Hana Japanese Restaurant
101 Golf Course Drive
Rohnert Park, CA 94928Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Hana Japanese Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hanajapanese.com/
- Phone: 7075860270
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: Ken Tominaga
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for further details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for further details.
A word from Hana Japanese Restaurant
Here at Hana Japanese Restaurant we will be introducing the authentic style of traditional sushi, Japanese cuisine, and wine-friendly foods. We stick to the fresh seasonal fish from Japan that is imported daily and the freshly grown local vegetables and meat. We also have local Napa Valley and Sonoma County Wine and chilled or warm sake that our chef hand-selects from Japan.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Hana Japanese Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Rohnert Park ›
Hana Japanese Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (30)special occasion (18)great for lunch (16)great for outdoor dining (12)kid-friendly (10)good for groups (10)hot spot (8)notable wine list (7)romantic (6)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- best sashimi ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/18/2014we sat at the sushi bar and our chefs were great at making suggestions and listening to our preferences for the best salmon and yellowtail, etc. The wild yellowtail (seasonal) and blue fin tuna (o-toro) was exceptional. We met the sake sommelier and had a couple of glasses of some delicious sakes. The service and presentation was great and we enjoyed a late lunch on a Saturday afternoon that was the highlight of the day.Special Features:
- Superb Japanese cuisineCharVIPDined on 10/16/2014Pricey but worth it. Everything I ordered was wonderful. The rolls were imaginative and delicious. Fish couldn't have been fresher. We'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and sake pairingsAmazingDined on 10/12/2014The team was terrific particularly the sake and food pairings. We decided on Omakase and it was divine, although a little on the expensive side, worth every cent. Thanks to Chef Jen and Sake Master Stuart (spelling?)Special Features:
- hana japanesesuaveDined on 10/8/2014This was such a nice place to find on Opentable. We just wanted a quiet dinner after making our way through Sonoma's wineries and stumbled upon Hana. The sashimi was fresh and the appetizers were made just perfectly. It would have to be the best sashimi I have had so far and I'm from the sf bay area where there are a lot of foodie spots. The service was perfect and was always there when you needed them to be. They gave great recommendations and knew what they were talking about. When looking through the menu, I noticed they had sake pairings but did not have a lot of wines on their list for a place that was so close to local wineries.Special Features:
- BellaBellaDined on 9/27/2014This a very fine Japanese restaurant and reason for 3 stars instead of 4 on food is that portions are small on what they call "large plates". On plus side the fish was excellent, fresh and beautifully prepared. Great selection of sushi. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In search for good diningFoodieDined on 9/27/2014We moved from SF, Berkeley, Oakland area and have been in search for good restaurants in Santa Rosa, Rohnert park, Cotati, Petaluma. I must say that we have been often disappointed with most in this area. Hana was ok.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteCORNVIPDined on 9/25/2014Wonderful food and service as usual! Very appreciative that they pay attention to our seating preference I leave in their comments section when reserving a table! Just great! When we want sushi this is our place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you can get in...it's great!!SonomaMacVIPDined on 9/23/2014We have tried several times to get into this place but the lines out the door were too much. We knew we had to be missing something and we were correct. The food is outstanding! Our server was really exceptional and gave us just the right advice with the menu. The place is small and old but who cares, food is worth the wait!Special Features:
- Freshest sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014Waiter very knowledgable about saki and we had a marvelous carafe of saki (a bit expensive but worth the money). The sushi was some of the best have ever had with unusual seafood especially from Japan. Also enjoyed the sea urchin roe from our own coast (Mendocino). We got there early so it was quiet but quickly filled up and got a little noisier but not too bad.Special Features:
- Great Japanese food5starVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food her is exceptional. We keep trying new rolls and sushi and always include our favorites. The staff is efficient and very knowledgeable of the various selections. They explain everything in detail and offer suggestions. This is one of our favorite restaurants. Be sure to make a reservation as they are always busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceCleanyourplateVIPDined on 9/3/2014We dine at Hana often, it may be our favorite local restaurant. This time, prior to a popular show at the Green Music Center, Hana had an early crowd and they really could not keep up with the flow of orders as diners wanted to eat and head for the show. And it wasn't just sushi orders -- my grilled squid from the kitchen came to the table, and it was a full five minutes before our friends miso soup showed up. Five minutes, for that? It was easily the worst service we've every had there, and while it doesn't dampen our enthusiasm for Hana, it may make us think twice before counting on it as a pre-concert dinner spot. Oh yes, the food was excellent, as always.Special Features:
- SatisfactionCORNVIPDined on 8/28/2014As usual the food service were great. We appreciate that most always the server knows about the food. It's obvious they have tasted the food before, and therefore can make recommendations accurately!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/26/2014It was highly recommended and lived up to its recommendation. We loved it! The fish was very fresh!Special Features:
- This is JapanesePiccofanDined on 8/16/2014This was our third visit to Hana. As before, the food is excellent with a large variety of choices and very interesting selections. I had a Spider role which is one of my favorite rolls. It was the best I ever had. My wife had Black Cod and said it was very good. She is limited in her food choices by gluten allergy so her options are not as great as mine. The service was very good. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and personable. The rave reviews for this restaurant are not out of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/13/2014We don't eat sushi, and we do understand that is what Hana is know for. But, it is a Japanese restaurant and should offer a tempura/terriaki combo for lunch and dinner. Tea is expensive but re-fills are free.
- Excellent SushiALzwineDined on 8/12/2014The food is outstanding Best Sushi in North Bay. Service was great ... servers very knowledgeableSpecial Features:
- Date Night Dinner,LakeCountyFoodie987Dined on 8/9/2014This is my favorite Sushi restaurant in Sonoma County. The food is excellent! As a result, my experience last Saturday was not their wasn't finest moment. My wife and I had a reservation for 7:30 PM and we did get seated until 8:15 PM. They were extremely over booked and the staff seemed overwhelmed. All in all, this restaurant is fantastic and worth the wait even with an overwhelmed Wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hana is it.JEAMendocoastDined on 8/8/2014I eat at Hana pretty regularly when on my break from bus driving from Fort Bragg to Santa Rosa (and back). But this time my wife and I were celebrating her 81st birthday... so we made the open table reservation, adding a note that I knew Lunch Manager Danny would recognize. Arriving and sitting at the sushi bar we told Danny he was in charge of our meal. With little input from us he ordered and presented us with the most spectacular array of sushi and sashimi... paired with the best Sake I have ever tasted... a memorable meal we will repeat...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerBNK40VIPDined on 8/4/2014All the things we ordered were excellent. There were a number of different, innovative things on the menu, the service was perfect, the place is quiet (even with children present).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinarily good sushiSusanZDined on 7/30/2014The sushi and sashimi here are extraordinarily good. The fish is very fresh. Sushi rice is perfectly season. And the preparation is excellent. Maybe the best Toro we've ever had in our lives. Although a little on the expensive side, every bite was worth it. The service was terrific, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatCleanyourplateVIPDined on 7/26/2014Hana is great every time we go -- this experience was no exception. High marks on wine list are for the sake (I don't enjoy sake, but the list is long and Hana has a sake sommelier). The fish is always fresh and tasty, and the selection puts almost every other sushi bar to shame.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014always, the best sushi in the north bay and one of the top in all the bay area.Special Features:
- Best Japanese outside of SF!SaltygeesesDined on 7/23/2014Amazing food quality, taste and presentation. Service was fantastic. Our server Daniel was personable, knowledgeable, and professional. Wine list is well done. Will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi the way it was meant to beMrsareDined on 7/6/2014If you are looking for traditional sushi prepared the way it is suppose to be, this is the place you need to eat. The passion and creativity of the highly trained sushi chefs come through in every bite. Fresh fish that melts in your mouth. They have a sake sommelier who received his certification in japan who can recommend sake based on your taste. With the perfect sushi and sake, I was in foodie heaven. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!lovegoodfoodDined on 7/1/2014I have been here for so many birthdays and every time it never fails to impress me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Japanese food5starVIPDined on 6/27/2014We love Hana. The sushi and other food are delicious. They offer fresh fish flown in from Japan. Their sushi rolls are fabulous. Definitely the best Japanese food in Sonoma County and beyond. We always try a different roll and appetizer. Will continue to patronize this great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcom backJohnDined on 6/27/2014Moved back into area after over fifteen years. Delighted to find Hana still excellent and happy to hear of their new restaurant in San Francisco.Special Features:
- The following 311 reviews are from the Hana Japanese Restaurant reviews archive.
- SereneSgtMjrDined on 6/25/2014We arrived after the lunch rush so the restaurant was quiet and almost empty. That was most suitable but one cannot judge what the noise level would be when the restaurant is more occupied. The decor is pleasing and tranquil. The service was fast, the server very helpful with suggestions especially with some side vegetables. The food was excellent. We were not rushed or pressured. A fine experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKAY at Hana SushiGuscoffierVIPDined on 6/23/2014Not such a great visit at Hana this last time. Generally a reliable spot, our dinner was plagued by inattentive service and lackluster responses. The restaurant could have sold us more drinks if they had seen us asking for them and a request for a spoon was completely ignored. The food when it arrived was good, especially the sushi and the wonderful chicken meatballs. Less successful was a chicken dish that came with rice and mashed potatoes (??) and limp veggies. I like Hana and I will be back, but they were having a bad night this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I hadn't skipped Hana beforeIvebeenaroundsomeDined on 6/21/2014An amazing place to eat - very authentic Japanese, fit for a foodie! Quick and friendly service, nice atmosphere, great prices but yet Hana is "upscale." I loved it and will eat here again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerjgambiDined on 6/20/2014This our families favorite sushi restaurant. So I booked a table for my husband's Birthday. Our two daughters went with him and they had so much fun..it was his first time having dinner with just our two daughters. He will certainly have dinner there again with them..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestAdventurousFoodieVIPDined on 6/17/2014We have thought Japanese/Sushi restaurants in San Francisco were the best. Having discovered Hana we now have a truly great one in our own "backyard", Sonoma County. All of the sushi/sashimi was wonderful. True Japanese wagyu beef sashimi was incredable. Maitaki mushroom tempura fantastic.Special Features:
- Hana Japanese RestaurantJerryDined on 6/14/2014Took my visiting son, a real sushi lover, to Hana and we both enjoyed the sushi. The fish was fresh and the seasonings were superb. The spicy yellowtail role was without a doubt the best I have ever had. I was somewhat disappointed in the salmon/green union role as it seemed to not have much fish in it, but again the taste was very good. There were some service problems: the sushi chef we sat in front of forgot part of your order and the waitress was very nice and helpful but she kept coming over frequently asking if everything was OK. Overall I would recommend Hana as one of the best Japanese Sushi houses in Santa Rosa area.Special Features:
- Hana FanJEAMendocoastDined on 5/31/2014You cannot go wrong with Hana for lunch or dinner. From a bowl of Udon soup to rare Japanese sashimi- its going on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful sushiBertDined on 5/24/2014We can always count on having the best and freshest sushi in Sonoma county. We don't even consider going anywhere else. Just wish Hana were closer to Healdsburg,Special Features:
- HanaClaymarsDined on 5/14/2014Terrific, imaginative alternatives to standard, garden variety sushi restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go-to restaurant in RPNinjaFoodieVIPDined on 5/10/2014We ALWAYS eat dinner here when we visit our daughter who attends SSU. The sushi is always fresh and tasty. My husband loves the uni and tries all the fresh fish sushi. We love the okonomiyaki and the various small plates. We bring my daughter's friends with us so they can experience real Japanese food. We tell all our friends with kids at SSU to try this restaurant. Everyone loves it! We can't wait for PABU to open in the city!Special Features:
- As always, a perfect eveninghibrauDined on 5/3/2014The steak at Hana is marvelous, as is the boiled spinach. If you think you don't like vegetables, the boiled spinach will change your mind. It's small though, so don't plan on sharing it. The diced steak on the hot plates menu is big enough for a small appetite. Hana is one of my favorite restaurants. And the bento box is huge. They have a kids plate that's not on the menu--just ask. My son loves it.Special Features:
- The best sushiStaceyVIPDined on 4/22/2014There is no question - Ken Tominaga is the best sushi chef north of San Francisco. Hana is consistently wonderful. Every dish is well prepared and expertly presented. Servers are knowledgeable and friendly. Sake is the best outside of Japan. Come and enjoy!Special Features:
- Fresh Sushi5starVIPDined on 4/19/2014We love how fresh all the sushi and rolls are at Hana. We try different rolls and dishes each time. The crabs cakes were outstanding and the crunchy roll yummy. This is one of the best Japanese restaurants to eat fresh sushi & rolls. Service is always friendly and attentive.Special Features: