Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn
300 East New England Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thealfondinn.com/
- Phone: 4079988089x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch Daily: 11-30am - 2-00pm
Dinner Sun - Tue: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Dinner Wed - Sat: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 7:00am - 2:00pm
Lounge and Bar Daily: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Marc Kusche
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room available in the restaurant
- Private Party Contact: Natasha x
A word from Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn
Hamilton’s Kitchen menus feature current Florida farm to table practices, respecting nature’s sustainable indigenous products, freshly presented with modern culinary techniques. Al fresco dining on the Hamilton’s Kitchen patio is also available. Hamilton’s Kitchen serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (31)great for outdoor dining (30)neighborhood gem (23)romantic (20)great for brunch (19)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (17)scenic view (9)great for lunch (9)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- Full Marks for the Alfond Inn!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our first visit to this impressive restaurant. The service, attention to detail and food choice was impressive. Our waiter Corey was knowledgeable and fun, we would definitely recommend for a romantic/special dinner.Special Features:
- Good but not that memorableKatiebatieladieDined on 7/18/2014Our steak was cooked medium instead of medium rare. The fries were a bit too chewy. It was good but we had pretty high expectations & it was just ok compared to most restaurants with that price range.Special Features:
- The Best ServiceFoodieDined on 7/17/2014Shields & Pietro - servers, true pros. They are way above anyone else we have been served by in the Orlando area. Menu - well conceived & interesting. I would say that the corvina served on cold veggies would be better on hot veggies. The fish cooled down too fast. The watermelon salad - to die for. Decor is wonderful. However - no sound barrier between the very loud bar with live music and the restaurant. The bar acoustics are intended for a lively, loud environment. To have to deal with that in the dining room is a huge detriment to the evening's enjoyment - really annoying & diminishes the whole experience.Special Features:
- Slow, slow and slowWPdinerVIPDined on 7/7/2014Although the service was friendly, the kitchen was very slow. The food was good, but not worth the long wait.
- Not what it used to beRebecaDined on 7/3/2014This restaurant is nothing like it used to be when it first opened. The quality of the food plummed as well as any attention to detail. The place was absolutely dead during dinner, and perhaps the quality of food and the price had a lot do with the fact that nobody goes there. Save your self time and money, simply go to any of the restaurants at hannibal square or park avenue.Special Features:
- Simply wonderfulDelishDined on 7/2/2014The restaurant is beautifully decorated adding to a memorable dining experience. The menu is well rounded with a variety of delicious choices , ranging from unique and perfectly prepared appetizers to simply prepared and full of flavor main courses. The service is wonderful, Preido (spelling) was our main server and he really made us feel comfortable - almost like we were at home.Special Features:
- Treated us as specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014We were there celebrating our anniversary. The hostess had found this out the previous night when we stopped by on our way to the bar and had poked our heads in to view the restaurant. We were staying at the hotel that houses the restaurant. The table we were seated at had rose petals on the table and an anniversary card to us from "Hamilton's Kitchen." We were also served complimentary glasses of champagne and as a parting gift a happy anniversary cupcake. Most important though the food was excellent and service superb. My wife had the ahi tuna and eggplant entree and I had the short ribs with mashed potatoes and veggies. We shared the shrimp and grits appetizer which was also memorable. Our server Brian was attentive w/o being intrusive.Special Features:
- Beautiful Inn & restaurantKayeDined on 6/29/2014Dinner was very good but breakfast was even better. Don't think it can be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic evening!TColin407VIPDined on 6/27/2014I wish more people knew about this wonderful place. Some of the best food in Winter Park. Cory is a top-notch server.....ask for him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLocalRubesDined on 6/13/2014We had high expectations as we heard positive commentary of the venue and chose it for our anniversary dinner. We thoroughly enjoy our dirty martini's at the bar prior to our dinner, great flavor, friendly staff, nice atmosphere, but from there, the evening descended. The food was fine, but the biggest issue we had was with our server. He was curt and unwelcoming, there was not a time during the meal that we didn't feel that we were interfering with his day. He virtually ignored my wife and seemed to make a point to do the absolute minimum that he could get away with.it was quite possibly the worst service that we have ever received at any restaurant, anywhere. The final insult was when he checked for his tip before leaving the table
- Wonderful experience.Diner1237Dined on 6/11/2014My wife and I had a wonderful experience. This was our second time visiting Hamilton's Kitchen. It was good our first time but this experience was truly great. It has become one of our top pics in the Orlando area. I can't say enough about how good it was. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdayDined on 6/8/2014Very lovely place. Food was excellent, good service, fair prices. Our waiter Brian, was knoweldgable, helpful, and plesant. Great atmospher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ExperiencescottahansenVIPDined on 6/7/2014The food quality / selection was good. The place was quite busy, and it seemed like the wait staff was spread a bit too thin. But, they did a good job. The manager need to staff up just a bit on Saturday night and they'll be fine. The main issue was the ambient noise. The interior of the dining room looks great. But all hard surfaces. Makes it VERY loud. Need some sound deadening materials soon.Special Features:
- LeslieVIPDined on 5/25/2014We went to Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn because we wanted to see the Alfond Inn. The hotel is beautiful and the restaurant was nicely done, too. The service at the restaurant was very slow and I had to get up to find the waitress once. The food was tasty, but I ordered the fish tacos and thought they were grilled and found out when I got them that they were fried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favesTColin407VIPDined on 5/23/2014Have been dining there weekly for a couple of months. Start with the $6 Grey Goose martini sat happy hour in the bar!Special Features:
- Would give it a second tryDiningJeanneVIPDined on 5/12/2014Good happy hour pricing on drinks but no break on appetizers or food. I ordered shrimp & grits which were ice cold. Management was very apologetic and hadn't new order made. Grits and shrimp were both well cooked but entire dish was under seasoned including the Dahl sauce. Needed salt, pepper and alittle kick or savory. The greens placed on top were too tough and the stems were really too big and hard. Should've used micro greens. But the restaurant does support Rollins and the servers and bartenders were very attentive and nice so for that reason and the wonderful Floridian style ambience, I'd chalk it up to "it happens sometimes" and would go back and give the kitchen a second chance.Special Features:
- Great new restaurantNashDined on 5/11/2014Hamilton's Kitchen is a great new find! The food and the service were delicious. The bar is also an excellent place to enjoy drinks and appetizers.Special Features:
- BrunchDotandBoDined on 5/11/2014EXCELLENT! A welcome find for us...lovely setting and very good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor meal Great atmospherestarfish1633Dined on 5/8/2014If you're going for just a drink then have a great time! The outdoor dining location is very pretty! The food was not good. We paid $100 for our meal and the meal was so incredibly lackluster. I'd never go back again to pay that price and receive such a less than mediocre meal. We had the kale salad, which was fine, the gazpacho which was tomatoes sitting in liquid water, the fish of the day that was over the most tasteless crab meat ever, and a wedge salad with grilled chicken that I could make better at home without thought. Very, very disappointing.Special Features:
- FoodskyhawkDined on 4/26/2014The restaurant is casual elegance and the service is outstanding. The food, however, was just average. My wife had swordfish, which was she indicated was just average and I had the spare ribs, which the waitress told me would be so tender I would not need a knife. However, the meat was overcooked and dry. The manager stopped to check on us and when he saw the meat he immediately removed it from the bill and offered me anything else that I would like to order. They were very professional. I was bummed, however, when I ordered the creme brulee, only to be told they had run out (8:30 PM). I understand that a new chef starts in May, so we will definitely try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great potential!AnneDined on 4/25/2014The ambiance was wonderful with outside seating on a beautiful evening. Service was friendly and enthusiastic but some basic training on timely plate clearing and checking in would be helpful. Will definitely be back. Lots of potential just some growing pains with new folks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BILLBDined on 4/24/2014A great addition to Winter Park. Love staying at the Alfond and eating at HamiltonsI would recommend this to a friend.
- good informationMIMIHUNTSMANDined on 4/20/2014HAD EASTER BRUNCH, RES 1:30 SEATED 1:25 GIVEN BMARY & MIMOSA LIST( MAKE YOUR OWN GOOD DEAL) NO PRICES BUT A $2:00 PRICE ON MENU. NEXT GIVEN EASTER BRUNCH MENU , PRICE $42:00 ORDERED B-SHORT RIBS( VERY GOOD). SERVICE WAS SLOW AND THE BILL WAS NOT CORRECT. WE WERE CHARGED $55.00 EACH FOR THE 42:00 BRUNCH. CALL TO THE MANAGER THE CHARGE WAS CORRECTED, HE SAID THAT IT WAS THE COMPUTER . TOOK 2 HOURS TO LEAVE AND PAY THE BILLSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter brunch - lot to be desiredJloverDined on 4/20/2014Having had a fabulous Sunday brunch before we booked reservations for Easter brunch. The very limited menu left much to be desired. Mimosas and bloody Mary's couldn't be served until 11am. Food was over all good and service was good but we would not return for a holiday meal again. For what we had we also felt it was very overpriced. Restaurant is gorgeous and the live piano music added to a relaxed and comfortable ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was good food was just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/19/2014So many other choices in WP and Orlando for a great dining experience that I would not recommend this place. The decor was nice with great outdoor seating and the service was attentive. It is disappointing that the food was just okay. Quality of the food was good but the taste just didn't deliver. The beer salad was tasty, brussel sprouts were okay as well but the two main courses undelivered. The grouper was over cooked and the pork was very fatty. It was a disappointing evening. Find another restaurant to dine at if you want good service and good food.Special Features:
- Great food not so great serviceapple17Dined on 4/19/2014We went there Saturday morning for breakfast with our family. Overall the food was great and I would go back but be prepared for slow service. The servers tried to do a nice job but it was like the restaurant just opened. They took probably 20 minutes to get us coffee and another 10 to get us the mimosas we ordered. The coffee didn't come with cream and we had to ask for that a number of times before it came. Once they finally got around to taking our order it was pretty smooth sailing from there. The restaurant itself is gorgeous and the porch area where we sat was lovely. If they can work out the kinks this will be a great place to go off the avenue.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceSgnjadbVIPDined on 4/13/2014This is my second experience here and the food was not nearly as good as the first time. We loved eating outdoors on the patio. With all of the other options nearby, the food quality is not worth the price.Special Features:
- Awesome find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014My wife and I love to try new places and that's not always an easy thing to do here in Orlando. I found this place after catching it on a food blog that I frequent and decided to try this instead of our usual places. I was not disappointed! The service is some of the best on Park Avenue, and the food is awesome as well.Special Features:
- Hidden gemRumorDined on 4/9/2014Two blocks from the heart of Winter Park sits a strikingly beautiful hotel which houses Hamilton's restaurant. Candy for the eyes walking to the restaurant and the food served didn't disappoint the taste buds either. The Mac and cheese was best I've ever had, the salads were beautiful with tender mixed baby greens and a light dressing. BLT was done on what seemed to be home made bread and was delectible. Our waiter was a perfect combination of being warm and welcoming while maintaining an air of the delicious sense of pretentiousness that was fitting this establishment. It was a ten on a scale of ten. A treat for all the senses. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 132 reviews are from the Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn reviews archive.
- Good new place but a little priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014First time dining at Hamilton's. Surprised it was not very busy but its new and not right on Park Ave. Service was excellent. Nice décor. Food was great! Prices were slightly higher than other nearby offerings. Wine list is a little boring especially by the glass. They could use some more variety in the wine selection although it was nice to see some ports to choose from. Bar area is also nice but can be noisy. We enjoyed it an will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Winter Park GemBonbonDined on 4/2/2014Lunch menu was varied and service was good. I would like to see a bread basket included with lunch menus.Special Features:
- The menu for Sunday BrunchfoodienitaDined on 3/30/2014The menu for Sunday Brunch is very limited and no appetizers was a real disappointment.Special Features:
- New favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2014The food was amazing - gave ravenous pig a run for their money. Loved the ambience of the outdoor seating area. Great drink list too. Will be going back a lotSpecial Features:
- 2 steps forward, 3 steps backmc33410VIPDined on 3/21/2014We've eaten at Hamiltons Kitchen half a dozen times and what is consistent is the inconsistency. They can never seem to get it all together at the same time. On this occasion, knowing that the Art Festival was in time, you think they'd be prepared. The service was slow, they forgot to get gas for the outdoor heaters and it took almost 2 hours for our main dishes to come out. On a positive note, they did lower the prices. The manager did buy us our drinks but regardless, we want this place to succeed but i guess in the end, it's just another hotel restaurant.Special Features:
- Pleasant surprise in a hotelMaccDined on 3/13/2014We're always leery of hotel restaurants in America because some aren't up to restaurant-based competition. This one had excellent food and a most comfortable outdoor ambience. Service was trying hard and will likely get better or even be better than on our peak-load evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Definitely a bitFranDined on 3/9/2014Great food. Definitely a bit pricey. We were able to sit outside which just added to the ambience of the evening.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableWP123Dined on 3/2/2014A group of four of us went to Hamilton's Kitchen at the Alfond Inn for a Sunday brunch. We sat outdoor at the patio, a very enjoyable atmosphere. The music was a little loud, so we asked the waiter to reduce the volume, which he did. The brunch menu selection was rather limited, but the ordered food came promptly and was delightful in particular the Eggs Benedict. This place is very unique, and we are planning to return in the near future.Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/1/2014This was my second time and my expectations were again exceeded. The food is amazing and the service is as well - I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overkill on up-sellOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/28/2014My wife had been to Hamilton's Kitchen twice and LOVED IT!! We had a friend in town and thought we would share the experience with her. There was a small crowd for a Friday night. We had two waiters for our table. The two waiters would up sell everything - wine / appetizers / entrees / drinks / desserts. At one point the it became too much and the table was not enjoying the experience. The neighborhood is great but our experience on that night was poor
- the service is still sketchy hereWpchowhoundVIPDined on 2/27/2014some of the food is wonderful, and the menu's interesting - it's nice to have another option in Winter Park - the art makes it worth the trip - but the service at Hamilton's is touch and go, alas!