Hamilton's Grill Room
8 Coryell Street
Lambertville, NJ 08530Neighborhood:
New Hope / Lambertville
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Hamilton's Grill Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hamiltonsgrillroom.com/
- Phone: (609) 397-4343
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday- Sunday: 11:30 am-2:30 pm
Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Mark Miller
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: At the Grill Room, the combination of fresh imaginative cuisine, flawless service and warm ambiance has the kind of alchemy that turns ordinary events into extraordinary occasions. In your home of other venue it's an equally custom experience. Whether simple or lavish, traditional or unconventional, large or small, each celebration is highly personal, and produced with infinite thoughtfulness and care.
At your place or ours expect...perfection to the last detail.
On & off site catering.
Contact: Reed Apaghian - email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Contact: Reed Apaghian - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website to review our catering brochure, which includes photographs and descriptions of rooms and spaces at the Hamilton's Grill Room available for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 6093974343x
- Special Events: Weddings . Cocktail Parties . Rehearsal Dinners . Bridal / Baby Showers . Anniversaries . Graduations . Fundraisers . Birthdays
Christening / Confirmations . Bar / Bat Mitzvahs . Holiday Celebrations Business Events . Corporate Meetings . Team Building -Cooking Classes
Unforgettable events begin with careful attention to details and uncompromising standards. Rest assured that in the hands of our gracious, polished, and genuinely caring staff your celebration will shine. They'll be no attitude, no pretension and nary a cummerbund or ruffled shirt. Trust us to produce tasteful events tailored to your needs and flawlessly executed.
Contact: Reed Apaghian - firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Hamilton's Grill Room
Canal side, nestled in the European charm of a courtyard near the Delaware River & surrounded by quaint antique shops & art galleries, it is the remarkable creation & signature of award winning Broadway set designer & restaurateur Jim Hamilton, & reflects his one-of-a-kind signature style. Warm, soulful & sophisticated, the Grill Room remains one of the most romantic & unique places to dine in the Northeast. The Grill room's vibrant menus combine great style with a reverence for Mediterranean-inspired classics. Expertly prepared with skill & passion by executive chef Mark Miller, Jim Hamilton's seasonal offerings include grilled foods with voluptuous flavors liberally borrowed from cultural influences ranging from France, Greece & Italy to Spain & Morocco. Featuring fresh ingredients from some of the region's best purveyors, dishes are artful & generously portioned at the same time they are satisfyingly simple. CATERING at your place or ours expect perfection to the last detail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Hamilton's Grill Room - Best Restaurants in New Hope / Lambertville ›
Hamilton's Grill Room reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (98)special occasion (96)great for outdoor dining (94)neighborhood gem (91)fit for foodies (86)good for groups (35)scenic view (34)hot spot (26)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (8)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Lambertville gemDMGrossDined on 11/22/2014Superb food and service was very attentive. A bit difficult to find the first time especially at night but worth the trek from Pennsylvania. We will return. Nicely constructed menu with minimum specials. Tables are just a bit too close together near the grill but acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as normalJerseyDined on 11/16/2014We have enjoyed this spot for many years and always make it twice a year. We look forward to going even though the prices are a but high. On this trip they were out of close to half of their menu. The only steak they had left was the $45 strip steak which I did get and it was average. No ribeye,cowboy steak, branzino, or skate?! It was for the first time a disappointing dinner to celebrate my birthday. I hope in the future they realize if you are going to stay open until 9 you have food to serve!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good.rowing1VIPDined on 11/15/2014Food was good, service was efficient. Notable though was the wait for our table, even at 5:30pm and the restaurant half empty. Many open tables in the front, and more tables empty on the way to the back room where our hostess preferred to seat us, on the left side back room - which is the dark and musty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice job. Much improved!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/14/2014When Hamilton Grill recently changed their menu, we went about a month ago to check it out. Although the food was very good, the service was bad (at least an hour before entrées were served for party of 4; other tables were unhappy around us, etc). HOWEVER, we went back this past Friday with another couple and it was very, very good overall. We were seated right away, the waitstaff were very attentive, and the restaurant manager visited our table a couple times throughout our meal to ensure we were happy. The food was excellent (don't pass up the fried green tomatoes!), and the calamari appetizer and lobster were perfect. I ordered the jumbo shrimp, which was excellent (but too few shrimp to warrant the high price of $28). Our visit to the Grill was very pleasant and we'll be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2014Hamilton's had great food and great service. One improvement could have been made with the seating. It was late at night during the week and we were sat at a two-seater while they were other four-seaters open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieVIPDined on 11/9/2014What a beauty this spot is. Grab a bottle of your favorite wine and treat yourself to a romantic night our with someone you love!Special Features:
- Still greatBobbyVDined on 11/9/2014We have been to Hamilton's 50 times over the last 25 years, always great food and perfect service. However, I'm not sure I am totally in love with the new menu. It seems that there are too many choices, and sometimes food freshness can suffer with too many choices. Crab legs were good but not enough. Duck confit was outstanding, as was the smoked pork chop. All in all, great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014WE LOVE Hamilton's grill room!! Its cozy, classy, food is delicious, love the lighting and decor.They are VERY accommodating and friendly. The wait staff is very professional. We come all the way from Chicago just to eat at The HGR! It's a winner!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/7/2014When walking into an area called The Porkyard into a "grill room", my expectations are for a very casual restaurant filled with BBQ pork. However, this restaurant is quite elegant and the menu is filled with surf and turf options. The staff was very welcoming, knowledgeable and helpful in making selections. Although the food we selected was not exceptional, it was well prepared and tasty. And I am learning to like the BYOB custom of bringing one's own wine to dinner. All-in-all this is one of the best restaurants in the Lambertville/New Hope area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great american foodCityGirlDined on 11/5/2014perfectly prepared seafood. attentive staff. always a wonderful experience from the moment you enter the restaurantSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinnerFoodLoverDined on 11/5/2014Took my husband here for the first time for his birthday. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Food was great -- Delmonico steak and rib eye steak cooked to perfection. It is byob, but not inexpensive. Out of the way location. Good for a romantic dinner. Tables nicely placed -- not too close to each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaySkylandsDined on 11/4/2014We have been to the GRill for many years and always enjoy a soecial night out there.Special Features:
- SurprisedjustoutDined on 11/2/2014We have been to this restaurant many times and it is always great. Sunday night was not that. Service was slow and inattentive and the food was less then average. Hopefully it was just a one time thing.
- Really disappointingBucksBettyDined on 10/30/2014Ordered the Prime Delmonico which was full of gristle and had absolutely no flavor. Accompanying sauce was a blob of cheese floating in oil. Inedible. My guest was too polite to say much about the dining experience other than they liked the room we were seated in. We read in Bucks County Taste that the menu had been changed and that the food was really great, especially excellent steaks, but that was the opposite of our experience. It was pitiful.
- HappycustomerDined on 10/30/2014We went to celebrate my husband"s birthday and everything turned out perfect. My husband had the blue point oysters and Lobster for dinner and I had the fire roasted oysters and the wild Salmon for dinner. All was very delious, service was great and will be going back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food Terrible ServiceHungryDinerDined on 10/26/2014Went to dinner on a Sunday Evening. I had oysters which were terrific followed by a flat iron steak with blue cheese sauce cooked to perfection and was very tender. My wife had shrimp with polenta which also was properly prepared and had lots of flavor. However, the damper was the service. Had to ask our waitress for our appertizers after waiting at least 20 minutes. Had to remind her about salads and basket of bread. Table across from us had two seatings in the time it took us to have our dinner. 3 plus hours was just too long and, at times, we had to ask other wait staff for help as our waitress was nowhere to be found. Would go back but have a different server.Special Features:
- Wonderful spotRubyVIPDined on 10/25/2014The steaks were wonderful and service excellent. I was disappointed in our seating location of the back dining room. The front and center rooms were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would we go back?AbbbieDined on 10/24/2014Service very good, food not. Steaks tender and rare as requested but thin and grilled with no grill marks. Vegetable of the day ordinary brussels sprouts with too many outer leaves. Shrimp appetizer not very appetizing with much brown gunk and almost overdone, tasteless, very messy. Yes, we were told they would be messy, but really . . . and price was high for only three shrimp. Calamari salty. Apple crisp very good. Grappa dessert rocklike but with possibilities. Not an inexpensive meal but table coverings were only paper and greasy paper menus most unappealing. Not at all worth the price we paid.
- Love this restaurantBudabarbDined on 10/23/2014I have been to this restaurant a few times. I can't wait to go again. The food and atmosphere is amazing. Recently went to Octoberfest it was fantastic from appetizer to dessert. It was BYOB so brought a nice bottle of Reisling to pair with German food.Special Features:
- Why haven't I been back soonerFilemanVIPDined on 10/19/2014A wonderful meal was had by all. The duck confit was amazing. Salmon moist and slightly under done, just the way my wife wants it to be. My shrimp were really tasty. Why it took me more than a year to come back, I don't know. Eric is on the Grille on Sunday's. Definitely not "the second team". It is a special place.Special Features:
- preciousflowerDined on 10/18/2014We sat grill-side and the chef was very friendly and food was wonderful.Special Features:
- badOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014bad slow service , crab cakes were frozen, calamari was all squid and very chewy, didn't put whipped cream or hot fudge on hot fudge sundae, steak was close to well when I ordered medium, spent $245 for 3 people , no booze,
- Great ChoiceCPG1Dined on 10/16/2014One of my two favorite restaurants in the entire region. Great food and service every time we dine there !Special Features:
- GlutzyDined on 10/16/2014The food was excellent. The service was very good...if a little slow. The restaurant was not even half full so the noise level was very low. All in all a very good dinner and night.Special Features:
- bambiDined on 10/14/2014The meal was inconsistent. Bread was OK, olive oil was stale. Tuna was good. Fries were soggy and unseasoned. Waited over an hour for main course, which only arrived after pleading with hostess. Early on a Tuesday-dining room was not busy.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingPT3231Dined on 10/12/2014This restaurant is very overrated. I was last there 15 years ago and never went back. I thought I would give it a try again in celebration of my husband's birthday. I'm sorry that I took him there. I ordered the strip steak which was no better than a supermarket cut. Full of gristle. My husband order the port house and he was equally disappointed. The roasted vegetables were burnt and my squash au gratin was dry. The only salvation to this dinner was the wonderful roasted oysters! The are so many other wonderful restaurants along the River in New Jersey and PA. I'm going back to my fav which is the Carversville Inn. Everything about is is wonderful! My birthday next time!
- Just okayEaterDined on 10/11/2014The food was just okay. When we arrived, the place appeared 1/2 empty, yet we waited for over 45 minutes for us to get our food. Once our food arrived, the place was jammed with people waiting to be seated. It appeared the waitstaff had difficulty managing and seating the crowd. The food didn't impress us.
- Dinner 10-13CarolynDined on 10/11/2014Food was pricey and just ok. Heard the menu was new - more like an NYC steakhouse. Service was a little slow. My husband was disappointed with his steakSpecial Features:
- Always SpecialDidaDined on 10/11/2014We discovered Hamilton Grille four years ago when a friend gave us a gift to certificate for our 30th anniversary. We returned this weekend to celebrate our 34th, and we weren't disappointed. We were seated in the front room under a canopy of white lights. The linens and sparkling wine glasses made a wonderful first impression; everything from the oysters to the butterscotch pot du creme was delicious, the eclectic decor is elegant without being stuffy, i.e., comfortable not-so-shabby chic. The staff is welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable to all, doesn't matter if you're wearing jeans and cowboy boots or weekend in the country tweeds. We'd dine here more often our budget permitted.Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/9/2014My husband and I have frequented this establishment many, many times in the past, we were truly again disappointed by our meal. We had stopped going in the past few years due to a number of reasons, one mainly being the menu, however, they just introduced a bigger, steak house type of menu, so we were anxious to try. Our grilled romaine was a sad pathetic wilted, tiny stick of lettuce, not worth the money or the effort. My pork chop was requested for medium well, but came out rare. I sent it back and it came about 15 minutes later, my husband was already done eating, it was off the bone entirely, rubbery and inedible. Sad to report that this restaurant needs a lesson in not resting on its laurels and its atmosphere alone.
- Wonderful spot for Sunday LunchBarbDined on 10/5/2014Had a wonderful lunch to celebrate my friend's birthday. Two of us ordered the skirt steak with bibb lettuce with grilled tomatoes and bleu cheese and the birthday girl had the burger. We shared an appetizer of mozzarella with grilled red grapes that was a winner. An all around great lunch. We'll definitely be back. Love that it is a BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!MLGetawayDined on 10/4/2014Exceeded expectations, meal was excellent! Wonderful dining experience, exceptional food quality! Best BYOB!Special Features:
- Take1NoteVIPDined on 10/4/2014We have been to the Hamilton's Grill Room on many occasions with having had good experiences overall. Unfortunately this time was not the case. Menu has changed which is ok. Our steaks were served cold. Service was not made available to bring attention to this matter in a timely fashion. When speaking to the manager to resolve this issue the manager simply did not want to do so in an acceptable way for both parties and did not appear to be concerned over our dissatisfaction. Very disappointing.
- Maybe the best restaurant in NJ!CatfelixDined on 10/4/2014Hamiltons Grill excels on every level! We can not recommend it enough. You feel that the entire staff really wants you to have a great time. I am a chef with 35 plus years in the industry, and it just does not get better than this in NJ.Special Features:
- Pleasant, but slow serviceanonymousDined on 9/28/2014We had the place pretty much to ourselves for a Sunday night. The food was good, the servers were nice, but the service was extremely slow. We sat at 7:30 and didn't leave until 10. Had to get up a few times just to ask for water refills. Not the Hamilton Grill I remember from the past. Not on my "must go back" list.Special Features:
- old favoritefood4thoughtDined on 9/28/2014Always good. New expanded menu with more options and old favorites. Great service from a friendly staff. Don't miss the grilled shrimp with anchovies!Special Features:
- Not always what it should beFGoldenDined on 9/28/2014This is probably the 4th time that we have eaten here. As usual, the food was quite good. Between the 3 of us, we had 2 orders of the scallops and one steak. Everything was excellent. However, for the 1st time, the service was abominable. We had to ask 3 times for bread for the table over 15 minute period. The soups took 20 minutes to come out after they were ordered. There was special desert, a 3=flavor sundae which we asked if we could share. They were nice enough to agree, but they served us each small helping of each of the 3 flavors, but without the fudge or whipped cream. We rated our previous visits 5-stars, but not this time. Hopefully, it was just a bad day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixedLuv2tryDined on 9/27/2014Service friendly but really slow. Long after we had ordered we were told what we had ordered was not available. We had waited almost an hour to learn this. Way too long. For our very long wait, and the fact that we weren't able to get what we had wanted, it would have been a smart move to have comped us for dessert. That would have been classy. Instead, makes us hesitant to return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014They were packed and under staffed. We could get over that but waited 1 hour for the salad and my wife's shrimp was about 30 minutes overdone. While my steak was perfect it still isn't up to the standard of going back.
- Not worth the trip!FinedinerDined on 9/26/2014We drove over twenty five miles to return to Hamilton Grill. Service, very average but it was the one leg King Crab that just plain shocked me. It was an entree for two, $52.00. My husbands portion was a quarter of the crab itself attached to one leg. My portion was a leg 8" long leg with maybe an ounce or two of meat. Ridiculous. We complained, nothing was done. I still cannot believe this was real. Despite the crab tasting good this was an insult. Never again! And my I say, the charm of the filthy flower pots, peeling paint everywhere, was lost on me for a fine dining restaurant. A little upkeep would go a long way.Special Features: