Hannas Prime Steak
22195 El Paseo, Ste 110
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688Neighborhood:
Rancho Santa Margarita
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Hannas Prime Steak
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hannasprimesteak.com/
- Phone: (949) 709-2300
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday
11:30am - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday
11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Sean Reynolds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We would be delighted & honored to help you plan your special event from start to finish! Our management team will turn your vision a reality – from the first glass of champagne to the last bite of dessert. Looking for something unique? Let our executive chef orchestrate a signature menu tailored to your liking and composed of only the finest and freshest ingredients available. We also offer a prominent list of wines to pair exquisitely with our dining options. Conduct your next event at Hanna’s and we will guarantee you and your guests will experience an evening you will never forget!
- Private Party Facilities: At Hanna's we are thrilled to help our guests design their perfect special event! Our private dining services include but are not limited to venue selection, custom menu creations, fine china and stemware, beautiful table linens, professional service staff, bartenders, music, floral designs & more!
- Private Party Contact: David Hanna 8772642098
- Special Events: • Anniversary celebrations
• Baby showers
• Birthday parties
• Bridal showers
• Cocktail receptions
• Corporate functions
• Dinner parties
• Drop off / mobile catering
• Engagement parties
• Holiday gatherings
• Sports banquets
• Wedding rehearsal dinners
• Wedding parties
A word from Hannas Prime Steak
Hanna’s Restaurant & Bar was established in 2005 and has quickly become one of Orange County’s premiere dining establishments. Named one of the U.S. top 100 restaurants, Hanna's Executive Chef, Sean Reynolds offers modern American Steakhouse cuisine prepared with classic, traditional flair. Our appetite for an exceptional dining experience is rooted deep in our passion for extraordinary culinary creations and exemplified in our award-wining service and ambiance. From our friendly bartenders, vibrant ambiance, outgoing wait staff, and incredible menu, our guests are always embraced in a comforting fashion. And on any given night you can always find owner David Hanna mingling among guests and ensuring that every detail of their experience at Hanna’s is nothing short of extraordinary.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Hannas Prime Steak - Best Restaurants in Rancho Santa Margarita ›
Hannas Prime Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (118)special occasion (106)fit for foodies (97)notable wine list (85)vibrant bar scene (64)hot spot (64)romantic (52)good for groups (51)great for lunch (46)great for outdoor dining (34)late-night find (14)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- We love this placejuliejuliejulieVIPDined on 11/24/2014Dave Hanna runs an amazing restaurant. If you are looking for something a little quieter, ask for the wine room. We had a nice dinner with our daughter and a friend in the wine room and the noise level was great. Food was excellent, service is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hanna's Always Deliversbest2bitesDined on 11/23/2014Went to Hanna's for dinner with another couple who are very particular. As always the servers and management bent over backwards to accommodate. Everything was exceptional including the wine suggestions. Not just the main course, but the starters, sides, and desserts are all perfectly prepared and taste delicious. Will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not recommended for quiet, upscale dining....MikeDined on 11/22/2014After reading several favorable reviews, I took my wife there this past weekend to celebrate our 45th anniversary and was somewhat disappointed. The noice level made it very uncomfortable to carry on a conversation, even at a table for two, and although the service was very good, our wedge salad was forgotten, and the steak was over-cooked. For those wishing energy and a lively atmosphere of partying, this is a good choice. For those interested in having a quiet, romantic dinner, I would not recommend Hanna's. Unfortunate also is the lack of dress code, as we saw everything from dinner jackets to levi's and t-shirts.... Probably will not return....Special Features:
- GeorgeDined on 11/20/2014The food was great. Our waiter, Kevin, was great. The greatness ended there. The noise level was very high in general. It became unbearable when we were seated in a small room with a party of 16 there as well. We actually had shout to speak to Kevin as he did as well to speak to us. Very unpleasant. Additionally, we had reservations, arrived early, and still had to wait past our scheduled reservation time to be seated even though there were a number of tables clearly available. The wait would not have been an issue except there is no place to wait to be seated except to stand in the doorway as people and staff come and go. Patrons are forced to 'get out of the way' and constantly try to find somewhere to stand. No seats are provided. Very unfortunate experience.
- Always is Great!Boiler13VIPDined on 11/15/2014We love this local gem. So glad we live close by to such a great hot spot. This was the first time we did not sit in the wine room. Actually, prefer the wine room over any other spot. We were right by the kitchen and it was very noisy and congested. The food was great as usual and it never disappoints. Everyone is so welcoming from when you step inside to when you leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mad I just found this place! My New Steak Place!CpudanparksVIPDined on 11/12/2014And I'm pretty upset that I just now found this place. What a huge winner! I booked a second dinner reservation while I was still there having the first dinner! Also booked some space in the wine room for a group over Christmas holidays! 5 stars and 2 snaps up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for the "Wine Room" seatingTooSexyDined on 11/11/2014First visit and thankfully we chose the "Wine Room" dining area which was quiet versus the bar area which was boisterous even though less than half full. Kind of odd that with a reservation in a half empty restaurant we were only offered tables on the patio or high tops in the bar area and then offered the wine room when we didn't seem that thrilled with either choice. House salad and Squash/chipotle soup were excellent, as were the steaks - cooked correctly and not in need of any of the "signature" toppings or sauces IMO. Brussels sprouts were dry, overroasted and in need of seasoning. Will be back to venture deeper into the menu...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Semper-fiPookieDined on 11/10/2014I wanted a great place to celebrate the Marine Corps Birthday with a (former Marine) friend of mine. What a fantastic burger and beer lunch! As always, Hanna's is outstanding. It was also great to see Austin working behind the bar. He represents the place very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the top 10OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2014First let me say that I've had my share of prime steak from all the well known and some not well known prime steak houses. The perfectly cooked bone-in rib-eye I had recently at Hanna's was one of the top 10 all time steaks I've ever had. What was also refreshing was that compared to other prime steak houses Hanna's is small and cozy. The staff was attentive and helpful and the wine list is decent and well rounded. I have to definitely say that my wife and I will return for more.Special Features:
- Hannas is always a sure thingksb48VIPDined on 11/8/2014We love Hannas....especially the appetizers which we share and the tacos....side dishes are awesome....cocktails are really good and wine selections are the best in the area. It's always clean, servers are trained well and food is consistently good! We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughSuburbanogreDined on 11/8/2014Hannas is a real standout in the RSM/Mission Viejo dining desert. Our party on two was seated at our reservation time. The wait staff was knowledgeable and attentive. Both of our starters and steaks were excellent and cooked to perfection. The wine list is very good, but the iPad is a bit much. There is pleasure to be derived from paging through a good wine list, rather than "pointing and pinching." The only criticism we have was that the bar was slow. Initial cocktails took too long, and the second martini arrived with the entrée. All-in-all, an excellent dinner and high on our "do again" list.Special Features:
- Great NYC-Style Steakhouse in O.C.SJLawDined on 11/7/2014Top-notch staff, tasteful décor, good food and wine list. Warm greeting. Food is offered in the bar and dining room, and it's high-energy noisy. WYATT and KEVIN obviously read our preferences on OpenTable reservations. Wyatt noted this was our first time there and mentioned our request for a “quiet table.” A birthday party was seated next to us, and noisy at times, everything was perfectly acceptable. The piped music in the dining room could be turned off as it added to the noise level, and was annoying. Great wedge and modern Caesars salads! Generous (could be cut in half, but so good). ALL plates are ample and beautifully plated. Come with an appetite. The butter cake with vanilla bean ice cream is incredible. Very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday dinnerJonTDined on 11/7/2014As always Hanna's was delicious and the service superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysLizzyVIPDined on 11/6/2014The calamari was perfect as always. The bread amazing. The main meal was delicious and the bar drinks were made really well. The Cosmos were perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night at Hannas!!SiempreADined on 11/3/2014This was our 6th time dining at Hannas and once again the food and service were excellent. We had a late night reservation on a quiet weekday evening - yet the staff were very attentive and the food (Seabass, NY strio and steak salad) was delicious and arrived perfectly prepared. Our visit reconfirmed that this is the best quality restaurant in RSM / Ladera Ranch area for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing - start to finish!foodiefromRSMDined on 11/3/2014Hanna's never disappoints. The service, from the minute you walk up to the restaurant, you are greeted by the hostess with a smile & a door being opened for you. The food is hands down the best we've found in a long time & it is consistently good every single time you eat here. The drinks from the bar are delicious & the desserts are amazing too. The owner is always on premises at night & the servers really seem to love their place of work. Awesome place that comes highly recommended! If I could give it 10 stars I would.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I have ever eatenwelltraveledeaterDined on 10/28/2014Outstanding cuts of beef. Service was excellent too. Everyone polished off their plates. It was that good!Special Features:
- AwesomechickadeeDined on 10/25/2014This was our first visit to Hannas and the service, food and drinks were outstanding. We will be sure to enjoy many more dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love coming hereDebandmannysadventuresVIPDined on 10/23/2014Good food, fun atmosphere, outstanding service! Hanna's is always a fun place to go for dinner. I recommend making a reservation, especially if you're going on the weekend.Special Features:
- Outstanding as usual!VolvoFanDined on 10/19/2014Hanna's is consistently outstanding. Great food, good service, vibrant atmosphere (more reserved in the wine room) and outstanding wine list.Special Features:
- excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This place has excellent fid and excellent service. Will be going again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!RSMMomDined on 10/17/2014The food and the service never disappoints. Just love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kevinVIPDined on 10/17/2014We had great food and FANTASTIC service (Wyatt!). They did ignore the fact that I told them we had a special birthday to celebrate......
- Happy CustomerMD67Dined on 10/14/2014The service level is fantastic ! The food was amazing ! The owner come over to our table and introduced himself personally. I was very impressed by that. My only comment that needs improvement is that the noise level is a little to loud for the space. Also, since the kitchen is in the middle of the restaurant. The ventilation needs improvements. I had a little of a difficult time breathing at a few points . It felt like our table was right in the cooking space. .....All in all.....i will definitely return . Great Job !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyEdwarcDined on 10/10/2014We have been to Hannas several times because the food is so great. This was the first time we sat in the bar area for dinner. As usual the food was great, but the noise level was so high, we literally had to yell to one another to talk. SO if you go, be wise and ask not to sit in the bar area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Secret in OCCaynerVIPDined on 10/7/2014Slight menu changes - all of the food is great, but now there are some new additions to try! The skirt steak was as tender and flavorful as you could/would ever imagine a steak having.... and don't ever miss a chance of having the warm butter cake!Special Features:
- great as usualmonkey1886Dined on 10/6/2014Servicr was excellent as was the food. It was a warm evening so we had the chicken salad & the steak salad - could not have been any better. Fresh & flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite placeBillDined on 10/2/2014This place can't be beat. The combination of the ambiance, service, and food is beyond compare. You can enjoy the energy of the main eating and bar area if you choose, or you can have a quite dinner in the wine room if you choose. It's not cheap but worth every penny.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2014Food and service was terrific. Only down side was noise level. Pretty loud, difficult to carry a conversation. Everything else was top drawer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good special occasion restaurantLindalcDined on 10/1/2014Vibrant, busy atmosphere. Great evening for a special occasion. Our party had short ribs, filet, prime rib dip and all were delicious! Cocktails are expertly made but way too expensive! Go on martini night or half price wine Wednesdays.Special Features:
- Hannah RSMMdarnell27Dined on 9/26/2014The food was very good. The service was great and very professional. It was a little warm sitting near the kitchen. Creme brûlée was amazing. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantgreghDined on 9/23/2014I found this restaurant over a year ago while walking by it. Have frequented many times since my first visit. Outstanding food and service. I recommend the bruschetta and the salad containing berries. In the last year other people have found out about this restaurant so last minute dinner has become harder to do, I recommend making a reservation.Special Features:
- Awesome as AlwaysSmittibearVIPDined on 9/21/2014Hannas is probably one of my favorite restaurants and luckily it's close by home. I have been there for lunch, cocktails and many dinners. The service is always exceptional and the food is incredible. My favorite place to sit is the chef's counter to watch the magic happen.Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner at Hannah'sIknowwhatIlikeDined on 9/20/2014Hannah's is consistently providing a fantastic dining experience. I've been there three times this summer and they are 3 for 3. Great service from the time you walk through the door. Nice ambiance whether you enjoy the patio dining, the active bar/grill type of atmosphere, or the quiet special occasion back room. Food is terrific with great variety, careful attentive quality preparation and presentation, and ample portions. Definitely at the top of our list for fine dining.Special Features:
- Great steak!hotrod83Dined on 9/12/2014The food was great, service 5 star, the steak was perfect and so were the sides. I've been here before and this was my second time back, it wont be my last!Special Features:
- Top-notchKtmnelsonDined on 9/12/2014Great service. Great food. It was our first visit and it couldn't have been a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Wonderful!SatsumaVIPDined on 9/11/2014First time going to Hanna's, and went on the recommendation of a friend. Neither of us got a steak, since we were just too hot from the day, but we'll try one next time. Adored the truffled mac n cheese. Licked the plate with the artichoke appetizer. Finished the meal with the oh-so-tender butter cake. Enjoyed specialty cocktails and wine. A lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hanna's is the BEST!Number1Dined on 9/10/2014This restaurant NEVER fails to thrill me with the fantastic foods, incredible service, and superb wine lists. I have never been disappointed for any meal. Many meals are prepared to my specific tastes without even a pause to check with the kitchen.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceSDGrrlVIPDined on 9/10/2014The team at this delightful restaurant made our wedding anniversary a very special evening! From the champagne toast to the gluten free bread, every aspect of this meal was designed to please. Impeccable service and a chance to converse with the executive chef made it a special night indeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceEddieVIPDined on 9/6/2014The manager comped our drinks at the bar when our table wasn't ready right when we arrived. We only waited about 10 minutes on a very busy night. The food and service were outstanding. Our server(s) were very attentive. A great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.