Hanover Street Chophouse
149 Hanover Street
Manchester, NH 03101Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Hanover Street Chophouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hanoverstreetchophouse.com/
- Phone: 6036442467x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Stuart Cameron
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering available for social or corporate events. Our professional staff is committed to providing you with exceptional service with the highest quality of food.
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautifully decorated private dining rooms can accommodate groups of 10 to 36 people.
- Private Party Contact: Christine Higgins 6036442467x210
- Entertainment: Live Piano Bar every Friday and Saturday evening as well as on certain holidays.
A word from Hanover Street Chophouse
We are committed to serving food that will be creative, yet “classic,” service that will be impeccable but not intimidating, in an ambiance that will be elegant, yet comfortable and inviting, ensuring a dining experience that will be extraordinary and memorable!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Hanover Street Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Manchester, NH ›
Hanover Street Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (161)romantic (104)notable wine list (95)fit for foodies (72)neighborhood gem (47)good for groups (42)hot spot (17)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (8)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent food, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014While a bit on the pricey side, you get what you pay for, with the food quality being excellent. Wait staff was very attentive and helpful. Ambiance could be a bit better -- we were seated next to the hostess station so it was a bit noisy as guests queued up, but not as noisy as a table near the kitchen would have been. Would certainly recommend for that special occasion, or any time you are in the mood for a quality steak (I assume the rest of the menu is just as wonderful).Special Features:
- A bit over rated.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I found the NY strip steak a little tough. For the price it should have been much more tender. The bisque and Caesar salad were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014For fine dining It was exactly what we expected. The food Quanity could have been more as my husband was still hungry when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice time but expensive.WinemakerMuseDined on 8/10/2014Went there for our anniversary dinner. Took our own bottle of wine. Corkage was inexpensive and service was good. A few goofs by the server were easily overcome. The Sunday special $37 dinner was a welcome surprise. A whole meal for less than we would have paid for just the filets we enjoyed. Best steak in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingMKL525Dined on 8/9/2014Hanover Street rates up there with all the major Steakhouses I've visited throughout the country. I especially enjoyed the multiple ways they prepare filet mignon. I will be coming back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdaygirlDined on 8/9/2014Very good food, good service. High traffic area when we first sat, as a large group needed to use a back elevator to get to a function. Our table was too close to piano.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014excellent food; Amazing service.The best waiter I have ever experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableBedfordgalDined on 8/9/2014Food, service and atmosphere all great. Prices run towards the high end but food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mistake after mistake.HierfamDined on 8/7/2014Our server while personable continued to bring things wrong throughout the meal. From the wrong vegetables to no potato, to no ice cream on the dessert to go. Good thing the food was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLajoierideDined on 8/6/2014The service was exceptional. I had the hanger steak. It was very tender and flavorful. My brother had the house merlot; he savored its complexity. A very enjoyable experience. I had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in ManchesterVeggie1Dined on 8/6/2014And absolutely delicious. Great steaks and seafood (so I'm told) and fabulous sides for the vegetarian, plus an amazing breadbasket. It's a popular place - almost always jammed. The front desk is rarely accommodating, with attitude as they tell you that your table will be ready in 15 - 20 minutes, and you are dismissed to the bar - where there is no seating as all the people before you have also been relegated to the same small space. It has happened so many times, always with the same snide response when asking for your table booked months ahead, that I now assume it is house policy. It rather ruins the good food and friendly service.Special Features:
- Great SteakhouseMeatandSeafoodEaterDined on 8/6/2014This is the best steakhouse in NH, hands down. I've eaten here 20 + times and have never been disappointed. Great place for a business dinner, special occasion or romantic evening for two. I will keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chop House Maybe Best RestaurantjeffDined on 8/6/2014The Chop House may be the best restaurant in downtown Manchester, NH. It is certainly the best place for grown-ups within walking distance of the Radisson Hotel. Great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A finer diner.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014What a treat is is to eat at the The Chop House. The food and service are excellent. Thanks Agatha for the great service.Special Features:
- A treat for our anniversaryETtheEatingTerrestrialDined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed every aspect of the meal, from apps (the seafood tower is worth it) through the dessert. The service was friendly and very attentive. The Manhattan bar menu was a nice surprise with great selections, and house special cocktails were also creative and refreshing. We happened to get the 'Governor Lynch' booth in the back corner (there is a plaque) - an extra treat. Thanks for helping us mark 18 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak house in NHTeotacDined on 8/1/2014Why travel to Boston, when we have our very own top-shelf Steakhouse in Manchester. Great ambiance, reasonable (relative to Boston) pricing, great pieces of meat.Special Features:
- 7/31/14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Amazing food. Everything was wonderful. Basil was an excellent server. I heard about the Chop house on the radio (Howie Carr and Jeff Kuhner) and we're so glad we took the ride north. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionbri123Dined on 7/29/2014I would like to thank entire staff for a wonderful evening,every dish we order was done perfect. If you love seafood you have to try seafood tower it was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEVER DISAPPOINTED!fivedonahuesDined on 7/29/2014Haven't been here in awhile, but, with my son being home for a few weeks and now leaving again for Atlanta we wanted to treat him before he left (all of our special occasions are spent at the Chop House). We three had different salads, entree's, and dessert's. We all agreed that while the service is always great, the food seemed even better than all the times before. How is that possible when we've always thought their food was top notch?Special Features:
- Another excellent mealJandLVIPDined on 7/29/2014We bring friends from Brookline, MA, every year for our Christmas in July dinner and they always marvel at having such an outstanding restaurant so close to us in New Hampshire. We all had steak (filets and a Delmonico) that were, as always, cooked to perfection according to individual tastes (from rare to medium-well). The sides were delicious and the salads (a chopped salad and a Caesar) were outstanding. And for dessert the rhubarb was scrumptious. Drinks and wine were outstanding also, as was the service. For sure, our annual visit (and a few more in between) will continue.Special Features:
- Nice evening, not up to usualMrsSRDined on 7/26/2014We routinely choose HSCH as our Special Occasion restaurant. We have celebrated our Anniversary there for years, and also spend New Years Eve with them. We did notice this time wasnt up to the usual standards. The service was good, but not the high level experience we've come to know from Hanover. The food also was good but not great as we have come to expect. The scallops were quite small on both appetizer and entree presentations, the oysters creole resembled small canned clams in size and the filet, quite honestly, wasnt up to the standards we would expect at a top shelf steak house. I would rather see prices increased than sacrifice quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sir EatsalotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Great food, excellent atmosphere/ambiance, male bartender was helpful selecting wine and food choices - very knowledgable. Unfortunately we had the female bartender who had no personality and did not provide much beyond taking the order and delivering the drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistent high qualitytmottDined on 7/23/2014We frequent 5-10 times a year, mostly as special occasion. Consistent high quality. Highly recommend for lunch or dinner or bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak HouseSmokeyVIPDined on 7/21/2014This was my second visit to the hanover Street Chophouse and, as with the previous visit, the store met my expectations. The lighting is soft, service is smooth, and the steaks are cooked as ordered. This will be my "go to" place during further visits to the area.Special Features:
- A Gem in the Queen City Crownepicure1Dined on 7/21/2014If you miss the great cuisine, impeccable wine and beer selection and ambience of the classical restaurants of yesteryear, give this place a try. It was a gratifying experience to find this level of cuisine and service in the Northeast US - and, yes, that includes Boston.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceJCteachDined on 7/21/2014Excellent food. Kristin, our server, was warm, friendly, and knowledgeable. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestauranttravelerVIPDined on 7/20/2014This is in the top three of the best restaurants that in go to. Great food, superior service, and always a top experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+++++ service and food!JazzersueDined on 7/20/2014Such a treat to dine here! Food was outstanding. Both my husband and I had the special: a Delmonico center wrapped in bacon, topped with portobello mushroom. Delicious! Our son had his first Filet Mignon. He wasn't disappointed! He also thought the Caesar salad was one of the best he has ever had. My son and I finished with a strawberry shortcake, and my favorite, tiramisu. Equally fantastic! And the wine list does not disappoint. Our server, Basil, was THE symbol of perfection. He was very accommodating to our needs and questions. Very proper and polite but approachable and kind. Hanover Street Chophouse is a very expensive restaurant, but you definitely get what you pay for here. Perfect location to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Manchester AmericanNFLsfittestVIPDined on 7/19/2014This was our second trip here. HSC is a good reliable in the Manchester Restaurant scene, and serves a very good selection of American Steakhouse Classics with an excellent meat selection. It's fairly solid and the service is excellent. The ambience is dim and heavy-mahogany looking, with classic styling. The clientele is a cross section of local society. This is New Hampshire, so gentlemen in t-shirts and shorts are no surprise, the ladies are more elegant. We had an starter each and both of had meat of excellent quality as entrees. The vegetable of the day were a little colorless but tasty all the same. A man in a suit may ask you if your steak is OK, after you have clearly consumed three quarters of it. Service excellent and charming.Special Features:
- BESTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014the chophouse is one of the best places we've ever been!the service(thanks Joe) was excellent,the vibe there is special&the food was out of this world!!!We are not wine drinkers but the place is full of it!!It was a terrific find(you're welcome sweetheart)!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/18/2014We have visited HSC many times. This trip was the least enjoyable. It was extremely crowded due to two local concerts. It did thin out. I had made reservations several weeks prior and was told we would need to wait for the table. A concern given the fact that the bar was overly crowded, no seats, and getting a drink was next to impossible because the bartenders could not keep up with demand and getting their attention was challenging. This is not a reflection on them, they were working very hard to keep up. Meal was mediocre at best. Service (Agatha) was terrific. All in all not a very enjoyable experience, especially given the expense.Special Features:
- Exceptional CuisineJerryDined on 7/18/2014We usually eat out everyweek but this is the 1st time we visited the Chop House and it will not be the last. This was one of the best dinners my wire and I have ever had. The Delmonico and the Chicken Pam Dinners were exceptional. We have bragged about our dinners to everyone since.Special Features:
- delish app dishLaBellaJDined on 7/18/2014Special on the menu the evening we dinned at Hanover Street Chophouse was a baby spinach, feta and watermelon salad with a beautiful lemon vinaigrette dressing that made for a wonderfully light and fresh salad! 2 thumbs up!!!!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014This was our first visit to the Restaurant and will not be out last . I was a home run you guys hit it out of the park. Easy Reservations on line to a welcoming atmosphere as soon as we walked through the door. Food and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarenDDined on 7/16/2014Wedge salad was among the best I've ever had. Cheese plate was fantastic. We liked the sweetened walnuts on the platter... Very nice night out (our first time there -- we just moved to NH from CT)!Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningDcurtisDined on 7/15/2014My husband and I came for a wonderful dinner and we celebrated our 6 year Anniversary! The evening was romantic and we really enjoyed the food and the waitress. She went out of her way to make our evening special and we appreciated it. Thank you Chop House and we will be back soon!Special Features:
- AnniversaryDined on 7/14/2014Excellent service, great selection, great food. Food was cooked as requested.Special Features:
- Modeled After Capital GrillejustaguyDined on 7/11/2014It's basically a direct rip off of the capital grille, and succeeds in most areas. Great food and drinks. Steaks are excellent. A good time, every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Class actgaryDined on 7/11/2014This restaurant has it all - from the hostess to dessert you are made to feel as though you are their only customer. Food and service is always fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticsteakloverDined on 7/8/2014My wife and I both thought our meals were fantastic! Great service, great ambiance, Outstanding food!Special Features: