Hammocks Trading Company
7285 Roswell Road
Sandy Springs, GA 30328Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Hammocks Trading Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hammockstradingcompany.com/
- Phone: 7703959592x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30 am - 4:00 pm, Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: William Sigley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Customized Catering options, call Jason to inquire.
A word from Hammocks Trading Company
Hammocks Trading Company is the choice for high quality seafood in North Atlanta. Local owners Jason Sheetz and William Sigley pride themselves on great food, service, bar, and atmosphere. Together they have 50 years of restaurant experience at the best restaurants in Atlanta and Las Vegas. Hammocks combines our attention to detail with a casual neighborhood feel. Our most reviewed items include the BBQ Oysters and the Baked Salmon. Both were reviewed in the AJC and on Atlanta Eats. Our menu features cuisine from the southern coastal regions of the United States. Gumbo, Shrimp and Grits, BBQ Ribs are just a few examples. Our fresh veggies include fried okra, creamed corn, and collard greens. The grouper sandwich has become known as the best in town. Our other sandwiches include the Crispy Shrimp or Oyster Po-Boys, Smoked Chicken Salad, Brisket, and the Salmon BLTA. We are family friendly and have options for all ages. Every item from the kitchen is made from scratch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Hammocks Trading Company - Best Restaurants in Sandy Springs ›
Hammocks Trading Company reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (75)fit for foodies (46)kid-friendly (40)good for groups (37)great for lunch (29)great for outdoor dining (25)vibrant bar scene (18)special occasion (16)great for brunch (10)hot spot (10)notable wine list (8)late-night find (6)romantic (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Just really good food!YummyDined on 9/7/2014We've enjoyed 2 meals at Hammocks and we are planning a third. We really enjoyed our dinners and the s'mores dessert is great for sharing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday CelebrationATLfoodieDined on 9/5/2014My second trip back in two months. Awesome, took a friend for her first time and she loved it as well. Our waiter was awesome and very attentive. We had a lot of fun with him. Had a great time celebrating my friends birthday and will definitely be back again soon. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Seafood FoundrichlennDined on 9/5/2014The ambiance was that of a shore seafood restaurant, all the way to the aromas wafting throughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungryGirlVIPDined on 8/29/2014Great food and drinks. I wish they had more vegetarian options!Special Features:
- local spot, love bringing visitorsAndreaDined on 8/25/2014Someone at the table always gets the spicey chicken sandwich, old bay seasoned French fries are great as an appetizer and with the meal. The salmon and grouper are great choices and you have to top it off with a cocktail and s'mores for the table!Special Features:
- Dissapointing and upsettingScottDined on 8/15/2014Was in the area and in the mood for some Floridian inspired seafood. Nice place, busy. Menu looked good but service slow. Ordered a beer which was flat, ordered another type - same deal. Ended up drinking it and wished later i hadnt. Shared a crabcake - looked like a hockey puck - shredded - not lump - meat and tons of filler. Entrees were shrimp po boy (excellent) fries (cold) and grouper special. Fish was about 3 oz, 3 pieces of asparagus for $25. Simply not good value and certainly not Floridian standard. Waiter was either absent or there at the wrong time - brought the desert menu before we finished dinner, muttered the F-bomb when we asked him to leave. Bill was wrong 3 hours later had serious stomach issue - suspect the beer
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Have dined at this restaurant since it opened. Always has been very consistent and fairly priced for what you getSpecial Features:
- Our Neighborhood Gem..Now EveryonesAstromanVIPDined on 8/9/2014When Hammocks first opened we were a little suspicious. Not much to look at outside and decorations are somewhat minimal inside. However, the food we think is the best when it comes to seafood in all of Atlanta. Weare from Boston, so we know our seafood; and so does Hammocks. The cuts of fish are better than what we get in Florida. Serving sizes are fair, but not enormous, however, when added with sides you will leave full. What is best is the variety of fish, not just the quality. A lot of the fish is wild and otherwise caught in sustainable ways. Further, if you are gluten free there are many options, including gluten free beer (Estrella's Daura). We highly recommend reservations as even during the week they may be on a wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurprisejchristopherDined on 8/8/2014I was very pleased with the food and the service. Actually, I was shocked. I expected worse, given the look of the buidling and the location. The grilled oysters were out of this world! My guests all ordered different items and they were all very pleased.Special Features:
- ATLANTALUATLANTALUDined on 8/7/2014Favorable pricing on a couple drinks for $5. Great idea. Tasty food and well presented. A bit pricey though and noise level plays hell on hearing, hearing aids and hearing defected people. If you enjoy good food and loud noise while you dine with a fair priced cocktail as a starter, I recommend it!Special Features:
- Surprisingly GoodHmBerkVIPDined on 8/4/2014Looks like a crab shack, but het ready for a treat. The food is surprisingly delicious and a cut above in quality, freshness, and attention to detail. Great cocktails (try the Horse's Neck). Oysters done many ways are the house specialty .Special Features:
- mikewDined on 8/2/2014Food was terrific. Service friendly and informative. Nice relaxed atmosphere. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Always fantasticEFSULLDined on 8/2/2014We go to Hammocks again and again because it is consistently fantastic. On this occasion we had 6 little kids and 3 adults. We were wonderfully taken care of and our kids were treated wonderfully. We have been here for date nights and love hanging out at the bar. Justin and Laken are awesome. Jason and Chef William have a gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood in AtlantaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014I just moved here from FL where fish is very common and fresh. This place completely blew my mind and reminded me of a lunch spot we used to eat at on the beach. The specials are awesome and the food is great. If you like mixed cocktails, they make everything in house including their infused tequila which they use for margaritas.. LEGIT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Coconut ShrimpDavidDined on 7/29/2014We had a family birthday at Hammocks, and it was chosen because of the menu and being midway for everyone attending. None of us had eaten there before. We really enjoyed the ceviche appetizer. The coconut shrimp were the best I've had since my vacation in the islands. Not only were the shrimp big, but the plate was full of them. Everyone else's meal was well prepared and tasty. We sat on the patio, and service was a little slow, but we were in no big hurry. The birthday boy got a free dessert - the chocolate espresso creme brulee. It was very good.Special Features:
- Can't believe it was my first time.Golphin13Dined on 7/27/2014How have i not been here before?!?! Great seafood. Shrimp, steamed oysters, oyster shots, grouper....we tried just about everything. The ambience is very good, although i will say that it was a little strange to be surrounded by a backgammon tournament (seriously). It didn't bother us, it was just odd. Service was good. Great drink selection. We'll be back - the entire family loved it (that rarely happens)Special Features:
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/26/2014BBQ chips and parchment salmon don't miss. Decent drinks great for the neighborhoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for seafoodJebbyDined on 7/26/2014I was a little hesitant to try Hammocks since it was not situated in the main restaurant row of Sandy Springs, but the food reviews were good. Our party of 4 was promptly seated on a Saturday evening, the drinks were really good, and dinner was terrific! Perhaps the best prepared seafood that I have had in a long time, and the side dishes were excellent as well. I'll be back with my friends next time we are looking for great seafood with a laid back atmosphere.Special Features:
- SAgirlSAgirlDined on 7/24/2014Vibrant scene with great food, good pricing, parking is good,good service. Will be returning.Special Features:
- Great service, not foodBigPaPaVIPDined on 7/23/2014We were so well taken care of, and the drinks were yummy, but the actual food was not. We had 4 adults and 4 children, order three appetizers and 7 meals, so we had a good sampling of what was available, and none of it was outstanding. None of it was horrible either but for the prices they charge one would expect exceptional or close to it. Much better food can be had for much better prices at other restaurants nearbySpecial Features:
- Excellent seafood.SalmonloversDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I eat at Hammocks Trading Company almost every weekend. The HTC salad and baked salmon are fantastic. We love salmon and this is one of the best recipes anywhere. The waiters and waitresses are very attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MsmsDined on 7/20/2014Been meaning to try for a while - finally made it for lunch and will definitely be back. The salmon en parchment lived up to its billing and good kids menu optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!LesleyDined on 7/20/2014This is my go to restaurant for all occasions! The staff is incredibly good and the food is FRESH and superb! It's privately owned and operated which I adore too. I am a big fan of their Oysters, Grouper Sandwich, Shrimp and Grits and many other items. They are all wonderful. I eat there 2x or more a week and have introduced numerous friends who also return frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SavtieSavtaSouthDined on 7/17/2014Absolutely delicious smoked brisket! I have not had better in Atlanta. So thrilled to have visited this restaurant for the second time, hitting a home run on my dinner last night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual atmospherefrequentdiner5610VIPDined on 7/12/2014casual atmosphere but noisy. outdoor seating would be great during cooler days/nights. Service was outstanding -- from the time we were greeted at the door to our server. I tried a fried dish which was pretty heavily fried but my friend ordered the mahi mahi and it was delicious. definitely a neighborhood gem and very kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumYumfood2loveDined on 7/12/2014We have never been disappointed with the food. Always delicious and creative. Many choices whether you prefer fish, beef, pork, and all yummy and interesting. Great if you just want to nosh on appetizers. Friendly staff who recognizes regulars. A must if you live in Sandy Springs and worth the trip if traveling from surrounding areas. Almost hate to brag on the location, it might become too popular, mmmmmmm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKballVIPDined on 7/5/2014Great seafood, great service, nothing to complain about for this casual seafood-centric restaurant.Special Features:
- Good FoodSandySpringsFrequentDinerDined on 7/5/2014The food here is consistently good. The service is friendly and quick. It's better to have a reservation. We return often.Special Features:
- hungrygirlVIPDined on 6/29/2014We appreciated that the manager comped a dessert for us, but it was very disappointing how many things on the menu were not available (and it was early in the evening). I had to re-order three times and then gave up and ordered an all appetizer meal. Our first experience there was better, and since the food we did get this time was good and the location is very easy, we'll try again.Special Features:
- Still great!KathDined on 6/28/2014After a couple of years Hammocks Trading Co is still great and the menu better and better.Special Features:
- SeafoodnurseingaDined on 6/22/2014The food was excellent the service was good!! I was expecting the atmosphere to be different. This is not the place you go for a romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealmprofantVIPDined on 6/21/2014What a great meal! First of all, spaghetti tacos for kids . . and for dessert, they have a little Smores Station! So KIDS LOVE THIS PLACE! For adults, great fish! Great Fries! Great Salad! Overall, great spot . . . They may be in the midst of decorating, I'm not sure?? So maybe that's why it seemed a little blah inside, nothing on the walls, maybe they just put up a fresh coat of paint? Only thing missing for me is the tropical ambience - - there are few hammocks on the ceiling. Definitely needs more tropical bling, but I'll be back in about a month and check it out again. Totally think they must have been in renovation mode - - they just need to say that when you are seated :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodYummyDined on 6/18/2014Good food experience - the fish is really good, but our view from our table was straight into the kitchen...a little yucky. A screen would help fix that for those few tables on the far wall. And, it was noisy, but only after a large group of ladies came in. We'll definitely go back! YUM!Special Features:
- Just okBillyHuntVIPDined on 6/14/2014There was really nothing wrong with our food, it just did not wow us. Might try it again if we are in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- loverestaurantsDined on 6/13/2014The food was great but it was deafening. They need to put up some glass walls between rooms to lessen the noise level. I would not call the noise level energetic...but rather noxious. But great service, great food!!
- Very enjoyableElleDined on 6/12/2014Met two friends for lunch. Everything was delightful from the first greeting, the decor, the white wine sangria, the grouper sandwiches, the fish tacos, etc. right until we left. The place reminded us of restaurants we had been to on the east coast, e.g., Long Island, Jersey Shore, Cape Cod.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodLikestoeatoutDined on 6/8/2014I have eaten here many times, and the food is always good. My favorite dish is the salmon in parchment, but I have gotten oysters and scallops as well. Every time I bring someone here, they always want to come back again. It's hard to leave without having the s'mores for dessert!Special Features:
- disappointedChaloneDined on 6/7/2014Service was mediocre. Our very pleasant server seemed to be bogged down by a server in training. We waited for way too long before even drinks order taken, then table not cleared in a timely way or glasses refilled etc. Entrees did not come out at the same time. The food was OK, nothing memorable or good enough to give a reason to ever return.Special Features:
- Great local place in Sandy Springs!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014Best seafood around. Owners are on site and are an integral part of the well run management and ambiance of the restaurant. Friendly and competent waiters. The oysters are fresh and fantastic! Best fried seafood platter! Scallops are awesome! Try the strawberry-rhubarb cobbler dessert-a real winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food and StaffFood4FunDined on 6/6/2014I came with my children and a few of their friends for dinner. The kids meals were generous and a great deal. My daughter, 9 yrs old, had the baked salmon that was recently written about in the AJC and she loved it! I order the fish tacos. They can be grilled, blackened or fried. I opted for the grilled and they were perfection on a plate! The fish was plump and the produce was very fresh. The seasoning was done well, not too spicy with just a little kick. Our server was very attentive and knew the menu well. Highly recommend for family dining or a fun night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.