Hanuri Korean B.B.Q. Restaurant
4217 Geary Blvd.
San Francisco, CA 94118Neighborhood:
KoreanPrice: $30 and under
Hanuri Korean B.B.Q. Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hanuribbq.com/
- Phone: (415) 221-5227
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily : 11:00Am - 3:00PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00PM - 11:00PM
Friday & Saturday:3:00PM - 12:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Korean, Asian
- Executive Chef: Chong Kim
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering service is provided for birthday parties, weddings, family gatherings, luncheon meetings or any kind of occasion.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is available ranging from 20 to 80 people.
- Private Party Contact: Howard Kim 4152215227
A word from Hanuri Korean B.B.Q. Restaurant
Hanuri is reflective of the elegant restaurant,specializing in Korean B.B.Q and other traditional specialties. Hanuri is famous for providing authentic,tasty,and healthy Korean cuisine. All the barbecuing is on the grill of the table or is done in the kitchen. The atmosphere is cozy and ambient with very modern and captivating decor. Whether the occasion is a family gathering, a business outing function,or simply a casual meal among friends, Hanuri is the place to be for a truly satisfying and delicious Korean meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hanuri Korean B.B.Q. Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not the best Korean foodluvrockymtsVIPDined on 10/2/2014My husband is Korean so we took him here for his birthday. Though the service was good, the food was fair. For the large group, there was very little bancha (small plates of pickles, etc) given. We had to ask for more, but they were very sparing in their servings even when we asked for more. For example, we only got one tiny plate of a certain pickle for the 8 of us. We asked for more and would get a tiny plate again. The marinated meat was very bland. We ordered wine, but there was only two bottles to choose from and we drank both bottles. Overall, it was not what we expected so we won't be back again.
- The following 26 reviews are from the Hanuri Korean B.B.Q. Restaurant reviews archive.
- Best Korean mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014I went there, recommended by my co-worker. As I was told, Hanuri provides wonderful meals. We ordered Kalbi, pork belly and duck BBQ, together with seafood pancake. Pork belly and Duck BBQ are not usual in other Korean restaurant. Kalbi was superb with high quality and pork belly was so taste and was good match with a wasabi radish that was provided seperately. All side dishes were so fresh and tasty and rice was so nice and healthy. Waitress was so kind and responded well to our requirement. I will surely come back and recommend it strongly.Special Features:
- Good and healthy Korean foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/5/2014Really tasty. Good service. Atmosphere is a bit sterile - it is upscale, particularly in comparison to other Korean BBQ and food restaurants that are close by. A bit pricey.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!Phoenix19VIPDined on 5/28/2014What kind of Asian restaurant has no "white rice"?? After a mistake that the online service made on our reservation, the waiter(likely owner) pestered us not once but 9 times ... throughout the meal! RUDE!!! If I could give NEGATIVE 5 stars ... I WOULD!!
- An excellent lunch!OrindamomVIPDined on 5/13/2014We were the only ones there for lunch the day we went. So the service was attentive and the food authentic and delicious. We had the tofu with seafood. The tofu was silky and melted in our mouths. It had just the right amount of heat. The mackerel was full flavored and cooked just right. The pancake and bulgagi were both a little dry, however. The small dishes served at the beginning of the meal were very authentic and went perfectly with the meal. A very outstanding meal!Special Features:
- great food/servicehappydinerDined on 2/23/2014I had a college reunion with 12 other people and of course, finding a venue to accommodate everyone is extremely difficult in the city. However, Hanuri BBQ and its owners were more than happy to reserve two large grilling tables for our group and did everything to make sure we were all comfortably seated. Trying to order for a big group is difficult as well, but the owners again, gave great recommendations and made sure we had enough to feed everyone. We got great service - the owners came and helped us grill the meat, cut the meat, and made sure all the side dishes were full. Everyone had a great time and really enjoyed the food. THe payment process was painless and so I will definitely be doing another big group event here soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hanuri is my favorite!AliceDined on 2/8/2014If you don't know where do you visit for good Korean food in San Francisco, you should try Hanuri! Hanuri has fancy BBQ, and quality of meat also great! I also like their side dishes a lot. I love Hanuri! And if you visit there, you should try beef tongue!Special Features:
- Exellent mood, foods, and service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014"Hanuri" is a kind of unknown, hiden top-level of fancy restaurant in San Francisco. Briefly, it reveals traditional way to serve. Each table has enough place to get privacy. It's a calm and quiet restaurant to have a date, and for family or boss. I was suprised that anything I ordered, it comes with more than 10 different kinds of side dishes. And I was freely able to get extra order for them. I was seating second table from the gate, the owner was all the time standing on the hall behind us. The waitress and the owner smiled all the time when we needed something. Overally, The service was exellent. The main dish was "bulgogi" and the taste was exellent like a great restruant in Korea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2013When we arrived the hostess did not want to seat us, even though a had a reservation. The hostess then seats us in the room adjacent to the main dining area which was fine. Shortly after she takes our order. The problem is, 35 minutes later the waitress never came back -- not even with our drinks. At this point I just decided to leave.
- Sat us at table without tableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Sat us at table without table setting. Set table after 15 minutes. Came to take order, however, had not given us menu. Food did not come together. First dish was over cooked. Second dish never came. Waiter said was almost ready. I went to kitchen, waiter was getting the item we ordered out of the refrigerator. Asked for the bill. Left.
- BEST Korean Bar-B-Q in San Fran...BabaVIPDined on 10/29/2013We lived in San Francisco for almost 20 years and always chose Hanuri for Korean Bar-B-Q. Now we have moved out of state but make it a point to visit Hanuri whenever we are back in the Bay Area ! It is a real neighborhood GEM! This last visit we introduced the restaurant to two of our friends who are FOODIES and they loved the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodJOYCEDULYDined on 10/27/2013This is the best Korean restaurant in Bay area. Food is so tasty, traditional,and fresh. I enjoyed barbeque on the grill, such as short rib , duck, and pork belly. All staffs were so friendly and responded to our request. I am sure to be back.Special Features:
- Not A Great ExperienceMilfordDined on 6/29/2013I felt this dining experience was fair and that diners could do better elsewhere. The restaurant decor was a bit worn but clean. Service was impatient with diners unfamiliar with the menu and the Korean BBQ experience. The portions were on the small side and generally overpriced. The banchan was okay -- a moderate selection -- but the banchan plates sat empty for most of the dinner. I had to ask for a refill of the kimchee and it was given grudgingly in a portion of about 1/4 cup for the entire table. Rice was not offered ... if we wanted rice it would have had to have been ordered, which would have been fine, but we were not asked if we wanted it with dinner. Not a disaster, but not a good experience. I would not go again.
- My family and I always likesfleahVIPDined on 6/23/2013My family and I always like eating in the back room where the tables have a grill. We always order the bbq meats-- chicken and beef-- and we take pleasure in watching them bbq the meats in front of us. Their soft tofu with beef is also very yummy and their kimchee selection is more extensive than other Korean restaurants we've been to. The owner is very friendly and pleasant. We will definitely come here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic and tastyjoyce00Dined on 5/10/2013Food is so fresh and tasty. The owner emphasized its food was real authentic Korean food. The quality of BBQ meat looked like a kind of higher quality compared with others. They provided a lot of side dishes, which were so fresh and tasty. The waitress introduced one of each dishes to us. I enjoyed short-ribs and pork bellies together with wasabi-radishes. So delicious!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Try at HanuriTeaspringsDined on 1/9/2013I took a friend out for an early dinner. This restaurant happened to be open and close by so we decided to try this restaurant in our neighborhood. It was quiet because there was early for dinner. The food was okay, but not worth the price paid. The soup was mostly tofu and the meat was not edible and oily. The Kalbi Beef was on the chewy tough side. The side dishes should have been fresher. They looked like they had been sitting for a while. Since it was an early dinner and we were the only ones there, the side dishes should have looked and tasted fresh. The restaurant server was nice, but the restaurant food was overall disappointing.
- The food was very good andBurghardtVIPDined on 9/13/2012The food was very good and the service couldn't have been better. A tad pricey, however so plan ahead.Special Features:
- Excellent food, nearly emptyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/6/2012Excellent food, nearly empty on a Friday eve around 9PM. Not fancy, but finding ANY restaurant in SF where you can actually talk is noteworthy.Special Features:
- There was nobody in there!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/16/2012There was nobody in there! Reservations were not at all necessary. Food was average for Korean and the side dishes were not that interesting.
- We love bulgogi and have hadOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/27/2012We love bulgogi and have had our fair share of servings all around the bay area and LA...but the serviings at Hanuri was tasteless and very chewy. Left with a sore jaw. Service was great - very accommodating, as we had our 15 month old daughter with us, but we will not be returning.
- Good enough, but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 12/25/2011Food was good enough, but portions were small, and side dishes were not refilled. Service was adequate but not attentive.
- Good food....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/2/2011Celebrated a birthday with 13 friends, had a great time. The service was pretty slow but besides that the food was delicious and it wasn't busy so it was almost as if we had the place to ourselves.Special Features:
- Excellent Korean BBQjjSFDined on 10/28/2011Our group of 5 had an amazing late night meal at Hanuri's. The staff was very attentive and accomodating and the food was excellent. I've had other great Korean meals around SF, in Chicago and in S.Korea--this was comparable to the best. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Something differentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/20/2011We've been to lots of Korean restaurants and ended up ordering the same BBQ, i.e. kalbi, bulgogi, chicken, etc. But if you're looking for something different to try go to Hanuri. They offer three types of kalbi, duck, beef tongue, and their speciality, pork belly. The pork belly is eaten with a thin slice of radish marinated in wasabi. Amazingly the wasabi is mixed with vinegar so that the heat disappears and the wasabi flavor emerges. The ban chan included over ten dishes, some we've not had before. The owners were very helpful in selecting the dishes and letting us know how they should be eaten. The waitstaff was attentive and friendly. Although we grilled our own meal, we did not walk out smelling like smoke. The decor is relaxing and thSpecial Features:
- After a recent visit to Seoul,nonicknameVIPDined on 4/20/2011After a recent visit to Seoul, So Korea, our dining experience at Hanuri was very authentic. We look forward to returning to experience more of the Korean cuisine at this very attractive, accommodating restaurant.Special Features:
- Two tables occupied in theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/5/2011Two tables occupied in the restaurant, we were the first. Other table was served all of its food first after 35 minutes of waiting. We never even got our drinks. We left as the server/owner made excuses for why she served her regulars first. Book keeping materials strewn about on adjacent table and korean TV blasting in the background.
- Definitely a solid place toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/23/2010Definitely a solid place to go for when you have that Korean craving! I've been here several times now and every time the service is attentive and the food is consistently good. Whether it's a large party, a small group or just the two of us dining we are made to feel welcome and special. The back seating area is good for larger groups and the front is good if you want to watch TV while you dine or don't need/want the BBQ grill.