Hannah's off The Square
111 West Mulberry Ave
Denton, TX 76201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Hannah's off The Square
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hannahsoffthesquare.com/
- Phone: (940) 566-1110
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30 - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Sheena Croft
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: At your place or ours, Hannah’s can provide unparalleled service and cuisine for your next special occasion. Our intimate private dining room and enclosed outdoor courtyard can each accommodate up to 50 guests. We also offer delivery service for up to 50 miles from Denton. Hannah’s professional catering staff will work with you to coordinate all the details, from casual to formal events.
- Private Party Facilities: Hannah’s offers several menu options for your event: Customized Menus, Heavy or Pass Hors d’oeuvres, Lunch, Dinner & Brunch Buffet and Desserts and Beverages. Special Occasions: Rehearsal Dinner, Graduation Business Meetings , Wedding Receptions, Birthdays Presentations, Anniversaries, Holiday Parties and Any Special Occasion. Our entire staff is proud of Hannah’s reputation for maintaining the highest standards of service, quality and attention to detail. We pledge ourselves to the success of your private event.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Solomon 9405661110
A word from Hannah's off The Square
Hannah’s off the Square is a casual fine dining restaurant nestled in the heart of Denton. Established in 2001, Hannah’s was originally located at 209 W. Hickory St. with a quaint 40 seat dining room. Hannah’s moved to its current location at 111 W. Mulberry St in July of 2004 and boasts five unique dining areas. A lounge with bar seating, a 50 seat private function room, two main dining areas and a beautiful outdoor courtyard provide an inviting and comfortable atmosphere in which to enjoy food and wine that match the eclectic spirit of Denton, Texas. The culinary expertise of Chef Sheena Croft, a vast and diverse selection of wines and attentive service makes Hannah’s off the Square a memorable dining experience for every occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Hannah's off The Square - Best Restaurants in Denton ›
Hannah's off The Square reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)fit for foodies (60)romantic (49)neighborhood gem (43)notable wine list (33)good for groups (21)great for brunch (19)great for lunch (16)great for outdoor dining (14)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Creative menu (vegan-meat lovers) allowed!!!YogamaryDined on 11/14/2014Placed in an historic building, great lighting and spacious rooms add to the quiet atmosphere. All of the tables were occupied and we could still talk quietly and hear each other. Creative menu allowing vegans and meat lovers a selection of entrees. Try the seafood risotto. Don't leave without tasting the carrot cake! Our waiter was friendly but lacked knowledge of the menu, ingredients and was unable to pronounce several of the selections which caused confusion in ordering. We were not rushed through our meal and found ourselves waving down other servers to assist us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RingoDined on 11/14/2014Visited Hannah's with my sister who is in a wheelchair. Parked in their handicapped space, which is in an area of the lot farthest from the restaurant. No curb cuts or ramps on the walkway from the lot to the front door entrance. A metal door jamb, about 2 inches high made it difficult to get the wheel chair in. The hostess stood by observing my struggle, without offering to help. Even with a reservation, we were then seated at a table in a far back corner, next to a window that was leaking cold air. Much annoyed ado made when we asked to move. The server then offered us a table in a "private dining room." We said no thanks. We did not go out to eat to sit in an isolated room. And guess what? They managed to find us another table in a remote corner. Clearly, they did not want other diners to be forced to view a lady in a wheelchair. For shame, Hannah's! As they say, our money is the same as anyone else's. In fact, we ordered liberally, including wine and cocktails. Big tab, generous tip. Hannah's is a beautiful place. The food is just outstanding, and our server was great. But, they need to be more handicapped friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected Pleasurehappened2findDined on 11/8/2014Visiting Denton for the weekend and did a quick search on nearby restaurants and discovered Hannah's. Had earlier visited the town square to explore downtown shopping and local atmosphere. Learned of the history of the restaurant and the current location and was met with a wonderful experience. Highly recommend if your in Denton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeididayoutDined on 11/6/2014This place is exactly what I was looking for to treat my son and his girlfriend for a dinner. Even we came late ( 21:00) the staff and the food was exceptional. I deffinitly will go again and recommend this place to others. The tip came from Heritage Inn where I stayed over night.Special Features:
- Great food, BUT...dalcustDined on 11/6/2014Wonderful and sophisticated menu, preparation and presentation but please, the wine is overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ModernManVIPDined on 11/3/2014Love Hanah's - it's one of my favorite restaurants in the country. Great food and very comfortable atmosphere. LOVE IT!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014The food was incredible and the service was perfectSpecial Features:
- VERY good, except....OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Other than one staff member having seated my date prior to my arrival and then not letting the other staff members, or me, know about it, which became a sort-of big deal, the service and food were terrific. Amends for the seating error were offered and accepted by me, but not so much by my date. ...some things you just can't fix. But let me get back to the otherwise attentiveness, the waitstaff service and food. It was great. I'd recommend Hannah's to anyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014We went there for my husbands birthday (Halloween Night). The food was delicious and the service was very nice. We didn't wait for anything. Our first course was the Fried Green Tomatoes - my first try of this southern favorite - it was like a caprese salad but the tomato was fried with cornmeal. It was good but I will stick to the Italian version. The potato-garlic soup was served very hot with a swirl of pumpkin puree. The soup was delicious but neither of us were a fan of the pumpkin swirl although it looked very good. My husband loved the Eye of Ribeye it was cooked perfectly. I had the short ribs and the wild mushroom risotto very good. The mushrooms were large and not over cooked. Very Very Goood.Special Features:
- A great night out.Ann1030Dined on 10/27/2014My parents come to visit Texas every year, and they always have to go to Hannah's for dinner. The food and service are always wonderful. We always enjoy looking at the latest in local artwork on the walls. The restaurant is always clean and well kept. The servers are knowledgeable about the food and always have a great wine recommendation. The only problem? We don't know the recipe for the Vegan Meatloaf!Special Features:
- Hannah'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014I took my sister's family there for her birthday. The food was great as always. We had the pomme frites with truffle oil as an appetizer along with calamari. The mains included seared ahi tuni, tenderloin, and scallops. All were well prepared. Our server, Greg, was very personable and added to the evening. Overall it was another great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hannah's is truly a gemInternationalfoodieDined on 10/25/2014We almost left because the hostess was very rude when my Dutch fiancee tried to arrange for a table earlier than our reservation. SO HAPPY we stayed. We decided to sit out on the patio (away from the rude hostess) and although the mosquitoes enjoyed us, the food was truly outstanding. On the specials was a pepper crusted pear arugula salad that came with gorgonzola dressing. We asked the waiter for other options and the chef basically told us "no, that is the way the salad needs to be eaten." We had such respect for that we ordered it anyway and we LOVED the salad. Everything we ordered was really delicious and the patio was quiet and romantic. Our waiter was knowledgeable and just the right amount of attentive. Hannah's is gem...Special Features:
- Nice Place, Food OKBoxerMelDined on 10/25/2014No one, in our group of 6, was impressed with the food. I ordered a roasted beet salad and the beets were pickled and NOT roasted. I also had the quiche and the texture was more like a custard than a quche. Not at all what I was expecting. The food, although pretty, did not meet the taste expectations, especially considering the cost of the meal.
- Don't miss this one!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2014We love Hannah's Off the Square!! The food is wonderful, the service superb-----we could leisurely eat and visit without being hurried along.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Little GemHistoryblondieDined on 10/21/2014This was a great restaurant for a birthday celebration. The Seared Sea Scallops with Lemon Basil Risotto was amazing. Highly recommend! Our waitress was friendly and did a great job of making sure we had everything we needed.Special Features:
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014It was my husband and I first time at Hannah's and we loved it! We were celebrating out one year anniversary and the restaurant was perfect for us. The food was AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic at a priceFoodie2daMaxDined on 10/4/2014This was our first time at Hannah's and found it to be a nice romantic date night place. Nice ambiance, but a bit noisy due to a large group of students by us. The server was nice, but a bit slow to get our wine to us. The food was delicious but pricey and expensive along with 2 glasses of wine. We felt it was not worth the price and would maybe be a once a year type of dining location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, atmosphere and servicebwicbVIPDined on 10/3/2014Was there with three buddies. We had a great meal and great service - even kept my tonic water refilled (without extra charge!). Wish this restaurant was in my home town.Special Features:
- Lovely ExperienceBearDined on 10/3/2014We were celebrating my wife's birthday with a party of 7 and we have selected Hannah's three years in a row! The scallops were amazing! Our waiter did a great job and the wine list has some great wines to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!Tastydiner2015Dined on 10/2/2014Our waitress was amazing. She new her beer and wine list and made excellent recommendations. The food was great!! They also had a wonderful gluten free menu that had many options for a guest in our party. She didn't feel limited on her choices! We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014I will definitely be coming back. Some of the best Denton cuisine I have had!Special Features:
- Worth the Trip!!ClassyVIPDined on 9/28/2014We drove to this restaurant from Edmond, Oklahoma and our son and his family drove from Royse City, TX and our party of seven all agreed it was definitely worth the trip. The food we all chose was delicious, the ambiance was perfect and the service was attentive and responsive. Even though this restaurant is a distance from where we all live we all agreed that we would return. I chose this restaurant based on Open Table reviews which were excellent and in this case spot on. Go there from anywhere as you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot go wrongAMF9393Dined on 9/27/2014We love this place, bottom line is consistency in terms of food. Wait staff is typical, nothing to write home about but still good. The wine list is to die for, great selections both white and red and there is something for every discernible pallet. Can't wait to take my in-laws!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An outstanding dining experienceGaapguyDined on 9/20/2014I have had dinner at this restaurant many times, over the years, and I have never been disappointed by either the food, the atmosphere, or the service.Special Features:
- Great food findLonalynneDined on 9/16/2014We have never had a bad meal here. Always outstanding food. Would love to eat here more often but it's too pricey. But we do go on special occasions.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureJayBeeDined on 9/16/2014Every visit to Hannah's off the square is an event you will enjoy. The staff is amazing, wine list is fantastic, and the food is wonderful. If you have not been to Hannah's and you live in Denton, you have not been treating yourself.Special Features:
- Our Favorite Place to GoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014Title says it all. Hannah's has been our favorite place for many years even before it was moved to its present location.Special Features:
- wonderful evening outlocalgalDined on 9/13/2014Our party of five was celebrating a family birthday. It was a lovely time. Fabulous food. Great service. Thank you for helping us make it special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, atmosphere and servicebwicbVIPDined on 9/12/2014We knew nothing of Denton TX. Hannah's was recommended by some local persons. We wanted good food and a quiet atmosphere. Hannah met and exceeded all our wants!Special Features:
- Kale Salad Great!Top10VIPDined on 9/10/2014Try this topped with the grilled salmon-great!The dessert was a chocolate pistachio bundt cake, which was also to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!JudeVIPDined on 9/9/2014Found this great restaurant on Open Table. Fantastic truffle fries, martinis, sea scallops, flour less chocolate cake. Loved so much, went back following night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodElephantwalkVIPDined on 9/5/2014First time here and we really enjoyed the food. We were looking a place for a meal before a show at Dan's Silverleaf and picked it because it was conveniently located. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first dateEyesopenDined on 9/5/2014Great place for a first date. Staff was great and we had drinks, tapas and a cheese plate which were all very tasty and great for sharing! Will go back again!Special Features:
- Love Hannah'sVandalDined on 8/31/2014We've been there twice now for brunch...... it doesn't get much better. We had the migas this time. It was so flavorful. Everything had it's own distinct flavor and mixed all together was wonderful. My husband had the same thing only with "everything but the kitchen sink". He loved it as well. Mimosa's are nice........ I have no doubt we'll be back again.Special Features:
- Great...Again!PerryC23VIPDined on 8/28/2014This was my second time here and it did not disappoint once again. The food and service are excellent. Don't think you could go wrong with anything on the menu. This is a great find!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Kale Caesar!Top10VIPDined on 8/27/2014This salad is always good, and you can add salmon, chicken, or shrimp!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining in DentonBebeDined on 8/26/2014Hannah's is the "power lunch" place in Denton. Great for business lunches and also for gathering of friends. Food is always good and service too. During cooler months, the patio is very nice. And the bar area serves great drinks and great munchies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeBankerDined on 8/22/2014This was our first time at Hannah's. The food is excellent. It was really great from drinks to appetizers to the entrees. The waiter, not so much. You would think that when you are celebratining special occasions, you would be offered complimentary desserts. We were not. We will dine there again, but hopefully have a different waiter. He seemed quite inexperienced and unfamiliar with Hannah's offerings. Had trouble answering questions. A great server would have made this a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceFoodieDanDined on 8/17/2014Hannah's off the square is a great place for a fantastic meal and amazing service. My boyfriend and I were there celebrating his birthday and it was perfect. Our servers wine recommendation was great. We got the osso bucco and a tri tip special they had that night. Both dishes were amazing. For desert we got the flourless chocolate cake a la mode which was really tasty. If you are a chocolate lover order that because it is the perfect chocolate experience; very rich and creamy. All in all a perfect experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visitcodycoleDined on 8/14/2014Hannah's restaurant was recommended by a high school classmate as the best place in Denton to eat. She was correct about that! Great food and wine, so good that I returned a few nights later with a former class mate from University. As good as the first time, but then he knew this restaurant well. If you're in Denton, this is the place to dine.Special Features: