Hammocks Trading Company
7285 Roswell Road
Sandy Springs, GA 30328Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Hammocks Trading Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hammockstradingcompany.com/
- Phone: (770) 395-9592
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30 am - 4:00 pm, Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: William Sigley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Customized Catering options, call Jason to inquire.
A word from Hammocks Trading Company
Hammocks Trading Company is the choice for high quality seafood in North Atlanta. Local owners Jason Sheetz and William Sigley pride themselves on great food, service, bar, and atmosphere. Together they have 50 years of restaurant experience at the best restaurants in Atlanta and Las Vegas. Hammocks combines our attention to detail with a casual neighborhood feel. Our most reviewed items include the BBQ Oysters and the Baked Salmon. Both were reviewed in the AJC and on Atlanta Eats. Our menu features cuisine from the southern coastal regions of the United States. Gumbo, Shrimp and Grits, BBQ Ribs are just a few examples. Our fresh veggies include fried okra, creamed corn, and collard greens. The grouper sandwich has become known as the best in town. Our other sandwiches include the Crispy Shrimp or Oyster Po-Boys, Smoked Chicken Salad, Brisket, and the Salmon BLTA. We are family friendly and have options for all ages. Every item from the kitchen is made from scratch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Hammocks Trading Company - Best Restaurants in Sandy Springs ›
Hammocks Trading Company reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (58)fit for foodies (33)kid-friendly (29)good for groups (29)great for lunch (23)great for outdoor dining (19)vibrant bar scene (10)special occasion (10)hot spot (9)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (6)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)romantic (1)Show More
- HammockssheleeDined on 11/22/2014First visit and i would definately return if in the srea. Just a nice place to meet friends with good food, good, friendly staff and a nice menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fresh fish, good price in the hood!CarotoppVIPDined on 11/2/2014Fresh seafood close to home! Terrific. The decor and ambiance leave a bit to be desired...maybe it's the lighting. Had barbecue oysters. Interesting flavor and really meaty. I had heard their oysters were wonderful. The gumbo was really good also. The shrimp & grits is one of my favs. The shrimp were huge & very tender. The grits were delicious in a broth type of sauce. We ordered brisket and it was delicious as well. No room for dessert. Service was right on.Special Features:
- Came here for my birthdayKatieVIPDined on 10/29/2014A friend found Hammocks near our workplaces and we decided to go for my birthday. It was outstanding! The food was great, big portion and fresh seafood. I liked the oysters the best. I made a reservation and they were ready to welcome me when I walked in. Our waitress Shannon was wonderful and very cheerful, she was very knowledgeable with the menu and made great recommendation.Special Features:
- Sam10Dined on 10/24/2014Great restaurant in all areas. Love to go, consistently good. need to be able to block sun better at certain tables. Noise level way too high, hard to have conversation. Noise is the only complaint, especially now that there is valet parking. That's the only complaint I hear from others also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParkingSeafoodlover12Dined on 10/17/2014Our most recent visit was on a Friday evening for a & PM reservation. Valet parking was a nightmare. More than one attendant is needed for the peak dinning hours/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hammocks is full of nice surpriseswineyblondeDined on 10/16/2014Our amazing dinner included Oysters Rockefeller (you will never have better), FRESH gigantic King Crab legs, great service, fun & relaxing atmosphere. We had a super nice evening with family from out of town. Our server was very attentive & good at her job. What a great place to feel comfortable and have "out of this world" food.Special Features:
- Never disappointsSaraATLDined on 10/11/2014We are lucky enough to be able to walk to Hammocks and visit often. The food is always fresh and great- faves include the oysters, crab cakes, smoked chicken and tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and slowDwoodynieghborDined on 10/10/2014Great to have a fun neighborhood restaurant. Our first time there, on a Friday night. Glad we made a reservation but table not available. Way too loud inside to enjoy a conversation. Deck was nice. Food OK, not worth returning.Special Features:
- HmBerkVIPDined on 9/26/2014Chef can really, really cook. Specializes in many types of oysters, but recently did Oktoberfest special with all home made German specialties and had different craft beers paired with dishes.Special Features:
- Not the bestOnASeeFoodDietDined on 9/23/2014Our server was nice but she was not very attentive. And I think she was under the influence of something. They had huge shrimp. Unfortunately it was bland. All of the food was bland and required us to try to make it better tableside. The best part was the fries. And it was a gorgeous day so the opportunity to sit outside was great.Special Features:
- Surprise find!JosetteVIPDined on 9/21/2014Not what we expected, very good food and service! Everyone's choices were a winner. Looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over pricedpinkieDined on 9/13/2014Food was good but not everything came with a side. Sides were good, however $5 for a small cornbread muffin cut in half was a little over the top. Veggies ranged from 4 to 5 dollars a sideI would recommend this to a friend.
- Just really good food!YummyDined on 9/7/2014We've enjoyed 2 meals at Hammocks and we are planning a third. We really enjoyed our dinners and the s'mores dessert is great for sharing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WendyDined on 9/7/2014Had Fish & chips - great grouper, fresh, a little greasy, but good. Nice find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday CelebrationATLfoodieDined on 9/5/2014My second trip back in two months. Awesome, took a friend for her first time and she loved it as well. Our waiter was awesome and very attentive. We had a lot of fun with him. Had a great time celebrating my friends birthday and will definitely be back again soon. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Seafood FoundrichlennDined on 9/5/2014The ambiance was that of a shore seafood restaurant, all the way to the aromas wafting throughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungryGirlVIPDined on 8/29/2014Great food and drinks. I wish they had more vegetarian options!Special Features:
- local spot, love bringing visitorsAndreaDined on 8/25/2014Someone at the table always gets the spicey chicken sandwich, old bay seasoned French fries are great as an appetizer and with the meal. The salmon and grouper are great choices and you have to top it off with a cocktail and s'mores for the table!Special Features:
- Dissapointing and upsettingScottDined on 8/15/2014Was in the area and in the mood for some Floridian inspired seafood. Nice place, busy. Menu looked good but service slow. Ordered a beer which was flat, ordered another type - same deal. Ended up drinking it and wished later i hadnt. Shared a crabcake - looked like a hockey puck - shredded - not lump - meat and tons of filler. Entrees were shrimp po boy (excellent) fries (cold) and grouper special. Fish was about 3 oz, 3 pieces of asparagus for $25. Simply not good value and certainly not Floridian standard. Waiter was either absent or there at the wrong time - brought the desert menu before we finished dinner, muttered the F-bomb when we asked him to leave. Bill was wrong 3 hours later had serious stomach issue - suspect the beer
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Have dined at this restaurant since it opened. Always has been very consistent and fairly priced for what you getSpecial Features:
- Our Neighborhood Gem..Now EveryonesAstromanVIPDined on 8/9/2014When Hammocks first opened we were a little suspicious. Not much to look at outside and decorations are somewhat minimal inside. However, the food we think is the best when it comes to seafood in all of Atlanta. Weare from Boston, so we know our seafood; and so does Hammocks. The cuts of fish are better than what we get in Florida. Serving sizes are fair, but not enormous, however, when added with sides you will leave full. What is best is the variety of fish, not just the quality. A lot of the fish is wild and otherwise caught in sustainable ways. Further, if you are gluten free there are many options, including gluten free beer (Estrella's Daura). We highly recommend reservations as even during the week they may be on a wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurprisejchristopherDined on 8/8/2014I was very pleased with the food and the service. Actually, I was shocked. I expected worse, given the look of the buidling and the location. The grilled oysters were out of this world! My guests all ordered different items and they were all very pleased.Special Features:
- ATLANTALUATLANTALUDined on 8/7/2014Favorable pricing on a couple drinks for $5. Great idea. Tasty food and well presented. A bit pricey though and noise level plays hell on hearing, hearing aids and hearing defected people. If you enjoy good food and loud noise while you dine with a fair priced cocktail as a starter, I recommend it!Special Features:
- Surprisingly GoodHmBerkVIPDined on 8/4/2014Looks like a crab shack, but het ready for a treat. The food is surprisingly delicious and a cut above in quality, freshness, and attention to detail. Great cocktails (try the Horse's Neck). Oysters done many ways are the house specialty .Special Features:
- mikewDined on 8/2/2014Food was terrific. Service friendly and informative. Nice relaxed atmosphere. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Always fantasticEFSULLDined on 8/2/2014We go to Hammocks again and again because it is consistently fantastic. On this occasion we had 6 little kids and 3 adults. We were wonderfully taken care of and our kids were treated wonderfully. We have been here for date nights and love hanging out at the bar. Justin and Laken are awesome. Jason and Chef William have a gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood in AtlantaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014I just moved here from FL where fish is very common and fresh. This place completely blew my mind and reminded me of a lunch spot we used to eat at on the beach. The specials are awesome and the food is great. If you like mixed cocktails, they make everything in house including their infused tequila which they use for margaritas.. LEGIT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Coconut ShrimpDavidDined on 7/29/2014We had a family birthday at Hammocks, and it was chosen because of the menu and being midway for everyone attending. None of us had eaten there before. We really enjoyed the ceviche appetizer. The coconut shrimp were the best I've had since my vacation in the islands. Not only were the shrimp big, but the plate was full of them. Everyone else's meal was well prepared and tasty. We sat on the patio, and service was a little slow, but we were in no big hurry. The birthday boy got a free dessert - the chocolate espresso creme brulee. It was very good.Special Features:
- The following 80 reviews are from the Hammocks Trading Company reviews archive.
- Can't believe it was my first time.Golphin13Dined on 7/27/2014How have i not been here before?!?! Great seafood. Shrimp, steamed oysters, oyster shots, grouper....we tried just about everything. The ambience is very good, although i will say that it was a little strange to be surrounded by a backgammon tournament (seriously). It didn't bother us, it was just odd. Service was good. Great drink selection. We'll be back - the entire family loved it (that rarely happens)Special Features:
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/26/2014BBQ chips and parchment salmon don't miss. Decent drinks great for the neighborhoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for seafoodJebbyDined on 7/26/2014I was a little hesitant to try Hammocks since it was not situated in the main restaurant row of Sandy Springs, but the food reviews were good. Our party of 4 was promptly seated on a Saturday evening, the drinks were really good, and dinner was terrific! Perhaps the best prepared seafood that I have had in a long time, and the side dishes were excellent as well. I'll be back with my friends next time we are looking for great seafood with a laid back atmosphere.Special Features:
- SAgirlSAgirlDined on 7/24/2014Vibrant scene with great food, good pricing, parking is good,good service. Will be returning.Special Features:
- Great service, not foodBigPaPaVIPDined on 7/23/2014We were so well taken care of, and the drinks were yummy, but the actual food was not. We had 4 adults and 4 children, order three appetizers and 7 meals, so we had a good sampling of what was available, and none of it was outstanding. None of it was horrible either but for the prices they charge one would expect exceptional or close to it. Much better food can be had for much better prices at other restaurants nearbySpecial Features:
- Excellent seafood.SalmonloversDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I eat at Hammocks Trading Company almost every weekend. The HTC salad and baked salmon are fantastic. We love salmon and this is one of the best recipes anywhere. The waiters and waitresses are very attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MsmsDined on 7/20/2014Been meaning to try for a while - finally made it for lunch and will definitely be back. The salmon en parchment lived up to its billing and good kids menu optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!LesleyDined on 7/20/2014This is my go to restaurant for all occasions! The staff is incredibly good and the food is FRESH and superb! It's privately owned and operated which I adore too. I am a big fan of their Oysters, Grouper Sandwich, Shrimp and Grits and many other items. They are all wonderful. I eat there 2x or more a week and have introduced numerous friends who also return frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SavtieSavtaSouthDined on 7/17/2014Absolutely delicious smoked brisket! I have not had better in Atlanta. So thrilled to have visited this restaurant for the second time, hitting a home run on my dinner last night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual atmospherefrequentdiner5610VIPDined on 7/12/2014casual atmosphere but noisy. outdoor seating would be great during cooler days/nights. Service was outstanding -- from the time we were greeted at the door to our server. I tried a fried dish which was pretty heavily fried but my friend ordered the mahi mahi and it was delicious. definitely a neighborhood gem and very kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumYumfood2loveVIPDined on 7/12/2014We have never been disappointed with the food. Always delicious and creative. Many choices whether you prefer fish, beef, pork, and all yummy and interesting. Great if you just want to nosh on appetizers. Friendly staff who recognizes regulars. A must if you live in Sandy Springs and worth the trip if traveling from surrounding areas. Almost hate to brag on the location, it might become too popular, mmmmmmm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKballVIPDined on 7/5/2014Great seafood, great service, nothing to complain about for this casual seafood-centric restaurant.Special Features: