Hana Japanese Restaurant
101 Golf Course Drive
Rohnert Park, CA 94928Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Hana Japanese Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hanajapanese.com/
- Phone: 7075860270
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: Ken Tominaga
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for further details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for further details.
A word from Hana Japanese Restaurant
Here at Hana Japanese Restaurant we will be introducing the authentic style of traditional sushi, Japanese cuisine, and wine-friendly foods. We stick to the fresh seasonal fish from Japan that is imported daily and the freshly grown local vegetables and meat. We also have local Napa Valley and Sonoma County Wine and chilled or warm sake that our chef hand-selects from Japan.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Hana Japanese Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Rohnert Park ›
Hana Japanese Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)neighborhood gem (32)special occasion (26)great for lunch (18)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (13)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (8)good for groups (8)romantic (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- SatisfactionCORNVIPDined on 8/28/2014As usual the food service were great. We appreciate that most always the server knows about the food. It's obvious they have tasted the food before, and therefore can make recommendations accurately!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/26/2014It was highly recommended and lived up to its recommendation. We loved it! The fish was very fresh!Special Features:
- This is JapanesePiccofanDined on 8/16/2014This was our third visit to Hana. As before, the food is excellent with a large variety of choices and very interesting selections. I had a Spider role which is one of my favorite rolls. It was the best I ever had. My wife had Black Cod and said it was very good. She is limited in her food choices by gluten allergy so her options are not as great as mine. The service was very good. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and personable. The rave reviews for this restaurant are not out of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/13/2014We don't eat sushi, and we do understand that is what Hana is know for. But, it is a Japanese restaurant and should offer a tempura/terriaki combo for lunch and dinner. Tea is expensive but re-fills are free.
- Excellent SushiALzwineDined on 8/12/2014The food is outstanding Best Sushi in North Bay. Service was great ... servers very knowledgeableSpecial Features:
- Date Night Dinner,LakeCountyFoodie987Dined on 8/9/2014This is my favorite Sushi restaurant in Sonoma County. The food is excellent! As a result, my experience last Saturday was not their wasn't finest moment. My wife and I had a reservation for 7:30 PM and we did get seated until 8:15 PM. They were extremely over booked and the staff seemed overwhelmed. All in all, this restaurant is fantastic and worth the wait even with an overwhelmed Wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hana is it.JEAMendocoastDined on 8/8/2014I eat at Hana pretty regularly when on my break from bus driving from Fort Bragg to Santa Rosa (and back). But this time my wife and I were celebrating her 81st birthday... so we made the open table reservation, adding a note that I knew Lunch Manager Danny would recognize. Arriving and sitting at the sushi bar we told Danny he was in charge of our meal. With little input from us he ordered and presented us with the most spectacular array of sushi and sashimi... paired with the best Sake I have ever tasted... a memorable meal we will repeat...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerBNK40VIPDined on 8/4/2014All the things we ordered were excellent. There were a number of different, innovative things on the menu, the service was perfect, the place is quiet (even with children present).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinarily good sushiSusanZDined on 7/30/2014The sushi and sashimi here are extraordinarily good. The fish is very fresh. Sushi rice is perfectly season. And the preparation is excellent. Maybe the best Toro we've ever had in our lives. Although a little on the expensive side, every bite was worth it. The service was terrific, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatCleanyourplateVIPDined on 7/26/2014Hana is great every time we go -- this experience was no exception. High marks on wine list are for the sake (I don't enjoy sake, but the list is long and Hana has a sake sommelier). The fish is always fresh and tasty, and the selection puts almost every other sushi bar to shame.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014always, the best sushi in the north bay and one of the top in all the bay area.Special Features:
- Best Japanese outside of SF!SaltygeesesDined on 7/23/2014Amazing food quality, taste and presentation. Service was fantastic. Our server Daniel was personable, knowledgeable, and professional. Wine list is well done. Will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi the way it was meant to beMrsareDined on 7/6/2014If you are looking for traditional sushi prepared the way it is suppose to be, this is the place you need to eat. The passion and creativity of the highly trained sushi chefs come through in every bite. Fresh fish that melts in your mouth. They have a sake sommelier who received his certification in japan who can recommend sake based on your taste. With the perfect sushi and sake, I was in foodie heaven. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!lovegoodfoodDined on 7/1/2014I have been here for so many birthdays and every time it never fails to impress me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Japanese food5starVIPDined on 6/27/2014We love Hana. The sushi and other food are delicious. They offer fresh fish flown in from Japan. Their sushi rolls are fabulous. Definitely the best Japanese food in Sonoma County and beyond. We always try a different roll and appetizer. Will continue to patronize this great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcom backJohnDined on 6/27/2014Moved back into area after over fifteen years. Delighted to find Hana still excellent and happy to hear of their new restaurant in San Francisco.Special Features:
- SereneSgtMjrDined on 6/25/2014We arrived after the lunch rush so the restaurant was quiet and almost empty. That was most suitable but one cannot judge what the noise level would be when the restaurant is more occupied. The decor is pleasing and tranquil. The service was fast, the server very helpful with suggestions especially with some side vegetables. The food was excellent. We were not rushed or pressured. A fine experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKAY at Hana SushiGuscoffierVIPDined on 6/23/2014Not such a great visit at Hana this last time. Generally a reliable spot, our dinner was plagued by inattentive service and lackluster responses. The restaurant could have sold us more drinks if they had seen us asking for them and a request for a spoon was completely ignored. The food when it arrived was good, especially the sushi and the wonderful chicken meatballs. Less successful was a chicken dish that came with rice and mashed potatoes (??) and limp veggies. I like Hana and I will be back, but they were having a bad night this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I hadn't skipped Hana beforeIvebeenaroundsomeDined on 6/21/2014An amazing place to eat - very authentic Japanese, fit for a foodie! Quick and friendly service, nice atmosphere, great prices but yet Hana is "upscale." I loved it and will eat here again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerjgambiDined on 6/20/2014This our families favorite sushi restaurant. So I booked a table for my husband's Birthday. Our two daughters went with him and they had so much fun..it was his first time having dinner with just our two daughters. He will certainly have dinner there again with them..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestAdventurousFoodieVIPDined on 6/17/2014We have thought Japanese/Sushi restaurants in San Francisco were the best. Having discovered Hana we now have a truly great one in our own "backyard", Sonoma County. All of the sushi/sashimi was wonderful. True Japanese wagyu beef sashimi was incredable. Maitaki mushroom tempura fantastic.Special Features:
- Hana Japanese RestaurantJerryDined on 6/14/2014Took my visiting son, a real sushi lover, to Hana and we both enjoyed the sushi. The fish was fresh and the seasonings were superb. The spicy yellowtail role was without a doubt the best I have ever had. I was somewhat disappointed in the salmon/green union role as it seemed to not have much fish in it, but again the taste was very good. There were some service problems: the sushi chef we sat in front of forgot part of your order and the waitress was very nice and helpful but she kept coming over frequently asking if everything was OK. Overall I would recommend Hana as one of the best Japanese Sushi houses in Santa Rosa area.Special Features:
- Hana FanJEAMendocoastDined on 5/31/2014You cannot go wrong with Hana for lunch or dinner. From a bowl of Udon soup to rare Japanese sashimi- its going on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful sushiBertDined on 5/24/2014We can always count on having the best and freshest sushi in Sonoma county. We don't even consider going anywhere else. Just wish Hana were closer to Healdsburg,Special Features:
- HanaClaymarsDined on 5/14/2014Terrific, imaginative alternatives to standard, garden variety sushi restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go-to restaurant in RPNinjaFoodieVIPDined on 5/10/2014We ALWAYS eat dinner here when we visit our daughter who attends SSU. The sushi is always fresh and tasty. My husband loves the uni and tries all the fresh fish sushi. We love the okonomiyaki and the various small plates. We bring my daughter's friends with us so they can experience real Japanese food. We tell all our friends with kids at SSU to try this restaurant. Everyone loves it! We can't wait for PABU to open in the city!Special Features:
- As always, a perfect eveninghibrauDined on 5/3/2014The steak at Hana is marvelous, as is the boiled spinach. If you think you don't like vegetables, the boiled spinach will change your mind. It's small though, so don't plan on sharing it. The diced steak on the hot plates menu is big enough for a small appetite. Hana is one of my favorite restaurants. And the bento box is huge. They have a kids plate that's not on the menu--just ask. My son loves it.Special Features:
- The following 300 reviews are from the Hana Japanese Restaurant reviews archive.
- The best sushiStaceyVIPDined on 4/22/2014There is no question - Ken Tominaga is the best sushi chef north of San Francisco. Hana is consistently wonderful. Every dish is well prepared and expertly presented. Servers are knowledgeable and friendly. Sake is the best outside of Japan. Come and enjoy!Special Features:
- Fresh Sushi5starVIPDined on 4/19/2014We love how fresh all the sushi and rolls are at Hana. We try different rolls and dishes each time. The crabs cakes were outstanding and the crunchy roll yummy. This is one of the best Japanese restaurants to eat fresh sushi & rolls. Service is always friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure.WillMcDined on 4/18/2014Hands down, the best place for sushi in Sonoma county. Top quality fish, knowledgeable staff. Ken is amazing.Special Features:
- Lives up to the hypeRikkus49Dined on 4/8/2014I'd heard a lot about Hana over the years, but somehow never gotten down to Rohnert Park to try it. I'd gotten the impression that it was sort of a yuppie place where they all congratulate each other on their superior taste. I finally got in there this past Tuesday, and I'm happy to admit that my impression was wrong. Our server, Emily, was delightful, the ambiance was tasteful, quiet and low-key, and the sushi world class. I've been eating sushi since 1970, and this is possibly the best I've ever had! The hirame and hiramasu were wonderful, the spider roll superb, and the STC roll (Spicy Tuna California roll) sublime. Go! But go early. You won't be disappointed. And if you are, you need to get your tastebuds recalibrated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast, Fresh, TastyEugeneDined on 3/30/2014We celebrated my wife's Bday. Everything was ready. The server was nice, knowledgeable and quick. We tried numerous types of meals. Food was excellent, sushi and nigiri - outstanding. My friend ordered oysters - they had several types and very fresh and tasty. Everyone of us was happy. Thank you!Special Features:
- A Fantastic First Visit to HanalulumamaDined on 3/29/2014We had always heard great things about Hana - many of them from our friends who are chefs (one of them is Michelin-rated). We love sushi, sashimi and fine sake, so we chose this as a birthday celebration destination for us and two of our friends. We let the experts guide us. The sake sommelier recommended different sake throughout the course of the meal and it was always perfect. We requested chef's choice for sushi, nigiri and sashimi. Everything looked beautiful and tasted wonderful. Dessert included house made sorbet and black sesame ice cream - incredible! We loved it; highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,servicetomdebDined on 3/22/2014We love great sushi and were thrilled with our meal. It was a busy Saturday night and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you love sushi like I love sushiDBICHONDined on 3/20/2014This restaurant is tucked away in an office complex adjacent to the Doubletree Hotel, in Rohnert Park.Go,find it!We had crispy fresh crab cakes on micro greens,lovely contrasts and flavors.Liked the kabobed chicken skewers.But loved loved the Mayatake Mushrooms tempura.Large earthy fingers of umami flavors in crisp hot batter with a fresh radish condiment.Utterly delicious.Our daughter had a beautiful rainbow roll with a sprinkling of orange caviar.She loved it.Ambiance is serene with heated seat in the bathroom! Can't wait to go back.Service was warm, friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too expensive but food was goodDeAnnaDined on 3/16/2014We went to this restaurant before attending a concert at Green Center. Even with our reservation well in advance, there was no table ready and our choice was to sit a crowded uncomfortable sushi bar or wait for a table. We opted to wait so that we could have a decent conversation but then felt very hurried all through dinner. My friend had one glass of a middling chardonnay, I had no drink. We ordered one small seaweed salad, one cup of miso soup and three orders of sushi (note, this is three small pieces of sushi each). We skipped dessert as we were really late for our show but the bill still came to $50 with tip. If I'd had time, I would have asked if they mixed our bill with a larger group table. Insane to pay that much for sushi.Special Features:
- Best Sushi in TOWN!GregDined on 3/14/2014Ken and his staff are wonderful, attentive, and produce some of the best sushi that I have eaten. THANK YOU!Special Features:
- UnexpectedCORNVIPDined on 3/13/2014Our first time, we took our in laws. There were four of us. Although the good was grest as well as the service, the small table for the four of us left us feeling cramped and a bit claustrophobic. My husband requested to have a smaller table added to ours and our server checked and was given the ok! What a difference! If they had denied our request we prob would not return. The evening was SO much better after that! What a great night!Special Features:
- Japanese to the max...SantaRosanDined on 3/11/2014Hana takes pride in it's wide selection of fresh fish for dishes and sushi/sashimi. We agree that the menu is very impressive. Our only concern was that on a Green Music Center concert night, the crowd and pace was challenging. Our dishes arrived in erratic order, due to the kitchen and fresh fish sushi bar not being in sync., so just be prepared. The food was fresh and good. I did try the Hana special sashimi salad especially to try the Yuzu dressing and I could hardly taste any flavor beyond oil and maybe a little vinegar. Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaturdayBillDined on 3/8/2014Reservations recommended on weekend. Sushi was incredible and they had an extensive fresh selection that changes daily. If you like to eat a lot of sushi with saki it gets expensive quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.