Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn
300 East New England Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thealfondinn.com/
- Phone: (407) 998-8089
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch Daily: 11-30am - 2-00pm
Dinner Sun - Tue: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Dinner Wed - Sat: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 7:00am - 2:00pm
Lounge and Bar Daily: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Marc Kusche
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room available in the restaurant
- Private Party Contact: Natasha x
A word from Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn
Hamilton’s Kitchen menus feature current Florida farm to table practices, respecting nature’s sustainable indigenous products, freshly presented with modern culinary techniques. Al fresco dining on the Hamilton’s Kitchen patio is also available. Hamilton’s Kitchen serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)neighborhood gem (67)fit for foodies (66)great for outdoor dining (66)romantic (55)great for brunch (39)good for groups (39)notable wine list (28)great for lunch (25)scenic view (21)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (19)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (5)Show More
- supreme diningfood4lifeDined on 9/6/2014Tried Hamiilton's Kitchen on Magical Dining and will surely return. Service was outstanding and the meat was cooked exactly as ordered. Loved the succotash with the asparagus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I hope I hit it on the wrong nightWorldTravlerDined on 9/5/2014Dinner was over 2 hours, we were comped a 2nd round of drinks, though my dinner companion was supposed to receive two glasses of wine with the dinner pairing. I think the menu clearly stated crab cakes though, only one came out. The cake had plenty of crab and the polenta/grits that it rested on was very tasty. Recommend the crab cake. The wild mushroom ravioli was very tasty and full of flavor and I could actually taste the individual mushrooms. The sauce was just right, not too thick or think and coated the pasta beautifully. The roasted tomatoes were sweet and added an eye pleasing contrast to the plate. The short ribs were not short nor ribs. It was chuck roast. The vegetables were the highlight of the course. The cheesecake was lackingSpecial Features:
- RedemptionBrewerVIPDined on 9/4/2014New chef, some new servers, new attitude - all worked. Cody our server was OUTSTANDING and a far cry from what we’ve experienced during our past dining incidents. Don’t get me wrong the food has always been enjoyable; it’s the service that’s been sketchy.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceSilverVIPDined on 9/4/2014We had an incredible experience. The food was delicious. I did a 3 course Orlando Magical Dining and my husband did the chefs 4 course special so we tasted 7 different things, all very tasty and very nice portions. We were served by a team of 2 and they were very knowledable about the menu and wine list. We were celebrating an anniversary and they made it extra special with a card, complimentary champagne and a glass of port to accompany our dessert. The manager and the executive chef visited our table to make sure we enjoyed our meal. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical diningbecsueDined on 9/4/2014The food and service was great. We went for magical dining. The choices were good.Special Features:
- Good food, petite portionsAngelaDined on 9/4/2014I returned to Hamilton's Kitchen and noticed they successfully addressed the noise level. The portions are still too small, especially for the price, but the food was good. I did not try the steak, which was what we had problem with the last time, but plan on giving the steak another try soon. Thank you for listening to your customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rifoodiesDined on 9/3/2014The food and service was excellent. We are from out of state and heard about The Magical Orlando Dining Menu. We went on line and checked out menus you had us at beet salad. We wanted something different. It was a nice ending to a beautiful day in the lovely Town of Winter Park!Special Features:
- A Great Dinner in A Beautiful PlaceBenAroundDinerDined on 9/3/2014Girls Night Out and we loved this place. Beautifully decorated, quiet enough to carry on a conversation. We choose the Magical Dining menu and everything was delicious. The waitstaff was very attentive. We dined inside but later, when it isn't so hot, the patio area will be wonderful. Yes, we are planning to go back!Special Features:
- One of our new favorites!BuckyDined on 9/2/2014This was our second lunch visit at Hamilton's Kitchen. The setting and service (including valet parking) are elegant, and the prices are very reasonable, contrary to what we had thought before actually eating here. We will retutn!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going to Try AgainggdinesoutDined on 8/30/2014The evening dining was exquisite in every way except the food. The service was impeccable, the welcoming glass of champagne garnished with a blackberry for new comers was delightful, the architecture and decor was impressive but the food was just "OK". The salmon was the best item that I ate and definitely well prepared. The beet salad consisted of a cut up bland beet with three bite size pieces of lettuce; I ate one bite. The salmon was laid on a bowl of white beans. The beans were not tasty and a terrible combination for the salmon. The dessert was a piece of chocolate cake that was good but not remarkable. All that said, I will still give this beautiful place with great service another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice VibeTomsTipsDined on 8/30/2014We stopped by to enjoy the annual Magical Dining program. This was our first visit, and as such we were pleasantly surprised by a complimentary glass of champagne. The food was very well prepared. The service was attentive and friendly. My only quibble, and this was minor, was that when the servers checked back to see how we were doing they used the phrase "Are you still working on that? ". That is a Denny's restaurant phrase, and not suitable for a nice restaurant. Dining is not "work", especially with the quality coming out of this kitchen! Thanks for a fun night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secretOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Outstanding spot to meet friends. Contemporary, vibrant spot. Food was creative, fresh and well prepared. Service was over the top, felt like a celebrity. Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new find!DMinOrlandoDined on 8/23/2014This boutique hotel is gorgeous, and Hamilton Kitchen has a great atmosphere. It's a combination of modern and rustic charm. The food was very good and the staff was very accommodating (particularly the assistant restaurant manager who visited our table a couple of times to make sure everything was good). Our server told us they have a great brunch on Sundays, so we plan to return soon and try it. We also noticed that the bar/lounge area was very nice and will definitely come hang out for drinks one night in the near future. They also have outdoor dining - great setting in a courtyard. So when the weather gets a bit more pleasant, it would be nice to sit outside and enjoy the courtyard while having dinner.Special Features:
- Great service and good food!orlandoboy32Dined on 8/15/2014I have to say that I was really surprised to see how attentive the waiter was with us and how fast we were able to sit to our table. It was great making a reservation in advance and notify of any special events. They were able to accommodate our last minute request for our anniversary and a cupcake plus champagne was served at the end of our service. I will highly recommend the Hamilton for dinner.Special Features:
- peacockfoodieDined on 8/10/2014Our waiter, Jose, was excellent. The restaurant and the hotel are lovely with live music playing on Sunday for brunch. I ordered a lunch item as the other people at our table. My fish tacos came fried and battered which was not stated on the menu nor did the waiter inform us that was the case. I asked what type of fish and was told it mahi mahi. The presentation was nice and others at the table liked their food. The fish tacos could have been a lot better had the fish been grilled or blackened. I will ask next time if they could grille them and give me a spicy salsa. I think I will try other dishes next time I go there. I want the restaurant to succeed as it is in a lovely boutique hotel near my home.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnercatham1980Dined on 8/9/2014Our food was so good !! The server had great knowledge about the Inn and especially the menu. A wondetful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingaking83VIPDined on 8/2/2014The place is gorgeous, and very well kept. The food and service was exceptional. The most impressive dining experience I've had in a long time!Special Features:
- 1st time visit to Hamilton'sDeanMDined on 8/2/2014I have been waiting to visit the Alfond Inn since it opened last year. I needed to host a business lunch in Winter park on Saturday and an associate recommended Hamilton's. So I'm walking up and suddenly realize that Hamilton's is in the Alfond. The lunch was a huge success and I can't wait to go back for an extended weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 165 reviews are from the Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn reviews archive.
- Go try it!JontysJauntsDined on 7/26/2014Really nice restaurant with a good vibe. Food generally excellent and would recommend the braised short rib, delicious. However, the complimentary (nice touch) lamb chops were the fattiest I have ever encountered and the caesar salad non-descript, otherwise the offerings were superb. The wines, as to be expected within such surroundings, were again way over-priced (a particular gripe of mine with top restaurants and hotels). 400% plus profit on drinks is unacceptable but us diners put up with it worldwide! Generally, a nice experience in a beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food nice ambianceStephenDined on 7/25/2014The service was wonderful, the food was excellent and the ambiance was nice. I'm pleased to have finally tried tis place after having been open for a year. I understand they have a great Sunday brunch. The portions are rather large and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish tacos were deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Really enjoyed the fish tacos. The crunchy mahi mahi in them that day was perfect.Special Features:
- Full Marks for the Alfond Inn!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our first visit to this impressive restaurant. The service, attention to detail and food choice was impressive. Our waiter Corey was knowledgeable and fun, we would definitely recommend for a romantic/special dinner.Special Features:
- Good but not that memorableKatiebatieladieDined on 7/18/2014Our steak was cooked medium instead of medium rare. The fries were a bit too chewy. It was good but we had pretty high expectations & it was just ok compared to most restaurants with that price range.Special Features:
- The Best ServiceFoodieDined on 7/17/2014Shields & Pietro - servers, true pros. They are way above anyone else we have been served by in the Orlando area. Menu - well conceived & interesting. I would say that the corvina served on cold veggies would be better on hot veggies. The fish cooled down too fast. The watermelon salad - to die for. Decor is wonderful. However - no sound barrier between the very loud bar with live music and the restaurant. The bar acoustics are intended for a lively, loud environment. To have to deal with that in the dining room is a huge detriment to the evening's enjoyment - really annoying & diminishes the whole experience.Special Features:
- nogobuffetsDined on 7/12/2014Totally enjoyed spending my birthday here...service and food were excellent as was the company of family and a friend. Have enjoyed lunch here three times and dinner was also exceptional. Will definitely return for many more lunches and dinner...and even brunch...Special Features:
- Slow, slow and slowWPdinerVIPDined on 7/7/2014Although the service was friendly, the kitchen was very slow. The food was good, but not worth the long wait.
- Not what it used to beRebecaDined on 7/3/2014This restaurant is nothing like it used to be when it first opened. The quality of the food plummed as well as any attention to detail. The place was absolutely dead during dinner, and perhaps the quality of food and the price had a lot do with the fact that nobody goes there. Save your self time and money, simply go to any of the restaurants at hannibal square or park avenue.Special Features:
- Simply wonderfulDelishDined on 7/2/2014The restaurant is beautifully decorated adding to a memorable dining experience. The menu is well rounded with a variety of delicious choices , ranging from unique and perfectly prepared appetizers to simply prepared and full of flavor main courses. The service is wonderful, Preido (spelling) was our main server and he really made us feel comfortable - almost like we were at home.Special Features:
- Treated us as specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014We were there celebrating our anniversary. The hostess had found this out the previous night when we stopped by on our way to the bar and had poked our heads in to view the restaurant. We were staying at the hotel that houses the restaurant. The table we were seated at had rose petals on the table and an anniversary card to us from "Hamilton's Kitchen." We were also served complimentary glasses of champagne and as a parting gift a happy anniversary cupcake. Most important though the food was excellent and service superb. My wife had the ahi tuna and eggplant entree and I had the short ribs with mashed potatoes and veggies. We shared the shrimp and grits appetizer which was also memorable. Our server Brian was attentive w/o being intrusive.Special Features:
- Beautiful Inn & restaurantKayeDined on 6/29/2014Dinner was very good but breakfast was even better. Don't think it can be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic evening!TColin407VIPDined on 6/27/2014I wish more people knew about this wonderful place. Some of the best food in Winter Park. Cory is a top-notch server.....ask for him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLocalRubesDined on 6/13/2014We had high expectations as we heard positive commentary of the venue and chose it for our anniversary dinner. We thoroughly enjoy our dirty martini's at the bar prior to our dinner, great flavor, friendly staff, nice atmosphere, but from there, the evening descended. The food was fine, but the biggest issue we had was with our server. He was curt and unwelcoming, there was not a time during the meal that we didn't feel that we were interfering with his day. He virtually ignored my wife and seemed to make a point to do the absolute minimum that he could get away with.it was quite possibly the worst service that we have ever received at any restaurant, anywhere. The final insult was when he checked for his tip before leaving the table
- Wonderful experience.Diner1237Dined on 6/11/2014My wife and I had a wonderful experience. This was our second time visiting Hamilton's Kitchen. It was good our first time but this experience was truly great. It has become one of our top pics in the Orlando area. I can't say enough about how good it was. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdayDined on 6/8/2014Very lovely place. Food was excellent, good service, fair prices. Our waiter Brian, was knoweldgable, helpful, and plesant. Great atmospher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ExperiencescottahansenVIPDined on 6/7/2014The food quality / selection was good. The place was quite busy, and it seemed like the wait staff was spread a bit too thin. But, they did a good job. The manager need to staff up just a bit on Saturday night and they'll be fine. The main issue was the ambient noise. The interior of the dining room looks great. But all hard surfaces. Makes it VERY loud. Need some sound deadening materials soon.Special Features:
- LeslieVIPDined on 5/25/2014We went to Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn because we wanted to see the Alfond Inn. The hotel is beautiful and the restaurant was nicely done, too. The service at the restaurant was very slow and I had to get up to find the waitress once. The food was tasty, but I ordered the fish tacos and thought they were grilled and found out when I got them that they were fried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favesTColin407VIPDined on 5/23/2014Have been dining there weekly for a couple of months. Start with the $6 Grey Goose martini sat happy hour in the bar!Special Features:
- Would give it a second tryDiningJeanneVIPDined on 5/12/2014Good happy hour pricing on drinks but no break on appetizers or food. I ordered shrimp & grits which were ice cold. Management was very apologetic and hadn't new order made. Grits and shrimp were both well cooked but entire dish was under seasoned including the Dahl sauce. Needed salt, pepper and alittle kick or savory. The greens placed on top were too tough and the stems were really too big and hard. Should've used micro greens. But the restaurant does support Rollins and the servers and bartenders were very attentive and nice so for that reason and the wonderful Floridian style ambience, I'd chalk it up to "it happens sometimes" and would go back and give the kitchen a second chance.Special Features:
- Great new restaurantNashDined on 5/11/2014Hamilton's Kitchen is a great new find! The food and the service were delicious. The bar is also an excellent place to enjoy drinks and appetizers.Special Features:
- BrunchDotandBoVIPDined on 5/11/2014EXCELLENT! A welcome find for us...lovely setting and very good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.