Hanover Street Chophouse
149 Hanover Street
Manchester, NH 03101Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Hanover Street Chophouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hanoverstreetchophouse.com/
- Phone: (603) 644-2467
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Stuart Cameron
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering available for social or corporate events. Our professional staff is committed to providing you with exceptional service with the highest quality of food.
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautifully decorated private dining rooms can accommodate groups of 10 to 36 people.
- Private Party Contact: Christine Higgins 6036442467x210
- Entertainment: Live Piano Bar every Friday and Saturday evening as well as certain holidays.
- Special Events: We host several wine, beer, bourbon and whiskey dinners throughout the year. Please visit our website or call for the latest scheduled dinner.
A word from Hanover Street Chophouse
We are committed to serving food that will be creative, yet “classic,” service that will be impeccable but not intimidating, in an ambiance that will be elegant, yet comfortable and inviting, ensuring a dining experience that will be extraordinary and memorable!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Hanover Street Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Manchester, NH ›
Hanover Street Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
190 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (161)romantic (117)notable wine list (97)fit for foodies (80)good for groups (57)neighborhood gem (40)vibrant bar scene (31)hot spot (30)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (8)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014It was our first time dining at the Hanover Street Chophouse, so my husband and I didn't know what to expect.....What a fantastic place! From the ambiance, to the very pleasant and attentive servers, and most of all the amazing cuisine! It was the perfect way to celebrate our anniversary. We most definitely will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014we were seated closed to the bar, which was noisy, and almosst a distraction; service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice try, May Try Again?NYCBrassVIPDined on 11/18/2014We were so hopeful as our waiter seemed attentive and rattled off the specials with great enthusiasm. The appetizers, I had the crab cocktail. were very good and nice portions. My table ordered the scallop dish, two filets, and a salmon dish. It took 55 minutes for our dinner to arrive. The waiter went dark and Managemnt huddled a few feet away from us, but we're radio silet until someone from our table waved one of them over after our food arrived cold and once entree, the salmon was significantly undercooked. The gentlemen looked at us like without introduction and listened to a few comments from our table and then saiid I'm sorry and wisked the salmon dish away for a redo. Management came back with the redo and told us the salmon dish would be comped and the drinks that were ordered would be on the house. Honestly, the entire meal should have been comped. No one should have a dining experience like this, no one. I can't recommend this establishment yet. I will consider retrying and will report back.
- Perfect deal for a Sunday nightssanhDined on 11/16/2014The Hanover Street Chophouse has a great Sunday night deal - a three course meal for $37, which includes choice of appetizer, entree and dessert. We have eaten at HSC several times on a Sunday, and on the latest evening, it is clear the "deal" is becoming better known - the restaurant was fuller than it has been previously, but the experience was still wonderful. Service was attentive and prompt; the food itself really nice - a succulent piece of salmon on a bed of roasted vegetables, perfectly seared scallops on a bed of risotto - both entrees delicious. Our starters were similarly pleasant - I had a chopped salad that was refreshing in that it was all salad - not loaded up with other "stuff" as many salads are these days (and that fill you up before the main course arrives). The cocktail and wine menu are plentiful - not cheap, but there are plenty of wines by the glass to choose. The creme brûlée and flourless chocolate cake were perfect desserts to finish with - not too big, just right. Of course, by the time you pay for drinks and coffee and tip, the bill is quite a bit more than $37x2, but for the delicious meal we enjoyed, we did not mind. We highly recommend Hanover Street Chophouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dining experiencelaragoneDined on 11/14/2014We dined here for our anniversary again this year and were not disappointed. We arrived a bit early and our table was ready. Service was great from the valet to the hostess to our waiter, Alan. We had oysters and shared a salad...delicious. My husband had the ribeye, which he enjoyed. It was cooked perfectly and seasoned nicely. I had the rack of lamb which was simply to die for. We shared a piece of carrot cake and it was a delicious ending to a lovely meal. Of course, the prices are high but so is the quality. We no longer save the chophouse for just special occasions, but dine here several times a year because the food is just that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a place!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014If you're looking for great food and a wonderful atmosphere this is the place to go no matter whether it's in the afternoon or late in the evening it makes you feel specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sides could use some helpOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2014Enjoyed almost everything about this restaurant. Can't beat the service, drinks or atmosphere. My husband chose this location for his birthday and I was hopeful that there would be a few interesting side dishes to fit into my vegetarian diet. This has not been a problem at other upscale restaurants. Not the case here. The asparagus was very undercooked and not very well seasoned. The roasted potatoes were uninspiring and the vegetable melody of brussel sprouts and onions was also lacking. The other four guests really enjoyed the main course, but everyone agreed the sides were not as good as they should be at a venue like this.Special Features:
- AwesomeLoverofgoodfoodDined on 11/9/2014Great food experience! Great for special occasion or if you are in need of a great steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion rest.TruluvDined on 11/9/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday, and it felt like a special afternoon. I am not a meat eater, and found enough choices. My wife had a steak, and had enough to bring some home. A special day!Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. The food was excellent along with the service. The restaurant was full with a wait but the service was still excellent from greeting and throughout the meal. Would recommend and will go again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014The dinner was excellent, as always! Our waiter it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic night out!IrishLassDined on 11/7/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Hanover Street Chophouse recently. Always one of our favorite places to dine. The attentive staff, the intimate setting and the delicious food never disappoint! There was a little card on our table wishing us a Happy Anniversary....nice touch! We had the sweet potato soup special which was delicious and the field green salad with barn cheese and warm bacon vinaigrette....yummy! The filet was perfect as was my hangar steak. Topped it off with a shared pumpkin cheesecake and coffee....with a Happy Anniversary written on our dessert plate.....beautiful touch! Hanover Street Chophouse always delivers a great meal and a wonderful experience! Thank you for a terrific evening to celebrate love!Special Features:
- One of our favoritesGrmtnboyVIPDined on 11/1/2014Everything about this restaurant is first class. Valet parking is a nice start. When we checked in the hostess offered to hang our coats. Live piano music was playing in the background. The decor is tasteful. Tables are spaced nicely. The menu is much more than just steaks and chops, and includes seasonal ingredients. Our appetizers -crab cake and prosciutto and melon salad- were outstanding. Our steaks were perfectly cooked to proper temperature. The tenderloin with truffle butter is to die for! Our waiter Patrick was friendly, professional, and just-right attentive. The wine list is extensive. While this is definitely a place to go for a celebration or special occasion, why wait? We plan to become regulars!!Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningKwvtDined on 10/30/2014My girlfriend and I had a terrific evening of drink and food. Starting with martinis at the bar, we had oysters and Caesar salad as apps. Her filet mignon was excellent. In fact it was better than my aged Kansas strip. Service was excellent. One downside was the proximity to other tables. It was too easy to overhear conversations at nearby tables, which made it feel less intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustanding Experience as UsualOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2014I requested a semi private table as we were discussing some business over dinner. The manager provided us with the private dining area which served our needs perfectly. The meal was a huge hit with our business guests. I am originally from NYC and would put the Chophouse in the same league if not better than many of the NYC favorites like S and L and Peter Luger's. Outstanding meal, great drinks, and a perfect setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014My new favorite restaurant! We been here a few times now. The food and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent 28th Anniversary50andtdawgDined on 10/25/2014Food was delicious service was fantastic and friendly definitely deserves a return visit soon.Special Features:
- New favorite restaurant!FatnHappyDined on 10/25/2014I took my boyfriend to the Chophouse to celebrate his new job. I had been before and absolutely loved it, as did my other dinner guests, so I thought it would be perfect. My boyfriend was very happy with the feel of the restaurant, the great service, and of course, the amazing food. The quality of the meals was top notch. There was nothing that we didn't thoroughly enjoy. I would highly recommend this fine establishment!Special Features:
- Fabulousfrankelly1Dined on 10/24/2014I cannot express enough how great this experience was. The food was excellent and extremely well presented and the service was impeccable. Put it to you this way, I will forego any other dining out to save up for a once a month trip to Hanover Street Chophouse. Every restaurant should strive to present this type of experience to their guests. Kudo's ChophouseSpecial Features:
- ExcellentdmconnollyDined on 10/24/2014Very good on all levels - atmosphere, service and great food.Special Features:
- Pricey for ordinaryalwlaysoutDined on 10/22/2014Met friends we haven't seen for awhile. It is a good meeting place as it is quiet and you can have a conversation. Wine selection is excellent if you want to buy a bottle. If you want a glass of wine very limited. This is a pricey restaurant for an average night. We actually we a little disappointed the beef was excellent sides were just okay. For this price ($150.00 for meal no desert and 2 glasses of wine) I expect above the ordinary. The vegetables were cut up yellow peppers and mashed potatoes. Like I said the meal was okay and I can get okay anywhere. I would like to try their lunch menu to see what they offer. The staff was excellent and very attentive.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014The service and food were fabulous! It was definitely worth the money!Special Features:
- Awesomely DeliciousCottonDined on 10/18/2014Hanover Chophouse is an excellent restaurant for steak lovers, our steaks were cooked to perfection. Our server Richard complemented the meal with his attentiveness and professionalism. If and when you visit, ask for him and he will make your night one to remember. We were visiting New Hampshire and this restaurant could make me an implant. Thanks for a dinner done right!Special Features:
- Another fine meal at the ChophouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014We have been dining at the Chophouse for years and I am always impressed by the longevity of their staff. Obviously they think it is a great lace to work and that shows in the care taken with each diner. The food is of course, outstanding and we have never had a bad meal there. The restaurant has been under new ownership for a couple of years, but has not missed a beat. Thank you for a lovely evening.Special Features:
- JerryDined on 10/17/2014The Chop House has become our favorite restaurant. Everything we have tried has been excellent and this will be ourt #1 choise for special occasions and family special days.Special Features:
- AwesomeggyogaDined on 10/16/2014Food was delicious, service was excellent! The only thing was the French Onion soup had leeks and mushrooms that were not specified on the menu. I cannot eat mushrooms and was disappointed with lack of information and changing up a classic recipe. But that would not keep me from going back. Loved it!Special Features:
- BirgsVIPDined on 10/16/2014Steaks cooked to perfection. Also able to substitute veggie and potato of the day for preferred side with a slight additional upcharge. Baked potato portion ample enough to share. Creamed spinach portion not too large but ample to share as well. Rather surprised at the $19/glass charge for a rye whiskey made in NH. Won't be ordering that again any time soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in New Hampshire.NYC1spaniardDined on 10/15/2014This was restaurant was recommended by a good friend. My first visit here and I was impressed. Being from New York and a traveling sales Manager I get to visit many great Steak houses. This one was at par if not better than the best that I have been to. The service was outstanding. Our waiter was phenomenal!!! Will be back soon!!!!!!Special Features:
- Romantic birthday dinnerWineanddinerDined on 10/12/2014It was my boyfriends birthday and I wanted to take him somewhere very high class and romantic. I went into opentable.com to place the reservation and put in a side not it was his birthday. The entire experience was amazing the hostess greeted us with hellos and smiles and a happy birthday to my boyfriend. We were brought to our table were a card sat reading Happy Birthday. The service was one of the best I've ever had and the ambiance was exactly what I wanted for this birthday dinner. The food was out of this world and had my boyfriend beyond stunned I pulled this all off. We had the very tasty vanilla bean créme brûlée and it was delivered with a candle and Happy Birthday written in chocolate. Need less to say we will be back!!! Thank youSpecial Features:
- Made my Top 5 Dining ListSouthernCharmDined on 10/12/2014I absolutely love dining at the Chophouse. If I lived closer I'd be here at least once a week. The classic menu items are wonderful. The seasonal creations are taste bud inspiring. The bar selections are outstanding. Weather you have an occasion to celebrate or just want to enjoy a scrumptious dinning experience. This is the place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cann't go wrongVickDined on 10/12/2014Always a great meal, whether its steak or seafood you are after you will not be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definately going back!!!LuvfoodDined on 10/12/2014We drove 70 miles because we heard all great things about this restaurant - our meal went beyond our expectations. My hanger steak and my husband's scallops were phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food, Great ServiceMZFoodie603Dined on 10/11/2014David was exceptional. A great combination of professionalism and knowledge. He spoke to the wine list well, and suggested some great pairings based on the nights specials. I will always highly recommend the Chophouse to anyone looking to take their significant other out for a great night. Also the gentleman on the piano did a wonderful job that evening.Special Features:
- just perfectMichaelGDined on 10/7/2014Germans on a round trip in New England/Quebec - last night in Manchester/New Ham - and we were looking for a good restaurant. We never expected to find such an outstanding dinning place in this small city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!NessababieDined on 10/5/2014Great food, atmosphere and the fixed price three course on Sundays is the best! We'll be back!Special Features:
- ImpeccableGeneDined on 10/5/2014In the words of my 10 year old who came with us the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior Service and Fine DiningebburtisDined on 10/3/2014We've been to Hanover Street Chophouse a few times over the years and the food is always excellent. What truly stood out this time was the service. When my husband was undecided about wine, the waiter noticed and brought over a bottle of a wine which had been opened for tasting and gave him a sample. When my husband passed on the potato, the waiter offered additional vegetables. My husband asked if they might have any fruit to have on the side. He was brought a beautiful bowl of berries.Special Features:
- One of the BEST steak housesFantasticDined on 10/2/2014Over the years I have worked for the hotel industry in Sales and my husband Concierge in NYC. We have always had the opportunity of dining at excellent restaurants, Mortons, Ruth's Chris, Ben and Bensons etc. I must say I did not expect such an overall outstanding experience in Manchester NH. We decided to dine at Chophouse for our anniversary. What a great choice! Chophouse will be our new place of creating memories with one another.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014We always enjoy the Hanover Street Chophouse. The service and food is always wonderful. We enjoy this restaurant as a night out for the 2 of us and for family special occasions or a quick drink and app at the bar before a show at the Palace Theatre.Special Features:
- I'll be coming back hereJeffyisbackDined on 9/21/2014We came here for our 29th anniversary. reservations were recommended so I made reservations. We recently move back to the area so I was looking for a special place. It's not the best location, but it's easy to find, well lit, and parking was ample. The menu is balanced with selections for any taste, but we were there for steak. The wine menu is extensive. We ordered the prime rib which was cooked to perfection, flavor was excellent and it practically melted in your mouth. The sides are large and meant to be shared (we ordered the mashed potatoes). I ordered a side of the lobster Mac and cheese which was creamy and excellent. Service was fantastic. This our new favorite place and We'll be coming back here for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.