Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Landmark in Greenwood Village
5380 Greenwood Plaza Blvd. Suite 101
Greenwood Village, CO 80111Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Landmark in Greenwood Village
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hapasushi.com/
- Phone: 3032678744
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 5:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Hawaiian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Brookhart 7203523596
- Entertainment: Live Jazz - Tuesday 6:00pm to 9:00pm Sporting Events in Bar
A word from Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Landmark in Greenwood Village
The name Hapa is derived from the Hawaiian term that describes a harmonious blend of Asian and American cultures. Like our name, our food reflects this dynamic combination. The menu is based on traditional Japanese cooking fundamentals which are then amplified, muted, or mixed with influences from many different sytles of cooking until they are something completely new: they're Hapa. We have stretched the boundaries of creativity to develop dishes that defy all the rules while holding true to our roots. We hope you will find our menu innovative, uninhibited, and distinctly fun!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Landmark in Greenwood Village - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Landmark in Greenwood Village reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (35)good for groups (29)great for outdoor dining (27)neighborhood gem (24)special occasion (24)great for lunch (23)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (16)romantic (11)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Love!!!!marparrDined on 10/17/2014Love this place. Have been so many times we should have our own booth! The service has always been exceptional - and the food!!! There isnt enough room to write about how amazing the food is. Fresh and oh-so-tasty!!!! Have never had a bad experience here. Love it! Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- love the sushi....NatnordyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Although our server was great, the general staff vibe was not that welcoming. A couple people in the group commented on the staff with different encounters. Otherwise, the happy hour menu was great! the sake bomb and appetizers were a fantastic deal. will go again for HH.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost didn't stay.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/10/2014The food and service were great. I can count on that when we go to Hapa. But I almost didn't bother sitting down. There were somewhere between four and five hosts. When we walked in the door there were no other guests waiting, and the hosts were in the middle of a conversation, no one greeted us. I walked forward and said hi, and was met with a sneer and a very annoyed, "We'll be right with you." I backed off and waited. Another host looked up a minute later and said, again annoyed, "We'll be right with you." I nearly walked out. As a host, your job is to WELCOME guests into your restaurant. Yes, you have to multitask, but dear god, with four of you, someone can take my name, and let me know that my table will be ready shortly. So offended.
- it'll do.jjt1VIPDined on 10/7/2014quite loud. least generous wine pour we have seen in quite some time.
- Food was greatBOOMYUMMYTIMEDined on 10/3/2014Food was great loved the happy hr pricing. wish you could have more Japanese rice bowls and other traditional foods.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Menu was extensive as a sushi place should be but waiter did not help navigate us through the order placing process and we had to re-order to get what we really wanted. Service was prompt and presentation was special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Went here for dinner the other night. Really liked the decor and ambience but then the food was just not good. We had four types of sushi and we were still hungry, but instead of order more sushi we just decided to go somewhere else. Was really looking forward to my dinner here and left very disappointed
- Cocktails & Sushi on the patiobbfamDined on 9/27/2014Hub & I spotted a charming corner patio table on the way in, and the host literally let us lead the way! We were soon offered waters and bevs. I ordered the drink recommended as their most popular cocktail. It had a naughty name I cannot remember, but tasted like a pomegranate saki-tini. Delicious! My husband ordered a lg Japanese beer. We started with the seasoned edamame - very tasty, but the bottom layers were dripping wet as the flavorful liquid collected at the base of the bowl. Our waiter also suggested a fish app w/ jalapeños atop each thin piece of fish. The jalapeños were HOT, but the fish nice. All the sushi rolls we chose were terrific. Again, the naughty-named stuff was the best LOL. Great autumn Sat. pm on the patio @ Hapa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreshOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Very fresh, always clean. Happy staff. Great happy hour deals. Just a feel good place with excellent food. Make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We were late for our reservations and there was no question when we arrived that we had a seat. Then we sat outside and the rain came and the staff was so great about getting us a seat inside. Of course the sake and wine selection was great! ReneeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad foodSparky303Dined on 9/20/2014We were regular customers but haven't been here in a few months,the service was amazing as usual but the sushi was horrible.We were celebrating a birthday and the bad food was very saddening.Special Features:
- Ok sushi, nice ambienceSushiLoverDined on 9/19/2014Like the Hapa at Landmark but the sushi is just never quite that good. Sometimes I get rolls there that are awesome and sometimes I don't even want to finish them. It's a nice restaurant, good drinks but so-so food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not a great tableRunner02Dined on 9/17/2014We went to Hapa as a family to celebrate my husband's birthday and I had specifically requested a "nice table" for the occasion in my opentable reservation. The food and service was good, but they sat us at what I would have said was the worst table in the restaurant: right next to the restrooms, and squished against the wall, with no view of any other diners, and barely enough room for the 4 of us. We were not at all pleased! And its not like the restaurant was all that busy either.Special Features:
- We love the the rolls and sakeluveatingDined on 9/12/2014They have a fantastic array of sakes and rolls. The place was packed but we received excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the music and the food!mtngirlDined on 9/9/2014The food here is interesting - not your average sushi - and excellent. Go on Tuesday and listen to BLT while you eat - they are fantastic!Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Great sushi, great service and great atmosphere. What more could you want! If you like sushi - come here. Awesome assortment of rolls and great saki.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We love this place. It has good food and good atmosphere. I would say Sushi Den is our number 1 which is the only reason I give this a 4.Special Features:
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Love the Happy hour. Great drinks and good rolls to start you off.
- Not for sushi loversfood4thoughtDined on 9/5/2014If you don't like sushi and can only handle California rolls and tempura- you will probably like it here. Personally- not a fan- sushi grade/quality was not good at all, tasted like grocery store sushi. Specialty rolls had way to much mayo- couldn't even eat the Orgasm roll. Will not return.Special Features:
- Patio great in summerFoodCriticVIPDined on 9/1/2014Nice summer evening, good sushi, warm patio, easy parking. It's all good....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the tuna nachos!SandyDVIPDined on 8/27/2014Fun, friendly,and great food! We go at least once a week. Definitely our go to place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly Top NotchBuckyVIPDined on 8/23/2014You know what you get when you make a reservation or drop in unannounced at Hapa. The fish quality and preparation are very good. The service staff are very attentive. None of the "all you can eat" shtick waiting for your next 2 pieces of arrive. This is a neighborhood staple for our entire family.Special Features:
- What happened on Sunday?OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/17/2014Went in Sunday before a movie. It was extremely crowded - despite having a reservation, we were given one of the worst tables in the restaurant. It was halfway into a walkway (did they just add it because it was so crowded)? Should have known that might have been foreshadowing of what was to come. Our server was friendly, took our drink order, brought drinks, took our food order...and disappeared. 30 minutes later we grabbed her and asked where our food was. She brought (most) of it out, wide-eyed and seemingly oblivious that we had been waiting for it for ages, and that our starter had never showed. When I mentioned that, her response was 'Do you still want it?', rather than any sort of apology. Pretty disappointing experience.
- Best Hapa out of them all!janeeyre96VIPDined on 8/17/2014This Hapa location is the best! Ample parking, ample space, the portion sizes for the tempura were huge. We have been to every Hapa and think this one is the crown jewel!Special Features:
- Girls Night OutColoradoDined on 8/16/2014Perfect for a fun Saturday night out with the girls! The sushi was really good...the waitress was however, not so super...but overall, we had a great time !Special Features:
- Always Outstanding!jhockVIPDined on 8/15/2014A real treat to hit Happy Hour! Plenty of seating outside, if you want, and prices that are well within one's budget! My friend and I enjoyed sake for an unbelievable HH price and ordered four appetizers, all of which were basically half off during Happy Hour! Not that anything is bargain priced, but for high quality sushi and presentation, it replaces a dinner meal at a more reasonable price. Very attentive service focused on making our afternoon pleasurable. Fresh fish, creative menu, and visual presentation above par! A real treat!Special Features:
- Always GoodDoubleBDined on 8/9/2014I have been to Hapa a few times and is always busy with good service and great food. Love their specialty sushi rolls.Special Features:
- Great Landmark FindLGoodinDined on 8/8/2014This was my first time at the restaurant as my girlfriend had recommended. The food was very good. I did find it funny that the mushroom appetizer had no mushrooms in it, but it was the shape and look of the salmon en-wrapped in avocado and the aioli sauce. We liked it so much we ordered a second. Also, the XXX roll was very good, and not overly hot as you would think with the Jalapeno inside. Overall, food was great, but it was very noisy, so took off a point as I found it hard to talk with out really speaking up. We were in the line of traffic flow from the kitchen, so next time maybe would try to get a corner table.Special Features:
- Bad ServiceDarthyVIPDined on 8/4/2014The worst Hapa in Colorado. There were about six people in the restaurant yet the servers were too busy talking to each other to actually wait on tables. The bartender took about 20 minutes to give us a shot of sake. The waiter kept bringing out the wrong dishes because he read the sushi sheet wrong. Will not be going back. Ever.
- Disappointed2SouthernDinersDined on 8/2/2014My date and I are both visiting from out of state and this restaurant came highly recommended. As sushi lovers, we were pleased with the variety presented on the menu. We chose five different rolls and were disappointed by all of them. The biggest problem was the poor construction of each roll, falling apart even on the serving plate. Fish was basically pretty bland. The one big plus was a wonderful, cheerful waitress.Special Features:
- Good for VegetariansTamDine99Dined on 8/1/2014Hapa is in a very nice area of town. The ambiance is dark and modern. I recommend the edamame, veggie gyoza, avocado and asparagus rolls for vegetarians.Special Features:
- poor food, poor servicesuperdroopDined on 7/28/2014Went here on first date, specifically asked for a quieter table, originally was sat at a table merely two feet on either side from another table, literally a fold out was all that was missing to connect the table to the one next to it. No privacy at all. Was later sat at a more secluded table but the noise still makes it difficult to talk. waiter came to greet us and looked completely disheveled, wrinkled shirt, unkempt hair, nasty beard and basically a person you didn't want handling your food. We ordered our sushi, consisting of five rolls and various nigiri. Food took a long time to come out to the table. Amongst the order was a spicy yellowtail roll, philadelphia roll, and upon the advice of several others, the multiple orgasm rol
- 16th Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/27/2014My son specifically requested this restaurant for his birthday dinner. Our food was outstanding as always. We will go back again and again. PS get the Shumai, the sauce is delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great celebration!gingerfoodieDined on 7/26/2014I went to Hapa for my birthday dinner with a group of friends, and they were so accommodating when more people kept showing up. Our server was so great and offered sampling of different sakes when I was trying to remember the type I had ordered during my previous visit. As always, the food was amazing! One of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/24/2014Our poor waiter had a terrible time first by forgetting to order my food then almost dumping a tub of hoisin sauce on me but he was very gracious and a nice guy.
- Food was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014The food and service were very good, but this is not the place to go to have a private, quiet or intimate conversation. You will be shouting at each other here, unless maybe you sat at the sushi bar. But the service was outstanding, and while we didn't eat much, what we had was fabulous!Special Features:
- HapaRocaDined on 7/10/2014The fish tasted old and the rice was hard. I come from a island and I know when the fish is old.Special Features:
- Normally good!TroyofLarkspurDined on 7/6/2014Slow Sunday eve after the holiday. The servers mentally checked out, bathrooms were dirty and out of toilet paper. Food was fine but not great. I don't know what happened, as It is normally really good and clean...Think I may skip any future Sundays as the staff may not be the same.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2014Service was slow, but when we were served it was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceEMH01Dined on 6/28/2014Service was lack luster this visit. No water refills. Inattentive waitress. Expect more from this higher end restaurant.Special Features: