Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Cherry Creek
2780 East 2nd Avenue
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Cherry Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hapasushi.com/
- Phone: (303) 322-9554
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Sunday 2:30pm - 5:30pm
Thursday - Saturday 10:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday from 9:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Hawaiian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Call for Details
- Private Party Contact: Jesse Slaughter 3033329554
- Entertainment: Hapa Life - Service Industry Night on Sundays from 9:00- 11:00 pm. We serve our regular happy hour during Hapa Life.
A word from Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Cherry Creek
The name Hapa is derived from the Hawaiian term that describes a harmonious blend of Asian and American cultures. Like our name, our food reflects this dynamic combination. The menu is based on traditional Japanese cooking fundamentals which are then amplified, muted, or mixed with influences from many different styles of cooking until they are something completely new: they're Hapa. We have stretched the boundaries of creativity to develop dishes that defy all the rules while holding true to our roots. We hope you will find our menu innovative, uninhibited, and distinctly fun! Incomplete parties will not be sat until complete.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Cherry Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (12)great for outdoor dining (11)hot spot (11)special occasion (10)romantic (9)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- You can never go wrong at Hapa in Cherry Creek!amferreroDined on 11/16/2014We visit Hapa for any occasions and just for weeknight dinner. Always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SushiKeeltbVIPDined on 11/6/2014Good food. The mango sauce that came with the calamari was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Get a table in one of the more private rooms if you have a group and you want to be able to hear each other.Special Features:
- Great for happy hourJuliaDined on 10/31/2014I love the happy hour. 2 rolls for $7, half price appetizers, and their house "Hapa beer" is only $3 and rather good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!FoodieFanVIPDined on 10/28/2014Everything is great at Hapa- food, service and ambiance.
- Good food, good vibesFeedMyFace17VIPDined on 10/18/2014I have been here a few times, and I must say the food never disappoints. The atmosphere is young and fun. If you're looking for a quiet place to go and have a nice dinner, this is not for you. This is a vibrant place that serves great sushi! I will be returning!
- AerahVIPDined on 10/8/2014Very odd lunch special. Our rolls came out looking like little burritos, with the fish and rice spilling out one side. We were also never given our miso soup. Won't be returning.
- EXCELLENT all around!RestaurantSnobDined on 10/4/2014EXCELLENT all around! AWESOME FOOD! Awesome service. Chic and intimate atmosphere. So honored to have shared two special occasions at your restaurant. The server was great with making us feel special and honoring our occasions!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Not the best acoustics and not real spacious. Food was tasty with a large roll selection.Special Features:
- Good SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/28/2014We discovered Hapa Sushi back in the Spring and have used it as our go to sushi restaurant ever since. Coming from the east coast, there are not enough sushi restaurants in Denver for our taste, but Hapa fits the bill really well. The variety is great and the drink and wine list always delight.Special Features:
- GourmetGuruGourmetGuruVIPDined on 9/24/2014Hapa Sushi leaves a lot to be desired. While the space is nice and the staff couldn't be nicer. The problem is with the sushi. Generally the rolls are uninspired and rather tasteless - lots of rice, very little fish. I ate at both the Denver and Cherry Creek locations and found the food similar. I will not be returning.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Everything was awesome. Steven, our server was great, and Chris the kitchen manager that night made everything special for usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RushedYummyfooddenverDined on 9/5/2014I could tell my server wanted us to hurry up so they could re-seat the table. We weren't offered anything after our food either. It was too corporate feeling for sushi.Special Features:
- Great as Always!Welchan1Dined on 8/16/2014The quality of food was delicious as always. I decided to have vegetarian rolls this time, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I didn't miss the raw fish.Special Features:
- Sushi is delish!SequoiaDined on 8/14/2014The sushi is delicious. Making a reservation was definitely a good idea because the place was busy. Our server was terrible. She wasn't too prompt and had a bit of an attitude issue. Won't stop me from going back, just won't sit in her section again! Recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 334 reviews are from the Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Cherry Creek reviews archive.
- Was greatBchanelprice29VIPDined on 7/21/2014Food was excellent, everything was great. My baby's bday was a successSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthdayspecial68Dined on 7/18/2014Hapa was my daughter's choice for her birthday. We have tried a number of Sushii places in the area, and this is one of the best. Food was good, reasonably priced with exceptional wait staff. Very busy but the staff was at ease and helpful. Good explanations of specials and choices. Loved that they offered a free birthday dessert. We'll be enjoying Hapa again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service below averageBlahDined on 7/13/2014I think that our waitress should have taken the day/night off. She wasn't very pleasant or happy. Well, not until after the bill came. Then for the last 5 minutes she developed a personality, fake as it was, she managed to perk up and act like I would expect a waitress/server to act. I don't think she was a good fit. I didn't like this Hapa location as much as the one in Landmark. The Calamari was slightly burned, Sushi very bland, and service was below par. I won't be visiting this location again.Special Features:
- Table too small for 6EvillenateDined on 7/6/2014We reserved a table for 6 in advance and it was way too small. One person had to sit back-to-back in close proximity to another person stuck at another cramped 6-top. Also, not enough room on top of table to enjoy the meal. Food was good, but experience was limited by seating. Also, server did not ask us if we wanted a 2nd round of drinks. Overall mediocre experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HAPAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We live in South Dakota and come to Denver 1-2 x's a year and HAPA is always on our list, we love the food and service is always great!!!!Special Features:
- Great Japanese joint!RestaurantSnobDined on 6/14/2014EXCEPTIONAL food and service! Great atmosphere! They were so nice to incorporate our special occasion into the serving for the night!Special Features:
- Never disappointed hereswany07VIPDined on 5/15/2014This is a fail safe! They are always busy but there is always room here for last minute reservations. Great location and always great sushi! Great place to try sake also. They have the biggest selection and knowledgeable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative rollsGuidoVIPDined on 5/15/2014Creative rolls and a large menu. Nice CC location with parking underneath. But not the top contender for sushi in Denver.
- Fit the bill for sushi + entree!!skirunhike1984Dined on 5/2/2014Had several rolls, none of which disappointed, as well as an entree of grilled salmon with miso sauce. Everything was excellent.Special Features:
- HAPABettyVIPDined on 5/2/2014Good for sushi and shashimi. Mostly a young crowd. Enjoy happy hour better than dinner.Special Features:
- Options for allHapaDined on 4/20/2014Great place for vegetarians and gluten free folks. Lots of options from their appetizer list and all entrees have options with tofu. Their happy hour helps the pocket book too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceChrisDined on 4/16/2014Our waiter, Steven was really funny and gave great service!I would recommend this to a friend.
- HapafranknmooreVIPDined on 3/29/2014Hapa Sushi is really one of our favorite places to get Sushi in Denver. The sushi is consistent, excellent and we always have a great time. Having gone with groups and on our own, Hapa always delivers. At times there is a wait, however, Hapa has a nice bar not visible at the entrance that is an easy place to spend a few minutes - and the meal is certainly worth it. I would recommend Hapa to anyone interested in excellent sushi, a variety of rolls and a fun place to -- whether a large group or small group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hapa Happy Hour A+, as usual.DEEMVIPDined on 3/29/2014Hapa's happy hour is wonderful. I'm a regular, and will be frequenting Hapa even more come warm Spring/Summer weather. Tried the calimari this time - it's so-so. Stick to the shrimp dumplings and magic mushroom!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2014Reservation at 8, but did not get served until 9:30. Very crowded and noisy. Food ok, would not likely go back.
- Limited menu. Mostly variationsLuv2wineVIPDined on 3/18/2014Limited menu. Mostly variations on California rolls or shrimp tempura rolls. No specially fish. Service lacking. Names of rolls are provacatice but silly.
- NY SNOB in DenverLarryRVIPDined on 3/15/2014Sorry, (and I'm sure they will never post this) I would question using the sushi from here for bait! I'm sure even Mahi swimming around Flotsam would swim away. My meal started fine, how can you mess up edamame? I'm not sure what I was thinking about! Maybe too many trips to the local dispensary (Like being a kid in a candy store) Sushi in Denver? I mistakenly ordered sashimi, and after the third attempt (three different species) of eating, and then spitting out, foul(I'm being kind) fish, I said, lets go somewhere for a burger!!!
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014We loved the Hawaiian spin on the menu! We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekDDelishDined on 2/28/2014The restaurant week menu was fantastic, lot's to choose from, tasty and interesting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi but a tight fit.MileHighCriticDined on 2/22/2014The sushi here is great! Too crowded for my taste, won't be eating there again but will be getting to go from now on. Tables are way too close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hapa da-ba do!ChezingtomDined on 2/22/2014I typically do sushi in two other spots. Now I have a third. We had to wait a bit in the bar for our reserved table to open up, but Hapa gave us an order of edema me while we waited. Then got a comp dumpling appetizer when we were seated. Class place. There was so much incredible food included with the 5280 deal, four of us couldn't finish it. And it was INCREDIBLE FOOD. Hapa da-ba do!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2014Fantastic Sushi place with a menu of unique and different sushi roll choices. Everything was delicious. Very friendly attentive service. Ambience is modern and well set up for conversation. Great date night restaurant!Special Features:
- Great Evening!TerryVIPDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I were in town from California and although this restaurant was recommended, we have sushi all the time and wanted something different. Walked around for an hour and decided to keep our reservation. We are so glad we did! Apprehensive when we walked in with how close the tables were but decided to try it. So glad we did! Fresh sushi and great service! We asked our server, Jenna, to choose our dinner for us by most popular, her favorites and listing all our favorites, to have the chef create something for us! All superb! The close tables were not an issue, the food delicious and the service superb! We will be back when we are in town again next month!Special Features:
- great sushi but expensivekitkatflynnDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I normally go to a neighborhood place closer to where we live and spend about $30-$35. Our bill at Hapa for a similar amount of food and drink was $60. We went because we had a gift card. But, it was SUPERIOR to our neighborhood place. All the fish was wonderful and a good portion on top of the nigiri. We would not do this every week as it's too expensive, but definitely as a special occasion.Special Features:
- DisappointedSushiLoverDined on 2/15/2014My friends and I go Hapa in Cherry Creek about once a month. I've noticed that even with a reservation, we are left waiting for a table for upwards of 20 minutes. Last Saturday was no different. They do try to make up for it by giving you a bowl of edamame. Another reason for the lower rating is that one of their standard rolls (Magic Mushroom) was half the size that it used to be and missing all of the yumminess. Service is normally very good but not on Saturday. The guy was arrogant and unfriendly. It took forever for us to get our bill and after we did the staff was hovering for us to leave. Positives: If you don't order alcohol it's quite affordable ($30). Cons: Parking. The wait for a table. Quality may have changed.Special Features: