2187 Lexington Road Suite 7
Richmond, KY 40475Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hangersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8593535035x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday- Friday: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5 PM - Close PM
Saturday: 5 PM - Close
CLOSED SUNDAYS & MONDAYS
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Jones
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Whether it is from a small intimate gathering or a large extravaganza of 300, we can take care of all your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Rebecca room can host up to 60 guest for a private function.
- Private Party Contact: Becky Chenault 8595355035x
A word from Hangers Restaurant
Serving Contemporary American Cuisine, in a a casually elegant atmosphere.Continued
Richmond"s premier destination to see and be seen!
Richmond"s premier destination to see and be seen!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hangers Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (8)special occasion (8)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (5)fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Wonderful Dining Experience!FoodieQueen1978Dined on 9/20/2014We were very pleased with the selection of wine and decadent menu items. The ambience was gorgeous and romantic. I will certainly return to this restaurant again. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Service!BillyGDined on 9/5/2014We had a party of five for my wife's Birthday dinner. The food was great and the service was outstanding. Sorry I did not get the server's name. She did a wonderful job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Dinner was great, food was wonderful, delicious dessert. Would recommend this restaurant for anyone wanting to escape the noise of the commercial dining establishments. Excellent drinks.Special Features:
- cjleeDined on 8/16/2014OMG!!!! Went here for my birthday dinner. AMAZING food!! The portabella mushroom fries just might be the best food I have ever tasted. Hangers is my new favorite place to eat. Perhaps a little pricey but so good. My Mother was a member of our party and is a food critic if there ever was one. She has been bringing her friends from Somerset to Richmond for lunch. So, if Mother likes then it has to be good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!ShawnRaeDined on 8/15/2014Passing through Richmond and found them on Open Table and they had a spot for a reservation for 8 people at exactly the time we would be in Richmond. Wonderful atmosphere and great food selection. Very pleased!Special Features:
- NannyDined on 8/9/2014My brother was visiting from Rochester, NY what better place to have a nice dinner, then Hangers?, is what I thought. My brother who is very particular was impressed with the ambiance, menu and staff. Because of the visit my husband, brother, and myself were hoping for a good time, the waitstaff, Jeremy and John, realized our quest and joined right in. The three of us were very happy with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 51 reviews are from the Hangers Restaurant reviews archive.
- Pleasantly surprisedbothenjsDined on 6/7/2014The food was very good, the service was great. And the restuarant decor is also lovely. I came down from Cincinnati and wanted to take my daughter-in-law to dinner and Hangars came up in a web search and she said she had always wanted to try it- so we did. And we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014We were in town for the summer Special Olympics state swim games and try and find local gems rather than chains - what a pleasant surprise. It's in a strip mall and the outdoor dining overlooked the parking lot but they did a nice job in putting up lovely fencing and plantings. The food was yummy and reasonable - not cheap but not terrible expensive for what you got. The staff seemed to enjoy their jobs and our waitress really did a nice job talking about the live music they have over the summer - wish we lived closer. We will definitely be returning next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findDavidDined on 4/18/2014Excellent food, attentive wait staff, reasonably priced. Everything one could want. We'll be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HangarsSherriDined on 3/29/2014We had an excellent meal and awesome servers. I'd visit again when in Richmond.Special Features:
- The chicken cordon bluegrassOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014The chicken cordon bluegrass was excellent hanger steak was good as well. Our waiter seemed a little rushed but was overall good. The atmosphere was ideal for a quite evening with my wife, very relaxed and comfortable. However the creamy cheesecake stole the show it was delicious. It is upscale at a very affordable price. It is about an hour drive for us but it is definitely gonna be our go to place for special occasions. I would recommend Hangers to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every TuesdayyoginiDined on 3/15/2014Our group goes to Hanger's each Tuesday with anywhere from 2-8 people. The service is professional and not intrusive. When we ask for food to be served in 'not quite the way they would ordinarily prepare it' they acommodate us.Special Features:
- The salmon dish was wonderful.JanetkDined on 3/11/2014The salmon dish was wonderful. My husband Had the Hanger's steak cooked medium rare just as he ordered. The atmosphere was friendly an cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service are goodShupeDined on 3/1/2014Food and service are good for a town like Richmond. Not like the chain restaurants. One thing that did surprise me was when I went to the hostess stand to let them know our party had arrived I was told they didn't receive the notification from OpenTable but she could go ahead an seat me. She said that she doesn't receive them until later. Thought that was very odd.Special Features:
- We told our server we had33dinnerDined on 2/18/2014We told our server we had a show to attend and had to pay attention to our time. She disappeared toward the end of our meal and fortunately the host noticed us and stepped in to help. The place is adorable and the food was unique and delicious. The wait staff doesn't match the ambience though. They need to know the menu and be more professional to maintain the flavor of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No real wow factor...Paramedic635Dined on 2/15/2014Went during Valentine Day weekend....although plesent and decent food; it wasn't what I've come to expect in fine dining. Regular menu had been changed months ago, but was not updated for open table thus didn't have any of the items we wanted. Bar drinks we very undersized and not very tasteful for price we paid. Might be an area gem, but had the chance or knowledge we would have driven onto Lexington. Staff was pleasent but slow, long wait time between courses. If you're in town looking for ok food and not a franchise then go try it...if you are expecting fine dining you may be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One needn't drive to Lexington.JayRDined on 2/14/2014Hanger's is always a great choice for Madison countians. Whether a Sunday dinner, a romantic interlude, or a great place to take visitor's, one can always count on Hanger's. The food is good; but the staff is fantastic. They always make one feel comfortable, and make the occasion even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went on a Saturday NightlovemyMadyDined on 1/4/2014The server was very nice. We waited for what seemed extremely long for our food and bar beverages even though the restaurant was nearly empty. The sodas and waters, though were always prompt. The hot brown appetizer was very good. However, none of us liked our other appetizers or any of the entrees. Overall, it wasn't worth the 45 minute drive from Lexington.Special Features:
- N years eveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013It was fabulous! I went w/2 other couples. It was decorated so beautifully, and hundreds of balloons on the ceiling in the bar area. Very festive, and great drink specials. Menu is always consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversaryGeeteeDined on 12/21/2013Had heard mixed reviews, but we found restaurant very nice. Our waitress was great, food very good. Had the steak n wife had chicken cordon bluegrass. Hotsy totsy was great, would certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with vegetarian optionsMadix3Dined on 12/14/2013Hanger's has become our new "go to" restaurant when friends or family are in town or we are just wanting to treat ourselves to a nice meal. I appreciate the vegetarian options and they have always been happy to alter a dish to make it vegetarian as well. The staff is friendly - I couldn't pick a favorite as everyone we have met there has been good to us. My favorite things at Hanger's are the organic red wines, the Malbec, the Kentucky bourbon coffee, the portabella fries, the Cat's Meow salad, the bourbon mashed sweet potatoes, and the pasta bowls. While I normally limit my dairy intake, it's hard to say no to the ice cream at the end as they always put lots of fruit on top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I had a wonderfulKennyDined on 11/20/2013My wife and I had a wonderful dining experience and the staff were very attentive without being too much of a presence. Awesome dining experience.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor foodw123Dined on 10/15/2013A shame. Nice resturant, good service, but the food is a disappointment. for the appetizer, we had the Caprese Flatbread . EXCELLANT. if we would have just ate a couple of these and left, then if would have been 5 stars It was like a crispy vegiterian pizza For the main dish, we both decided on the Salmon with a side of caesar salad. The salad was very dry. I had to have them add extra caesar, but the choice of lettice still made it very very dry Then the salmon was also not very good. I am not a foodie, but would call it over cooked. and the topping just made it worse. I have made much better myself in the home oven. I hope they turn this around, but unless I hear that they change the chief, I will not be back.
- Wow!JohnDJrVIPDined on 10/11/2013Big town restaurant in a small town setting. Engaging wait staff, great menu, nice ambiance. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageMidwestdinerDined on 9/13/2013Service was the high point during our visit. Server was personable and knowledgable. Food was a different story. Ordered the mini hot browns as an appetizer, they arrived cold and rather bland. The hanger steak was cooked perfectly, but again lacked seasoning. The grits would make any true grit lover cringe. Served with what appeared to be an ice cream scoop with melted cheese on top. The menu just needs better execution.
- Outstanding Dining ExperiencewhittmDined on 8/27/2013Hangers Restaurant is an exceptional dining experience. The quality of its fine Southern fare and service is worthy of locals and those traveling on I-75. My favorite is the grilled shrimp and grits! The steaks and salmon are also terrific, not to mention a wonderful selection of desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experiencebuildtruckDined on 6/4/2013All was very good, and accommodating to our group of out of town business persons. We usually choose Hangers for one of our evening dining locations, when we have out of town business guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurant for aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2013Very good restaurant for a small town in KY. Quite elegant, good food.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013We had a wonderful evening there, very good food, nice crowd but no wait, excellent sesame tuna appetizer. The food is a little pricey but the house cabernet was nice and reasonably priced. Probably not a place we would take our young chldren but a very nice restaurant without having to drive to Lexington.Special Features:
- Extremely nice staffBulldoggyVIPDined on 3/20/2013We went to see Yo Yo Ma at Eastern and chose this place to eat from open tables. It is a lovely restaurant. We had the shrimp and bacon with bleu cheese to start, caesar salad, the hanger steak and the shrimp and grits. Our waiter was very nice but not very knowledgeable about the menu. With more attention to detail...food and staff...this could be a very popular place to eat.
- The ambiance is probably theOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/15/2013The ambiance is probably the best asset Hanger's has, and the bar area was nice, a good place to meet for a drink, but I don't recommend the food at all. While the cheese plate was great--a respectable selection of really good cheeses--and they have a good wine menu, the filet sliders were not good, and the entrees were a real disappointment. The bread they use on the sliders and the prime rib sandwich is flavorless, and the cream sauce for the mahi mahi was just weird. Some strange combination of black pepperiness and overly citrus flavors made it seem wrong. Plus, there was about a gallon of it. Low quality food, high prices. Not worth a second visit.
- First time visitShupeDined on 3/8/2013Overall this is a great restaurant. Decor is very nice. Nice open area so you are not right next to other tables. The bar is large and open. There were five in our party and everyone enjoyed their food. No complaints. Service was very good.Special Features:
- my experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2013Service was prompt, courteous but unobtrusive. Food choices were varied but menu was not overwhelming. Quality of food excellent. I like local cuisine as well as exotic choices and Hangers gave opportunity for both. Highly recommended. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:
- It was my wife's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013It was my wife's birthday . I had made an on line reservation and requested a nice booth and a bottle of wine at the table . This was all done when we arrived . We were there early and there where only a few other people there . My wife had a filet oscar style that she said was very good . I had the ribeye and the cheese grit side . The shrimp app and salads were dood with homemade dressings . Desert was good . I was a little disapointed that a strip was not offered . The ribeye was I thought a little small and thin for the price , but good .Riths CHris prices not even close in quality Overall a good place for a special occasion .Need to step it up just a little higher .Special Features:
- When in Richmond, Kentucky,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2013When in Richmond, Kentucky, this is where you want to eat dinner for sure.Special Features:
- Was looking forward to spendingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012Was looking forward to spending our 10th wedding anniversary here and it was a total anti-climax. My duck was excellent, my wife's chicken was over-cooked and dry and the restaurant put this down to having a stand-by chef on duty.They did offer to replace the meal with another but by that time the occasion was ruined. Needless to say we will not be planning any further special occasions there.
- This is definitely the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012This is definitely the best restaurant in the Richmond area. Actually probably the best restaurant between Lexington, and the Tennessee border along I-75 for that matter. Great for special occasions, but as an everyday hangout well the prices are a bit steep. Don't get me wrong the food is wonderful, and well worth the price, but it is a bit overpriced none the less. Especially the drinks. There's an awsome wine selection, but thier cocktail menu is quite lacking.Special Features:
- Poor Quality Food!!LyleDined on 12/19/2012When first entering restaurant I was very impressed of how elegant and top notch the restaurant appeared. Very Classy! Although my husband was sure he picked the right restaurant to celebrate my birthday, soon turned into disappointment once we ordered prime rib's cooked medium. As soon as we bit into our prime rib it was like chewing rubber. It was so artificial and was not your best cut prime rib!! It was so awful that I could not eat past the first bite, but I didn't complain but hoped the waitress figured it out when asked to bag my untouched steak and I told her no thanks!! The only thing that was enjoyable was the wine and the decor but food definitely is cheap and does not match up to price or elegance!! First impression was my last!Special Features:
- The restaurant was beautiful,theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012The restaurant was beautiful,the food delicious, and the service was second to none! I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Everyone in our party enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Everyone in our party enjoyed his meal--just about everything about it! It was a great evening for a friends' get-together. We needed that; we found it at Hangers.Special Features: