Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn
300 East New England Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thealfondinn.com/
- Phone: 4079988089x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch Daily: 11-30am - 2-00pm
Dinner Sun - Tue: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Dinner Wed - Sat: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 7:00am - 2:00pm
Lounge and Bar Daily: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Marc Kusche
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room available in the restaurant
- Private Party Contact: Natasha x
A word from Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn
Hamilton’s Kitchen menus feature current Florida farm to table practices, respecting nature’s sustainable indigenous products, freshly presented with modern culinary techniques. Al fresco dining on the Hamilton’s Kitchen patio is also available. Hamilton’s Kitchen serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)neighborhood gem (67)fit for foodies (66)great for outdoor dining (64)romantic (61)good for groups (41)great for brunch (35)notable wine list (30)great for lunch (27)vibrant bar scene (23)scenic view (23)hot spot (20)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Good this time but not greatlove2eatDined on 10/19/2014Have done brunch here numerous times this was not one of the better times. We were seated in the sun when shade was requested with reservation, no one approached our table for at least 15 minutes after being seated and I had to get up to ask for service. We had to ask several times to have our water glasses re-filled. There were numerous mistakes with our order and cocktails. Our server or the server who took over our table once it was recognized the assigned server did not tried very hard to make up for it but I still have to say that the service was not up to par as the other times I have eaten here. It was a birthday celebration and the server did bring us free dessert which was very nice. I do not discredit him as he did try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HalleDined on 10/15/2014Very comfortable setting, spacious and elegant. The food was excellent and presentation lovely. The art work was most enjoyable. Overall a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:
- Nice, but still a hotel restaurantjasonDined on 10/12/2014Excellent service, fresh dishes, but small portions. The hotel setting is gorgeous, but you won't forget you're eating in a hotel restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely atmosphere!CarpediumDined on 10/4/2014We went for lunch on a Sat. but we wanted breakfast dishes, and the chef was willing to accomodate us. We laughed alot and love our wonderful waiter and enjoyed our experience very much. The food was excellent and the service was top notch. They are going to start brunch on both Saturday and Sunday and we will definitely go back. The hotel is amazing and we can't wait to take a tour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrewerVIPDined on 10/3/2014Service has taken a turn for the better - our server once again was the outstanding Cory.Special Features:
- DissapointingFoodiechickDined on 10/3/2014Positives: beautiful hotel, good food, great outdoor space Negatives: inattentive waitstaff, our waitress only came around once, steak not prepared right the first time, price, don't like the seating arrangement in the dining room (sit too close to others)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B DaymormonDined on 10/3/2014Took my here for her BDay. Had an awesome experience. She was greeted with a Happy Birthday acknowlegement by the hostest. Then a birthday card from the restaurant. Followed by a glass of champagne andan.excellent meal We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely placeDoraPirateVIPDined on 9/28/2014Sunday brunch was my first visit ... and it was lovely. We had a little bit of a rocky start when they tried to put us at the table about 3 inches from the musician ... not a good idea with two small children, but once we were seated outside we were great. Our server, Haley, was very kind and attentive. I mention that primarily because most comments I read were about poor service. The food was ok ... I had fish tacos and they weren't super flavorful and my husband had the shrimp and grits which he said were good, but again, not mind blowing :) ... We'll be back again because it's a BEAUTIFUL place and the "design your own bloody mary" was fantastic and fun! They do have kids options, FYI, PB&J and chicken tenders.Special Features:
- ScottDined on 9/24/2014Would be great to have more variety for lunch. Possibly using a few recommended dinner menu entree's that are favorable to your clientele. Smaller portion with a less price. Everything my table tried was very good. We enjoyed and will come back and spread the word. I can not comment on the Wine List because my visit was for lunch. Have a Great Day! ScottSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, awful servicePersonsPlacesThingsDined on 9/23/2014With a 7:30 reservation, we were finally seated at 8:00. The resturant was not full, the hostess simply forgot about us! The somilier was our initial waiter and was not attentive. He was not interested in discussing menu or drinks either. We were then passed off - without notice, to a second waiter. He removed our entrees and then promptly brought the check - without asking if we wanted dessert or anything else. This was a very dissapointing dining experience. For the price, the service was closer to McDonalds than fine dining. I will not return, for will my friends.
- Poor Execution, Avoid Brunch HereZorroDined on 9/21/2014We went to the Alfond Inn for the first time for our 27th anniversary. The atmosphere and food were very good, but it was obvious that the restaurant was rushed and unprepared for an 11:30AM brunch crowd: Hostesses standing around and not acknowledging us, no one coming to our table for at least 5 minutes to talk to us or bring us water, waiters literally crashing into each other, the plain champagne we ordered brought as mimosas, luke warm coffee that had to be sent back, and once the drinks arrived, and I kid you not, within 15 minutes after of sitting down, the food showed up. We hadn't even had two sips of out champagne!
- Food is nothing to write home aboutPaloAltoNeighborVIPDined on 9/19/2014Two people in party ordered Pressed Turkey and Bacon sandwich and the bacon was mostly fat and not well cooked. The turkey looked like processed deli turkey, although the waitress said it was sliced in the kitchen and I believe her. I had shrimp and grits which was just fine, although the shrimp seemed to be frozen, not fresh. The coffee was bitter. Our companions at the table complained about the turkey sandwich and the manager came to the table and was extremely gracious and gave them coupons to come again, plus did not charge them for our dishes. The wait staff were all very nice and attentive. But the food was pretty mediocre.
- Love Hamilton's Kitchen!sandlalexanderDined on 9/17/2014Love Hamilton's Kitchen! Delicious food, beautiful room, amazing Chef! HK is a new favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent meal, fun boutique hotellocalyocalDined on 9/16/2014Magical dining menu was fabulous! Great little biscuits came before the meal, well paced courses. Service was phenomenonal! No bread pudding in Orlando can beat Raglan Road (my humble opinion), but theirs was quite tasty. Live quite a distance from it so I likely won't go back often, but have highly recommended it to friends already. Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fine lunchOscarandAvivasMomVIPDined on 9/16/2014Service was great! Nice lunch menu. Salads are tasty and generous portions. A very pleasant atmosphere for many occasions.Special Features:
- Inn over DueSandyVIPDined on 9/15/2014Truly a neighborhood gem that has been needed for years! The functionality of this Inn is incredible. It is extremely service driven and is going to become a true member of the community. With a new chef finding his groove, the food is improving every day. Every time is better than the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb DinnerChereFVIPDined on 9/14/2014Loved being introduced to Hamilton's Kitchen via Magical Dining. The menu - both Magical & Daily - was a delight. Chef Trey came out to confirm my food allergies and checked back after the food was served. It was hard to choose what to eat - everything was so carefully selected and described. We were very happy with our selections. Service was stellar. We never wanted for water, drinks or waited for someone to take our empty plates. Loved the wall of windows and being able to look out. Would like to come back and sit outside when the weather is cooler. Perfect night out.Special Features:
- Outstanding experiencemagicaldiningVIPDined on 9/13/2014Our service was great complete with a complimentary first time diner glass of champagne... The Manager (Victor) came around several times to ensure our experience was good... Food was incredible... Went ofr Magical Dining and yet ordered from the main menu instead! Will go back again.Special Features:
- Disappointed….MickeyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Our group of 6 arrived on time for our 7:45 pm reservation Saturday night and we were asked to wait in the bar and they would comp our drinks… free drinks should have been a clue things were a little "off" Saturday night. The dining room lighting was at full blast as was the noise, so we asked to sit outside. We had a lovely table under the romantic strings of lights on the patio. Service was slow despite our waiter moving as fast as he could. When, after a delay, our appetizers arrived, several items were barely warm. The salmon entree, that three of us ordered, was served on a bed of cannelloni beans - hard & crunchy. Bread pudding not evenly heated. An dining experience that did not live up to our expectations.Special Features:
- Dining was not MagicalWPfoodieDined on 9/13/2014Went to Hamilton's during Orlando's Magical Dining month. We were given the special magical dining menu and the waiter then proceeded to tell us why we shouldn't order from it but instead should do the 4 course tasting menu. We chose the 3 course magical dining menu anyway and I think our service suffered because of that. First soup was brought without a spoon. We had to hunt someone down to get a spoon. Our water was not refilled (we had the "complimentary" house water). Two of our entrees came out cold and had to be sent back. In short, the restaurant should not offer a Magical Dining menu if they do not want to serve it. Or maybe their food and service is just lousy no matter which menu you order from.Special Features:
- Outstanding.PJdrumsDined on 9/12/2014My new favorite winter park spot. The ambiance was great, so cool without being pretentious. The pork belly was exactly the right amount of smoke. The peach segments with almonds just completed the dish. The waitress talked me into the short ribs. REBORN. I hate fatty meat and this had 0 fat. Perfect meal. We will be back very soonSpecial Features:
- My first timeSecondTimeVIPDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time eating at Hamilton's. Many friends have recommended it, but I have to say it's not what it was all played up to be. The service was lacking and inattentive to our table. One member of the staff seemed very surly and not really wanting to be at work. The food was ok at best but lack seasoning. If you are not going to season at time of prep put some salt and pepper on the table! Both my water glass and tea glass remained empty most of the dinner. While I was not impressed my first time, I will nonetheless try it again in hopes that it is as good as reported to be.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlotteCharlotteDined on 9/12/2014Was surprised by my wonderful experience. I had not heard from any of my friends and typically no news can mean bad news in the restaurant industry. The service was courteous. The food portions were perfect. selection was varied and everything we tried was delicious. Pumpkin soup, culottes steak, and key like cheese cake. I really loved the atmosphere. Not too dark or too light. Classy without being stuck up. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to detailOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Upon making my reservation,I indicated it was our 44th anniversary on the open table form( not thinking it would be read) Wow! our table was setup in a special corner of the dining room, there were rose petals on the table, and complimentary champagne for a toast. Dinner was delicious, service very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/9/2014Everything about Hamilton's Kitchen was great! A few of the beets in my salad were a bit overly firm and nearly impossible to cut, but the mix of flavors was superb. The culotte steak was cooked to perfection and the accompanying parsnip potato puree delightful. The fact that the chef favors local and sustainable foods will definitely keep me coming back!Special Features:
- Great Restuarant, Great ServicedawilliamsDined on 9/7/2014We came for brunch with our 2 young children. The service was so accommodating and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Orlando Magical Dining 2014EJakeVIPDined on 9/6/2014With over 100 restaurants participating on the magical dining month I had the opportunity to experience a few of them so early during the month. I chose three different venues for this weekend and Hamilton Kitchen was one on this parade. First, magical dining represents an opportunity for the venue to introduce themselves and their menu to potential newcomers such as myself. I believe is a loss leader or the establishment does not realize much of a profit. It keeps the serving staff with tip income during the slow months of the summer. Unfortunately the value of my meal was far less than I expected to receive. For my main dish I requested a beef "coulette"-- a true disappointment. The offerings were sparse compared to other venues.Special Features:
- A great find...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Highly recommend! Wonderful setting, attentive staff and great food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and outstanding service!MichelleVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had a fantastic experience with this restaurant. The food was terrific, the service was outstanding. My only disappointment is with myself for not trying this restaurant out earlier!! They have a lovely outdoor area to dine in as well. We tried this out for magical dining month and I certainly plan on going back to try out other dishes on their regular menu. The cocktails were also very good. An added benefit is finding out they are also open for lunch and have a brunch on Sunday. Really a great find!! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- First time!AmandaDined on 9/6/2014We had a great first time at Hamilton's Kitchen. We went during Magical Dining Month and we felt that we were rushed. We needed to order all items at once which is fine. But in less than an hour we had our appetizer, entree and dessert delivered. We were not looking for a fast experience. When we finished one plate it was only a few minutes to the next. The food was delicious, but I did not like the pacing of dinner.Special Features:
- supreme diningfood4lifeDined on 9/6/2014Tried Hamiilton's Kitchen on Magical Dining and will surely return. Service was outstanding and the meat was cooked exactly as ordered. Loved the succotash with the asparagus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I hope I hit it on the wrong nightWorldTravlerDined on 9/5/2014Dinner was over 2 hours, we were comped a 2nd round of drinks, though my dinner companion was supposed to receive two glasses of wine with the dinner pairing. I think the menu clearly stated crab cakes though, only one came out. The cake had plenty of crab and the polenta/grits that it rested on was very tasty. Recommend the crab cake. The wild mushroom ravioli was very tasty and full of flavor and I could actually taste the individual mushrooms. The sauce was just right, not too thick or think and coated the pasta beautifully. The roasted tomatoes were sweet and added an eye pleasing contrast to the plate. The short ribs were not short nor ribs. It was chuck roast. The vegetables were the highlight of the course. The cheesecake was lackingSpecial Features:
- RedemptionBrewerVIPDined on 9/4/2014New chef, some new servers, new attitude - all worked. Cody our server was OUTSTANDING and a far cry from what we’ve experienced during our past dining incidents. Don’t get me wrong the food has always been enjoyable; it’s the service that’s been sketchy.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceSilverVIPDined on 9/4/2014We had an incredible experience. The food was delicious. I did a 3 course Orlando Magical Dining and my husband did the chefs 4 course special so we tasted 7 different things, all very tasty and very nice portions. We were served by a team of 2 and they were very knowledable about the menu and wine list. We were celebrating an anniversary and they made it extra special with a card, complimentary champagne and a glass of port to accompany our dessert. The manager and the executive chef visited our table to make sure we enjoyed our meal. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical diningbecsueDined on 9/4/2014The food and service was great. We went for magical dining. The choices were good.Special Features:
- Good food, petite portionsAngelaDined on 9/4/2014I returned to Hamilton's Kitchen and noticed they successfully addressed the noise level. The portions are still too small, especially for the price, but the food was good. I did not try the steak, which was what we had problem with the last time, but plan on giving the steak another try soon. Thank you for listening to your customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rifoodiesDined on 9/3/2014The food and service was excellent. We are from out of state and heard about The Magical Orlando Dining Menu. We went on line and checked out menus you had us at beet salad. We wanted something different. It was a nice ending to a beautiful day in the lovely Town of Winter Park!Special Features:
- A Great Dinner in A Beautiful PlaceBenAroundDinerDined on 9/3/2014Girls Night Out and we loved this place. Beautifully decorated, quiet enough to carry on a conversation. We choose the Magical Dining menu and everything was delicious. The waitstaff was very attentive. We dined inside but later, when it isn't so hot, the patio area will be wonderful. Yes, we are planning to go back!Special Features:
- One of our new favorites!BuckyDined on 9/2/2014This was our second lunch visit at Hamilton's Kitchen. The setting and service (including valet parking) are elegant, and the prices are very reasonable, contrary to what we had thought before actually eating here. We will retutn!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going to Try AgainggdinesoutDined on 8/30/2014The evening dining was exquisite in every way except the food. The service was impeccable, the welcoming glass of champagne garnished with a blackberry for new comers was delightful, the architecture and decor was impressive but the food was just "OK". The salmon was the best item that I ate and definitely well prepared. The beet salad consisted of a cut up bland beet with three bite size pieces of lettuce; I ate one bite. The salmon was laid on a bowl of white beans. The beans were not tasty and a terrible combination for the salmon. The dessert was a piece of chocolate cake that was good but not remarkable. All that said, I will still give this beautiful place with great service another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.