Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn
300 East New England Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thealfondinn.com/
- Phone: 4079988089x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch Daily: 11-30am - 2-00pm
Dinner Sun - Tue: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Dinner Wed - Sat: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 7:00am - 2:00pm
Lounge and Bar Daily: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Marc Kusche
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room available in the restaurant
- Private Party Contact: Natasha x
A word from Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn
Hamilton’s Kitchen menus feature current Florida farm to table practices, respecting nature’s sustainable indigenous products, freshly presented with modern culinary techniques. Al fresco dining on the Hamilton’s Kitchen patio is also available. Hamilton’s Kitchen serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)neighborhood gem (52)romantic (49)great for outdoor dining (48)fit for foodies (48)good for groups (34)great for brunch (25)notable wine list (25)scenic view (21)vibrant bar scene (19)great for lunch (18)hot spot (12)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Superb DinnerChereFDined on 9/14/2014Loved being introduced to Hamilton's Kitchen via Magical Dining. The menu - both Magical & Daily - was a delight. Chef Trey came out to confirm my food allergies and checked back after the food was served. It was hard to choose what to eat - everything was so carefully selected and described. We were very happy with our selections. Service was stellar. We never wanted for water, drinks or waited for someone to take our empty plates. Loved the wall of windows and being able to look out. Would like to come back and sit outside when the weather is cooler. Perfect night out.Special Features:
- Outstanding experiencemagicaldiningDined on 9/13/2014Our service was great complete with a complimentary first time diner glass of champagne... The Manager (Victor) came around several times to ensure our experience was good... Food was incredible... Went ofr Magical Dining and yet ordered from the main menu instead! Will go back again.Special Features:
- Disappointed….MickeyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Our group of 6 arrived on time for our 7:45 pm reservation Saturday night and we were asked to wait in the bar and they would comp our drinks… free drinks should have been a clue things were a little "off" Saturday night. The dining room lighting was at full blast as was the noise, so we asked to sit outside. We had a lovely table under the romantic strings of lights on the patio. Service was slow despite our waiter moving as fast as he could. When, after a delay, our appetizers arrived, several items were barely warm. The salmon entree, that three of us ordered, was served on a bed of cannelloni beans - hard & crunchy. Bread pudding not evenly heated. An dining experience that did not live up to our expectations.Special Features:
- Dining was not MagicalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Went to Hamilton's during Orlando's Magical Dining month. We were given the special magical dining menu and the waiter then proceeded to tell us why we shouldn't order from it but instead should do the 4 course tasting menu. We chose the 3 course magical dining menu anyway and I think our service suffered because of that. First soup was brought without a spoon. We had to hunt someone down to get a spoon. Our water was not refilled (we had the "complimentary" house water). Two of our entrees came out cold and had to be sent back. In short, the restaurant should not offer a Magical Dining menu if they do not want to serve it. Or maybe their food and service is just lousy no matter which menu you order from.Special Features:
- Outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014My new favorite winter park spot. The ambiance was great, so cool without being pretentious. The pork belly was exactly the right amount of smoke. The peach segments with almonds just completed the dish. The waitress talked me into the short ribs. REBORN. I hate fatty meat and this had 0 fat. Perfect meal. We will be back very soonSpecial Features:
- My first timeSecondTimeVIPDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time eating at Hamilton's. Many friends have recommended it, but I have to say it's not what it was all played up to be. The service was lacking and inattentive to our table. One member of the staff seemed very surly and not really wanting to be at work. The food was ok at best but lack seasoning. If you are not going to season at time of prep put some salt and pepper on the table! Both my water glass and tea glass remained empty most of the dinner. While I was not impressed my first time, I will nonetheless try it again in hopes that it is as good as reported to be.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlotteCharlotteDined on 9/12/2014Was surprised by my wonderful experience. I had not heard from any of my friends and typically no news can mean bad news in the restaurant industry. The service was courteous. The food portions were perfect. selection was varied and everything we tried was delicious. Pumpkin soup, culottes steak, and key like cheese cake. I really loved the atmosphere. Not too dark or too light. Classy without being stuck up. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to detailOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Upon making my reservation,I indicated it was our 44th anniversary on the open table form( not thinking it would be read) Wow! our table was setup in a special corner of the dining room, there were rose petals on the table, and complimentary champagne for a toast. Dinner was delicious, service very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2014Everything about Hamilton's Kitchen was great! A few of the beets in my salad were a bit overly firm and nearly impossible to cut, but the mix of flavors was superb. The culotte steak was cooked to perfection and the accompanying parsnip potato puree delightful. The fact that the chef favors local and sustainable foods will definitely keep me coming back!Special Features:
- Great Restuarant, Great ServicedawilliamsDined on 9/7/2014We came for brunch with our 2 young children. The service was so accommodating and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Orlando Magical Dining 2014EJakeVIPDined on 9/6/2014With over 100 restaurants participating on the magical dining month I had the opportunity to experience a few of them so early during the month. I chose three different venues for this weekend and Hamilton Kitchen was one on this parade. First, magical dining represents an opportunity for the venue to introduce themselves and their menu to potential newcomers such as myself. I believe is a loss leader or the establishment does not realize much of a profit. It keeps the serving staff with tip income during the slow months of the summer. Unfortunately the value of my meal was far less than I expected to receive. For my main dish I requested a beef "coulette"-- a true disappointment. The offerings were sparse compared to other venues.Special Features:
- A great find...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Highly recommend! Wonderful setting, attentive staff and great food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and outstanding service!MichelleDined on 9/6/2014We had a fantastic experience with this restaurant. The food was terrific, the service was outstanding. My only disappointment is with myself for not trying this restaurant out earlier!! They have a lovely outdoor area to dine in as well. We tried this out for magical dining month and I certainly plan on going back to try out other dishes on their regular menu. The cocktails were also very good. An added benefit is finding out they are also open for lunch and have a brunch on Sunday. Really a great find!! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- First time!AmandaDined on 9/6/2014We had a great first time at Hamilton's Kitchen. We went during Magical Dining Month and we felt that we were rushed. We needed to order all items at once which is fine. But in less than an hour we had our appetizer, entree and dessert delivered. We were not looking for a fast experience. When we finished one plate it was only a few minutes to the next. The food was delicious, but I did not like the pacing of dinner.Special Features:
- supreme diningfood4lifeDined on 9/6/2014Tried Hamiilton's Kitchen on Magical Dining and will surely return. Service was outstanding and the meat was cooked exactly as ordered. Loved the succotash with the asparagus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I hope I hit it on the wrong nightWorldTravlerDined on 9/5/2014Dinner was over 2 hours, we were comped a 2nd round of drinks, though my dinner companion was supposed to receive two glasses of wine with the dinner pairing. I think the menu clearly stated crab cakes though, only one came out. The cake had plenty of crab and the polenta/grits that it rested on was very tasty. Recommend the crab cake. The wild mushroom ravioli was very tasty and full of flavor and I could actually taste the individual mushrooms. The sauce was just right, not too thick or think and coated the pasta beautifully. The roasted tomatoes were sweet and added an eye pleasing contrast to the plate. The short ribs were not short nor ribs. It was chuck roast. The vegetables were the highlight of the course. The cheesecake was lackingSpecial Features:
- RedemptionBrewerVIPDined on 9/4/2014New chef, some new servers, new attitude - all worked. Cody our server was OUTSTANDING and a far cry from what we’ve experienced during our past dining incidents. Don’t get me wrong the food has always been enjoyable; it’s the service that’s been sketchy.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceSilverVIPDined on 9/4/2014We had an incredible experience. The food was delicious. I did a 3 course Orlando Magical Dining and my husband did the chefs 4 course special so we tasted 7 different things, all very tasty and very nice portions. We were served by a team of 2 and they were very knowledable about the menu and wine list. We were celebrating an anniversary and they made it extra special with a card, complimentary champagne and a glass of port to accompany our dessert. The manager and the executive chef visited our table to make sure we enjoyed our meal. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical diningbecsueDined on 9/4/2014The food and service was great. We went for magical dining. The choices were good.Special Features:
- Good food, petite portionsAngelaDined on 9/4/2014I returned to Hamilton's Kitchen and noticed they successfully addressed the noise level. The portions are still too small, especially for the price, but the food was good. I did not try the steak, which was what we had problem with the last time, but plan on giving the steak another try soon. Thank you for listening to your customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rifoodiesDined on 9/3/2014The food and service was excellent. We are from out of state and heard about The Magical Orlando Dining Menu. We went on line and checked out menus you had us at beet salad. We wanted something different. It was a nice ending to a beautiful day in the lovely Town of Winter Park!Special Features:
- A Great Dinner in A Beautiful PlaceBenAroundDinerDined on 9/3/2014Girls Night Out and we loved this place. Beautifully decorated, quiet enough to carry on a conversation. We choose the Magical Dining menu and everything was delicious. The waitstaff was very attentive. We dined inside but later, when it isn't so hot, the patio area will be wonderful. Yes, we are planning to go back!Special Features:
- One of our new favorites!BuckyDined on 9/2/2014This was our second lunch visit at Hamilton's Kitchen. The setting and service (including valet parking) are elegant, and the prices are very reasonable, contrary to what we had thought before actually eating here. We will retutn!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going to Try AgainggdinesoutDined on 8/30/2014The evening dining was exquisite in every way except the food. The service was impeccable, the welcoming glass of champagne garnished with a blackberry for new comers was delightful, the architecture and decor was impressive but the food was just "OK". The salmon was the best item that I ate and definitely well prepared. The beet salad consisted of a cut up bland beet with three bite size pieces of lettuce; I ate one bite. The salmon was laid on a bowl of white beans. The beans were not tasty and a terrible combination for the salmon. The dessert was a piece of chocolate cake that was good but not remarkable. All that said, I will still give this beautiful place with great service another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice VibeTomsTipsDined on 8/30/2014We stopped by to enjoy the annual Magical Dining program. This was our first visit, and as such we were pleasantly surprised by a complimentary glass of champagne. The food was very well prepared. The service was attentive and friendly. My only quibble, and this was minor, was that when the servers checked back to see how we were doing they used the phrase "Are you still working on that? ". That is a Denny's restaurant phrase, and not suitable for a nice restaurant. Dining is not "work", especially with the quality coming out of this kitchen! Thanks for a fun night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secretOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Outstanding spot to meet friends. Contemporary, vibrant spot. Food was creative, fresh and well prepared. Service was over the top, felt like a celebrity. Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new find!DMinOrlandoDined on 8/23/2014This boutique hotel is gorgeous, and Hamilton Kitchen has a great atmosphere. It's a combination of modern and rustic charm. The food was very good and the staff was very accommodating (particularly the assistant restaurant manager who visited our table a couple of times to make sure everything was good). Our server told us they have a great brunch on Sundays, so we plan to return soon and try it. We also noticed that the bar/lounge area was very nice and will definitely come hang out for drinks one night in the near future. They also have outdoor dining - great setting in a courtyard. So when the weather gets a bit more pleasant, it would be nice to sit outside and enjoy the courtyard while having dinner.Special Features:
- Great service and good food!orlandoboy32Dined on 8/15/2014I have to say that I was really surprised to see how attentive the waiter was with us and how fast we were able to sit to our table. It was great making a reservation in advance and notify of any special events. They were able to accommodate our last minute request for our anniversary and a cupcake plus champagne was served at the end of our service. I will highly recommend the Hamilton for dinner.Special Features:
- peacockfoodieDined on 8/10/2014Our waiter, Jose, was excellent. The restaurant and the hotel are lovely with live music playing on Sunday for brunch. I ordered a lunch item as the other people at our table. My fish tacos came fried and battered which was not stated on the menu nor did the waiter inform us that was the case. I asked what type of fish and was told it mahi mahi. The presentation was nice and others at the table liked their food. The fish tacos could have been a lot better had the fish been grilled or blackened. I will ask next time if they could grille them and give me a spicy salsa. I think I will try other dishes next time I go there. I want the restaurant to succeed as it is in a lovely boutique hotel near my home.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnercatham1980Dined on 8/9/2014Our food was so good !! The server had great knowledge about the Inn and especially the menu. A wondetful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingaking83VIPDined on 8/2/2014The place is gorgeous, and very well kept. The food and service was exceptional. The most impressive dining experience I've had in a long time!Special Features:
- 1st time visit to Hamilton'sDeanMDined on 8/2/2014I have been waiting to visit the Alfond Inn since it opened last year. I needed to host a business lunch in Winter park on Saturday and an associate recommended Hamilton's. So I'm walking up and suddenly realize that Hamilton's is in the Alfond. The lunch was a huge success and I can't wait to go back for an extended weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go try it!JontysJauntsDined on 7/26/2014Really nice restaurant with a good vibe. Food generally excellent and would recommend the braised short rib, delicious. However, the complimentary (nice touch) lamb chops were the fattiest I have ever encountered and the caesar salad non-descript, otherwise the offerings were superb. The wines, as to be expected within such surroundings, were again way over-priced (a particular gripe of mine with top restaurants and hotels). 400% plus profit on drinks is unacceptable but us diners put up with it worldwide! Generally, a nice experience in a beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food nice ambianceStephenDined on 7/25/2014The service was wonderful, the food was excellent and the ambiance was nice. I'm pleased to have finally tried tis place after having been open for a year. I understand they have a great Sunday brunch. The portions are rather large and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish tacos were deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Really enjoyed the fish tacos. The crunchy mahi mahi in them that day was perfect.Special Features:
- Full Marks for the Alfond Inn!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our first visit to this impressive restaurant. The service, attention to detail and food choice was impressive. Our waiter Corey was knowledgeable and fun, we would definitely recommend for a romantic/special dinner.Special Features:
- Good but not that memorableKatiebatieladieDined on 7/18/2014Our steak was cooked medium instead of medium rare. The fries were a bit too chewy. It was good but we had pretty high expectations & it was just ok compared to most restaurants with that price range.Special Features:
- The Best ServiceFoodieDined on 7/17/2014Shields & Pietro - servers, true pros. They are way above anyone else we have been served by in the Orlando area. Menu - well conceived & interesting. I would say that the corvina served on cold veggies would be better on hot veggies. The fish cooled down too fast. The watermelon salad - to die for. Decor is wonderful. However - no sound barrier between the very loud bar with live music and the restaurant. The bar acoustics are intended for a lively, loud environment. To have to deal with that in the dining room is a huge detriment to the evening's enjoyment - really annoying & diminishes the whole experience.Special Features:
- nogobuffetsDined on 7/12/2014Totally enjoyed spending my birthday here...service and food were excellent as was the company of family and a friend. Have enjoyed lunch here three times and dinner was also exceptional. Will definitely return for many more lunches and dinner...and even brunch...Special Features:
- Slow, slow and slowWPdinerVIPDined on 7/7/2014Although the service was friendly, the kitchen was very slow. The food was good, but not worth the long wait.