Hannah's off The Square
111 West Mulberry Ave
Denton, TX 76201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Hannah's off The Square
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hannahsoffthesquare.com/
- Phone: 940-566-1110
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30 - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Sheena Croft
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: At your place or ours, Hannah’s can provide unparalleled service and cuisine for your next special occasion. Our intimate private dining room and enclosed outdoor courtyard can each accommodate up to 50 guests. We also offer delivery service for up to 50 miles from Denton. Hannah’s professional catering staff will work with you to coordinate all the details, from casual to formal events.
- Private Party Facilities: Hannah’s offers several menu options for your event: Customized Menus, Heavy or Pass Hors d’oeuvres, Lunch, Dinner & Brunch Buffet and Desserts and Beverages. Special Occasions: Rehearsal Dinner, Graduation Business Meetings , Wedding Receptions, Birthdays Presentations, Anniversaries, Holiday Parties and Any Special Occasion. Our entire staff is proud of Hannah’s reputation for maintaining the highest standards of service, quality and attention to detail. We pledge ourselves to the success of your private event.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Solomon 9405661110
A word from Hannah's off The Square
Hannah’s off the Square is a casual fine dining restaurant nestled in the heart of Denton. Established in 2001, Hannah’s was originally located at 209 W. Hickory St. with a quaint 40 seat dining room. Hannah’s moved to its current location at 111 W. Mulberry St in July of 2004 and boasts five unique dining areas. A lounge with bar seating, a 50 seat private function room, two main dining areas and a beautiful outdoor courtyard provide an inviting and comfortable atmosphere in which to enjoy food and wine that match the eclectic spirit of Denton, Texas. The culinary expertise of Chef Sheena Croft, a vast and diverse selection of wines and attentive service makes Hannah’s off the Square a memorable dining experience for every occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Hannah's off The Square - Best Restaurants in Denton ›
Hannah's off The Square reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)fit for foodies (63)romantic (57)neighborhood gem (37)notable wine list (36)great for brunch (29)good for groups (26)great for lunch (24)great for outdoor dining (17)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (8)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food findLonalynneDined on 9/16/2014We have never had a bad meal here. Always outstanding food. Would love to eat here more often but it's too pricey. But we do go on special occasions.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureJayBeeDined on 9/16/2014Every visit to Hannah's off the square is an event you will enjoy. The staff is amazing, wine list is fantastic, and the food is wonderful. If you have not been to Hannah's and you live in Denton, you have not been treating yourself.Special Features:
- Our Favorite Place to GoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014Title says it all. Hannah's has been our favorite place for many years even before it was moved to its present location.Special Features:
- Great food, atmosphere and servicebwicbVIPDined on 9/12/2014We knew nothing of Denton TX. Hannah's was recommended by some local persons. We wanted good food and a quiet atmosphere. Hannah met and exceeded all our wants!Special Features:
- Kale Salad Great!Top10VIPDined on 9/10/2014Try this topped with the grilled salmon-great!The dessert was a chocolate pistachio bundt cake, which was also to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!JudeVIPDined on 9/9/2014Found this great restaurant on Open Table. Fantastic truffle fries, martinis, sea scallops, flour less chocolate cake. Loved so much, went back following night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodElephantwalkVIPDined on 9/5/2014First time here and we really enjoyed the food. We were looking a place for a meal before a show at Dan's Silverleaf and picked it because it was conveniently located. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first dateEyesopenDined on 9/5/2014Great place for a first date. Staff was great and we had drinks, tapas and a cheese plate which were all very tasty and great for sharing! Will go back again!Special Features:
- Love Hannah'sVandalDined on 8/31/2014We've been there twice now for brunch...... it doesn't get much better. We had the migas this time. It was so flavorful. Everything had it's own distinct flavor and mixed all together was wonderful. My husband had the same thing only with "everything but the kitchen sink". He loved it as well. Mimosa's are nice........ I have no doubt we'll be back again.Special Features:
- Great...Again!PerryC23VIPDined on 8/28/2014This was my second time here and it did not disappoint once again. The food and service are excellent. Don't think you could go wrong with anything on the menu. This is a great find!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Kale Caesar!Top10VIPDined on 8/27/2014This salad is always good, and you can add salmon, chicken, or shrimp!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining in DentonBebeDined on 8/26/2014Hannah's is the "power lunch" place in Denton. Great for business lunches and also for gathering of friends. Food is always good and service too. During cooler months, the patio is very nice. And the bar area serves great drinks and great munchies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeBankerDined on 8/22/2014This was our first time at Hannah's. The food is excellent. It was really great from drinks to appetizers to the entrees. The waiter, not so much. You would think that when you are celebratining special occasions, you would be offered complimentary desserts. We were not. We will dine there again, but hopefully have a different waiter. He seemed quite inexperienced and unfamiliar with Hannah's offerings. Had trouble answering questions. A great server would have made this a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceFoodieDanDined on 8/17/2014Hannah's off the square is a great place for a fantastic meal and amazing service. My boyfriend and I were there celebrating his birthday and it was perfect. Our servers wine recommendation was great. We got the osso bucco and a tri tip special they had that night. Both dishes were amazing. For desert we got the flourless chocolate cake a la mode which was really tasty. If you are a chocolate lover order that because it is the perfect chocolate experience; very rich and creamy. All in all a perfect experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visitcodycoleDined on 8/14/2014Hannah's restaurant was recommended by a high school classmate as the best place in Denton to eat. She was correct about that! Great food and wine, so good that I returned a few nights later with a former class mate from University. As good as the first time, but then he knew this restaurant well. If you're in Denton, this is the place to dine.Special Features:
- Perfect for our anniversarySomethingaboutjazzDined on 8/9/2014We were in the area for a weekend getaway to celebrate our annivesary. Hanna's was recommended and it was the perfect spot. Comfortable, relaxing, romantic to us along with wonderful service and amazing food. Their food was presented beautifully and the portion sizes were more than generous. We are looking forward to our next visit already.Special Features:
- Great foodMissFrannyDined on 8/9/2014We went here for an anniversary dinner and we're not disappointed. I had chicken, my husband had duck. Both were amazing. I also had a couple of cocktails that were very yummy. We shared Panna cotta for dessert and would definitely recommend that! All in all a very nice night out on the town in Denton. Our server helped me pick the cocktails from the extensive list, and everything was decorated really nice. We probably got there before the bar got hopping, bit that suits us just fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dining in DentonjerrzbearDined on 8/8/2014Hannah's Off the Square comes highly recommended on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. The food was excellent, and the space was so large we had no problem dining comfortably without running into neighboring tables. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- among the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014My husband and I and two friends had dinner there recently and it could not have been a better experience. The staff, the food, the wine were all top class. Our friends have dined in some of the best restaurants in North America and Europe and their standards are high---they were impressed with Hannah's.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentgrumpstumpDined on 8/3/2014We often go to Hannah's for special occasions. We know that whether we try something new or order an old favorite, the meal will be something special. On this recent trip I ordered an old favorite, and it reminded me why I have ordered it several times before: it was a lovely combination of flavors that go beyond the ordinary and help to make a special occasion special.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!KsamDined on 7/28/2014Terrific food, great service! We enjoyed a wonderful lunch. The wait staff was attentive and enthusiastic about the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tried and true with some new...goodelfDined on 7/24/2014I had lunch with a friend that I had not seen in a long while. Kim, our waitress, read the situation and let us take our time to chat and catch up and paced the entire meal perfectly. She also asked before pouring more water (and wine) as well as before clearing the table. The food was perfect as usual as was the wine paring with the food. (pomme frites, beet salad, lobster roll, *peach cobbler *the special dessert of the day) - GREAT new lobster roll on the menu! Poppy seed in the breading of the cobbler added an extra layer of taste.Special Features:
- Pretty gooddentoniteDined on 7/21/2014Went here for our anniversary and the service was really good. The food was pretty good, but not as good as I've had at other similarly priced restaurants. I got the daily special which was the bacon wrapped wagyu tri tip. The flavor was pretty good, but the texture was very chewy and I had to spit out a couple bites to avoid either choking or swallowing a huge piece. The sides of spinach and brown sugar tomatoes were very good, but meat was disappointing. We had the creme brulee for dessert. The top crust was nice, but the custard was very shallow and cold. I've typically had it where it was either room temperature or slightly warm. The blueberries and sliced strawberries on top were good but they still had the green stems on them.Special Features:
- Great placeYummYummDined on 7/13/2014Been here twice- one for Brunch and once for Dinner. At Brunch, it was very busy and service was a bit slow. When I returned for dinner, it was less crowded and service was exceptional. Wonderful speciality cocktails is double bonus point in my world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMaryDined on 7/11/2014We loved the shrimp & grits and ribeye steak! The service was very good as well and I would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experinecebrucet914Dined on 7/7/2014Hanna is a great restaurant, and they have great service. We definitely will visit back again.Special Features:
- Lacking Attention to DetailsusieqDined on 7/3/2014Arrived for dinner at 5:50 pm; waiter said the specials would be out by 6:15-6:30 as the kitchen was a behind in prepping. He incorrectly described French onion soup as having a large cheese crisp on top (turned out to be like a cheese sandwich on top); it was tasty but unlike a traditional French onion soup taste. When asked to describe a "cherry veal demi-glaze" on one of the dishes he was unable. After ordering soup and waiting for quite awhile, we asked why the wait was so long, and he again mentioned the kitchen was behind in prepping and it was stressing him out. Brought wine decanter with chips around the top; requested one without and he wasn't sure they had any without chips; he returned with one that did not have chips.Special Features:
- Good food but kind of loudThatguyDined on 7/1/2014I had the salmon and it was very good and a beer that was tastey, but I thought it was a bit loud. I couldn't hear my date to well so I had to awkwardly lean in a lot. None the less it was a nice fancy place good for special occasions and be ready to spend some $$$$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique menu itemRonno1976Dined on 6/28/2014Great food with unique menu items. The sesame crusted ahi tuna was amazing. Throw in the wasabi mashed potatoes and you never want the meal to end.Special Features:
- First time, but we'll be backBobKfromOakPointDined on 6/26/2014My wife and I needed a night to celebrate some work successes, and looked for something special in Denton, and Hannah's was JUST the spot. It's rare that you go to a place and feel at home, it's so nice to have a place that's a real treat. Eclectic, creative menu, and dynamic service...felt almost old-world in their service. Also, great sound deadening in the dining area, so we could actually HEAR each other talk!!Special Features:
- Great RosssnowballDined on 6/22/2014My wife and I love coming to this restaurant and will get excited months in advance. We were really thankful to have Ross as our waiter again, because he is friendly,knowledgeable, and is a wonderful server. We can't wait to visit again!!!Special Features:
- Great Brunch!happydinerDined on 6/22/2014Hannah's Brunch is most excellent. The blue crab omelet is a foodies treat. I am not a bread lover but the bread basket with the muffins and scones had me changing my tune.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must for restaurant goers!RickHunterDined on 6/20/2014If you enjoy fine dining, then Hannah's Off The Square is the place to go. And when I say "fine dining", I mean at least 4-star, high quality food that is not only a joy to the palate, but a delight to the eye as well. Each dish is visually pleasing, wonderfully aromatic, and a wonderful exploration of flavors to please just about any taste. The wine list is highly impressive, the cocktail menu is a fabulous adventure, and even the appetizers are fantastic! And the wait staff is very polite, enjoyable to be around, and highly knowledgeable about each dish that is offered. Truly, a lovely dining experience no matter the occasion.Special Features:
- Spectacular Dining ExperiencePerryC23VIPDined on 6/15/2014This was my first visit to Hannah's. My daughter was attending Freshman Orientation at UNT and I wanted to find a nice restaurant to take her to the night before. Well, we could not have chosen a better place. My daughter had the Gnocchi, and I had the Sea Scallops. Both were outstanding! The service was excellent as well. Our server was very attentive and took great care of us. I highly recommend Hannah's to anyone looking for a great upscale dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite in DentonfrankDined on 6/15/2014There's a few key spots in Denton, and Hannah's is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is always delicious, flavorful and cooked to perfection. You can't go wrong with their Scallops and Risotto. Service is impeccable. I suggest making a reservation but they will always try to accommodate your party. If you have food allergies, have no fear as their staff will gladly attend to your needs.Special Features:
- Farm to Table with a WaitFiFiVIPDined on 6/15/2014While I keep returning time and again to Hannah's for the exceptional food and service, the wait continues to be such a problem for the kitchen. Hire more cooks or help the kitchen team time the delivery of the courses. Once again, we waited between finishing our salads to the delivery of the entrées over 30 minutes. The servers always seem frustrated with having to make apologies for the kitchen. However, once all the entrees arrived and every guest tried something different we were and have never been disappointed. The seasonal addition of the Shrimp and Grits was a real treat and our guests enjoyed the Chicken Tamales and the what looked to be the best bacon burger in the world. Delicious Blood Orange and Pear Mimosa's to start!Special Features:
- Father's Day BrunchTootsieDined on 6/15/2014We have eaten at Hannah 's on several occasions prior and been completely satisfied. This Sunday brunch was our first at Hannah's and they did NOT disappoint! The brunch selection was varied and they also offered all of their dishes in a gluten free version. They are very conscience of gluten intolerance and very knowledgeable about my dietary restriction. They even made me a GFree Bloody Mary...the base was made from fresh tomatoes and was tastefully done and very enjoyable. I had the Blue Crab Omelet and my husband had the Migas. My omelet was perfectly done with an impressive about of crab. My husband enjoyed the Migas overall but felt it was a little lack luster compared to other meals we have had. Overall, great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem IndeedAMF9393Dined on 6/13/2014I would have never heard of Hannah's had it not been for my Theory teacher at UNT, his wife is the executive chef. So I took my wife there for our anniversary and it was well worth every single penny. Our waiter was attentive even though another table was monopolizing his time. The food was superb, absolutely superb! The wine selection was also stunning and they have a large by the glass selection. Our next trip is for brunch or perhaps the tapas menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Premiere restaurant of DentondtsronDined on 6/13/2014Not sure if thee is another restaurant in Denton of this level of food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/1/2014We have eaten at Hannah's for lunch, dinner and now Sunday brunch and all are good! Great food & great service!Special Features: