Hana Japanese Steakhouse
1620 Western Avenue
Albany, NY 12203Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Hana Japanese Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hanaalbany.com/
- Phone: (518) 452-4262
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:30 to 11pm: Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Water Chen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Spice up that party with your personal sushi Chefs rolling your favorite sushi for all of your guests. We offer highly trained, well-versed and very personable Sushi Chefs for your next big party. Please call us for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Three private rooms are available for birthdays, anniversaries, and parties. Please call us for details.
- Private Party Contact: Lily 5184524262
- Entertainment: We carry 8 HD flat screen TVs, a private lounge area with a couch for three and a circular Sushi bar with HD programming. You won't miss a catch or a swing here at Hana's. While seated at one of our hibachi tables, you will be entertained by one of our expert chef's while they display their culinary skills.
- Special Events: Have a special party for that loved one? We'll do all the work in planning the menu, setting the ambiance and entertaining your guests...all you have to do is show up. A birthday celebration here is one that will create a lasting memory for all ages.
A word from Hana Japanese Steakhouse
Hana Japanese Steakhouse offers 13 dazzling Hibachi tables, a rectangular sushi bar, private dining tables and a full-service bar and lounge for your enjoyment. Our hip decor, phenomenal food and brilliant staff are here to cater to your every dining needs. We look forward to serving you and your family in the near future. We have three options of dining in our establishment. Hibachi, dining room and sushi bar. Please specify the type of dining experience you'd prefer under special notes. Thank you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hana Japanese Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (9)special occasion (9)kid-friendly (7)fit for foodies (4)hot spot (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great food, rude waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The food was phenomenal but your waitresses need to learn not to reach across the front of somebody to handle anything to the person next to them. This happen repeatedly to me throughout the meal and I found it offensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSaturdaydinerDined on 11/22/2014We took our adult son and his girlfriend to dinner Saturday night. We were disappointed in the slow service of our server and mostly his lack of attention/enthusiasm. This was our first time to Hana but we enjoy hibachi. Hana looks dated and in need of remodel. The hibachi chef was mildly entertaining when he finally arrived and the food was very good. No complaints on the food. Bar service was very slow. Just not the experience that makes you happy to drop over $250.00.
- Entertaining DinnerBeechclubDined on 10/25/2014Very entertaining teppan yaki chef made this a worthwhile, fun experience. The food was standard teppan yaki fare that hit the spot. I had the steak and scallop combination. Scallops were nicely cooked but the steak was overcooked, although the chef asked how I wanted my meat cooked. Fried rice was colorful with vegetables and scrambled egg but fried noodles were very plain with just noodles and sauce. Steamed rice was not of the quality I expect at a Japanese restaurant. Soup and salad were an extra charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/14/2014I guess because it was a Tuesday night is why it was not as fun. The Hibachi chef was not as fun and for my daughter's bday..it was not fun..the person who sang did not smile at all..it was like she was a robot. Noone gathered around the table...it was all from afar. I guess I expected it to be like her last bday there..fun, people smiling, energetic...But the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!Bob58338Dined on 10/11/2014Great food and service! The Japanese food - teppanaki stlye was perfect and the staff was fun! Will be backSpecial Features:
- Excellent experience!HeavyMetalJennDined on 10/6/2014This was our first time at Hana Japanese Steakhouse and I was very impressed! The staff was attentive and efficient, the food exceptional, and the atmosphere was fun! I would definitely return and bring friends 😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timedesiree713Dined on 8/16/2014This was my first time here and first time at a hibachi. It was a blast and the food was fantastic. Highly recommend and will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good hibachiluvtoeatoutDined on 8/7/2014took family visiting from out of town. It was a great place for the 7 of us- including 4 kids- to sit, talk and be entertained. The food appeals to any palate and was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 258 reviews are from the Hana Japanese Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Last minute choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We booked through open table which was fast and easy. There is ample parking and we were seated immediately. Every staff member was very friendly and our hibachi chef was fun! Very clean restaurant and rest rooms. The menu had many choices and the prices were on mark. Delicious experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Pretty Goodcrich113VIPDined on 6/28/2014The food good. Had the filet and shrimp, cooked perfectly. My issue was with the fried rice. The vegetables they add are the precut frozen vegetable mix (carrots, corn, string beans). Would be much better without this and just add fresh vegetables or just onion. The chef was very entertaining and had a few tricks up his sleeve that we had not seen at other hibachi type restaurants. Overall, I would return if I happen to be in this town again.Special Features:
- Hibachi HappeningloverestaurantsVIPDined on 5/19/2014I came in by myself, since I was in Albany on business. Everyone was very courteous, but the service was a bit slow. Miso soup was delicious, and the Teriyaki Salmon was well cooked and tasty. They have beautiful "artisanal" teas on the dessert menu.Special Features:
- Great FoodMADDOGDined on 5/17/2014The chef and food were outstanding. He was very friendly and entertaining. The waitress was also fast to refill our drinks and help in any way she can. Ill be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll miss this placenycfoodieDined on 5/16/2014My family loves this place! They insist on going every time they come up to visit. Cocktails are amazing try the Hurricane!Special Features:
- Intimate LunchAmayznADined on 3/27/2014Went to Hana Japanese Steakhouse for an intimate lunch. great food, great service. Awesome custom drinks list. There's so much on this menu to choose from i was like a kid in a candy store. My partner enjoyed her meal immensely as did I. Will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood gemRadarDined on 3/24/2014A very pleasant surprise. I had reservations, but was seated right away. Very nice decor or ambiance. The artistic show was excellent, the food was even better. The service was topnotch but not intrusive. My companion had never visited a hibachi restaurant and came away very impressed. We will definitely be return customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Loved my first visit to Hanas. Food was excellent. Sat at hibachi table and that was fun. Chef created an interesting show around his cooking. Only complaint was that we were seated in a room with 3 other tables full of squealing loud birthday girl parties so noise was well above energetic. Would definitely go back though if we could get a quieter room so we could head each other speak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicesparks14Dined on 3/9/2014the waitress told me u had a 12 oz Filet, not its 5 oz so kinda disappointed, our table mates were a bit loud which took away from my first experience at a hibachi table it also made it hard to hear and understand our chef but still give it 4 stars even with the slow waitressSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't regret it...seriously!Q0221Dined on 2/22/2014I went to Hana for my 18th birthday with my friends and it was the best way to spend it. The food is great! You have so many options to chose from if you don't like traditional Japanese food. There is something for everyone! I will recommend eating the Hibachi, the food and the entertainment is something you will truly remember. The price is very decent! It'a not too expensive and you are getting your money worth because the quality of the food is amazing. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at this restaurant...KDMIDined on 2/15/2014I had never been to a Hibachi style restaurant before and really did not know what to expect. It was a lot of fun, energetic, and to top it off the food was pretty darn fresh and delicious. Our Hibachi Chef engaged everyone at the table and especially played to the kids at the table. A lot of fun I will be visiting again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out on Valentine's Day by accidentZemer143Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I made a reservation for a late dinner after my co-Ed flag football game, not realizing that it was Valentine's Day. Upon arrival at Hana, I had a sinking feeling that we had made a huge mistake, but we were seated quickly in one of the Hibachi tables, along with 3 other couples. Our server was energetic, quick, and attentive, in spite of the throngs of diners. There was a bit of time that passed before our Hibachi chef arrived at our table, but given the day and the crowd, I would not say that it was a mark against him or the establishment. He was quite entertaining and engaging, and the food was well prepared and delicious. I would recommend this restaurant with no hesitation, and will be back again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My family and I were not surprisedfoodlover517Dined on 1/10/2014My family and I were not surprised by the excellent hibachi experience we had at Hana's. Highly recommend, fair pricing and excellent food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodnotsavedDined on 12/28/2013We have tried many other hibachi places in the Hudson Valley, but none have topped Hana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceYumyumfoodDined on 12/26/2013I took my husband and his friends here for his birthday and reserved a hibachi table. It was an absolutely memorable experience. Highly recommended to anyone that wants a delicious dinner and a great show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Japanese ChristmasMDBluesDined on 12/25/2013It was just my Wife and I on Christmas afternoon and there weren't many choices. We went with Hana and had a great meal and a nice time. It was slow, which made the inattentive service a bit confusing, but the food was delicious as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timebigtDined on 10/30/2013Had a great time. Only couple there, it was early, food was great, fun chef!Special Features:
- FantasticHanaluvrDined on 10/28/2013We attended on our anniversary. The flowers I ordered were waiting at the table. The cook was fabulous, the food incredible. The waiter was horrible. Make sure to get a female to wait for you. The men do not care and will leave you without drinks or needed items. I do however love Hana!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion or anytimeHartDined on 10/21/2013Whether it has been a last minute choice or planned special occasion Hanna's always comes through. The bar had great specials and the hibachi is always fresh and delicious. The staff was very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The host was arrogant andNicoleDined on 10/13/2013The host was arrogant and rude! The waitress Bri P (as listed on my receipt) was fantastic. She was very attentive, gave good suggestions and was the saving grace of our experience. The cocktails were also a highlight - Chris-tini & Lychee Martini's seem to be the favorites from our table. The food was just - okay - standard hibachi food. I have had better hibachi service and food from other establishments in the area. If you don't mind high prices for a mediocre meal, then this is your place.Special Features:
- Second time in two weeks!MomontherunVIPDined on 10/12/2013My hubby liked Hana so much the first time we went he wanted to go back two weeks later! Score for me since I'm always up for this food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the cooking tablesNancyLynnDined on 10/12/2013Japanese being one of my son's favorite, this was a good choice for his birthday celebration. Food was great, service good and we enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new family favorite!MomontherunVIPDined on 9/28/2013I love when I can take my family out to eat and we all walk away happy. Hana did not disappoint! My kids all ate hibachi and loved it, and my husband who can be picky when eating out, enjoyed every bit of his meal. The food here is so great: fresh, well-prepared and very filling with such substantial portions. We will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayMarkDined on 9/21/2013I took my GF there for birthday and she loved it, it was her first time trying Hibachi .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingHanaluvrDined on 9/1/2013Ever since Myoko's closed there has not been a relaxed, excellent food Japanese restaurant in Albany. Hana gives you that. Unlike Koto where it is dimly lit and you get more fu fu than food, Hana gives you an excellent portion with a friendly staff that takes good care of you. The Habachi cooks give great entertainment but all the while prepare an excellent meal. One thing Hana does is to allow you three selections to your entree. This is good if you are a big Japanese food eater or want to try, say Hibachi seafood. Good bar and "doggy bags" if you have left overs. Hana is now #1 on my list. I expect they will see me regularly. Don PSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodKms1Dined on 8/30/2013The food was very good. However, for the price of the hibachi dinners you do not get a lot included. Other hibachi restaurants include salad and or soup, but at Hana that all costs extra. Also, our chef seemed to be rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatNibe529Dined on 8/28/2013I love coming here - I've never had a bad experience!! Overall the best place around for hibachi - great friendly entertaining cooks amazing good and all for a reasonable price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMil3e3Dined on 8/27/2013Loved the food and our waiter was super. The Chef was a little different and I got a little upset because he gave my extra portion of fried rice to the young boy (since he needs it more than me, because he is an adolescent). I did not appreciate him tossing food at each of us at the table for us to try to catch with our mouths either. That to me was a little across the line.Special Features:
- Love the atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2013My friend and I went out to celebrat our birthdays for lunch at Hana's. Although many of the tables were taken, the noise level was low and we were able to have a good conversation along with the fabulous sushi Hana's prepared. It is one of our favorite places to go for lunches throughout the year because the atmosphere is pleasant, the service is excellent, and the food is fabulous!Special Features:
- Tiny Hibachi portions, appetizersspacemonkeyDined on 8/9/2013Tiny Hibachi portions, appetizers late, chef late, low level of enthusiam by Hibachi chef.
- AverageDJSchnDined on 6/27/2013Nothing particularly notable about the restaurant. I went to the Hibachi, and the show was entertaining but there was nothing excellent or unique about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!Tricia2Dined on 6/18/2013Our night out was to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary with our children! We had an amazing night! We all had a wonderful experience! The food was wonderful as was the service! Thank you Hana for helping make our 25th an amazing night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.