Hamilton's Grill Room
8 Coryell Street
Lambertville, NJ 08530Neighborhood:
New Hope / Lambertville
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Hamilton's Grill Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hamiltonsgrillroom.com/
- Phone: 6093974343x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday- Sunday: 11:30 am-2:30 pm
Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Mark Miller
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: At the Grill Room, the combination of fresh imaginative cuisine, flawless service and warm ambiance has the kind of alchemy that turns ordinary events into extraordinary occasions. In your home of other venue it's an equally custom experience. Whether simple or lavish, traditional or unconventional, large or small, each celebration is highly personal, and produced with infinite thoughtfulness and care.
At your place or ours expect...perfection to the last detail.
On & off site catering.
Contact: Reed Apaghian - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Contact: Reed Apaghian - email@example.com
Please visit our website to review our catering brochure, which includes photographs and descriptions of rooms and spaces at the Hamilton's Grill Room available for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 6093974343x
- Special Events: Weddings . Cocktail Parties . Rehearsal Dinners . Bridal / Baby Showers . Anniversaries . Graduations . Fundraisers . Birthdays
Christening / Confirmations . Bar / Bat Mitzvahs . Holiday Celebrations Business Events . Corporate Meetings . Team Building -Cooking Classes
Unforgettable events begin with careful attention to details and uncompromising standards. Rest assured that in the hands of our gracious, polished, and genuinely caring staff your celebration will shine. They'll be no attitude, no pretension and nary a cummerbund or ruffled shirt. Trust us to produce tasteful events tailored to your needs and flawlessly executed.
Contact: Reed Apaghian - email@example.com
A word from Hamilton's Grill Room
Canal side, nestled in the European charm of a courtyard near the Delaware River & surrounded by quaint antique shops & art galleries, it is the remarkable creation & signature of award winning Broadway set designer & restaurateur Jim Hamilton, & reflects his one-of-a-kind signature style. Warm, soulful & sophisticated, the Grill Room remains one of the most romantic & unique places to dine in the Northeast. The Grill room's vibrant menus combine great style with a reverence for Mediterranean-inspired classics. Expertly prepared with skill & passion by executive chef Mark Miller, Jim Hamilton's seasonal offerings include grilled foods with voluptuous flavors liberally borrowed from cultural influences ranging from France, Greece & Italy to Spain & Morocco. Featuring fresh ingredients from some of the region's best purveyors, dishes are artful & generously portioned at the same time they are satisfyingly simple. CATERING at your place or ours expect perfection to the last detail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Hamilton's Grill Room - Best Restaurants in New Hope / Lambertville ›
Hamilton's Grill Room reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (131)romantic (110)special occasion (106)neighborhood gem (100)fit for foodies (99)scenic view (45)good for groups (39)hot spot (28)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (12)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Excellent Food Terrible ServiceHungryDinerDined on 10/26/2014Went to dinner on a Sunday Evening. I had oysters which were terrific followed by a flat iron steak with blue cheese sauce cooked to perfection and was very tender. My wife had shrimp with polenta which also was properly prepared and had lots of flavor. However, the damper was the service. Had to ask our waitress for our appertizers after waiting at least 20 minutes. Had to remind her about salads and basket of bread. Table across from us had two seatings in the time it took us to have our dinner. 3 plus hours was just too long and, at times, we had to ask other wait staff for help as our waitress was nowhere to be found. Would go back but have a different server.Special Features:
- Wonderful spotRubyVIPDined on 10/25/2014The steaks were wonderful and service excellent. I was disappointed in our seating location of the back dining room. The front and center rooms were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantBudabarbDined on 10/23/2014I have been to this restaurant a few times. I can't wait to go again. The food and atmosphere is amazing. Recently went to Octoberfest it was fantastic from appetizer to dessert. It was BYOB so brought a nice bottle of Reisling to pair with German food.Special Features:
- Why haven't I been back soonerFilemanVIPDined on 10/19/2014A wonderful meal was had by all. The duck confit was amazing. Salmon moist and slightly under done, just the way my wife wants it to be. My shrimp were really tasty. Why it took me more than a year to come back, I don't know. Eric is on the Grille on Sunday's. Definitely not "the second team". It is a special place.Special Features:
- preciousflowerDined on 10/18/2014We sat grill-side and the chef was very friendly and food was wonderful.Special Features:
- badOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014bad slow service , crab cakes were frozen, calamari was all squid and very chewy, didn't put whipped cream or hot fudge on hot fudge sundae, steak was close to well when I ordered medium, spent $245 for 3 people , no booze,
- Great ChoiceCPG1Dined on 10/16/2014One of my two favorite restaurants in the entire region. Great food and service every time we dine there !Special Features:
- GlutzyDined on 10/16/2014The food was excellent. The service was very good...if a little slow. The restaurant was not even half full so the noise level was very low. All in all a very good dinner and night.Special Features:
- bambiDined on 10/14/2014The meal was inconsistent. Bread was OK, olive oil was stale. Tuna was good. Fries were soggy and unseasoned. Waited over an hour for main course, which only arrived after pleading with hostess. Early on a Tuesday-dining room was not busy.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingPT3231Dined on 10/12/2014This restaurant is very overrated. I was last there 15 years ago and never went back. I thought I would give it a try again in celebration of my husband's birthday. I'm sorry that I took him there. I ordered the strip steak which was no better than a supermarket cut. Full of gristle. My husband order the port house and he was equally disappointed. The roasted vegetables were burnt and my squash au gratin was dry. The only salvation to this dinner was the wonderful roasted oysters! The are so many other wonderful restaurants along the River in New Jersey and PA. I'm going back to my fav which is the Carversville Inn. Everything about is is wonderful! My birthday next time!
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014The food was just okay. When we arrived, the place appeared 1/2 empty, yet we waited for over 45 minutes for us to get our food. Once our food arrived, the place was jammed with people waiting to be seated. It appeared the waitstaff had difficulty managing and seating the crowd. The food didn't impress us.
- Dinner 10-13CarolynDined on 10/11/2014Food was pricey and just ok. Heard the menu was new - more like an NYC steakhouse. Service was a little slow. My husband was disappointed with his steakSpecial Features:
- Always SpecialDidaDined on 10/11/2014We discovered Hamilton Grille four years ago when a friend gave us a gift to certificate for our 30th anniversary. We returned this weekend to celebrate our 34th, and we weren't disappointed. We were seated in the front room under a canopy of white lights. The linens and sparkling wine glasses made a wonderful first impression; everything from the oysters to the butterscotch pot du creme was delicious, the eclectic decor is elegant without being stuffy, i.e., comfortable not-so-shabby chic. The staff is welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable to all, doesn't matter if you're wearing jeans and cowboy boots or weekend in the country tweeds. We'd dine here more often our budget permitted.Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/9/2014My husband and I have frequented this establishment many, many times in the past, we were truly again disappointed by our meal. We had stopped going in the past few years due to a number of reasons, one mainly being the menu, however, they just introduced a bigger, steak house type of menu, so we were anxious to try. Our grilled romaine was a sad pathetic wilted, tiny stick of lettuce, not worth the money or the effort. My pork chop was requested for medium well, but came out rare. I sent it back and it came about 15 minutes later, my husband was already done eating, it was off the bone entirely, rubbery and inedible. Sad to report that this restaurant needs a lesson in not resting on its laurels and its atmosphere alone.
- Wonderful spot for Sunday LunchBarbDined on 10/5/2014Had a wonderful lunch to celebrate my friend's birthday. Two of us ordered the skirt steak with bibb lettuce with grilled tomatoes and bleu cheese and the birthday girl had the burger. We shared an appetizer of mozzarella with grilled red grapes that was a winner. An all around great lunch. We'll definitely be back. Love that it is a BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!MLGetawayDined on 10/4/2014Exceeded expectations, meal was excellent! Wonderful dining experience, exceptional food quality! Best BYOB!Special Features:
- Take1NoteVIPDined on 10/4/2014We have been to the Hamilton's Grill Room on many occasions with having had good experiences overall. Unfortunately this time was not the case. Menu has changed which is ok. Our steaks were served cold. Service was not made available to bring attention to this matter in a timely fashion. When speaking to the manager to resolve this issue the manager simply did not want to do so in an acceptable way for both parties and did not appear to be concerned over our dissatisfaction. Very disappointing.
- Maybe the best restaurant in NJ!CatfelixDined on 10/4/2014Hamiltons Grill excels on every level! We can not recommend it enough. You feel that the entire staff really wants you to have a great time. I am a chef with 35 plus years in the industry, and it just does not get better than this in NJ.Special Features:
- Pleasant, but slow serviceanonymousDined on 9/28/2014We had the place pretty much to ourselves for a Sunday night. The food was good, the servers were nice, but the service was extremely slow. We sat at 7:30 and didn't leave until 10. Had to get up a few times just to ask for water refills. Not the Hamilton Grill I remember from the past. Not on my "must go back" list.Special Features:
- old favoritefood4thoughtDined on 9/28/2014Always good. New expanded menu with more options and old favorites. Great service from a friendly staff. Don't miss the grilled shrimp with anchovies!Special Features:
- Not always what it should beFGoldenDined on 9/28/2014This is probably the 4th time that we have eaten here. As usual, the food was quite good. Between the 3 of us, we had 2 orders of the scallops and one steak. Everything was excellent. However, for the 1st time, the service was abominable. We had to ask 3 times for bread for the table over 15 minute period. The soups took 20 minutes to come out after they were ordered. There was special desert, a 3=flavor sundae which we asked if we could share. They were nice enough to agree, but they served us each small helping of each of the 3 flavors, but without the fudge or whipped cream. We rated our previous visits 5-stars, but not this time. Hopefully, it was just a bad day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixedLuv2tryDined on 9/27/2014Service friendly but really slow. Long after we had ordered we were told what we had ordered was not available. We had waited almost an hour to learn this. Way too long. For our very long wait, and the fact that we weren't able to get what we had wanted, it would have been a smart move to have comped us for dessert. That would have been classy. Instead, makes us hesitant to return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014They were packed and under staffed. We could get over that but waited 1 hour for the salad and my wife's shrimp was about 30 minutes overdone. While my steak was perfect it still isn't up to the standard of going back.
- Not worth the trip!FinedinerDined on 9/26/2014We drove over twenty five miles to return to Hamilton Grill. Service, very average but it was the one leg King Crab that just plain shocked me. It was an entree for two, $52.00. My husbands portion was a quarter of the crab itself attached to one leg. My portion was a leg 8" long leg with maybe an ounce or two of meat. Ridiculous. We complained, nothing was done. I still cannot believe this was real. Despite the crab tasting good this was an insult. Never again! And my I say, the charm of the filthy flower pots, peeling paint everywhere, was lost on me for a fine dining restaurant. A little upkeep would go a long way.Special Features:
- daretodineDined on 9/20/2014Our recent visit was exceptional, this is the Hamilton's I know and Love.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2014Beautiful hidden gem on the canal in Lambertville! The food is delicious, we especially loved the Maine oysters!Special Features:
- Great Evening OutBabi6118Dined on 9/16/2014We went to Hamilton's for our anniversary, and it was everything we could have ever wanted! We don't go out to eat very often, so we wanted this experience to be worth our while and our wallet. It was both! The service was outstanding! Our server had a very balanced approach; not too over the top, but when we asked for recommendations he was glad to share. The food was excellent! I am still thinking about the Chilled Borschet! There was a large party that night, and they did get a little noisy at times. Perhaps we could have sat in the front or the middle rooms since we were only a two top??? Maybe in the future, consider the placement of couples in relation to big parties. Thanks for a great, memorable evening!Special Features:
- Still amazing after many years!GoodfoodfanDined on 9/13/2014Hamilton grill has been our go to place for my birthday and any reason we could find to dine there! It is a little quirky as is part of lambertville's charm, which I love. The food is simple, elegant, and perfectly prepared- right nearby your table, if you happen to be seated near the grill. Don't worry though- there's no smoke, only the delicious aroma of the grill. The place is often packed and the staff remains happy, efficient and engaging. The grilled shrimp with anchovy butter is a must, and the grilled whole fish (filleted at my request) was incredible. I can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinesalotDined on 9/13/2014Too noisy for starters. Didnt realize it was byob but bar nextdoor sells wine. Seated right next to the one unisex bathroom. Quite interesting. Food was good. Service was good. Rustic look intresting.Special Features:
- 50th birthday partyStirling11Dined on 9/13/2014I took a group of four to Hamilton's Grill for a 50th birthday celebration and it was a very memorable night. The food and service was fantastic and the property and surrounding area had a very warm feel to it. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Old friends dinnerJCKidd63Dined on 9/13/2014We recently met old friends for dinner and chose the restaurant based on menu and location. The menu satisfied everyone and the food was well prepared and delicious. The only problem was that one of the ordered appetizers never arrived. I would recommend the restaurant notwithstanding this shortcoming.Special Features:
- DanalVIPDined on 9/12/2014we went with 2 friends. The food was unremarkable (salmon, steak, crab cakes, sword fish), ambience is great.Special Features:
- An Old FavoritejoetaxDined on 9/11/2014We've been coming to Hamilton's since it opened. It never disappoints. Hospitable service in a pretty location with a menue that includes old favorites as well as something newSpecial Features:
- Gem on the CanalWingdaddyDined on 9/9/2014Secluded gem on the canal offering an exquisite dinning pleasure, romantic ambience and great service. Especially when paired with the neighboring Boat House Bar, an elegant experience in itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!Sun18fishDined on 9/6/2014We have been coming to Hamilton's Grill Room for about 15 years now and have experienced some ups and downs over the years…but always happily return as it's one of our favorite spots. Our recent visit was truly one of the best ones ever. We enjoyed oysters and both of the specials and our food was fabulous. However, what really made the night was the spectacular service. Our server was right on the money - attentive but not at all overbearing. We spent most of our dinner immersed in deep conversation, and several times I caught her out of the corner of my eye trying not to interrupt us while still attending to our needs. I wish I could remember her name! We are already planning our return visit - what a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive just to eat here!FoodArchitectVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have been going to Hamilton's for many years and honestly it is some of the best food we ever eat - even having dined at many 1-3 Michelin star places. Every dinner at Hamilton's challenges those other restaurants in the quality of the food, creative menu and exceptional service. We will travel over an hour to just dine here for the night! Mark makes you feel like you are home and the restaurant décor is wonderful, inspirational and relaxing!Special Features:
- NiniDined on 9/5/2014Our favorite restaurant in America (and we are from nyc!!!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice romantic dinnerBobBDined on 9/5/2014Service was very good; food (fish) was outstanding. Portions were not huge, but that was fine for me. It's a BYOB, the atmosphere is very charming and relaxed. Would like to see more salad options (the 2 available were very basic, but good). I would recommend this place for an evening out in Lambertville with someone special. After dinner cocktail at The Boat House next door is a great complement to an excellent dinner at Hamilton's Grill RoomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An old standardBillVIPDined on 9/3/2014We've been going to Hamilton's for nearly 30 years. The grill chef is still amazing, but the quality of the kitchen-prepared food varies. Our salads were uninspired. The wait staff is very good. No complaints there. It needs just a little more attention to detail to be the great restaurant that it has been in the past, but it was still a very nice evening.Special Features:
- FantasticVprofyDined on 9/2/2014Food always great. Outdoor seating on a summer evening is delightful. Friends visiting, the restaurant we wanted to share. Our second visit in a month.Special Features: