Hanover Street Chophouse
149 Hanover Street
Manchester, NH 03101Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Hanover Street Chophouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hanoverstreetchophouse.com/
- Phone: 6036442467x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Stuart Cameron
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering available for social or corporate events. Our professional staff is committed to providing you with exceptional service with the highest quality of food.
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautifully decorated private dining rooms can accommodate groups of 10 to 36 people.
- Private Party Contact: Christine Higgins 6036442467x210
- Entertainment: Live Piano Bar every Friday and Saturday evening as well as certain holidays.
- Special Events: We host several wine, beer, bourbon and whiskey dinners throughout the year. Please visit our website or call for the latest scheduled dinner.
A word from Hanover Street Chophouse
We are committed to serving food that will be creative, yet “classic,” service that will be impeccable but not intimidating, in an ambiance that will be elegant, yet comfortable and inviting, ensuring a dining experience that will be extraordinary and memorable!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Hanover Street Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Manchester, NH ›
Hanover Street Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (159)romantic (115)notable wine list (89)fit for foodies (80)good for groups (49)neighborhood gem (42)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (21)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (7)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Never disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014My new favorite restaurant! We been here a few times now. The food and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent 28th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Food was delicious service was fantastic and friendly definitely deserves a return visit soon.Special Features:
- New favorite restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I took my boyfriend to the Chophouse to celebrate his new job. I had been before and absolutely loved it, as did my other dinner guests, so I thought it would be perfect. My boyfriend was very happy with the feel of the restaurant, the great service, and of course, the amazing food. The quality of the meals was top notch. There was nothing that we didn't thoroughly enjoy. I would highly recommend this fine establishment!Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I cannot express enough how great this experience was. The food was excellent and extremely well presented and the service was impeccable. Put it to you this way, I will forego any other dining out to save up for a once a month trip to Hanover Street Chophouse. Every restaurant should strive to present this type of experience to their guests. Kudo's ChophouseSpecial Features:
- ExcellentdmconnollyDined on 10/24/2014Very good on all levels - atmosphere, service and great food.Special Features:
- Pricey for ordinaryalwlaysoutDined on 10/22/2014Met friends we haven't seen for awhile. It is a good meeting place as it is quiet and you can have a conversation. Wine selection is excellent if you want to buy a bottle. If you want a glass of wine very limited. This is a pricey restaurant for an average night. We actually we a little disappointed the beef was excellent sides were just okay. For this price ($150.00 for meal no desert and 2 glasses of wine) I expect above the ordinary. The vegetables were cut up yellow peppers and mashed potatoes. Like I said the meal was okay and I can get okay anywhere. I would like to try their lunch menu to see what they offer. The staff was excellent and very attentive.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014The service and food were fabulous! It was definitely worth the money!Special Features:
- Awesomely DeliciousCottonDined on 10/18/2014Hanover Chophouse is an excellent restaurant for steak lovers, our steaks were cooked to perfection. Our server Richard complemented the meal with his attentiveness and professionalism. If and when you visit, ask for him and he will make your night one to remember. We were visiting New Hampshire and this restaurant could make me an implant. Thanks for a dinner done right!Special Features:
- Another fine meal at the ChophouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014We have been dining at the Chophouse for years and I am always impressed by the longevity of their staff. Obviously they think it is a great lace to work and that shows in the care taken with each diner. The food is of course, outstanding and we have never had a bad meal there. The restaurant has been under new ownership for a couple of years, but has not missed a beat. Thank you for a lovely evening.Special Features:
- JerryDined on 10/17/2014The Chop House has become our favorite restaurant. Everything we have tried has been excellent and this will be ourt #1 choise for special occasions and family special days.Special Features:
- AwesomeggyogaDined on 10/16/2014Food was delicious, service was excellent! The only thing was the French Onion soup had leeks and mushrooms that were not specified on the menu. I cannot eat mushrooms and was disappointed with lack of information and changing up a classic recipe. But that would not keep me from going back. Loved it!Special Features:
- BirgsVIPDined on 10/16/2014Steaks cooked to perfection. Also able to substitute veggie and potato of the day for preferred side with a slight additional upcharge. Baked potato portion ample enough to share. Creamed spinach portion not too large but ample to share as well. Rather surprised at the $19/glass charge for a rye whiskey made in NH. Won't be ordering that again any time soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in New Hampshire.NYC1spaniardDined on 10/15/2014This was restaurant was recommended by a good friend. My first visit here and I was impressed. Being from New York and a traveling sales Manager I get to visit many great Steak houses. This one was at par if not better than the best that I have been to. The service was outstanding. Our waiter was phenomenal!!! Will be back soon!!!!!!Special Features:
- Romantic birthday dinnerWineanddinerDined on 10/12/2014It was my boyfriends birthday and I wanted to take him somewhere very high class and romantic. I went into opentable.com to place the reservation and put in a side not it was his birthday. The entire experience was amazing the hostess greeted us with hellos and smiles and a happy birthday to my boyfriend. We were brought to our table were a card sat reading Happy Birthday. The service was one of the best I've ever had and the ambiance was exactly what I wanted for this birthday dinner. The food was out of this world and had my boyfriend beyond stunned I pulled this all off. We had the very tasty vanilla bean créme brûlée and it was delivered with a candle and Happy Birthday written in chocolate. Need less to say we will be back!!! Thank youSpecial Features:
- Made my Top 5 Dining ListSouthernCharmDined on 10/12/2014I absolutely love dining at the Chophouse. If I lived closer I'd be here at least once a week. The classic menu items are wonderful. The seasonal creations are taste bud inspiring. The bar selections are outstanding. Weather you have an occasion to celebrate or just want to enjoy a scrumptious dinning experience. This is the place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cann't go wrongVickDined on 10/12/2014Always a great meal, whether its steak or seafood you are after you will not be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definately going back!!!LuvfoodDined on 10/12/2014We drove 70 miles because we heard all great things about this restaurant - our meal went beyond our expectations. My hanger steak and my husband's scallops were phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food, Great ServiceMZFoodie603Dined on 10/11/2014David was exceptional. A great combination of professionalism and knowledge. He spoke to the wine list well, and suggested some great pairings based on the nights specials. I will always highly recommend the Chophouse to anyone looking to take their significant other out for a great night. Also the gentleman on the piano did a wonderful job that evening.Special Features:
- just perfectMichaelGDined on 10/7/2014Germans on a round trip in New England/Quebec - last night in Manchester/New Ham - and we were looking for a good restaurant. We never expected to find such an outstanding dinning place in this small city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!NessababieDined on 10/5/2014Great food, atmosphere and the fixed price three course on Sundays is the best! We'll be back!Special Features:
- ImpeccableGeneDined on 10/5/2014In the words of my 10 year old who came with us the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior Service and Fine DiningebburtisDined on 10/3/2014We've been to Hanover Street Chophouse a few times over the years and the food is always excellent. What truly stood out this time was the service. When my husband was undecided about wine, the waiter noticed and brought over a bottle of a wine which had been opened for tasting and gave him a sample. When my husband passed on the potato, the waiter offered additional vegetables. My husband asked if they might have any fruit to have on the side. He was brought a beautiful bowl of berries.Special Features:
- One of the BEST steak housesFantasticDined on 10/2/2014Over the years I have worked for the hotel industry in Sales and my husband Concierge in NYC. We have always had the opportunity of dining at excellent restaurants, Mortons, Ruth's Chris, Ben and Bensons etc. I must say I did not expect such an overall outstanding experience in Manchester NH. We decided to dine at Chophouse for our anniversary. What a great choice! Chophouse will be our new place of creating memories with one another.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014We always enjoy the Hanover Street Chophouse. The service and food is always wonderful. We enjoy this restaurant as a night out for the 2 of us and for family special occasions or a quick drink and app at the bar before a show at the Palace Theatre.Special Features:
- I'll be coming back hereJeffyisbackDined on 9/21/2014We came here for our 29th anniversary. reservations were recommended so I made reservations. We recently move back to the area so I was looking for a special place. It's not the best location, but it's easy to find, well lit, and parking was ample. The menu is balanced with selections for any taste, but we were there for steak. The wine menu is extensive. We ordered the prime rib which was cooked to perfection, flavor was excellent and it practically melted in your mouth. The sides are large and meant to be shared (we ordered the mashed potatoes). I ordered a side of the lobster Mac and cheese which was creamy and excellent. Service was fantastic. This our new favorite place and We'll be coming back here for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerfancypantsdinerDined on 9/20/2014I took my dad for dinner here for his birthday and it was really great! He had the surf and turf, filet and lobster and really loved it. I had the Salmon and it was perfect! They wrote Happy Birthday in chocolate on his dessert plate and gave him a candle in his brownie. It was a nice touch without being too corny. We had a great time and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice special occasion spot. The table over from us was celebrating their 1 year wedding anniversary and all the tables have a little card that says "Happy Anniversary" or "Happy Birthday" so the manager and waiters all get in the celebration as they walk by. I live in NYC now and came up for this occasion, the food here definitely held up to my city standards!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday!sweettooth1012Dined on 9/18/2014I decided to take my boyfriend to the Hanover Street Chophouse for a nice birthday dinner. From the moment we walked in the door we felt like royalty. We had Agatha as our server and she was wonderful! Also, not only did the manager come to our table to ensure our meals were to our liking, but the chef visited as well! We had a few glasses of wine from their extensive wine list, three delicious appetizers to share and amazing entrees. When the dessert came out it not only had a candle but also, written in chocolate on his dessert plate read "Happy Birthday" with his name as well! He was thrilled. We will most certainly be back. Hopefully sooner rather than later! Thank you so much for a wonderful experience Hanover Street Chop House!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loupDined on 9/18/2014Excellent service and we'll prepared food. Food was served on a timely manner with a break between entree and appetizer. Very nice.Special Features:
- Great restaraunt!!!shane57Dined on 9/17/2014Great restaraunt with excellent staff and a great wine list! The food is fantastic with aged steaks that are to die for! We will be going back and I highly recommend this gem!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For out of town customersnoisyDutchGuyDined on 9/16/2014Food was excellent, cooked perfect without worry that the grill chef would get it wrong for others in the group. Wine list is very acceptable and dessert sampler was much better than expected. 5th time there - increased my respect for the establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our special occasion placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014We went to dinner at the Chophouse for our 32nd anniversary. I had the rack of lamb and my husband had a filet and both were superb. We also tried the avocado fries out of curiosity - they were as good as they sound! Our dinner was delicious and our waitress was top notch. We enjoyed ourselves very much! At the end, the waitress brought out a scrumptious chocolate cake with Happy Anniversary written on the plate in chocolate icing - a perfect way to end the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhantomGourmetDined on 9/13/2014Great food - excellent dining experience but it is expensive.Special Features:
- It was just ok!luckyladyDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I have been here before and consider this a place to go for special occasions. I was looking forward to a great steak dinner. I ordered the filet with mushrooms. My husband ordered the Cowboy. His was pretty fatty but still enjoyed it. My filet, although cooked as requested, was much dryer than expected. It tasted ok, but was a huge disappointment for a $40+ steak. The noise level was louder than I expected. I guess some people just don't know how to speak softly. Our waitress was great, very personable without being in your face every minute.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I have been here a few times and I love the food! I made my parents a reservation here and added in that it was their 34th anniversary. The restaurant had a note on the table that said happy anniversary and also verbally told them when they checked in! I thought that was nice they went the extra mile to put a note on their table! My parents loved the food as I expected and we will definitely be returning soon! HIGHLY recommended!Special Features:
- ExcellentBigGDined on 9/5/2014Best Pittsburg rare steak I have ever had...Nice wine. Agatha was a great server. An overall fine dining experience. Chatted with the owner.Special Features:
- FrequentDinerDined on 9/4/2014We just celebrated our 38th anniversary at the chophouse on Thurs. It's our favorite place to go for special occasions. Everything was delicious as usual except that my wife's steak came to the table MR versus the MW that she ordered. Obviously this is a quick fix but she declined their offer to cook it more. Despite the fact that We insisted that everything had been delicious and that we were fine...they made frequent offers of free dessert, etc that we declined. When the bill arrived I happened to notice that they had removed the charge for our cocktails. I was blown away by their insistence on "making things right". Their aren't many establishments around that show this much concern for providing an outstanding dinning experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodBornInManchDined on 9/3/2014You would never drive by this restaurant and say, "Let's eat there." However, if you want some amazing food, excellent service, and a beautiful atmosphere, this is the place to come in Manchester.Special Features:
- ExcellentBirthdaygirlon222Dined on 8/31/2014Everything about this dining experience was excellent. 4 of us went for my brother's 50th birthday, pricy but worth it and you only live once! Our server, Patrick, couldn't have been more accomodating. VERY deserving of the 30% tip we left on a $340 bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniebeeDined on 8/30/2014We come to the restaurant from Massachusetts and although it is a bit of a ride it is well worth it. The food is excellent, as are the drinks. The service was very friendly and our server knew everything very well. We have been to your restaurant many times and will certainly be back agan.Special Features:
- Manchester Steak findGailVIPDined on 8/30/2014Had a woonderful night. Staff was wonderful front to back. I left my cluch in a booth and before I was 1 mile away they called so I could turn around before I even knew it was missing. Food was very good. My steak was a tab dry for a NY strip but everything was wonderful. Reserve wines was also a tab overprice ie. a $52 bottle of wine was $120. All our special requests were met and we also felt very specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.