fresh fish, creative menu, and visual presentation above par! A real treat!Special Features:
- Always GoodDoubleBDined on 8/9/2014I have been to Hapa a few times and is always busy with good service and great food. Love their specialty sushi rolls.Special Features:
- Great Landmark FindLGoodinDined on 8/8/2014This was my first time at the restaurant as my girlfriend had recommended. The food was very good. I did find it funny that the mushroom appetizer had no mushrooms in it, but it was the shape and look of the salmon en-wrapped in avocado and the aioli sauce. We liked it so much we ordered a second. Also, the XXX roll was very good, and not overly hot as you would think with the Jalapeno inside. Overall, food was great, but it was very noisy, so took off a point as I found it hard to talk with out really speaking up. We were in the line of traffic flow from the kitchen, so next time maybe would try to get a corner table.Special Features:
- Bad ServiceDarthyVIPDined on 8/4/2014The worst Hapa in Colorado. There were about six people in the restaurant yet the servers were too busy talking to each other to actually wait on tables. The bartender took about 20 minutes to give us a shot of sake. The waiter kept bringing out the wrong dishes because he read the sushi sheet wrong. Will not be going back. Ever.
- Disappointed2SouthernDinersDined on 8/2/2014My date and I are both visiting from out of state and this restaurant came highly recommended. As sushi lovers, we were pleased with the variety presented on the menu. We chose five different rolls and were disappointed by all of them. The biggest problem was the poor construction of each roll, falling apart even on the serving plate. Fish was basically pretty bland. The one big plus was a wonderful, cheerful waitress.Special Features:
- Good for VegetariansTamDine99Dined on 8/1/2014Hapa is in a very nice area of town. The ambiance is dark and modern. I recommend the edamame, veggie gyoza, avocado and asparagus rolls for vegetarians.Special Features:
- poor food, poor servicesuperdroopDined on 7/28/2014Went here on first date, specifically asked for a quieter table, originally was sat at a table merely two feet on either side from another table, literally a fold out was all that was missing to connect the table to the one next to it. No privacy at all. Was later sat at a more secluded table but the noise still makes it difficult to talk. waiter came to greet us and looked completely disheveled, wrinkled shirt, unkempt hair, nasty beard and basically a person you didn't want handling your food. We ordered our sushi, consisting of five rolls and various nigiri. Food took a long time to come out to the table. Amongst the order was a spicy yellowtail roll, philadelphia roll, and upon the advice of several others, the multiple orgasm rol
- 16th Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014My son specifically requested this restaurant for his birthday dinner. Our food was outstanding as always. We will go back again and again. PS get the Shumai, the sauce is delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great celebration!gingerfoodieDined on 7/26/2014I went to Hapa for my birthday dinner with a group of friends, and they were so accommodating when more people kept showing up. Our server was so great and offered sampling of different sakes when I was trying to remember the type I had ordered during my previous visit. As always, the food was amazing! One of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/24/2014Our poor waiter had a terrible time first by forgetting to order my food then almost dumping a tub of hoisin sauce on me but he was very gracious and a nice guy.
- Food was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014The food and service were very good, but this is not the place to go to have a private, quiet or intimate conversation. You will be shouting at each other here, unless maybe you sat at the sushi bar. But the service was outstanding, and while we didn't eat much, what we had was fabulous!Special Features:
- HapaRocaDined on 7/10/2014The fish tasted old and the rice was hard. I come from a island and I know when the fish is old.Special Features:
- Normally good!TroyofLarkspurDined on 7/6/2014Slow Sunday eve after the holiday. The servers mentally checked out, bathrooms were dirty and out of toilet paper. Food was fine but not great. I don't know what happened, as It is normally really good and clean...Think I may skip any future Sundays as the staff may not be the same.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2014Service was slow, but when we were served it was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceEMH01Dined on 6/28/2014Service was lack luster this visit. No water refills. Inattentive waitress. Expect more from this higher end restaurant.Special Features:
- SUSHI!! YUM YUM!HannahPDined on 6/28/2014I have been a dinning at Hapa's for some time now and it is by far my favorite sushi hot spot. There are so many fun rolls, the sashimi is melt in your mouth good, and the drinks are amazing. The service is quick and friendly. If you haven't been here you need to get here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiCanesbiggdoggDined on 6/25/2014Went there on a business dinner. We ordered several rolls and everything was freash and tasted great. The place was full and loud but very energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodMaddieLouDined on 6/13/2014Sushi is always good but the smell of the tempura oil is not appealing. This was the first time in 5 visits that the restaurant had an overwhelming smell of oil. I requested outdoor seating because the oil smell sticks to your clothing and hair. The outdoor patio was very nice and the wait staff were excellent. I will be returning but hope the oil smell is taken care of.Special Features:
- YUM! Delicous!FoodieLoveDined on 5/31/2014Highly recommend the Multiple Orgasm ROLL!!!! INCREDIBLE! Also the Magic Mushrooms were a great appetizer. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- For the young at heartXxxxDined on 5/30/2014We are of the elder generation and were a minuscule minority; we were made very welcome. A great place if you are young at heart, which we consider ourselves to be. Very different and tasty Asian-style food.Special Features:
- Just OKTKA1963Dined on 5/29/2014Rolls were good not great, some fell apart when eating.Special Features:
- Loved itBernerLoversDined on 5/28/2014Absolutely will be back to hapa soon. All the food was so delicious and the drink list was very impressive. I brought friends there from out of town, they loved everything and raved about it the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/23/2014They were running behind on seating times, the bar staff and managment went out of their way to take care of us during the wait.Special Features:
- WOW!dimplesDined on 5/17/2014I am always blown away with the food at Hapa, but this past visit, it was the service that really set them above! We had to wait a whole 10 minutes for our reservation ::sarcasm:: and above the apology, the staff made sure we were taken care of with appetizers and smiles! Everyone was very apologetic about the short wait and did everything they could to make sure that we were taken care of. It did not go unnoticed!!! THANKS HAPA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointing!TheLarsensDined on 5/10/2014This is our go-to spot for sushi. Everything is fast, fresh and melts in your mouth.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Amazing dining, food and service. Took a date and had a blast.Special Features:
- Good AtmosphereAmyGDined on 5/3/2014The sushi isn't for the folks who like lots of raw fish and creative rolls; it's more for the beginner who prefers cooked rolls. The last two times we've been there we've gotten tables in the middle of the room or right by the door; I recommend calling ahead to request a table or booth that isn't in the middle of heavy traffic. THe place has been hopping two of the three times we've been there. Definitely the right place for a double date or to start off a festive night out.Special Features:
- yummybonvivantDined on 5/3/2014Our server was knowledgeable about the various sakes they have and guided us right. We have been eating at Hapa for years and the freshness and flavors are the best they have been in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 482 reviews are from the Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Landmark in Greenwood Village reviews archive.
- For a sushi beginner or connoisseurLovemesomefoodDined on 4/15/2014They have great original sushi roll choices and of course the classics as well. The place was packed on a Tuesday night--you know it's a neighborhood favorite! Great quick service--we've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly RushedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014It was great but after every time out plate looked somewhat finished, a second after our wait or would come to us and take itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local and niceRocky5660VIPDined on 4/8/2014Great local sushi restaurant with a great selection of happy hour foods. Brought a friend from Portland and she was impressed. Can't miss the Nachos.Special Features:
- Great Happy Hour!FoodieFanVIPDined on 4/5/2014One of our favorite happy hours and we especially like the Landmark location because it has so much free parking around the restaurant. Happy hour includes reduced prices on alcoholic beverages- I like the regular sake but my family also likes the vanilla and purple passion The appetizers are incredible- my all-time favorites, the magic mushrooms and spicy tuna nachos with chopped avocado and mango. The rolls are great as well, my favorite, the salmon and avocado - I don't think you can go wrong with anything you order at Hapa.
- Excellent DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Energetic little restaurant with fresh and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent & Unusual Sushi RollsKatercoDined on 4/1/2014This was a surprise happenstance and I can't wait to repeat the experience! The music was a bit loud for conversation, but overall, the experience was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Happy HourFoodieFanVIPDined on 3/30/2014Absolutely one of the best Happy Hour restaurants! Great sushi and great service!Special Features: