1108 N. Main St
High Point, NC 27262Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hamptonsatjhadamsinn.com/
- Phone: 3368822002x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm
High Tea: Monday - Friday: 2:00pm - 4:00pm Reservation Requested
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Derek Cress
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We do All in House Catering through the Restaurant Hamptons, which is on site. Small Parties off site may be accommodated per request.
- Private Party Facilities: We Accommodate Weddings, Bridal Showers, Wedding Receptions, Baby Showers, Birthday Parties and any other event that may pop up.
- Private Party Contact: Leahann Bowen-Schmitt 3368822002x
- Entertainment: Live music every Thursday evening from 7:00 pm -10:00 pm
- Special Events: You Have A Special Event Coming up, Please Join Us and let us make that special day worry free.
A word from Hampton's Restaurant
Hampton's Restaurant is a Four Star Restaurant located in the J.H. Adams Inn, a Historic home but in 1918. The Menu features a wide variety of appetizers, salads, and entrees each with its own depth of flavors and influence from around the world. Signature Dishes like the Flash Fried Oysters with Black Eyed Pea Succotash, the Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes with an Andouille and Corn Cream Sauce are Favorites of our Patrons. Our bar, dining room and patio give each dining experience a unique and comfortable feel. We Feature Live Music and Half Price wine on Thursday Nights. Being located inside the J.H. Adams Inn also gives our Patrons the luxury of having a stay-cation for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Hampton's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Highpoint ›
Hampton's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (3)special occasion (3)good for groups (2)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Very Enjoyable!CMaryFDined on 10/18/2014Great food and great service, even during Market! I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Market surpriseRahrahDined on 10/16/2014We had never eaten here. Great food, service. Not the normal furniture market scene. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Sea bass and scallops were fantastic. A bit pricey though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 35 reviews are from the Hampton's Restaurant reviews archive.
- A bit overpricedfahaDined on 5/10/2014The restaurant itself was pretty nice. However, the food was not worth the price paid. $27 for a chicken breast with mashed potatoes and green beans is a bit overkill and it was not spectacular. It was also one of the lower-priced entrees. My wife had the salmon and said it was good, but not $35 good. We don't mind spending money for great food but we left a bit disappointed.Special Features:
- Birthday TeasirrahDined on 5/7/2014Treated 3 ladies (for their birthdays) to Hampton's special Tea. It was fantastic and beyond my expectation. Kristin did an outstanding job. We are all still talking about our experience. All three ladies are planning an event to bring family and friends to the tea.Thank you Kristin. We will be back.Special Features:
- Service not so good but apologeticLisaBVIPDined on 4/5/2014I love the history of this place and the food is reliable and delicious. We waited a good 15 minutes before we got a server, and that was with asking twice. However, they we very apologetic and offered a free glass of wine or dessert. Market time is always crazy and we understood. I will come back for sure next market.Special Features:
- Charming spot inside renovatedBenchmarkDined on 4/3/2014Charming spot inside renovated 1920's style hotel, wonderful staff, menu excellentSpecial Features:
- Perfect first visitSnowmanDined on 3/19/2014Our first visit was excellent. Had a business dinner with a client and drinks at the bar before dinner. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We chose this place for aOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/19/2014We chose this place for a business dinner, Our out of town executives (from Indinapolis and the UK) were vey impressed with the food (they loved the catfish bites) and the history of the location! We all had seafood entrees and everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodMoondoggieVIPDined on 2/28/2014On the positive side, the food was wonderful and imaginative. It is well worth the price. The cheese board was delicious and the salmon and tuna were both some of the best we have had recently. The venue is a beautiful early 20th century building that has been painstakingly restored. On the negative side, the bread is bland and tasteless. I did not realize that the place was an event venue and there was a large wedding party occupying the entire restaurant. They were quite noisy. After about 20 minutes they moved to the private room and the rest of the evening was amazing. If it had not been for this, I would have given them 5 stars. I will be back, but the next time I will know to ask if they are catering a large on-site event that night.Special Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014It's never too crowded and the food is top notch. It's a little on the pricey side so we save it for special occasions but this is our favorite restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceWorldjetsetterVIPDined on 12/31/2013The food was pretty good but the service was terrible , which made the entire visit subpar. The waitress made it seem like it was trouble for her to be there that night serving tables. Bad experience
- A very pleasant surpriseDodgerDined on 12/31/2013Was late checking for local New Year's Eve seating - discovered Hampton's in High Point had some early space. Although a 35 minute drive, it was delight. Can't speak for the NYE buffet w/ band (we chose to forgo it and order from the menu), but we totally enjoyed the food, service and ambiance in the small main dining room. My wife had a very generous serving of Rack of Lamb; I had a delicious NY strip (only down side was the side of gristle was not removed). Flash-fried oysters w/ succotash was a great app to share. After dinner, we sat in the lobby and enjoyed a great four-pc jazz ensemble. A perfect ending for a private New Year's eve celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Christmas LunchCarmenDined on 12/20/2013Our office chose Hamptons for our annual Christmas lunch. We were a little skeptical at first because the online lunch menu featured mostly sandwiches. However, we were blown away by the food. Yes, many of the items are sandwiches but they are gourmet sandwiches. They will exceed any expectation you have.Special Features:
- Totally enjoyed eating atjazzylady1Dined on 12/19/2013Totally enjoyed eating at this restaurant again. Have been there many times before, but Thursday nights are the best due to it being half-price wine night and live music!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our dinner thereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2013We enjoyed our dinner there very much and the staff was fantastic!Special Features:
- Quaint diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2013Friendly service at a quaint downtown Inn. The food was good but slightly lacking in pizazz. I will return for another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2013They were definitely trying for an upscale foody restaurant, but missed the mark. The food was good, but not worth the price.
- Make sure you're not dining in lobbElevenDined on 4/20/2013This was the 3rd restaurant in area I dined in this week based on Open Table recommendations. I was disappointed that they took our reservation for a table for 5, and then seated us in "temporary" dining area right in the lobby of the INN, with very UNCOMFORTABLE folding metal chairs. The commotions of guests arriving, and then a pizza delivery-man entering the same lobby all while dining was a disappointment to the dining/ambiance. I would have preferred they let us know this was not going to be in the traditional dining room or give us the option of terrace dining (which would not have been good based on the band playing and bad acoustics for dinner conversation.) I don't know if I'll run back.Food was fine.But,didn't make up for the locaSpecial Features:
- Wonderful TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/17/2013We are thrilled to find such a great restaurant in High Point. Every item we've had thus far has been superb. Ingredients are fresh and light. We are already booking reservations for our next trip to High Point.Special Features:
- We have enjoyed many mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/11/2013We have enjoyed many meals at Hampton's. It is always consistent and well, perfect!Special Features:
- Very nice evening. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2013Very nice evening. The food was exceptional and the service was outstanding.
- GREAT FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013The food at The Hampton's was incredible! Wouldhighly recommend this place!Special Features:
- The staff at the Adams isOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2013The staff at the Adams is delightful. It pains me to be negative. But we arrived after a very long day of travel, looking forward to a nice meal. There was entertainment in the dining area, so tables were set up in the entry for diners. Had we known, we would simply have eaten elsewhere. It was embarrassing and uncomfortable to dine in all the chaos around us. Our waitress was unfriendly, and impersonal, and our food was marginal. I couldn't even eat my fish it was so strong smelling. We ended up paying a very expensive bill and then walking to Krispy Kreme to get something to eat.Special Features:
- Ambiance was wonderful. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Ambiance was wonderful. Food Excellent and music lovely for Valentines. Our service was sub-par at best. Waited 15 minutes for our drink order, waitress was informal and cleared my husbands meal before mine indicating she would be 'be back'. It is a lovely place, high end prices I would expect comparable service. Thank youSpecial Features:
- I went to Hampton's for Valentine'sTerryBDined on 2/14/2013I went to Hampton's for Valentine's Day, and it was great for a special occasion. Although we were obviously eating inside on a cold winter's night, they have a super outdoor dining area that would be worth returning to this spring. While our food was quite good, our service was not up to par for an upscale restaurant. Our server would disappear for extremely long periods of time when we made the mistake of telling him that we needed a few more minutes to order. Also, the wait time for our food was incredibly long. Fortunately, my date and I were content in enjoying our time together and not in a hurry. We both liked the atmosphere there, and they had live music in the adjacent bar area that did not keep us from having a quiet conversation.Special Features:
- My wife and I enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/10/2013My wife and I enjoyed our dinner. The food was excellent, as was the service. Thank you for making our evening such a pleasure.Special Features:
- Quality LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/5/2013The portions were Large but the quality was poor. The Steak that was served to my daughter was raw and we sent it back two times and finally gave up. It would have been nice to have been compensated !
- The food and service was outstandinOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2012The food and service was outstanding. Our waiter was very attentive to our needs. The food not only tasted great, but the presentation was very creative and eye catching. Our steaks were cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- The wine was good the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/26/2012The wine was good the food was disapointing, it is a beautiful facility will not return for meetings. The ambiance was outstaning...I would go there for cocktails and wine. I'm sorry to say that our group will not return for meetings or meals.Special Features:
- Not so special dinner...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2012We went for our anniversary and informed them of the occasion when we made the reservation. However, there was no effort made to make us feel as if we were having a celebratory dinner. Our one request was a more secluded or private table, and we were sat in a loud adea right near the front door. We sat at a non-smoking table but every time the serving staff went out to the outdoor tables, smoke came wafting in and it was actually hazy inside the restaurant. Our food was very good, but the ambiance left little to be desired considering that we were told that Hamptons was a fine dining establishment. Overall, the restaurant was fair. I doubt we'll go back considering the price and that we enjoy other local restaurants much better.Special Features:
- nice mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2012I found the ambiance wonderful and the whole atmosphere upscale. The employees were all very friendly and accommodating.The food was good and the presentation beautiful. Great place for a romantic dinner. They had a huge outside dining area that would be great for a day with nice weather. Overall I enjoyed my visit to Hamptons.Special Features:
- Old school high end diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2012A good local restaurant that is a feature in High Point. The staff are hospitable, the layout a little odd. The lobby is a dining area and the lower floor seems too open. The food was well prepared and wholesome. A feature of Southern dining and not just here, is too many ingredients added to make a dish seem interesting. Just local fresh food simply prepared with subtle flavors would be just wonderful. Sadly, cream sauces and fancified dishes work against that end. The quiet table was appreciated as was decent red wine by the glass.Special Features:
- Were seated upstairs and theWLDBILLDined on 8/25/2012Were seated upstairs and the noise was so loud you could not talk at our table. Asked for another table and were seated downstairs, which was very nice. So rating reflects lower dining table. Appetizers/Salad - mediocre, scallops were warm and oysters were cold, house salad looked like it came from grocery blister pack. Main Course – one, the filet, very good; two, duck, OK, and the rib eye was poor, no marbling, way too fat and tough. The side were good. The wine, William Hill, was very good.
- Our son attends HPU and weOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2012Our son attends HPU and we always come here for a great dinner before leaving him at school. Favorites include Charred Cesar Salad, Steaks and fish are great too!Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Not impressed. Not planning on going back nor would I recommend it to anyone. Save your money and go somewhere else.
- Very elegant atmosphere, quietVickiDined on 7/30/2012Very elegant atmosphere, quiet and romantic. The service was outstanding and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent food, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2012Excellent food, excellent service. I will definitely return!!