Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Cherry Creek
2780 East 2nd Avenue
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Cherry Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hapasushi.com/
- Phone: 303-322-9554
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Sunday 2:30pm - 5:30pm
Thursday - Saturday 10:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday from 9:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Hawaiian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Call for Details
- Private Party Contact: Jesse Slaughter 3033329554
- Entertainment: Hapa Life - Service Industry Night on Sundays from 9:00- 11:00 pm. We serve our regular happy hour during Hapa Life.
A word from Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Cherry Creek
The name Hapa is derived from the Hawaiian term that describes a harmonious blend of Asian and American cultures. Like our name, our food reflects this dynamic combination. The menu is based on traditional Japanese cooking fundamentals which are then amplified, muted, or mixed with influences from many different styles of cooking until they are something completely new: they're Hapa. We have stretched the boundaries of creativity to develop dishes that defy all the rules while holding true to our roots. We hope you will find our menu innovative, uninhibited, and distinctly fun! Incomplete parties will not be sat until complete.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Cherry Creek - Best Restaurants in Cherry Creek ›
Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Cherry Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (13)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (12)hot spot (12)great for outdoor dining (9)good for groups (6)late-night find (5)special occasion (5)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Was greatBchanelprice29VIPDined on 7/21/2014Food was excellent, everything was great. My baby's bday was a successSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthdayspecial68Dined on 7/18/2014Hapa was my daughter's choice for her birthday. We have tried a number of Sushii places in the area, and this is one of the best. Food was good, reasonably priced with exceptional wait staff. Very busy but the staff was at ease and helpful. Good explanations of specials and choices. Loved that they offered a free birthday dessert. We'll be enjoying Hapa again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service below averageBlahDined on 7/13/2014I think that our waitress should have taken the day/night off. She wasn't very pleasant or happy. Well, not until after the bill came. Then for the last 5 minutes she developed a personality, fake as it was, she managed to perk up and act like I would expect a waitress/server to act. I don't think she was a good fit. I didn't like this Hapa location as much as the one in Landmark. The Calamari was slightly burned, Sushi very bland, and service was below par. I won't be visiting this location again.Special Features:
- Table too small for 6EvillenateDined on 7/6/2014We reserved a table for 6 in advance and it was way too small. One person had to sit back-to-back in close proximity to another person stuck at another cramped 6-top. Also, not enough room on top of table to enjoy the meal. Food was good, but experience was limited by seating. Also, server did not ask us if we wanted a 2nd round of drinks. Overall mediocre experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HAPAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We live in South Dakota and come to Denver 1-2 x's a year and HAPA is always on our list, we love the food and service is always great!!!!Special Features:
- Great Japanese joint!RestaurantSnobDined on 6/14/2014EXCEPTIONAL food and service! Great atmosphere! They were so nice to incorporate our special occasion into the serving for the night!Special Features:
- Never disappointed hereswany07Dined on 5/15/2014This is a fail safe! They are always busy but there is always room here for last minute reservations. Great location and always great sushi! Great place to try sake also. They have the biggest selection and knowledgeable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative rollsGuidoVIPDined on 5/15/2014Creative rolls and a large menu. Nice CC location with parking underneath. But not the top contender for sushi in Denver.
- Fit the bill for sushi + entree!!skirunhike1984Dined on 5/2/2014Had several rolls, none of which disappointed, as well as an entree of grilled salmon with miso sauce. Everything was excellent.Special Features:
- HAPABettyVIPDined on 5/2/2014Good for sushi and shashimi. Mostly a young crowd. Enjoy happy hour better than dinner.Special Features:
- Options for allHapaDined on 4/20/2014Great place for vegetarians and gluten free folks. Lots of options from their appetizer list and all entrees have options with tofu. Their happy hour helps the pocket book too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceChrisDined on 4/16/2014Our waiter, Steven was really funny and gave great service!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 322 reviews are from the Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Cherry Creek reviews archive.
- HapafranknmooreVIPDined on 3/29/2014Hapa Sushi is really one of our favorite places to get Sushi in Denver. The sushi is consistent, excellent and we always have a great time. Having gone with groups and on our own, Hapa always delivers. At times there is a wait, however, Hapa has a nice bar not visible at the entrance that is an easy place to spend a few minutes - and the meal is certainly worth it. I would recommend Hapa to anyone interested in excellent sushi, a variety of rolls and a fun place to -- whether a large group or small group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hapa Happy Hour A+, as usual.DEEMVIPDined on 3/29/2014Hapa's happy hour is wonderful. I'm a regular, and will be frequenting Hapa even more come warm Spring/Summer weather. Tried the calimari this time - it's so-so. Stick to the shrimp dumplings and magic mushroom!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2014Reservation at 8, but did not get served until 9:30. Very crowded and noisy. Food ok, would not likely go back.
- Limited menu. Mostly variationsLuv2wineVIPDined on 3/18/2014Limited menu. Mostly variations on California rolls or shrimp tempura rolls. No specially fish. Service lacking. Names of rolls are provacatice but silly.
- NY SNOB in DenverLarryRVIPDined on 3/15/2014Sorry, (and I'm sure they will never post this) I would question using the sushi from here for bait! I'm sure even Mahi swimming around Flotsam would swim away. My meal started fine, how can you mess up edamame? I'm not sure what I was thinking about! Maybe too many trips to the local dispensary (Like being a kid in a candy store) Sushi in Denver? I mistakenly ordered sashimi, and after the third attempt (three different species) of eating, and then spitting out, foul(I'm being kind) fish, I said, lets go somewhere for a burger!!!
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014We loved the Hawaiian spin on the menu! We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekDDelishDined on 2/28/2014The restaurant week menu was fantastic, lot's to choose from, tasty and interesting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi but a tight fit.MileHighCriticDined on 2/22/2014The sushi here is great! Too crowded for my taste, won't be eating there again but will be getting to go from now on. Tables are way too close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hapa da-ba do!ChezingtomDined on 2/22/2014I typically do sushi in two other spots. Now I have a third. We had to wait a bit in the bar for our reserved table to open up, but Hapa gave us an order of edema me while we waited. Then got a comp dumpling appetizer when we were seated. Class place. There was so much incredible food included with the 5280 deal, four of us couldn't finish it. And it was INCREDIBLE FOOD. Hapa da-ba do!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2014Fantastic Sushi place with a menu of unique and different sushi roll choices. Everything was delicious. Very friendly attentive service. Ambience is modern and well set up for conversation. Great date night restaurant!Special Features:
- Great Evening!TerryVIPDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I were in town from California and although this restaurant was recommended, we have sushi all the time and wanted something different. Walked around for an hour and decided to keep our reservation. We are so glad we did! Apprehensive when we walked in with how close the tables were but decided to try it. So glad we did! Fresh sushi and great service! We asked our server, Jenna, to choose our dinner for us by most popular, her favorites and listing all our favorites, to have the chef create something for us! All superb! The close tables were not an issue, the food delicious and the service superb! We will be back when we are in town again next month!Special Features:
- great sushi but expensivekitkatflynnDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I normally go to a neighborhood place closer to where we live and spend about $30-$35. Our bill at Hapa for a similar amount of food and drink was $60. We went because we had a gift card. But, it was SUPERIOR to our neighborhood place. All the fish was wonderful and a good portion on top of the nigiri. We would not do this every week as it's too expensive, but definitely as a special occasion.Special Features:
- DisappointedSushiLoverDined on 2/15/2014My friends and I go Hapa in Cherry Creek about once a month. I've noticed that even with a reservation, we are left waiting for a table for upwards of 20 minutes. Last Saturday was no different. They do try to make up for it by giving you a bowl of edamame. Another reason for the lower rating is that one of their standard rolls (Magic Mushroom) was half the size that it used to be and missing all of the yumminess. Service is normally very good but not on Saturday. The guy was arrogant and unfriendly. It took forever for us to get our bill and after we did the staff was hovering for us to leave. Positives: If you don't order alcohol it's quite affordable ($30). Cons: Parking. The wait for a table. Quality may have changed.Special Features:
- Proprietary Sushi, Mediocre ServiceRaybandenverDined on 2/15/2014Some unique and tasty sushi preparations - different than Sushi Den - not necessarily better - just differentSpecial Features:
- We have come to all the HapakatieDined on 2/14/2014We have come to all the Hapa locations for several years. Our server was friendly, quick and really pleasant. That, along with the good food, made the experience wonderful. We were, however, upset (along with SEVERAL other people) to have to wait for such a long time, with reservations. Its understandable that it was a holiday and very busy, but it still was a bit frustrating to be jammed in the small bar/lounge area in back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vanilla SushiSemoreDined on 2/14/2014Lobster Roll is the only notable entree on the menu. Nothing else on the menu to compare with other high quality sushi restaurants in the Denver area.
- On Valentine's DayKahunaDined on 2/14/2014Had a reservation bu table wasn't ready for around 30 minutes so we hung out at the bar. In all fairness it was prime time on Valentine's day. The restaurant itself felt more crowded than I expected, but the food was amazing and once seated the service was very good. Reasonably priced for a trendy sushi place. I definitely recommend Hapa.Special Features:
- Very niceNotasushiluvrDined on 2/14/2014Valentines day dinner, very nice, even for a non-sushi-lover. Lots on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day TreatRDCATDined on 2/14/2014Food was good as usual. However because we went there on Valentine's Day we weren't surprised that the place was more packed and noisier than usual. Service was fair considering that all tables were full constantly. But it was still enjoyable and we like the food a lot. It was also a great place to people watch. Definitely would return during non-holiday times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing sushiFoodieDined on 2/8/2014this is one of our favorite sushi restaurants since moving to denver. Great sushi and great service. Its located in Cherry Creek which is a great area of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Just a Little ColdMCS1985VIPDined on 1/18/2014Great sushi as always, we love coming to Hapa especially in Cherry Creek, its a very tight knit little place to enjoy some great sushi and they always have a special roll that is amazing. Same thing on this night, they had the Detroit Street Roll, which was just outstanding. The only issue we had was the door would open and close and cold air would rush in, so it made any table near the door especially cold, other than that, a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The sushi is always good here.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/17/2014The sushi is always good here. The service is usually good as well. The seating is a real challenge though. If you are unlucky enough to be seated by the door on a chilly evening, you will be cold. They have virtually no waiting area either. That means you might have to wait outside. That being said, I still like the food and I do come back from time to time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food Quality & ServiceMarkMVIPDined on 1/13/2014Sushi was fresh and creative. Service was over the top. A must!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new Years bustcelebratingwifes30thbdayDined on 12/31/2013I chose this place because my wife is obsessed with sushi. We were celebrating her 30th bday on new years eve and the waiter was anything but enthused to be there and it showed. He rushed us through dinner and never once acknowledged my wife's special day. We ended up boxing up all of our sushi and going home. I've been here before with great service but I'm extremely disappointed that they made no attempt to make a birthday or holiday worth going back for.Special Features:
- Sushi at its BestFoodieFanVIPDined on 12/27/2013Everything outstanding - my favorite, salmon and avocado rolls; also magic mushroom appetizer is phenomenal.Special Features:
- PokeOMG9Dined on 12/24/2013Try the tuna poke, it is the best thing on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestaurantNadineDined on 12/23/2013We love coming to Hapa, the Food is great and so is the service !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy @ HapaBP5996311Dined on 12/23/2013Birthday dinner for a dear friend was a great time! Food @ Hapa was excellent. Atmosphere is quieter than the Den, albeit quite snug for larger parties (5 at our table). Cannot go wrong in CC North.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.