Hannas Prime Steak
22195 El Paseo, Ste 110
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688Neighborhood:
Rancho Santa Margarita
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Hannas Prime Steak
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hannasprimesteak.com/
- Phone: 9497092300x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday
11:30am - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday
11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Sean Reynolds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We would be delighted & honored to help you plan your special event from start to finish! Our management team will turn your vision a reality – from the first glass of champagne to the last bite of dessert. Looking for something unique? Let our executive chef orchestrate a signature menu tailored to your liking and composed of only the finest and freshest ingredients available. We also offer a prominent list of wines to pair exquisitely with our dining options. Conduct your next event at Hanna’s and we will guarantee you and your guests will experience an evening you will never forget!
- Private Party Facilities: At Hanna's we are thrilled to help our guests design their perfect special event! Our private dining services include but are not limited to venue selection, custom menu creations, fine china and stemware, beautiful table linens, professional service staff, bartenders, music, floral designs & more!
- Private Party Contact: David Hanna 8772642098
- Special Events: • Anniversary celebrations
• Baby showers
• Birthday parties
• Bridal showers
• Cocktail receptions
• Corporate functions
• Dinner parties
• Drop off / mobile catering
• Engagement parties
• Holiday gatherings
• Sports banquets
• Wedding rehearsal dinners
• Wedding parties
A word from Hannas Prime Steak
Hanna’s Restaurant & Bar was established in 2005 and has quickly become one of Orange County’s premiere dining establishments. Named one of the U.S. top 100 restaurants, Hanna's Executive Chef, Sean Reynolds offers modern American Steakhouse cuisine prepared with classic, traditional flair. Our appetite for an exceptional dining experience is rooted deep in our passion for extraordinary culinary creations and exemplified in our award-wining service and ambiance. From our friendly bartenders, vibrant ambiance, outgoing wait staff, and incredible menu, our guests are always embraced in a comforting fashion. And on any given night you can always find owner David Hanna mingling among guests and ensuring that every detail of their experience at Hanna’s is nothing short of extraordinary.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Hannas Prime Steak - Best Restaurants in Rancho Santa Margarita ›
Hannas Prime Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (93)special occasion (91)notable wine list (74)fit for foodies (72)vibrant bar scene (61)romantic (51)hot spot (50)good for groups (38)great for outdoor dining (35)great for lunch (34)late-night find (15)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Hannah RSMMdarnell27Dined on 9/26/2014The food was very good. The service was great and very professional. It was a little warm sitting near the kitchen. Creme brûlée was amazing. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantgreghDined on 9/23/2014I found this restaurant over a year ago while walking by it. Have frequented many times since my first visit. Outstanding food and service. I recommend the bruschetta and the salad containing berries. In the last year other people have found out about this restaurant so last minute dinner has become harder to do, I recommend making a reservation.Special Features:
- Awesome as AlwaysSmittibearVIPDined on 9/21/2014Hannas is probably one of my favorite restaurants and luckily it's close by home. I have been there for lunch, cocktails and many dinners. The service is always exceptional and the food is incredible. My favorite place to sit is the chef's counter to watch the magic happen.Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner at Hannah'sIknowwhatIlikeDined on 9/20/2014Hannah's is consistently providing a fantastic dining experience. I've been there three times this summer and they are 3 for 3. Great service from the time you walk through the door. Nice ambiance whether you enjoy the patio dining, the active bar/grill type of atmosphere, or the quiet special occasion back room. Food is terrific with great variety, careful attentive quality preparation and presentation, and ample portions. Definitely at the top of our list for fine dining.Special Features:
- Great steak!hotrod83Dined on 9/12/2014The food was great, service 5 star, the steak was perfect and so were the sides. I've been here before and this was my second time back, it wont be my last!Special Features:
- Top-notchKtmnelsonDined on 9/12/2014Great service. Great food. It was our first visit and it couldn't have been a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Wonderful!SatsumaDined on 9/11/2014First time going to Hanna's, and went on the recommendation of a friend. Neither of us got a steak, since we were just too hot from the day, but we'll try one next time. Adored the truffled mac n cheese. Licked the plate with the artichoke appetizer. Finished the meal with the oh-so-tender butter cake. Enjoyed specialty cocktails and wine. A lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hanna's is the BEST!Number1Dined on 9/10/2014This restaurant NEVER fails to thrill me with the fantastic foods, incredible service, and superb wine lists. I have never been disappointed for any meal. Many meals are prepared to my specific tastes without even a pause to check with the kitchen.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceSDGrrlVIPDined on 9/10/2014The team at this delightful restaurant made our wedding anniversary a very special evening! From the champagne toast to the gluten free bread, every aspect of this meal was designed to please. Impeccable service and a chance to converse with the executive chef made it a special night indeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceEddieVIPDined on 9/6/2014The manager comped our drinks at the bar when our table wasn't ready right when we arrived. We only waited about 10 minutes on a very busy night. The food and service were outstanding. Our server(s) were very attentive. A great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodShmeevaDined on 9/5/2014We've been to Hanna's several times and it's always good. Though I usually get the same thing when I dare to try something new I'm never disappointed. Our all time favorites are Seans sea bass tacos, lobster bisque, cobb salad and the brie cheese appetizer and for you non drinkers... the passion tea!Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceVickiDined on 8/30/2014We loved the ambience of Hanna's and the service was outstanding. We had a booth in the back of the restaurant which we appreciated because there were six people in our dinner party. The food was also unforgettable! Since it was a steakhouse, we all felt that we should order beef from the menu which was great choice for everyone. We will go to this great restaurant again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food... Awesome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Hannah's had probably the best service and friendly professional waitstaff that I've experienced in the South Orange county area. I was impressed that the owner came up to the table and greeted me by my name and welcomed me and my guests. The Ahi tuna stack was very good, the brie cheese as an appetizer I recommend and you have to try the butter poundcake. Another impressive point to note is that hey have free corkage .... I would recommend this for special occasions because it's very expensive. My only critique is that the restaurant is very noisy to the point where it's difficult to have a conversation at the table... It might be because the table next to us was very drunk and loud which isn't the restaurants fault.Special Features:
- not too happy about our experienceDinersDined on 8/27/2014The food was mediocre and the service was slow in spite of having 2 waiters serving us. The steak was chewy and bland, the broccolini was tough and the asparagus was limp. It took forever to get our check because the waiter, Wyatt, was too busy talking to other waiters at the cash register.
- Nice placelove2eatDined on 8/27/2014Great steaks and good food. The service was friendly and efficient. Only complaint is that they do not serve near enough butter with their rolls. They need a larger container for the herb butter they use.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Choice is the new primeMeatloverDined on 8/24/2014We went to Hanna's for a birthday celebration. The service was excellent, and we all enjoyed the baked Brie appetizer and the butter cake dessert. Both items were delicious, and we would certainly order them again. The main course was a different story. Our friends ordered a burger and a scallop and ravioli special? My wife and I ordered the bone in rib eye steak. The steak was perfectly cooked, but it was not tender and had no taste. I expect a $60 steak to be full of flavor and melt in my mouth. The steak was a huge disappointment. We will not be going back to Hanna's for steak again.Special Features:
- Special FinddineforpleasureDined on 8/18/2014I was looking for a different place to take my husband for his birthday. As I was searching at Open Table, I found Hannah's. Decided to give it a try and both my husband and me are sure happy we did. We did have to drive 30 miles, but it was well worth it. The staff are undoubtably the friendliest and attentive we have seen. Our food was delicious. My husband had the special of the night made with skirt steak over risotto. The the risotto was creamy and delicious. We shared a caesar salad and we enjoyed it very much. I had the ribeye and it was so tender and juicy, however, you better have an appetite for this one. I had to take part home. The cocktails were very good. Overall, I would highly recommend Hannah's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmmmmmmm!shoegalTDined on 8/15/2014The food is really good. Everyone really enjoyed everything from the cocktails, to the soups/salads to our entrees. Not only was the food outstanding but the service was spot on as well. It seemed every time I even took a sip of water someone was there refilling my glass. You definitely need to make reservations and there isn't much of a seating area if you arrive before your table is ready however, who cares because the terrific food and impeccable service made you forget about any inconvenience while checking in for your reservation.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in OCFoodee88VIPDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I don't get many date nights, but when we do, Hanna's is our go-to place. The intimate service and outstanding quality of food are above any other restaurant we've dined in a very long time! Our server, Jon, went out of his way to make our evening one to remember! Thank you Jon and thank you Hanna's for being the gem that truly shines in Orange County! Would give 10 stars if I could!! Can't wait to return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FantasticCaynerVIPDined on 8/11/2014Hanna's is as good as it gets - you could have a great meal just eating the appetizers, a place for all protein lovers, an amazing wine list and service that always exceeds expectations.Special Features:
- 5 star service and foodJbatDined on 8/9/2014Went to Hanna's for the first time to celebrate a 50th anniversary. Very impressed by the whole experience. The entire staff is welcoming and attentive. The food was fabulous. Had the edemame app, house salad and filet. All excellent. Will definitely be back. Well done Mr. Hanna.Special Features:
- My favorite OC restaurantClaudiaDined on 8/9/2014Every time we go to Hanna's we it is a wonderful experience. It's not easy to find a restaurant in OC that has amazing food, service that goes beyond the call of duty, and a very cool, fun vibe. David, the owner, is so personable and makes the whole experience even better.Special Features:
- FANtastic!111320Dined on 8/3/2014Hanna's is our family's FAVORITE place to go for special occasions...or whenever we're in the neighborhood (from our home in Orange). The food is SPECTACULAR from appetizers to desserts! The service is top-notch & management goes above & beyond to make sure our experience is always memorable. We look forward to going again & againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary GuestAnniversaryguestDined on 8/3/2014From start to finish Hannah's is an exceptional dining experience. From the moment we walked in, we were greeted with Happy Aniversary, complimentary champagne and a hand written note from Dave himself. A hidden jewel in south Orange County.Special Features:
- First raterhjsgirlDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I ran out of words to describe how perfect Hanna's is. It's the food, the atmosphere, the service, the drinks and the friends that we see...from beginning to end, this place is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousBoiler13VIPDined on 8/1/2014Wonderful food and exceptional service. Highly recommend! the calamari is delicious and the brie appetizer is wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Service... Great FoodSzczukaDined on 7/31/2014A night at Hanna's is always a great one.... the service is always top notch and have yet to order anything that wasn't superb.Special Features:
- Exceptional experienceLocaldinerDined on 7/29/2014We visited Hannah's for my wife's birthday. The service was excellent. We sat in the wine room which is an intimate quiet place to dine. The food was exceptional everything served and cooked to perfection. Hannah's is a very nice local restaurant where Dave the owner is always present and ensuring a great experience for every diner. This is a gem in this part of the county.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmyKVIPDined on 7/28/2014My husband went with two of his friends. He ordered sea bass which was way overdone. The filet was overdone also. The ribeye was okay. The best thing about this restaurant is they don't have corkage on your first two bottles of wine. Service was okay. Don't think we will be going back.Special Features:
- Not up to usual standardOCFoodSnobVIPDined on 7/26/2014As frequent diners, we have come to expect great things here. The service on our visit was mediocre to poor. Slow, inattentive,
- FabulousGardensDined on 7/26/2014Came highly recommended by our friends' for our 20 year anniversary and they did not disappoint! Soup/salad, Entrees', and dessert were very high in quality. Very chilled champagne which I appreciate! Austin, our waiter was amazing with the right amount of attentiveness. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rct1VIPDined on 7/26/2014Terrific food (especially divine soup & delicious hamburgers) & the best service in OC. Great value.Special Features:
- Great Prime steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/25/2014Not much uo can find wrong with this south OC Gem. Steaks 2nd only to Ruth's Chris ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Local Dining in RSMJoannajVIPDined on 7/23/2014Hanna's service and menu are top notch. We dined on "Wine Wednesday" where glasses of wine are offered at a substantial discount. The service is always prompt and friendly. The sourdough rolls are to die for. Don't skip the edamame for an appetizer. It is scrumptious. Love the small plates and all the fresh ingredients. It's a go to when guests are in from out of town. Steaks are amazing and delicious. The cheddar bacon mashed potatoes have plenty of bacon and cheesy goodness and accompany their steaks in a fantastic manner.Special Features:
- Hannas always a great mealksb48VIPDined on 7/19/2014We came by for a quick bite and cocktail on the way to a movie. We love the tacos and cocktails and shared French fries. Hannas is great for a fine meal or a quick bite. Either way the servers are friendly, food is consistently good and vibe is perfect for winding down from a long work day. We will return.Special Features:
- Perfect Anniversary!datenightDined on 7/17/2014Hannah's has been the "go-to" restaurant for my husband and I to get away and reconnect for a few hours. We don't often splurge on ourselves and when we come to Hannah's it's "go big our go home". We always seem to walk away from the night ready to face the world of kids again. The wine, food (BUTTER CAKE, YUM!) and service are always exceptional. This visit we celebrated our 15 year wedding anniversary and it was perfect! We were greeted by our wait staff with a "Happy Anniversary" and a complimentary glass of sparkling wine. Kevin and Tiffany were taking care of us and were very friendly, attentive, and made the night even more enjoyable by their professionalism. The food was delicious as always. Looking forward to our next date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/16/2014Fabulous! Ask for the wine room if you don't like the noise of the bar.
- Delicious Local DiningJoannajVIPDined on 7/16/2014Hanna's menu and wait staff are some of the best around. Their appetizer edamame is a must. It is so tasty. I tried a new item of their summer menu (steak tacos). The meat was cooked perfectly. My guest ordered a burger and was thrilled with the flavor, temperature, and accompaniments. The cheddar bacon mashed potatoes are all to die for! A great local place to hang and celebrate with friends.Special Features:
- Did not live up to the hypeKamogiDined on 7/12/2014Went there for our anniversary dinner. Seated in a small booth across the aisle from the service bar. Delicious and memorable calamari app, but Caesar salad was mediocre and tasteless. Blackened sea bass special was over salted and sat on a gummy variation of gnocchi. Butter cake was stand out delicious! Overpriced...average $50 entree doesn't include much else...not even a veggie.Special Features:
- Always amazingyumsushiVIPDined on 7/11/2014A combination of great food great wine and amazing service always makes this a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.