Hamilton's Grill Room
8 Coryell Street
Lambertville, NJ 08530Neighborhood:
New Hope / Lambertville
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Hamilton's Grill Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hamiltonsgrillroom.com/
- Phone: 6093974343x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday- Sunday: 11:30 am-2:30 pm
Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Mark Miller
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: At the Grill Room, the combination of fresh imaginative cuisine, flawless service and warm ambiance has the kind of alchemy that turns ordinary events into extraordinary occasions. In your home of other venue it's an equally custom experience. Whether simple or lavish, traditional or unconventional, large or small, each celebration is highly personal, and produced with infinite thoughtfulness and care.
At your place or ours expect...perfection to the last detail.
On & off site catering.
Contact: Reed Apaghian - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Contact: Reed Apaghian - email@example.com
Please visit our website to review our catering brochure, which includes photographs and descriptions of rooms and spaces at the Hamilton's Grill Room available for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 6093974343x
- Special Events: Weddings . Cocktail Parties . Rehearsal Dinners . Bridal / Baby Showers . Anniversaries . Graduations . Fundraisers . Birthdays
Christening / Confirmations . Bar / Bat Mitzvahs . Holiday Celebrations Business Events . Corporate Meetings . Team Building -Cooking Classes
Unforgettable events begin with careful attention to details and uncompromising standards. Rest assured that in the hands of our gracious, polished, and genuinely caring staff your celebration will shine. They'll be no attitude, no pretension and nary a cummerbund or ruffled shirt. Trust us to produce tasteful events tailored to your needs and flawlessly executed.
Contact: Reed Apaghian - email@example.com
A word from Hamilton's Grill Room
Canal side, nestled in the European charm of a courtyard near the Delaware River & surrounded by quaint antique shops & art galleries, it is the remarkable creation & signature of award winning Broadway set designer & restaurateur Jim Hamilton, & reflects his one-of-a-kind signature style. Warm, soulful & sophisticated, the Grill Room remains one of the most romantic & unique places to dine in the Northeast. The Grill room's vibrant menus combine great style with a reverence for Mediterranean-inspired classics. Expertly prepared with skill & passion by executive chef Mark Miller, Jim Hamilton's seasonal offerings include grilled foods with voluptuous flavors liberally borrowed from cultural influences ranging from France, Greece & Italy to Spain & Morocco. Featuring fresh ingredients from some of the region's best purveyors, dishes are artful & generously portioned at the same time they are satisfyingly simple. CATERING at your place or ours expect perfection to the last detail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Hamilton's Grill Room - Best Restaurants in New Hope / Lambertville ›
Hamilton's Grill Room reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (153)romantic (119)special occasion (108)fit for foodies (103)neighborhood gem (96)scenic view (57)good for groups (40)hot spot (17)great for brunch (14)great for lunch (14)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- LOVED THE FOOD, BUT NOT THE SERVICEpaula1VIPDined on 8/30/2014THIS WAS NOT THE FIRST TIME WE DINNED AT THE HAMILTON GRILL ROOM. WE HAVE NEVER EVER BEEN DSAPPOINTED WITH THE FOOD OR PRESENTATION. THIS HOWEVER WAS THE FIRST TIME WE WERE DISAPPOINTED IN THE SERVER, I BELIEVE HER NAME WAS JULIET. WE FOUND HER TO BE NOT FRIENDLY AND NOT ATTENATIVE TO OUR REQUESTS FOR SPECIAL NEEDS THAT WERE OUTSIDE OF THE SELECTION OF THE MENU FOR OUR MAIN DINNER. SHE DID NOT MAKE US FEEL AT ALL WELCOMED AT THE HAMILTON GRILL ROOM. IN THE PAST WE NEVER HAD A SERVER WHO DID NOT PRESENT THE STANDARDS OF SERVICE PRESENTED AT YOUR RESTURANT.Special Features:
- Friday night dateTomDDined on 8/29/2014They were able to accommodate my request to be seated outside and the table was great. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. The appetizer of oysters was outstanding, fresh. We asked for a leisurely pace and he accommodated us well. The entrees were very good ((although my wife's salmon was a little over cooked) and the mushroom risotto side was outstanding. Hamilton Grill is fast becoming one of my favorites in Lambertville. Drinks before dinner at the Boathouse next door is always a treat.Special Features:
- TerryJDined on 8/27/2014Dined in doors and was not taken by the decore. Food was excellent. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurant experienceWingdam47Dined on 8/24/2014Outdoor dining in a very elegant yet casual setting, food interesting and well prepared. Extra incentive of being a high end BYOB, service was a bit slow but didn't detract from nice experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor dining spotEyeBVIPDined on 8/24/2014Lovely place to have lunch on a beautiful afternoon. Attentive and charming waitress, good food, well-presented.Special Features:
- Wow!Luv2eatDined on 8/23/2014Great restaurant. The food was amazing especially that night's specials.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningSumaDined on 8/23/2014We have dined here a few times and NEVER been disappointed. We chose this venue for a thank you dinner for a special couple who had done alot for our family during my cancer fight. We knew they would appreciate the wonderful dining experience and they DID! The wonderful food, exceptional service and eclectic ambiance earned Hamilton's Grille a new set of customers from this perfect evening. Garden Room is our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fine mealPaulVIPDined on 8/23/2014Hamilton Grill remains one of our favorite desitination restaurants. Whether it's after an afternoon of antiquing in Lamberville or meetings friends from "North Jersey" or NYC, we always find dining here a very pleasant and relaxing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Tried this place on a recommendation from a friend. In all fairness they thought it was a good place for outside dining. We visited on a on/off rainy day so we dinned inside. Service was good. BYOB was a plus. We found ourselves not thrilled about the menu choices. We chose the specials, sashimi tuna and some kind of steak and the mushroom risotto. The risotto and vegetables and mashed potatoes were really good. The steak was a little tough and the tuna was nothing to write home about. The wine was good….oh wait, we brought that with us. All in all, we thought it was just ok. Maybe the dining experience would have been better outside but we doubt it. For the money, there are much better places to go.
- Hamilton Grill Room AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014we reserved on Open Table for an anniversary dinner. We liked the outdoor canal-side venue and the atmosphere, on a perfect summer night. However, service was indifferent and clearly not focused, as we were seated for over 15 minutes before our waiter came back for a drink order. During this time, others were seated and attended immediately. Diners who arrived later were served first. Not sure why this was, but I felt that we were being ignored. Not sure if I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!RatherBeMountainBikingDined on 8/22/2014Server was very enthusiastic and made the evening enjoyable. Food was good, but my steak was overcooked. I don't know if the server misunderstood my request for "medium rare" or the cook wasn't paying attention. Dining outside was great and overall the look was very nice. However, today many restaraunts are much more elegant. We sat near a very silly looking, noisy fountain. It was just water shooting up through mesh.Special Features:
- A+YoginidmdDined on 8/22/2014From Start to finish, enjoyable in every way. We enjoyed a quiet, delicious dinner for our daughter's 18th birthday. She loved it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hamilton's GrillAngiedinesDined on 8/22/2014We had a lovely dinner ( grilled scallops were fabulous!) following drinks at the Boat House which is right next door. After dinner, we went for a walk along the canal. You can't find places like this everywhere. It's the "whole " package. Hidden gems with a great location. Coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdvertisingAardvarkDined on 8/20/2014Although the ad for the Jersey Shore dinner depicted some items that were not offered, we did find the overall meal to be very good. We were able to eat outside due to fantastic weather and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. Our server, Jack, was very personable and kept our meal moving at a comfortable pace for us. We were with friends and were able to enjoy a very leisurely dinner. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014Very much enjoyed Hamilton Grill. It was our first experience there and remarkably enough, one of the few nights out of the entire year where they have a limited fixed menu. This one was Jersey shore driven and so was centered around steamed oysters as an appetizer, a light salad of Jersey tomatoes and greens and small lobster sampling, boiled potato and chicken combination. The food was fresh and pretty well prepared although I would have preferred some other options. The outdoor seating was charming, but the plastic tableware (I assumed it was strictly that night although I didn't check) was a bit tacky. I would absolutely return and try them on a full menu nite. Also loved the fact that it was a BYOB.Special Features:
- Nothing Like a Lobster BakeJgsjrVIPDined on 8/20/2014For a reasonable price fixe dinner we had salad, clams, mussels, lobster, chicken, sausage, corn and dessert! All was tasty and a fun time was had by all! If you get the chance visit Jim H's restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Jersey Shore" dinner at Hamilton'sedatnorcoDined on 8/20/2014Hamilton's is a favorite of ours, outdoors or in the Garden room. This was the first time we experienced the "Jersey Shore" dinner. The food was served "no frills barbecue style" (a departure from the usual at this restaurant) and was a wonderful sampler of fresh shellfish, lobster, veggies, and barbecued chicken and sausage. The peach pie was incredible. We'll have it again next year but will be back before then. The seafood, in particular, is always great.Special Features:
- jersey bustmikecustDined on 8/20/2014Very disappointed is all I can say.it had a whole lobster on website, we got only a half. Cole slaw on website, there was no coleslaw served. Six people at our table, there was 13 clams or mussels that we could not open. Three of us got ONE bliss potato. My piece of corn was TWO inches long, I measured it. Website had a full piece of corn. Waiters never asked us if we wanted coffee or tea. They were very inexperienced and had difficulty taking plates from table. It was NOT a good experience. I expected much, much, more from a Jim Hamilton restaurant This menu what I am talking about is from the "Jersey Feast".
- Perfect NightVprofyDined on 8/19/2014Hamilton's Grill is one of our regular night outs. We have celebrated our anniversary there for years. Dining outside on a summer evening is especially delightful. The recent Jersey Special dinner was fantastic. Salad, clams, mussels, corn , potatoe, chicken, sausage, and lobster. Followed with a peach pie. Delicious.Special Features:
- I was disappointedLoriGVIPDined on 8/17/2014I've been there many times, but they were off this game this week. Not sure why. Salmon was WAY overcooked. The "chopped salad" was sliced cucumbers had ice cubes on it (was it not in the fridge?) so whatever dressing was there was really watery. Service was slow. Oysters were very good but no cocktail sauce in the house. I'll go back one more time but hope they get back on track.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On a Positive Note...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/15/2014I leave a review when an establishment is either very bad or very good. Hamilton's Grill falls into the latter category. I hesitated from making a reservation based on some of the reviews. However, my experience was positively positive. The food was delicious but the stellar service and candlelit garden setting were what truly elevated the experience from other restaurants in the area. Worth a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureSuprisemeDined on 8/13/2014love to take visitors to Lambertville (my home town) here. So lovely in summer or winter and food is well presented and usually very good. Oysters are excellent and everything from the grill is delish. Special place.Special Features:
- Not as goodJimOooVIPDined on 8/12/2014We have been here many times and usually very good. This night on a Tuesday they were not very busy. Our waitress seemed to have an attitude that night. My wife ordered a chopped salad and the waitress said it will be a little different no explanation. The chopped salad came out in a soup bowl and it was 80% tomatoes not like any chopped salad we ever had. The service was slow and it took sometime for the meals to come out. We had both ordered fish and both of the dinners came out warm not hot. It was just off that night and nothing seemed in sync it will be sometime before we go back. There are many other good restaurants in Lambertville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Several Area GemsJackAGordonVIPDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I spent a long weekend on a culinary odyssey in this region, which is teeming with good restaurants. We went to Anton's at The Swan, Brian's, Lambertville Station, and The Inn at Phillips Mill. Our evening at Hamilton's Grill Room was a highlight (as was Brian's) and it was made even better by the facts that (i) it is a BYOW, (ii) the courtyard is divine for al fresco dining, and (iii) we received attentive service from Kelly and Michael. We'll return for another meal or two in short order.Special Features:
- Always Love the Hamilton Grill!!!outtolunchVIPDined on 8/10/2014Matthew....the maître D could not have been more gracious...and too our waiter. We totally love the Hamilton Grill...the unique and funky setting, the delectable food!Special Features:
- Usually a hit. This time a miss.PacmanDined on 8/10/2014The excellent service that we have come to expect was delivered in the beginning of the dining experience. Once the food was served service collapsed. We went early to avoid the crowds that can cause service to slow and food to be less well prepared. I guess 530 pm wasn't early enough. The highly touted NY Strip was very average, like what you would expect from a highway steakhouse chain. The Bronzino was over cooked and had to be sent back. But on the bright side the starters were excellent as usual. Oysters, crab cake, and zucchini flowers all were prepared and served well. The rest of the meal and dining experience went downhill and never recovered. We will try Hamilton again since they usually deliver a much better experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same old storyJZNYCVIPDined on 8/9/2014I love Hamilton Grill and have been going there for years. The food is very good but more than anything I love the setting the décor and the ambiance. The problem is the service. Waiters seem harried and overworked although never at my table. After being seated we waited over 15 minutes for somebody to open our wine and pour us some water despite asking the backs of three servers as they rushed by us without even acknowledging us. People seated after us were taken care of/served first and that drives me nuts. This hasn't changed in all the years I have been going there so I don't see it changing anytime soon which is a shame. Great place but not if you like attentive, courteous service.Special Features:
- Anniversary DiinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014We have been to Lambertville three times and always wanted to go to the Hamilton Grill. We finally got there Thursday night for our 22nd anniversary. It was delicious. The atmosphere is fabulous. The hostess was lovely as was our wonderful smart, personable waitress, Chris. The night was perfect and we shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible Experience!AvidDinerDined on 8/2/2014Me and my husband went here for dinner on Saturday night and had an 8:30pm reservations. The outside looks very romantic and charming however we were told that we didn't put we wanted outside seating in our opentable reservation therefore we sat inside. Inside the tables are very close together. All was going well, we ordered our appetizers and entrees all at one time. Our appetizers came out fairly quickly, but it took about an hour after our appetizers to get our entrees. We were so hungry and weren't even given bread. Our waiter finally came back apologizing and I asked if we could have bread or something. The food was ok when we got it. I don't think we will be back.
- Service?serviceDined on 8/2/2014Started off very good. Great atmosphere, great quaint bar across the alley (boathouse). Dinner took 1 1/2 hours and ALL we got was an oh, well it's the "Saturday rush". Easiest "fix" would have been comped, free something - just a gestureSpecial Features:
- Always great!SparkmanVIPDined on 8/2/2014We've been going to Hamilton's for years ... and have loved it every time!Special Features:
- Just okSnickerDoodles1234Dined on 8/2/2014The outdoor seating area was quite charming. However the food was just ok. My husband ordered the shrimp scampi and only had three shrimp over a plate of pasta for $28 and was very disappointed. Are you kidding me? We waited over an hour for our entrees and the service was lacking on many levels. We would not return to the Hamilton Grill Room.Special Features:
- Simply the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Delicious food, great service beautiful atmosphere. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum. Great Dining. Great Location.KristenDined on 8/2/2014Hamilton Grill is BYOB and has amazing menu that changes on a weekly basis. We took another couple there this weekend and we not disappointed. I chose to start with the angel hair pasta with fresh pesto and cherry tomatoes. It was a fairly large portion for an appetizer, but fresh and light. My entree was a Ahi Tuna, sushi grade, served medium rare on rice, fresh jersey corn with fresh jersey chopped tomatoes. It was heaven. Service was attention and our waitress had a great personality. I plan to go back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014The room in which we were seated for our anniversary dinner was quite romantic. Our waiter, Michael was helpful, friendly and knowledgable. The service and food were excellent.Special Features:
- Perfect In Every WayEnajDined on 7/31/2014From the minute we entered we were treated as special guests. The Hostess and Waiter were very attentive. Our questions, dietary needs, and service was ideal. Then came the plates. Every dish was exceptional!Special Features:
- ef67892Dined on 7/27/2014Delicious, creative dishes. Superb Grill. Great Service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerescapesDined on 7/26/2014Outstanding experience! Food and service were great!Special Features:
- Nice romantic dinnerMikeDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I went to Hamilton's Grill Room for our anniversary and we were more than satisfied! We were looking for a nice romantic restaurant that wasn't a chain or 2 hours away. The Grill Room hit the spot! We sat outside and enjoyed a fantastic meal while enjoying perfect weather. We never felt rushed to give up our table like some restaurants do when they are busy either. Bottom line... We will be back and we will tell all our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PipeboDined on 7/26/2014Been there 7-8 times. Always good, sometime spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.