Hamilton's Grill Room
8 Coryell Street
Lambertville, NJ 08530Neighborhood:
New Hope / Lambertville
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Hamilton's Grill Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hamiltonsgrillroom.com/
- Phone: 6093974343x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday- Sunday: 11:30 am-2:30 pm
Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Mark Miller
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: At the Grill Room, the combination of fresh imaginative cuisine, flawless service and warm ambiance has the kind of alchemy that turns ordinary events into extraordinary occasions. In your home of other venue it's an equally custom experience. Whether simple or lavish, traditional or unconventional, large or small, each celebration is highly personal, and produced with infinite thoughtfulness and care.
At your place or ours expect...perfection to the last detail.
On & off site catering.
Contact: Reed Apaghian - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Contact: Reed Apaghian - email@example.com
Please visit our website to review our catering brochure, which includes photographs and descriptions of rooms and spaces at the Hamilton's Grill Room available for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 6093974343x
- Special Events: Weddings . Cocktail Parties . Rehearsal Dinners . Bridal / Baby Showers . Anniversaries . Graduations . Fundraisers . Birthdays
Christening / Confirmations . Bar / Bat Mitzvahs . Holiday Celebrations Business Events . Corporate Meetings . Team Building -Cooking Classes
Unforgettable events begin with careful attention to details and uncompromising standards. Rest assured that in the hands of our gracious, polished, and genuinely caring staff your celebration will shine. They'll be no attitude, no pretension and nary a cummerbund or ruffled shirt. Trust us to produce tasteful events tailored to your needs and flawlessly executed.
Contact: Reed Apaghian - email@example.com
A word from Hamilton's Grill Room
Canal side, nestled in the European charm of a courtyard near the Delaware River & surrounded by quaint antique shops & art galleries, it is the remarkable creation & signature of award winning Broadway set designer & restaurateur Jim Hamilton, & reflects his one-of-a-kind signature style. Warm, soulful & sophisticated, the Grill Room remains one of the most romantic & unique places to dine in the Northeast. The Grill room's vibrant menus combine great style with a reverence for Mediterranean-inspired classics. Expertly prepared with skill & passion by executive chef Mark Miller, Jim Hamilton's seasonal offerings include grilled foods with voluptuous flavors liberally borrowed from cultural influences ranging from France, Greece & Italy to Spain & Morocco. Featuring fresh ingredients from some of the region's best purveyors, dishes are artful & generously portioned at the same time they are satisfyingly simple. CATERING at your place or ours expect perfection to the last detail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Hamilton's Grill Room - Best Restaurants in New Hope / Lambertville ›
Hamilton's Grill Room reviews from OpenTable diners
205 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (151)romantic (112)special occasion (99)fit for foodies (99)neighborhood gem (95)scenic view (51)good for groups (41)hot spot (23)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (10)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Pleasant, but slow serviceanonymousDined on 9/28/2014We had the place pretty much to ourselves for a Sunday night. The food was good, the servers were nice, but the service was extremely slow. We sat at 7:30 and didn't leave until 10. Had to get up a few times just to ask for water refills. Not the Hamilton Grill I remember from the past. Not on my "must go back" list.Special Features:
- old favoritefood4thoughtDined on 9/28/2014Always good. New expanded menu with more options and old favorites. Great service from a friendly staff. Don't miss the grilled shrimp with anchovies!Special Features:
- Not always what it should beFGoldenDined on 9/28/2014This is probably the 4th time that we have eaten here. As usual, the food was quite good. Between the 3 of us, we had 2 orders of the scallops and one steak. Everything was excellent. However, for the 1st time, the service was abominable. We had to ask 3 times for bread for the table over 15 minute period. The soups took 20 minutes to come out after they were ordered. There was special desert, a 3=flavor sundae which we asked if we could share. They were nice enough to agree, but they served us each small helping of each of the 3 flavors, but without the fudge or whipped cream. We rated our previous visits 5-stars, but not this time. Hopefully, it was just a bad day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Service friendly but really slow. Long after we had ordered we were told what we had ordered was not available. We had waited almost an hour to learn this. Way too long. For our very long wait, and the fact that we weren't able to get what we had wanted, it would have been a smart move to have comped us for dessert. That would have been classy. Instead, makes us hesitant to return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014They were packed and under staffed. We could get over that but waited 1 hour for the salad and my wife's shrimp was about 30 minutes overdone. While my steak was perfect it still isn't up to the standard of going back.
- Not worth the trip!FinedinerDined on 9/26/2014We drove over twenty five miles to return to Hamilton Grill. Service, very average but it was the one leg King Crab that just plain shocked me. It was an entree for two, $52.00. My husbands portion was a quarter of the crab itself attached to one leg. My portion was a leg 8" long leg with maybe an ounce or two of meat. Ridiculous. We complained, nothing was done. I still cannot believe this was real. Despite the crab tasting good this was an insult. Never again! And my I say, the charm of the filthy flower pots, peeling paint everywhere, was lost on me for a fine dining restaurant. A little upkeep would go a long way.Special Features:
- daretodineDined on 9/20/2014Our recent visit was exceptional, this is the Hamilton's I know and Love.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2014Beautiful hidden gem on the canal in Lambertville! The food is delicious, we especially loved the Maine oysters!Special Features:
- Great Evening OutBabi6118Dined on 9/16/2014We went to Hamilton's for our anniversary, and it was everything we could have ever wanted! We don't go out to eat very often, so we wanted this experience to be worth our while and our wallet. It was both! The service was outstanding! Our server had a very balanced approach; not too over the top, but when we asked for recommendations he was glad to share. The food was excellent! I am still thinking about the Chilled Borschet! There was a large party that night, and they did get a little noisy at times. Perhaps we could have sat in the front or the middle rooms since we were only a two top??? Maybe in the future, consider the placement of couples in relation to big parties. Thanks for a great, memorable evening!Special Features:
- Still amazing after many years!GoodfoodfanDined on 9/13/2014Hamilton grill has been our go to place for my birthday and any reason we could find to dine there! It is a little quirky as is part of lambertville's charm, which I love. The food is simple, elegant, and perfectly prepared- right nearby your table, if you happen to be seated near the grill. Don't worry though- there's no smoke, only the delicious aroma of the grill. The place is often packed and the staff remains happy, efficient and engaging. The grilled shrimp with anchovy butter is a must, and the grilled whole fish (filleted at my request) was incredible. I can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinesalotDined on 9/13/2014Too noisy for starters. Didnt realize it was byob but bar nextdoor sells wine. Seated right next to the one unisex bathroom. Quite interesting. Food was good. Service was good. Rustic look intresting.Special Features:
- 50th birthday partyStirling11Dined on 9/13/2014I took a group of four to Hamilton's Grill for a 50th birthday celebration and it was a very memorable night. The food and service was fantastic and the property and surrounding area had a very warm feel to it. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Old friends dinnerJCKidd63Dined on 9/13/2014We recently met old friends for dinner and chose the restaurant based on menu and location. The menu satisfied everyone and the food was well prepared and delicious. The only problem was that one of the ordered appetizers never arrived. I would recommend the restaurant notwithstanding this shortcoming.Special Features:
- DanalDined on 9/12/2014we went with 2 friends. The food was unremarkable (salmon, steak, crab cakes, sword fish), ambience is great.Special Features:
- An Old FavoritejoetaxDined on 9/11/2014We've been coming to Hamilton's since it opened. It never disappoints. Hospitable service in a pretty location with a menue that includes old favorites as well as something newSpecial Features:
- Gem on the CanalWingdaddyDined on 9/9/2014Secluded gem on the canal offering an exquisite dinning pleasure, romantic ambience and great service. Especially when paired with the neighboring Boat House Bar, an elegant experience in itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!Sun18fishDined on 9/6/2014We have been coming to Hamilton's Grill Room for about 15 years now and have experienced some ups and downs over the years…but always happily return as it's one of our favorite spots. Our recent visit was truly one of the best ones ever. We enjoyed oysters and both of the specials and our food was fabulous. However, what really made the night was the spectacular service. Our server was right on the money - attentive but not at all overbearing. We spent most of our dinner immersed in deep conversation, and several times I caught her out of the corner of my eye trying not to interrupt us while still attending to our needs. I wish I could remember her name! We are already planning our return visit - what a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive just to eat here!FoodArchitectVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have been going to Hamilton's for many years and honestly it is some of the best food we ever eat - even having dined at many 1-3 Michelin star places. Every dinner at Hamilton's challenges those other restaurants in the quality of the food, creative menu and exceptional service. We will travel over an hour to just dine here for the night! Mark makes you feel like you are home and the restaurant décor is wonderful, inspirational and relaxing!Special Features:
- NiniDined on 9/5/2014Our favorite restaurant in America (and we are from nyc!!!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice romantic dinnerBobBDined on 9/5/2014Service was very good; food (fish) was outstanding. Portions were not huge, but that was fine for me. It's a BYOB, the atmosphere is very charming and relaxed. Would like to see more salad options (the 2 available were very basic, but good). I would recommend this place for an evening out in Lambertville with someone special. After dinner cocktail at The Boat House next door is a great complement to an excellent dinner at Hamilton's Grill RoomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An old standardBillVIPDined on 9/3/2014We've been going to Hamilton's for nearly 30 years. The grill chef is still amazing, but the quality of the kitchen-prepared food varies. Our salads were uninspired. The wait staff is very good. No complaints there. It needs just a little more attention to detail to be the great restaurant that it has been in the past, but it was still a very nice evening.Special Features:
- FantasticVprofyDined on 9/2/2014Food always great. Outdoor seating on a summer evening is delightful. Friends visiting, the restaurant we wanted to share. Our second visit in a month.Special Features:
- LOVED THE FOOD, BUT NOT THE SERVICEpaula1VIPDined on 8/30/2014THIS WAS NOT THE FIRST TIME WE DINNED AT THE HAMILTON GRILL ROOM. WE HAVE NEVER EVER BEEN DSAPPOINTED WITH THE FOOD OR PRESENTATION. THIS HOWEVER WAS THE FIRST TIME WE WERE DISAPPOINTED IN THE SERVER, I BELIEVE HER NAME WAS JULIET. WE FOUND HER TO BE NOT FRIENDLY AND NOT ATTENATIVE TO OUR REQUESTS FOR SPECIAL NEEDS THAT WERE OUTSIDE OF THE SELECTION OF THE MENU FOR OUR MAIN DINNER. SHE DID NOT MAKE US FEEL AT ALL WELCOMED AT THE HAMILTON GRILL ROOM. IN THE PAST WE NEVER HAD A SERVER WHO DID NOT PRESENT THE STANDARDS OF SERVICE PRESENTED AT YOUR RESTURANT.Special Features:
- Friday night dateTomDDined on 8/29/2014They were able to accommodate my request to be seated outside and the table was great. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. The appetizer of oysters was outstanding, fresh. We asked for a leisurely pace and he accommodated us well. The entrees were very good ((although my wife's salmon was a little over cooked) and the mushroom risotto side was outstanding. Hamilton Grill is fast becoming one of my favorites in Lambertville. Drinks before dinner at the Boathouse next door is always a treat.Special Features:
- TerryJDined on 8/27/2014Dined in doors and was not taken by the decore. Food was excellent. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurant experienceWingdam47Dined on 8/24/2014Outdoor dining in a very elegant yet casual setting, food interesting and well prepared. Extra incentive of being a high end BYOB, service was a bit slow but didn't detract from nice experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor dining spotEyeBVIPDined on 8/24/2014Lovely place to have lunch on a beautiful afternoon. Attentive and charming waitress, good food, well-presented.Special Features:
- Wow!Luv2eatDined on 8/23/2014Great restaurant. The food was amazing especially that night's specials.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningSumaDined on 8/23/2014We have dined here a few times and NEVER been disappointed. We chose this venue for a thank you dinner for a special couple who had done alot for our family during my cancer fight. We knew they would appreciate the wonderful dining experience and they DID! The wonderful food, exceptional service and eclectic ambiance earned Hamilton's Grille a new set of customers from this perfect evening. Garden Room is our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fine mealPaulVIPDined on 8/23/2014Hamilton Grill remains one of our favorite desitination restaurants. Whether it's after an afternoon of antiquing in Lamberville or meetings friends from "North Jersey" or NYC, we always find dining here a very pleasant and relaxing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Tried this place on a recommendation from a friend. In all fairness they thought it was a good place for outside dining. We visited on a on/off rainy day so we dinned inside. Service was good. BYOB was a plus. We found ourselves not thrilled about the menu choices. We chose the specials, sashimi tuna and some kind of steak and the mushroom risotto. The risotto and vegetables and mashed potatoes were really good. The steak was a little tough and the tuna was nothing to write home about. The wine was good….oh wait, we brought that with us. All in all, we thought it was just ok. Maybe the dining experience would have been better outside but we doubt it. For the money, there are much better places to go.
- Hamilton Grill Room AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014we reserved on Open Table for an anniversary dinner. We liked the outdoor canal-side venue and the atmosphere, on a perfect summer night. However, service was indifferent and clearly not focused, as we were seated for over 15 minutes before our waiter came back for a drink order. During this time, others were seated and attended immediately. Diners who arrived later were served first. Not sure why this was, but I felt that we were being ignored. Not sure if I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!RatherBeMountainBikingVIPDined on 8/22/2014Server was very enthusiastic and made the evening enjoyable. Food was good, but my steak was overcooked. I don't know if the server misunderstood my request for "medium rare" or the cook wasn't paying attention. Dining outside was great and overall the look was very nice. However, today many restaraunts are much more elegant. We sat near a very silly looking, noisy fountain. It was just water shooting up through mesh.Special Features:
- A+YoginidmdDined on 8/22/2014From Start to finish, enjoyable in every way. We enjoyed a quiet, delicious dinner for our daughter's 18th birthday. She loved it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hamilton's GrillAngiedinesDined on 8/22/2014We had a lovely dinner ( grilled scallops were fabulous!) following drinks at the Boat House which is right next door. After dinner, we went for a walk along the canal. You can't find places like this everywhere. It's the "whole " package. Hidden gems with a great location. Coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdvertisingAardvarkDined on 8/20/2014Although the ad for the Jersey Shore dinner depicted some items that were not offered, we did find the overall meal to be very good. We were able to eat outside due to fantastic weather and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. Our server, Jack, was very personable and kept our meal moving at a comfortable pace for us. We were with friends and were able to enjoy a very leisurely dinner. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014Very much enjoyed Hamilton Grill. It was our first experience there and remarkably enough, one of the few nights out of the entire year where they have a limited fixed menu. This one was Jersey shore driven and so was centered around steamed oysters as an appetizer, a light salad of Jersey tomatoes and greens and small lobster sampling, boiled potato and chicken combination. The food was fresh and pretty well prepared although I would have preferred some other options. The outdoor seating was charming, but the plastic tableware (I assumed it was strictly that night although I didn't check) was a bit tacky. I would absolutely return and try them on a full menu nite. Also loved the fact that it was a BYOB.Special Features:
- Nothing Like a Lobster BakeJgsjrVIPDined on 8/20/2014For a reasonable price fixe dinner we had salad, clams, mussels, lobster, chicken, sausage, corn and dessert! All was tasty and a fun time was had by all! If you get the chance visit Jim H's restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Jersey Shore" dinner at Hamilton'sedatnorcoDined on 8/20/2014Hamilton's is a favorite of ours, outdoors or in the Garden room. This was the first time we experienced the "Jersey Shore" dinner. The food was served "no frills barbecue style" (a departure from the usual at this restaurant) and was a wonderful sampler of fresh shellfish, lobster, veggies, and barbecued chicken and sausage. The peach pie was incredible. We'll have it again next year but will be back before then. The seafood, in particular, is always great.Special Features:
- jersey bustmikecustDined on 8/20/2014Very disappointed is all I can say.it had a whole lobster on website, we got only a half. Cole slaw on website, there was no coleslaw served. Six people at our table, there was 13 clams or mussels that we could not open. Three of us got ONE bliss potato. My piece of corn was TWO inches long, I measured it. Website had a full piece of corn. Waiters never asked us if we wanted coffee or tea. They were very inexperienced and had difficulty taking plates from table. It was NOT a good experience. I expected much, much, more from a Jim Hamilton restaurant This menu what I am talking about is from the "Jersey Feast".