Hanover Street Chophouse
149 Hanover Street
Manchester, NH 03101Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Hanover Street Chophouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hanoverstreetchophouse.com/
- Phone: 6036442467x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Stuart Cameron
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering available for social or corporate events. Our professional staff is committed to providing you with exceptional service with the highest quality of food.
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautifully decorated private dining rooms can accommodate groups of 10 to 36 people.
- Private Party Contact: Christine Higgins 6036442467x210
- Entertainment: Live Piano Bar every Friday and Saturday evening as well as on certain holidays.
A word from Hanover Street Chophouse
We are committed to serving food that will be creative, yet “classic,” service that will be impeccable but not intimidating, in an ambiance that will be elegant, yet comfortable and inviting, ensuring a dining experience that will be extraordinary and memorable!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Hanover Street Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Manchester, NH ›
Hanover Street Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (159)romantic (111)notable wine list (96)fit for foodies (75)good for groups (44)neighborhood gem (42)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (18)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (7)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Our special occasion placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014We went to dinner at the Chophouse for our 32nd anniversary. I had the rack of lamb and my husband had a filet and both were superb. We also tried the avocado fries out of curiosity - they were as good as they sound! Our dinner was delicious and our waitress was top notch. We enjoyed ourselves very much! At the end, the waitress brought out a scrumptious chocolate cake with Happy Anniversary written on the plate in chocolate icing - a perfect way to end the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Great food - excellent dining experience but it is expensive.Special Features:
- It was just ok!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I have been here before and consider this a place to go for special occasions. I was looking forward to a great steak dinner. I ordered the filet with mushrooms. My husband ordered the Cowboy. His was pretty fatty but still enjoyed it. My filet, although cooked as requested, was much dryer than expected. It tasted ok, but was a huge disappointment for a $40+ steak. The noise level was louder than I expected. I guess some people just don't know how to speak softly. Our waitress was great, very personable without being in your face every minute.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I have been here a few times and I love the food! I made my parents a reservation here and added in that it was their 34th anniversary. The restaurant had a note on the table that said happy anniversary and also verbally told them when they checked in! I thought that was nice they went the extra mile to put a note on their table! My parents loved the food as I expected and we will definitely be returning soon! HIGHLY recommended!Special Features:
- ExcellentBigGDined on 9/5/2014Best Pittsburg rare steak I have ever had...Nice wine. Agatha was a great server. An overall fine dining experience. Chatted with the owner.Special Features:
- FrequentDinerDined on 9/4/2014We just celebrated our 38th anniversary at the chophouse on Thurs. It's our favorite place to go for special occasions. Everything was delicious as usual except that my wife's steak came to the table MR versus the MW that she ordered. Obviously this is a quick fix but she declined their offer to cook it more. Despite the fact that We insisted that everything had been delicious and that we were fine...they made frequent offers of free dessert, etc that we declined. When the bill arrived I happened to notice that they had removed the charge for our cocktails. I was blown away by their insistence on "making things right". Their aren't many establishments around that show this much concern for providing an outstanding dinning experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodBornInManchDined on 9/3/2014You would never drive by this restaurant and say, "Let's eat there." However, if you want some amazing food, excellent service, and a beautiful atmosphere, this is the place to come in Manchester.Special Features:
- ExcellentBirthdaygirlon222Dined on 8/31/2014Everything about this dining experience was excellent. 4 of us went for my brother's 50th birthday, pricy but worth it and you only live once! Our server, Patrick, couldn't have been more accomodating. VERY deserving of the 30% tip we left on a $340 bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniebeeDined on 8/30/2014We come to the restaurant from Massachusetts and although it is a bit of a ride it is well worth it. The food is excellent, as are the drinks. The service was very friendly and our server knew everything very well. We have been to your restaurant many times and will certainly be back agan.Special Features:
- Manchester Steak findGailVIPDined on 8/30/2014Had a woonderful night. Staff was wonderful front to back. I left my cluch in a booth and before I was 1 mile away they called so I could turn around before I even knew it was missing. Food was very good. My steak was a tab dry for a NY strip but everything was wonderful. Reserve wines was also a tab overprice ie. a $52 bottle of wine was $120. All our special requests were met and we also felt very specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouth watering food!!HanoverfanDined on 8/29/2014Service was great, atmosphere good, request a private table when making reservation . Food could not be any better!! Plan on valet parking as there is minimal parking available in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Anniversary DinnerFoodismynameDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I celebrated our 20th anniversary at the Hanover Street Chop House. We both loved every course and the service was exceptional. Our Waiter Patrick was very knowledgeable and made excellent suggestions. He took time to inform us of the food and in depth preparation and seemed rushed. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Food and service were both outstanding. The server was available all night, but was not overbearing. Food was prepared perfectly. We will be visiting the Chop House again.Special Features:
- Favorite special placeMoonloverDined on 8/27/2014The Chophouse is a high-end restaurant though not in our budget very often, we will like to treat ourselves a couple times of year here. The food is superb and the staff outstanding. We are always treated wonderfully and never rushed like some places. Good food and drink deserve to be savored and not rushed and that is what the staff allows you to do - savor your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hanover Street ChophouseClockerDined on 8/27/2014We enjoyed our recent dinner at Hanover Street Chophouse as we celebrated my mother-in-law's birthday. Entrees for our party of six people included sea scallops, surf and turf, filet mignon and Kansas City strip steak. All were prepared perfectly, and the service was friendly and attentive to our needs and special requests. This restaurant is one of our favorites, and we will definitely return in the very near future.Special Features:
- Outstanding !RedSox04Dined on 8/26/2014Always a great experience, food and service are top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/26/2014Our meals were excellent. The steaks were prepared exactly as ordered and delicious. We'll go back.
- Quite the surprisePECCDined on 8/25/2014I traveled a long way for this dinner and the place was amazing...service was amazing...food was amazing..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014Every time I've been to Hanover Street Chophouse has been a real treat. First of all the service has always been absolutely top-notch. The filet mignon is perfectly prepared and the Asian Pear martini is to die for! When I bring someone there for the first time, it immediately becomes one of their favorite places too. I always leave looking forward to my next trip to Manchester!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedGrazerVIPDined on 8/22/2014We arrived a few minutes early but had to wait over 20 minutes to get seated. The wait service acted a bit arrogant. We both had the 8 oz filet. It was marvelous. We ordered tater tots and asparagus for sides. I didn't care for the tots but my husband enjoyed them. We both liked the asparagus. We had plenty to eat and it was served at a relaxed pace. We were sitting near a large group so it was noisy and a bit distracting. It was very expensive so I would probably reserve it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceJaybirdDined on 8/22/2014We went for our 11th Anniversary and we made a reservation for 5:45 on a Friday night. There was no need for a reservation, but it did get busier a little later. The atmosphere was great, nice and quiet and the service was amazing. We never felt rushed. We had a great meal, the Filet was cooked perfectly and my wife loved her shrimp risotto.Special Features:
- Could Have Been PerfectRcingDined on 8/17/2014Everything was very nice except for one thing. I was very specific with the waitress on how I wanted my steak cooked. It came overcooked. I didn't want to make a big deal about it because I was with my family and it was a celebration. When she came by to see how things were, I shook my head and pointed to the stake. I got absolutely no response. I let it go since it was still very tasty. Everything else was very good. I will probably go back but next time order my steak one step more rare. After all, they can always cook it more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014While a bit on the pricey side, you get what you pay for, with the food quality being excellent. Wait staff was very attentive and helpful. Ambiance could be a bit better -- we were seated next to the hostess station so it was a bit noisy as guests queued up, but not as noisy as a table near the kitchen would have been. Would certainly recommend for that special occasion, or any time you are in the mood for a quality steak (I assume the rest of the menu is just as wonderful).Special Features:
- Our new favorite restaurantloveDined on 8/16/2014We went there for our anniversery and were blown away. We couldn't think of one complaint about anything. The food was outstanding, the service was great and our server even put Happy Anniversary on our dessert plate.Special Features:
- A bit over rated.quag123Dined on 8/16/2014I found the NY strip steak a little tough. For the price it should have been much more tender. The bisque and Caesar salad were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine diningJoanneDined on 8/16/2014For fine dining It was exactly what we expected. The food Quanity could have been more as my husband was still hungry when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice time but expensive.WinemakerMuseDined on 8/10/2014Went there for our anniversary dinner. Took our own bottle of wine. Corkage was inexpensive and service was good. A few goofs by the server were easily overcome. The Sunday special $37 dinner was a welcome surprise. A whole meal for less than we would have paid for just the filets we enjoyed. Best steak in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingMKL525Dined on 8/9/2014Hanover Street rates up there with all the major Steakhouses I've visited throughout the country. I especially enjoyed the multiple ways they prepare filet mignon. I will be coming back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdaygirlDined on 8/9/2014Very good food, good service. High traffic area when we first sat, as a large group needed to use a back elevator to get to a function. Our table was too close to piano.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014excellent food; Amazing service.The best waiter I have ever experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableBedfordgalVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food, service and atmosphere all great. Prices run towards the high end but food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mistake after mistake.HierfamDined on 8/7/2014Our server while personable continued to bring things wrong throughout the meal. From the wrong vegetables to no potato, to no ice cream on the dessert to go. Good thing the food was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLajoierideDined on 8/6/2014The service was exceptional. I had the hanger steak. It was very tender and flavorful. My brother had the house merlot; he savored its complexity. A very enjoyable experience. I had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in ManchesterVeggie1Dined on 8/6/2014And absolutely delicious. Great steaks and seafood (so I'm told) and fabulous sides for the vegetarian, plus an amazing breadbasket. It's a popular place - almost always jammed. The front desk is rarely accommodating, with attitude as they tell you that your table will be ready in 15 - 20 minutes, and you are dismissed to the bar - where there is no seating as all the people before you have also been relegated to the same small space. It has happened so many times, always with the same snide response when asking for your table booked months ahead, that I now assume it is house policy. It rather ruins the good food and friendly service.Special Features:
- Great SteakhouseMeatandSeafoodEaterDined on 8/6/2014This is the best steakhouse in NH, hands down. I've eaten here 20 + times and have never been disappointed. Great place for a business dinner, special occasion or romantic evening for two. I will keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chop House Maybe Best RestaurantjeffDined on 8/6/2014The Chop House may be the best restaurant in downtown Manchester, NH. It is certainly the best place for grown-ups within walking distance of the Radisson Hotel. Great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A finer diner.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014What a treat is is to eat at the The Chop House. The food and service are excellent. Thanks Agatha for the great service.Special Features:
- A treat for our anniversaryETtheEatingTerrestrialDined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed every aspect of the meal, from apps (the seafood tower is worth it) through the dessert. The service was friendly and very attentive. The Manhattan bar menu was a nice surprise with great selections, and house special cocktails were also creative and refreshing. We happened to get the 'Governor Lynch' booth in the back corner (there is a plaque) - an extra treat. Thanks for helping us mark 18 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak house in NHTeotacDined on 8/1/2014Why travel to Boston, when we have our very own top-shelf Steakhouse in Manchester. Great ambiance, reasonable (relative to Boston) pricing, great pieces of meat.Special Features:
- 7/31/14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Amazing food. Everything was wonderful. Basil was an excellent server. I heard about the Chop house on the radio (Howie Carr and Jeff Kuhner) and we're so glad we took the ride north. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.