1131 Manhattan Avenue
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266Neighborhood:
Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://hamptonsmb.com/
- Phone: 3105452096
- Hours of Operation:
Monday : Closed
Tuesday - Thursday : 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Friday & Saturday : 12:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Sunday : 12:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Hamptons
When we set out to open up a moderately priced seafood house in downtown Manhattan Beach with exceptional service, we wanted to have some fun with it as well. We appreciate that our patrons have been long-spoiled with numerous seafood dining options in the South Bay and so we opted to shake up the standard formula a bit. We looked elsewhere for inspiration and, in our humble opinion, there is only one other coastal location in the U.S. that matches the allure of Manhattan Beach…the Hamptons. We enlisted Executive Chef David Linville to help us create a menu based strongly on the cuisine of the Hamptons and the acclaimed designer Jocelyne Borys to provide an atmosphere worthy of our name. When it came time to pair our food offerings with optimum craft beer and mostly artisan wine selections, we brought in the talented David Mokhtarian, someone who has been part of the downtown Manhattan Beach dining scene for several years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hamptons reviews from OpenTable diners
- My husband and I came hereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2013My husband and I came here on Saturday March 16 on a date night,had a 6pm reservation. I couldn't wait to order the cioppino as my husband had that on our 1st visit. I remember being delicious, the soup was rather smooth and creamy versus all tomato-ish, it was different than typical cioppino but it was yummy. Imagine how disappointed I was when it came, the soup was very greasy and had chunks of tomatoes in it, presentation was sloppy, the soup smeared on the top part of bowl and even on the outside. It also had a sprinkle of parmesan which I don't remember being there on our last visit. Most importantly it didn't taste good at all! My husband ordered the steamed mussels/clams/shrimp combo but yet when it came out-no clams nor shrimps!
- I expected something a littleCrystalDined on 3/15/2013I expected something a little more upscale, but this cute little diner was delightful. We had two children, ten and two, with us, and the waitress brought over a box full of toys for them to pick from, which was really nice of her. I made the mistake of thinking they were open later than they were. They close at 9 apparently, and we had just ordered our food. I felt bad but they were so, so sweet about it, insisting that we stay and eat and be comfortable, and not to feel rushed at all. This was a great place to go and I'll definitely go back when I'm in the area again.Special Features:
- I especially appreciate theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2013I especially appreciate the moderate prices for not overbearing portions.Special Features:
- Unfortunately, restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2013Unfortunately, restaurant did not live up to the website. Ordered oysters to start and tool a long, long, long time to reach the table. My order of swordfish was a real disappointment. Fish was only luke warm, 1/4 inch thick and sauce was bland...at best. Sides of mashed potatoes was good by small, and side of beat salad was cold and flavorless. Service was friendly; but, unable to speed up delivery. Pricing is not cheap here, so small portions delivered without care for presentation will prevent my returning.
- Great seafood, good sizedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Great seafood, good sized portions, reasonable prices and excellent and warm waitstaff. Yummy warm chocolate chip cookies complimentary and fresh from the oven for dessert. The only problem is the noise which is typical in those small restaurants in that part of M B. We will definitely return for the food and the warm a d attentive service.., and we will bring more friends to introduce them to hamptons and keep it busy!Special Features:
- Local Hidden GemFoodIsLoveVIPDined on 2/9/2013Incredible local spot with great seafood and traditional food favorites. Try the oysters, fresh or fried, Mahi or Halibut and you will not be disappointed. Their American fried chicken is also to die for!Special Features:
- The staff was very accomodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/8/2013The staff was very accomodating - we called to let them know we were running late and they were able to seat us right away when we arrived. Our server Junior was great, the food was excellent and the wine selection good and reasonably priced. I will definitely be back! :)
- Good food and reasonable priced.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/1/2013Good food and reasonable priced. Great location, since it is right near the pier and the scene.Special Features:
- Big line up outside waitingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/30/2013Big line up outside waiting for tables in this small local spot. Our reservation was handled quickly. Restaurant issmall with tight,close tables and high noise level. Service was prompt and friendly. Bread was good and lobster was yummy, but lobster roll needed something, seasoned mayo or? Chips were dry, cole slaw was bland.
- We had a lovely dinner andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/30/2013We had a lovely dinner and found the wait staff to be attentive and friendly. The food was prepared perfectly. We will go back.Special Features:
- Good food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/29/2013Good food and great service. The owner/manager was very accommodating and friendly. Food a little pricey for portion sizes but I would return for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Very accommodating. SmallOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/29/2013Very accommodating. Small space but comfortable. great seafood selection, lobster tacos were excellentSpecial Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/29/2013What a wonderful experience! What a fantastic restaurant with excellent owners that serve you great food and make you feel at home. Customer service seems to be a forgotten art these days but we found it here at Hamptons! Bret, one of the owners of the restaurant made us feel like friends of his as soon as we walked in. The better than casual ambiance makes you feel is if you're on the East Coast ready for some great seafood. We started off with the amazing good-sized crabcakes that were served on a very tasty salad. We knew we were in for some good food after we devoured those. Soon thereafter we were presented with two big, beautiful lobster rolls. These were the reason we came and we were not disappointed! They were perfectly done witSpecial Features:
- nice folks. very, very noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/27/2013nice folks. very, very noisy. some food was excellent, some not so hot. the lobster bisque was not special at all. in fact it was the least tasty i have ever tasted. it didn't taste bad, it just didn't have that strong lobster and cream and sometimes brandy flavor that bisques i have had in other restaurants have had. the sweet potato fries and the Caesar's salad was delicious.
- I loved everything about it.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/27/2013I loved everything about it. I cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- We were 5 minutes early forDiggieVIPDined on 1/27/2013We were 5 minutes early for our 12 noon reservation and the waiter said we can only order breakfast menu. I calmly told him that 12 noon is lunch not breakfast and I booked because we wanted to have lunch. After asking the kitchen then finally he took our orders, but never came back to ask if we're okay. We have to call his attention for us to get what we needed. Food was so so..., fish was so dry and lack flavors. Will not come back to this place.Special Features:
- great food, make a reservation.CautiousConsumerDined on 1/26/2013The food was great as were the chocolate chip cookies that were served with our bill. The place was a bit too loud, i could barely hear what my guest was saying to me and couldn't hear the waitress at times. The service was good though. Make sure you make a reservation. This place was super crowded and were turning away people as they were fully booked for that saturday night.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013Excellent serivce and food. A great find in Manhattan Beach, Beer list was fantastic along with some great wines. Food was terrific. Pistachio crusted Halibut was awesome.Special Features:
- read reviews on yelp and stillOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/25/2013read reviews on yelp and still decided to check it out. yep, this restaurant needs a complete overhaul or it will shut down. bad flavorless food, unhealthy foods, and skimpy on proteins. sorry but just saying...don't bother
- Great New England style restaurantScubaguyVIPDined on 1/25/2013The service and food here was excellent, We were promptly greeted by a very friendly staff and quickly taken to a table. The wine and beer list was lengthy and full of nice selections. The beer list was impressive loaded with craft beers on tap. The also had a pick four sampler where you can pick the ones you want to try. Our waiter then proceeded to bring over a basket of warn sourdough bread. This was some of the best sourdough we have ever had. We ordered the lobster mac and cheese and Pistachio crusted halibut. Both dishes were very excellent. We were very happy with the portion size of the halibut as many places have been skimping in this area. Not here!!! We look forward to coming back.Special Features:
- When we arrived we had toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013When we arrived we had to wait 25 minutes for our table even though we made reservations. The staff were all wonderful and they handed out some amazing flat bread pizza to keep us happy. The food was great. The restaurant was really loud, we had to raise voices to talk to each other.Special Features:
- Making reservations onlineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2013Making reservations online was super easy and we were greated immediately. We were using a Groupon and we could order anything we wanted, it worked like a gift certificate so we could have just ordered enough that would have been covered by the Groupon, however, the food sounded so good we ordered apps, dinner and drinks and had a great time. The food was fabulous from the oysters on the half shell, lobster wontons, the halibut was probably the best tasting thing ever, but I loved my salmon with lobster sauce as well. The sourdough bread that was brought to the table was my downfall, i love that bread. The prices are reasonable. We would go back.Special Features:
- you get what you pay forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/13/2013Food was cold when it should have been hot. Quality of the food closer to a fast food outlet. Service was marginal. They say attire buisness casual, more like beach attire. to loud to carry on a decent conversation.
- Amazing food, service, and82muchDined on 1/12/2013Amazing food, service, and a warm, friendly vibe. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- The service was great buteatingoutisfunDined on 1/12/2013The service was great but we thought the food was just okay. My husband had the scallop with risotto and it didn't wow him. I had the cioppino special and was told that it would be spicy - well, it wasn't. It was a bit bland and the sauce was oily. The seafood was good but I was disappointed with the sauce. The churros served at the end were awful. We couldn't even eat one. I actually spit it out because it was so doughy.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dinner. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/11/2013Very enjoyable dinner. The oysters were extremely fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- Cramped and loud, but surprisinglyDrJimDined on 1/6/2013Cramped and loud, but surprisingly excellent food! Swordfish and turkey burger were exceptional.Special Features:
- A casual beach spot with goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/6/2013A casual beach spot with good food. Enjoyed the fish and chips and grilled salmon. It can get a little noisy since the space is small. Service was great!
- I loved or waiter he was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/6/2013I loved or waiter he was very friendly and sociable and he made or experience amazing we will be returning this month thanks TJSpecial Features:
- Delicious Seafood!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/4/2013Great fresh seafood. Nice casual date night. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Lobster roll does not tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/26/2012Lobster roll does not taste like lobster or roll. Seafood is apparently not from the sea.
- We wanted to like this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/23/2012We wanted to like this restaurant but sadly our party was dispappointed. The decor was nice enough showing some flavor for the Hamptons. The food however was uninspired, and bland. I dont' think this restuarant is going to make it. The owner needs to stick to his other reatuarant a couple doors down, Mama D's.
- Experience was just OK. ServicefunlunchDined on 12/19/2012Experience was just OK. Service was no great and neither was the food. Would not go back.
- Good with room to ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/15/2012Wehave dined at Hamptons for lunch but this was the first time for dinner. The food has been good on all occassions but service is always a bit lacking. The waitstaff is young and may not be seasoned servers or have had much training. It took time to get our drink and appetizer order taken, then when the flight of beers arrived he didn't tell us which beer was which. Bread served would be better if it was warm and it was a bit dry from having sat out. However, the mashed red potatoes were delicious and fluffy, the grilled vegetables done perfectly (not overcooked) and the fish was grilled nicely and very moist. All of it could have used a little more seasoning though.
- actually this is a diamondOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/7/2012actually this is a diamond in the rough. very congenial atmosphere and service was very good. Oh! I forgot to say the food was FANTASTIC.Special Features: